InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Pain of Separation ( Chapter 40 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Sorry but I decided I didn’t like the original chapter so I re did it. So if you already read it it’s different.

I rewrote this chapter again. I hope I do not rewrite it for a fifth time……

 

For those who read the latest chapter of For One Reason Or Another chapter 24: Monsters then you know I am sorely disappointed in those who read my story but don’t review.

Once again on a happier note I’d like to thank those who actually reviewed. *glares at readers who didn’t review*

Inukagzluver, Thank you.

Giggity, Thank you.

Cesi, Thank you.

Autmn the River, Thank you.

~alanna, Thank you.

Vandreader, Thank you.

Airy, Thank you.

El ahrairan, Thank you.

Homicide, thank you for your reviews on F.O.R.A.

Does my name matter, I think I fixed that chapter. Thanks for the heads up.

Inuyashasbiggestfan, Thank you.

iwuvit, Thank you.

Tanaga Mannie Bre, Thank you.

Dark angel2, Thank you.

Kronik, Thank you.

Tony the addicted tiger, Thank you.

inuyashafiend, Thank you.

cheesypoofs, Thank you.

krystine, Thank you.

Insomniac Owl, You are the target for a group of secret agents who specialize in taking down overzealous reviews. ^.~

Paookie, Thank you.

Graceful wind, Thank you.

Crazy monkey, Thank you.

inukaggrrl06, Thank you.

bloodbrother, Thank you.

star555555528, Thank you.

inuyashawifey, Thank you.

mikogirl, Thank you.

punkinluv, Thank you.

Jin the wind master, Thank you.

Emrald of My heart, Thank you.

toasterwoman360, Thank you.

elphaba, Thank you.

Silver_lidia, Thank you.

Lonely~Soul, Thank you.

peacefrog, Thank you.

peirdot215, Thank you.

Inu_inu_luvluv, Thank you.

Lady orange, Thank you.

S.S, thank you for reviewing my story first.

Now that the thanks are over and I know that many of you have reviewed several times and I’d like to thank you for it.

Chapter 40: Pain of Separation

“Five Years ago?” InuYasha asked in disbelief.

“Five years ago. You had a performance. You asked me out on stage.” Kagome said tears sliding down her face. “I’m pinkmiko16. Do you remember?”

“Yeah that’s the name of my online buddy.” InuYasha said itching to comfort her. He shrugged off the feeling ‘Where did that come from?’. Just then a cell phone’s sharp ring cut through the air and InuYasha pulled his phone out. “Hello Roku.”

“InuYasha where is the world are you? Wait did you just call me Roku? You stopped using that name and just called me monk after our performance at the concert at Ryu when you asked the love of your life to go out with you.”

“Roku I don’t remember that concert, I don’t know who Kagome is and want to know why I’m in a car with a chick I have no clue why she’s crying.” InuYasha growled.

“InuYasha, Kagome’s your girlfriend. She’s probably crying because of what you just said. Let me talk to her.” Miroku said. ‘Girlfriend? I don’t know who she or the kit is. Why did Miroku say that?

InuYasha handed the phone to the girl who said, “Miroku he doesn’t remember me! What if something happened to his head? Oh kami hates me. First I lose him, then I find him and I lose him again.”

“Calm down Kagome. I’m sure we can find away to fix it. He wasn‘t like this before he left.” Miroku’s smooth voice said. InuYasha’s superior hearing picked up the conversation as if was also on the phone.

“Hold on you knew he was back and you didn’t tell me!” Kagome yelled into the phone. ‘Man’s she fiery.’ InuYasha thought as he watched the raven hair woman seethe in anger.

“Chill out, he did know who you were. He wanted to surprise you. Did something happen to him that caused him to forget?” InuYasha suppressed a chuckle, ‘Man Roku you’re a baka.

“Yes Hiten attacked me and him with a lightening attack.” Kagome said. “I’m not sure if InuYasha killed him or Hiten took off I kinda passed out.”

“Did Hiten use one of his stronger thunder attacks?” Miroku asked.

“Yes and when InuYasha was Yuri I thought he was seriously injured. He had a wound, real bad wound. Now it’s gone.” Kagome said as she looked at InuYasha.

“Okay just bring him by. I’m sure he’ll let you instruct him to my house. Sango can give you a ride home when you get here.” Miroku said. ‘Sango?’ InuYasha thought. ‘Who’s she?

“Okay bye.” Kagome said.

“Bye.” Miroku said before he hung up. Kagome sadly handed the phone back to InuYasha. Her eyes showed her heart had been broken again. InuYasha once again felt the need to comfort her.

“What did he want?” he asked gruffly.

