InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Just For ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 18: Just For

“Miroku?” InuYasha asked. “Miroku! Where are you?”

Miroku dressed as a monk poked his head around the corner of the curtain and smiled. “Oi InuYasha wait.” he disappeared around the curtain and InuYasha heard his voice speaking to somebody. “Ladies and beasts, I am pleased to say we have recorded our first album. I’d like to thank you our loyal listeners because without you we would have never been noticed by our record label. And I am going to choose two special people from our audience to receive the first copies of our new CD Angry.”

“Miroku!” InuYasha growled as the crowd began screaming. His ears flattened to his head to shut out the majority of the noise.

“I’d like to call InuYasha our silver haired vampire slayer to present one of the two CD’s. InuYasha, everyone.” knowing the crowd would get angry and turn into a mob; InuYasha reluctantly climbed the stairs to the top of the curtain and the balcony above the stage. ‘If Miroku wants a grand entrance I’ll give him one.’ InuYasha took a rope and untied it from the landing. Looking at his victim InuYasha jumped holding onto the rope. Swooping into the audience he pulled an arm around the shocked girl and swung to the stage letting go of the rope and holding the girl bridal style in his arms. Miroku looked at him and laughed. “Hey you didn’t have to make that much of an entrance.” he whispered into his ear.

InuYasha looked at the fairy in his arms and grinned. Kagome glared at him through her blue covered eyes. InuYasha felt his heartbeat quicken and Kagome struggled in his arms. “InuYasha! Put me down now!” she pounded on his chest.

“Nah, I have to give this CD and then put you back in the audience.” InuYasha grinned at the disgruntled fairy.

“I’d like to present Umi Sango, my girlfriend with this CD.” Miroku said holding the CD up. Sango blushed under the pale makeup and walked up to the steps to the side of the stage and stood next to Miroku. “Here you go my sweet.” Miroku said handing the prize to Sango who glared at him, daring him to grope her. She took it and forced a smile on her face. She leaned over and kissed the stunned boy on the cheek. Th crowd roared and protested.

Miroku handed the microphone to InuYasha who set Kagome on the ground carefully, so his claws wouldn’t rip the fabric. Kagome pulled the dress down and tossed her hair. The glitter on her body shimmered and glowed in the stage lights. Covering the microphone with his hand he leaned over to Kagome and whispered into her ear, enjoying the spike in her scent. “Kagome? Would you go out with me?”

Beside him Kagome stiffened and looked at InuYasha with wide brown eyes. Unable to speak she nodded.

“I’d like to present this autographed CD to my girlfriend Kagome Higurashi.” InuYasha handed the CD to her wrapping an arm around her. She held the CD in her thin graceful hands and reached up to kiss InuYasha on the cheek.

InuYasha sniffed and stiffened; out in the crowd he spotted a familiar face causing him to growl. Kagome looked at him and asked, “What are you growling at InuYasha?”

“Nothing, I thought I saw an old friend who tried to kill me by giving me a drug I was allergic to.” InuYasha replied tearing his eyes from the face and looking down at his angel.

Miroku snatched the microphone out of his hands and shouted in it, “Before I forget our buddy Koga has a CD to give out to his girlfriend.”

Koga walked out of the curtain and strode to the middle of the stage. Taking the microphone from Miroku he called out in it, “Ayame! Babe come here!”

From the crowd another feudal age wolf demon walked, her reddish hair catching the light. Koga jumped down and scooped her up and planted her on the stage. Koga was three years older than InuYasha and Ayame was too. “Ayame my princess,” Koga got on his knee. “Will you marry me?” having been together for two years they loved each other and InuYasha noted from the lack of surprise Ayame expected this.

“Yes Koga I will.” she leaned into the microphone and hugged the wolf demon.

Miroku grabbed the microphone again and shouted into it “The intermission is almost over. And our newest song InuYasha wrote is dedicated to his girlfriend. Just for was written just a day ago and it will be played tonight.” with that said he turned pulling Sango to the platform near the edge of the stage. On it were three chairs and Sango sat in one. InuYasha lead his beautiful fairy princess to where Sango sat and looked back at Koga.

“Kagome? Would you like to go to dinner tomorrow night?” InuYasha asked as soon as Koga and Ayame walked over to the chairs.

