InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Messaging ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two: Messaging

“InuYasha! Get off the roof!” A tall well-dressed man stood at the base of a huge mansion. His silver hair caught the rays of the late sun as it set. He was holding a brief case in one hand and pointing to the ground with the other.

“Bug off! I’m composing a song here.” Sesshomaru ducked a pen that was thrown at his head. A teenage boy looked over the edge of the roof and grinned. He held a red and silver Fender guitar in one hand and papers in the other.

“Little brother I’d advise you to come down before I ship you off to a boarding school in Sweden.” Sesshomaru said as he picked the pen up and crushed it.

“Hey! That was my favorite pen!” InuYasha jumped off the roof of the 4-story mansion, landing softly next to his brother. He looked at his guitar and his amber eyes reflected the light of the dying sun. He pushed his long silver hair out of his face and jumped two floors up and onto his balcony. He leaned over and glared at his brother. “And I already am goin’ to that Ryu Academy, moron!” Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and walked to his car.

InuYasha turned and went into his red painted room. He set the Fender on its stand and tossed the papers on his desk. He hopped onto the queen-sized bed and lay on the silver silk blankets covering it. He missed the forest house of his Father’s and he hated it here in the city. All the nasty scents hurt his sensitive nose and made his eyes water. Worse his brother had full custody of him and forced him to go to a prep school. InuYasha winced. The stars on the ceiling were not as good as the real thing. How he missed the forest of his birth. At least, he smiled to himself, it belongs to me.

He jumped as his cell phone rang. He rolled of the bed and dragged himself to his desk where his phone lay. He glanced at the caller ID before it rang for the 5th time. He flipped it open and answered it. “What is it Miroku?” he said to his friend hoping he didn’t want to do another gig at a bar.

“Hey you still goin’ to Ryu?” Miroku’s voice came over the phone.

“Yeah why?” InuYasha asked as he flopped on his bed.

“Because I just got accepted. Man is this cool or what? I haven’t seen you in like a year.” Miroku said.

“That’s cool. I hate it here. I rather live in a mud hole then with my bastard of a brother. And I saw you last week at the gig.” InuYasha said as he grabbed the letter he received unopened from his nightstand.

“Did you even read yours? Me and you are roomies man!” Miroku’s voice was full of joy.

“Haven’t had time. Hey I’ve got a new song by the way.” InuYasha said tossing the letter to the floor, still unopened.

“Cool, but hey I’ve gotta go, my mom’s yelling for me. She hasn’t found my latest prank yet. See ya later.” the click of his phone and the dead quiet answered InuYasha as he too hung up.

InuYasha walked to his laptop and sat on the thick carpet of his floor. He powered it on typed his password and signed online. He went to the messaging board. He logged on under SilverInu17 and sent an instant message to PinkMiko16.

SilverInu17: You there?

PinkMiko16: Yeah. So what’s up?

SI17: Nuthin much. Just got my letter to Ryu. Found out me best bud and I are goin’ to be Roomies.

PM16: Cool, I got accepted too. My Roommates a girl named Umi Sango. How funny is that?

SI17: Her name’s Ocean Coral? I mean Coral Ocean?

PM16: Yeah but still. Are you going to the party before school starts?

SI17: Ya my band’s playing the music. Have I told you its name yet?

PM16: No, what is it called?

SI17: The Demons. I’m lead singer and I play lead guitar, my bud Miroku plays drums and a friend plays bass.

PM16: Kool. Well I have to go. I have to find my bow and quiver. Lost it about a week ago. My major’s History and Ancient Fighting Styles what’s yours?

SI17: Music and AFS. I’m really good with a sword. C ya later.

PinkMiko16 has signed off.

InuYasha logged off and shut the machine down. After chatting for a month he still didn’t know her name and she didn’t know his. He closed the screen and flopped on his bed staring at the fake stars wondering who she was and what she looked like. He pulled the servant cord and waited.

A few minutes later a butler came in and asked “Sir what may I do for you?”

“Could you get my luggage so I can pack?” InuYasha said as he sat upright. The butler nodded and rushed out the door. He lay back down and stared at the wall.

The butler arrived with all InuYasha’s luggage. The suitcases were red and silver. He thanked the butler and proceeded to throw all his clothes into the suitcases. He ran into his bathroom and grabbed all the things he needed and threw those in the suitcase as well. He looked at the bulky bags and called the butler back. “Hey could you help me carry these down?” the butler nodded and picked one of the four bags up. InuYasha took the rest.

A half-hour later InuYasha was backing his red and silver Ford Mustang out of the driveway. He hit the road, phone and laptop beside him on the other seat.