“We have to go to his house. I’ll tell you the way.” Kagome softly said as Shippo scooted into her lap. She looked ahead, neither crying nor saying a word.

“K.” InuYasha said as he started the mustang’s engine.

**Hour later**

“Shh. Kagome it’s okay.” Sango said as they sat on Kagome’s couch. Sango held her best friend in her lap as the sobs racked her thin body.

“It’s not okay!” she sobbed as a picture was clutched in her hand.

“I know it’s not. But you have to listen to me. There is a chance he’ll recover his memories.” Sango softly said as she stroked her friends hair trying to comfort her.

“I miss Yuri.” Kagome managed to choke out. “I lost InuYasha, I lost my dog. I find InuYasha again only to lose him. Sango why does the world hate me?”

“It’s okay. The world doesn’t hate you. It seems fate wants to mess with you.” Sango said as Kagome’s breathing deepened slowly. Keeping her hand stroking the soft black hair Sango reached for her cell phone. “Miroku, let me speak to InuYasha.” Sango said sweetly, a little too sweetly.

“Sure?” Miroku said. “Hey inu Sango’s on the phone.” Sango listened and to her astonishment InuYasha didn’t ask who.

“What?” he asked gruffly. Sango narrowed her eyes as she visualized her hands wringing his pathetic neck.

“InuYasha? You really don’t remember me?” Sango said sweetly.

“No. I still don’t get half the shit Miroku’s telling me.” InuYasha said gruffly.

“Well the girl of your dreams is laying on my lap crying in her sleep!” Sango hissed. She then smiled as she visualized her fist slamming into his worthless face.

“I know I can feel her sadness. Don’t know how but I do.” InuYasha admitted.

“Oh. Um maybe it’s because of that bond thing that was formed five years ago.” Sango said. She felt bad for the horrible things she wanted to do to him.

“I don’t know I wish I knew where my dad was.” InuYasha said after a long silence.

“I thought you said he was dead?” Sango exclaimed along with Miroku.

“He never was dead. Don’t know what you’re talking about.” InuYasha said before the line went dead.

Sango looked down at her sleeping friend and slowly got up and check on Shippo. She found him in Kagome’s room curled up in one of her larger shirts. As he shifted in his sleep Sango caught the red shirt flash silver and saw the first letter of InuYasha’s old shirt from his band, The Demons. In the living room Kagome shot up off the couch and began screaming.

“He’s hurt! he’s in pain! No! It burns!” Kagome began chanting as if she was performing a spell. Sango ran out of the room with the kit hot on her heels. She skidded into the living room as Kagome started shaking. Sango recalled the day after InuYasha went missing when Kagome had another one of this fits.

***Flashback***

Sango watched in horror as her best friend writhed in pain on the floor, moaning “My bones feel like they’re on fire! Help me!” Kagome croaked out in a harsh voice not her own. Sango flinched as Kagome’s foot came into contact with her stomach as Sango knelt down near the thrashing girl.

“Kagome! Snap out of it!” Sango said desperately trying to stop the flailing limbs. She hastily jumped back as Kagome screamed in pain again and her skin glowed a faint angry red.

She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and prayed Miroku was close to the school. “Miroku! Where are you?” Sango cried in worry.

“Worried about me my dear? I just walked into my room.” Miroku’s usual cheerful voice was dull.

“No Kagome’s having a fit! I need your help!” Sango yelled as Kagome convulsed. A red light began to form around her body and if Sango had any spiritual powers she would see the pink glow that out shone the red. Miroku hung up and was in the room with the girls within seconds.

“Okay, hold her down.” Miroku said calmly as he remembered something his old teacher had told him. Sango complied then glared at him.

“Why are you so calm?” she hissed as she struggled with the girl’s body.

Miroku didn’t answer. Instead he placed his right hand in Kagome head. Sango watched his face pale as Kagome calmed. A crackle was heard and Miroku was flung to the other side of the room, holding his hand. “She’s strong, way to strong! She formed a bond with InuYasha and she’s experiencing what pain he is!” Miroku panted as he held his hand close to his body and Sango watched as a scarlet drop fell from his closed fist. “It’s Kikyo’s fault.”

***E.O.F.***

She dug in her pocket and pulled her phone out. Quickly dialing her home number she held the phone up with her shoulder as she held the kit with her hands. Shippo was struggling to help his mother. “Sango! InuYasha just passed out on the floor and he’s seems to be reliving all his memories that he lost!” Miroku shouted.

“Kagome’s going through the same exact thing!” Sango shouted over the hoarse screams of InuYasha and Kagome.

“Calm down I think he’s okay.” Miroku said as the shouts ceased. “Oh shit.” Miroku cursed.

“Where is this InuYasha’s Mate!” a loud, deep voice growled.