“Yes.” she said in answer. InuYasha nodded and with Koga and Miroku disappeared behind the stage.

“Hey I didn’t know you were going to propose tonight, shit for brains.” InuYasha said as he picked his guitar from the stand. He walked to the center stage.

“Yeah well I did. Lets get ready to play!” Koga said as he took his spot. Miroku happily bounced to his black and purple drums, grinning from ear to ear.

The curtain raised with the gray smoke and a black light shone. The guitars started to sound and InuYasha played gently, being on cloud nine.

“InuYasha!” Miroku hissed.

Never made it as a wise man

I couldn’t cut it as a poor man stealin’

Tired of livin’ like a blind man

I’m sick of sight without a sense of feeling

The drums started up as InuYasha’s voice rose.

This is how you remind me

This is how you remind me of what I really am

It’s not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story

This time I’m mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking

I’ve been wrong, I’ve been down, been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head scream “are we having fun yet?”

It’s not like you didn’t know that

I said I love you and I swear I still do

And it must have been so bad

Cause livin’ with me must have damn near killed you

This is how you remind me of what I really am

This is how you remind me of what I really am

 

It’s not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story

This time I’m mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking

I’ve been wrong, I’ve been down, been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head scream “are we having fun yet?”

Never made it as a wise man

I couldn’t cut as a poor man stealing

This is how you remind me

This is how you remind me of what I really am

It’s not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story

This time I’m mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking

I’ve been wrong, I’ve been down, been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head scream “are we having fun yet?”

The drums faded as the smoke swirled and turned orange with that InuYasha’s voice carried to the audience. InuYasha stole a look towards Kagome and gave a smirk as he saw she was memorized by his voice. Miroku played the drums hard and fast as the next song began. Miroku wrote this the night his father died and his mother hung herself. He was dedicated to it.

He’s drunk again, it’s time to fight

She must have done something wrong tonight

The living room turns into a boxing ring

It’s time to run when you see him clenching his hands

She’s just a woman…never again

I hear her scream from down the hall

Amazing she can even talk at all

She cries to me…”go back to bed”

I’m terrified she’ll wind up dead in his hands

She’s just a woman…never again

Just tell the nurse you slipped and fell

It starts to sting as it starts to swell

She looks at you…she wants the truth

It’s right out there in the waiting room with those hands

Looking’ just as sweet as he can…never again

Seen it before but not like this

Been there before but not like this

Never before have I seen it this bad

She’s just a woman…never again

Father’s a name you haven’t earned yet

You’re just a child with a temper

Haven’t you heard “don’t hit a lady”

Kickin’ your ass would be a pleasure

He’s drunk again, it’s time to fight

She must have done something wrong tonight

Same old shit, just on a different night

She grabs the gun, she‘s had enough

Tonight‘s the night she‘ll find out how fuckin‘ tough is this man

Pulls the trigger as fast as she can…never again

Seen it before but not like this

Been there before but not like this

Never before have I seen it this bad

She’s just a woman…never again

Not needing to turn InuYasha smelt the sadness on Miroku’s scent. InuYasha choose this song in honor of his closest friend and knew it would have this effect on him. With his hearing he heard Sango gasp as InuYasha turned and looked at the monk. Miroku clutched the drum sticks, his knuckles turning white with his face in shadow. InuYasha turned and shouted, covering the microphone, “Hey are you okay? You want to quit?” Miroku looked up and shook his head. He struck the drums starting the next song.

I want to take his eyes out

Just for looking at you

Yes I do

And I want to take his hands off

Just for touching you

Yes I do

And I want to rip his heart out

Just for hurting you

And I want to break his mind down

Yes I do, yes I do, yes I do

And I want to make him regret

Life since the day he met you

Yes I do

And I want to make him take back

All that he took from you

Yes I do

And I want to rip his heart out

Just for hurting you

And I want to break his mind down

Yes I do, yes I do, yes I do, yes I do, yes I do

And I want to rip his heart out

Just for hurting you

And I want to break his mind down

Yes I do, yes I do, yes I do, yes I do

InuYasha had walked over to Kagome during the song and stood in front of her. She looked up at him with a sad smile and stood as the curtain fell. The crowd roared and screamed for more but most of his friend were in no shape to sing anymore. Kagome threw her arms around InuYasha and cried. InuYasha wrapped his arms around her and set his chin on her head.