InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Wasn't ( Chapter 38 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Okay I finally figured out what to do! Okay if any of are wonder I do have blond in my burnette hair. I discovered that I could just re type everything onto my mom’s computer! I so happy. But I so stupid too……..stupid, stupid me…….anyway I hope nobody hates me.

 

 

Chapter 38: Wasn’t

InuYasha felt his spell flicker as Hiten proceeded to advance on Kagome, InuYasha growled as his Yokai rose to accept the challenge Hiten had unknowingly placed before the enraged inu hanyou. A sharp scent of blood assaulted his sensitive nose and he was surprised to find a wound across his chest. He figured when he was thrown by the bolt he must have landed on something sharp or broken a rib.

“Stay away from us!” Kagome yelled as she backed away from the thunder demon and towards the still kit. InuYasha took one leap forward and gracefully landed in front of Kagome and her attacker. Snarling InuYasha growled and flexed his human seeming hands, unaware the threat was not as scary as it looked. The thunder demon laughed and kicked InuYasha in the wound sending him flying to the other side of the parking lot. Growling louder InuYasha charged at Hiten and knocked him to the ground. Behind the wrestling demon and hanyou Kagome had erected a barrier around her and Shippo, who InuYasha was relieved to smell, alive. Jumping back InuYasha held his hands to his chest wound. Hiten smiled thinking he had harmed the hanyou.

“Your fight is now with me, not her.” InuYasha managed to choke out from beneath the pain. Hiten laughed and turned to face Kagome, dismissing InuYasha as a threat. InuYasha smiled as he leapt in between the two again and fully punched Hiten in the face, knocking the thunder demon clear across the parking lot.

Hiten stood and said as he wiped a bit of blood from his mouth, “so you are her protector now, instead of that half breed mutt? What matter of demon are you? With that concealment spell designed so I can’t even feel your yokai aura.” Hiten face InuYasha and continued, “After that mutt killed my brother, I gained an ally, Naraku. See nobody messes with Naraku’s plans and lives. That mutt stuck his nose where it doesn’t belong and this time the place happened to bite back.” behind Hiten Kagome had dropped the barrier and was forming a bow out of her miko power. InuYasha growled at Hiten trying to keep him distracted. “You can’t kill me. And once you die I will have her.” Kagome fired a bolt of pure energy at the back of the thunder demon. Hiten crumpled to the floor clutching his chest. InuYasha watched in slow motion as Hiten pushed himself up off the ground as Kagome fell to the ground unconscious from the overuse of power.

“Yes I can.” InuYasha growled as he removed the chain that bound his true identity. Hiten’s eyes widened as he recognized who it was.

“You, how?” Hiten asked as InuYasha pulled his hands away from the wound in his chest.

“He told you that to cover up the fact that Kikyo couldn’t kill me because of the powerful spell Kagome had accidentally placed upon me.” he pulled his hands above his head and brought them down as he yelled, “Blades of blood!” he watched in sick amusement as Hiten was shredded with the blades that were flung from his fingertips. Breathing hard InuYasha looked behind him as he heard a sharp gasp. Shippo sat on Kagome’s body, staring at InuYasha with a mixture of fear and awe. “Don’t. Tell. Her.” InuYasha said as he pulled on his necklace again and became his alter ago, Yuri. Limping he walked to Kagome and scooped her up into his arms. Shippo jumped up onto InuYasha shoulder and stared down at his mother’s body. He walked to his car and wondered how it avoided being scratched as the whole parking lot was covered in blood. He pulled open the door and set Kagome in the front seat and Shippo jumped in to the back as InuYasha shut the door. He walked around and got into the car and started the engine. He began to drive the car towards a spot his subconscious had picked, because InuYasha began to see black as he turned onto a road flanked by forest and the smell of the sea. A sharp pain caused him to jerk the steering wheel and InuYasha passed out as the mustang drove off the road and Shippo watched with wonder and fear as the car passed all the trees without a scratch and stopped at a beach. Shaking with fear Shippo attempted to wake his mother and seeing how that wasn’t working he turned his attention to the whimpering hanyou behind him.

***InuYasha dream***

“InuYasha, son come here. I have something very important to tell you.” his father said as InuYasha passed the door to the study on his way to his room. Looking into the room InuYasha was alarmed to see his father afraid. Cautiously he walked in and saw a small wooden box with intricate carvings. At age 16, InuYasha was aware of the things his parents attempted to hide from him and seeing that box, he knew that this wasn’t a friendly father to son chat.

