InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Twice the Pain ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 19: Twice the Pain

“Miro?” InuYasha said using his childhood name. They had left the dance after the performance and went to their room, followed by Kagome and Sango who went to their rooms.

“Hmm?” Miroku said as he shut the door behind him.

“You okay?” InuYasha asked concerned. The monk dressed teen looked at him and sadly smiled.

“Yes, I still can’t believe she would shoot him and then hang herself. I was only 15 but I felt so much younger. After coming home from school I heard them arguing and I knew she had enough. As I opened the door I hear a loud bang, so I threw the door open and rushed to the living room. In front of me my mother was standing in the hallway blocking my view. She turned to me with a gun in her had and she told me ‘Never Again.’ at that point I saw blood pooling around her feet. I looked around her and my drunken father was lying in the pool of blood. I ran to my room and called the cops. While I was doing that I guess she hung herself. I walked into her room to check on her and I saw her feet kicking from on of the support beams. By the time I cut her down she died. I went to live with my aunt until a year ago when I found out my parents were extremely rich.” Miroku said sitting on the couch he had walked to.

“I’m sorry Miroku. I shouldn’t have picked that song.” InuYasha said sitting next to him.

“It’s okay it happened three years ago. I’m just not used to hearing that song. I mean I haven’t sung nor played it for a long time.” Miroku said after a while. “ Please don’t tell Sango. I don’t want her to feel bad for me.”

“Sure Miro. You hungry? Want to order a pizza? Invite the girls?” InuYasha asked as he stood from the couch.

“Sure. You know my PS2? Well I brought it and my adaptor. And all my games too.” Miroku said as he too stood. “Here use my cell. It has Kagome’s number. She wanted me to call her when you woke that morning.” InuYasha glared at him then shrugged.

“No problem. You bring Mortal Combat Deception?” InuYasha asked with a wicked grin.

“Dude how could I not, knowing you would wipe the floor with me. Except on Need for Speed Underground you can’t beat my Miata.” Miroku chuckled as he handed his cell phone to InuYasha. InuYasha took it and walked to his room.

He flipped the phone open and scrolled down the contact list. Stopping at Kagome’s name he pulled his own cell out and entered it on his own. Closing Miroku’s phone InuYasha called Kagome’s number and waited for her to pick it up.

After the third ring Kagome’s sweet voice answered “Hello?”

“Hey Kagome. What’s up?” he said not giving his name.

“InuYasha? Nothing’s going on me and Sango were wondering what to do. We still have 5 hours till curfew.” Kagome said over the phone. In the background he could hear his band playing. It sounded quite odd.

“Want to come over and have some pizza? Sango can come too Miroku wants her too.” InuYasha asked her. He looked over at his doorway and saw Miroku leaning in and holding a box up.

“Sure but we are still in our costumes. We’ll need to change.” Kagome said as a protest came from the background. “Hold on I think Sango found an alarming message in her CD case.”

“Okay” InuYasha replied. He put a hand over the phone and looked at Miroku. “What did you write?”

“Um nothing?” Miroku said. “Okay I put she is a beautiful flower who blooms rarely and has a strong right arm.” InuYasha raised and eyebrow.

“InuYasha?” Kagome’s voice came through the covered phone.

“Ya?” he replied giving the monk an evil glare.

“Miroku I guess wrote she has a nice but and big boobs and he’s glad their his,” she said with a hint of amusement.

“Oh really? So you going to come over?” InuYasha asked glaring at Miroku.

“Yeah just give us a half hour to dress and we’ll be right over.” Kagome said as she hung up.

“Kay monk you need to set up the PS2 and I’ll order the pizza.” InuYasha ordered.

“Fine!” Miroku said slumping out of the room.

InuYasha called the pizza place and ordered five pizza’s, Hawaiian, pepperoni, combination, tomatoes and meat lovers. After the call and the reasurance they be there in a half hour or his money back InuYasha looked at his clothes lying everywhere. “Damn now I have to clean my room.” InuYasha put the dirty clothes in the hamper labeled number 11 that hung in the closet. He folded the remander of the clothing and placed it in the drawers. Empting the suitcases, he put the junk within them away and threw the suitcases themselves in the closet. Then thinking better he placed them side by side and hung his shirts and jackets on the hangers. Looking around he saw his CD collection lying everywhere so he picked them up and placed the 197 Cds on the shelves. He looked at the desk and groaned. It was covered in papers and old ramen containers. Organizing the papers and throwing the containers away, InuYasha looked at his two guitars lying on his unmade bed. He huffed and set the guitars on their stands in front of the window. He glared at the bed and made it. He pulled the red comforter up and smoothed it out after tucking the sheets where they belong. He was glad his mother taught him how to do this, Sesshomaru never learned.

“InuYasha dear go make your bed.” Izayoi his mother called from outside his room.

“I no wanna!” the 9-year old said crossing his arms. His mother looked sternly down at him.

“Yes, now here I’ll help you do it.” she smiled and continued when the young hanyou said his famous ‘Keh’ “Sesshomaru doesn’t know how to make his bed. You will know something he doesn’t.” InuYasha’s little face light up as he jumped up and down his silver hair catching the morning light.

“Okay this is how you do it.” his mother instructed him as InuYasha watched carefully.

InuYasha stared at the pillow he was crushing and shook it. He tossed it on his bed and jumped on after it burying his face in the soft down blanket. He sniffed and felt th soothing smell of pine lull him to sleep.