“Yes father?” he asked as he took a seat in one of the leather chairs that sat in front of the large mahogany desk his father now sat at.

His father looked at him, a look of worry as he opened the wooden box that sat in the middle of the desk’s spacious surface. He pulled a string of prayer beads out of the box using a cloth to keep from touching them. He then pulled an ancient scroll and a dull orb out of the box and set them on the other side of the box, separate from the beads. “These InuYasha,” his father pointed to the beads, “Can neither be touched by a human or demon. These are meant for a mix breed. A hanyou. Pick them up.” his father said as he watched InuYasha’s face. InuYasha picked the beads up. He felt no pain, he felt nothing as the beads rested in his hands. “InuYasha there is somebody who wants something of mine, something that I will not let him have. I fear he has finally found this house and he will come tonight. You must not let him have the scroll. The orb will only lead, it will not direct to the true source of power the bearer searches for. InuYasha Naraku wants a jewel that belonged to a good friend of mine. I fear he has already been lost to the malice in Naraku’s heart. Do you remember my good friend Higurashi? The jewel was his. I promised to protect it until his daughter marries.” InuYasha felt his father didn’t finish what he was saying, he felt as if his father was hiding something.

“Why are you giving it to me?” InuYasha asked fearing he already knew the answer.

“Because I may not live beyond this night. If I don’t Sesshomaru will take you in as is a brother’s duty.” his father said. “We all love you InuYasha. No matter what your blood you are as strong as you want to be. Remember that. And remember that I love you and always will be there for you, just not physically.” he father stiffened as a loud bang echoed through the house. “InuYasha run! Leave the house!” his father leapt to the fire place where his two swords hung above. He pulled both out and left the room with one last glance at his son.

InuYasha pocketed the scroll and took off out of the study and into his room in which a secret passage way was built. He ran along the dark corridor until he reached the end. He pushed the thick door open and ran across the beach towards away from the house. He turned with one last look as his house went up in flames. Screaming InuYasha fell to his knees as he knew his father was right. He froze as he watched a figure walk from the flames holding a bundle in his hands. InuYasha instinctively knew this was Naraku. He struggled to his feet as the man came closer.

“Ah InuYasha, the youngest son of the Takahashi fortune. Well this will be easy. Give me the stone and I won’t hurt you.” the man said in an oily voice. InuYasha stumbled backwards as he crawled away.

“No.” InuYasha growled over his hammering heart. He just refused the man that killed his parents. InuYasha jumped to his feet and ran. Without warning he was tossed close to the crashing waves that rolled onto the beach.

“No one refuses me.” Naraku growled as he pried InuYasha’s hand open and took the orb. “Now to kill you.” he picked InuYasha up easily and carried him back to the raging inferno he had called the summer home. “This is where you die. And just in case you survive the inferno, you aren’t going to remember this, only what I want you too.” InuYasha screamed in pain as something long and black shot out of Naraku’s hand and flew straight into InuYasha’s face. InuYasha crumpled to the ground whimpering in pain. Naraku lifted the hanyou and tossed him into the flames.

As InuYasha came to again he heard a familiar voice say, “Come on son.” as he felt himself be lifted from the main fire. He drifted back into the darkness as he caught a flash of silver in the firelight.

InuYasha awoke again to a world of pain as he heard somebody say, “Yeah I found this house burnt to the ground with three bodies inside.” the voice paused, “No I don’t know what happened,” InuYasha tried to sit up and whimpered in pain, “Holy shit! I think one of them is still alive!”

“Yuri?” a small frightened voice said.

“Yuri?” a familiar woman asked.

***End of dream/ flashback***

InuYasha jerked back to the present in pain as he whimpered in pain. He whimpered again as he felt a hand touch his face.

“Yuri?” Kagome asked worriedly. InuYasha opened his eyes and found himself looking into Kagome’s grief filled orbs. “I thought I lost another to him too.” Kagome said as tears began sliding down her face.

“Wasn’t,” he tried to say, lost but couldn’t continue.

“Wasn’t what?” Kagome asked confused as InuYasha slipped back into the darkness, his only thought was that the warm wetness that was falling down his sides, wasn’t natural. “He’s bleeding badly!” he felt a pressure over the wound and finally went into the darkness.