InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ run run as fast as you can... ❯ run run as fast as you can ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything encompassing Inuyasha. Those rights belong to one of the coolest chicks out there, Rumiko Takahashi.
************************************************************* *****************************************
Kagome ran down the street in a blind panic. "Why the hell does this always happen to me?" she whispered to herself.
The figure behind her was speeding up, and gaining on her.
Kagome grabbed a hold of the streetlight on the corner and used it to catapult herself around the edge without falling, or loosing speed. Her assailant, though, read her actions and was able to follow suit, without loosing a beat.
Sweat was dripping off her in cold sheets. 'Please Kami, let this end. my legs can't take much more of this.'
Kagome was blessed by her small prayer by the sight of the Higurashi shrine in the misty distance. == Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you==
Her assailant was so close now; she could feel his breath on her neck. ==No way is he gonna get me== "not if I can help it."
Kagome slowed down enough that he had his arm near her waist to grab her and pick her up. Then she stopped short, dropping and rolling to the ground. Her assailant fell over when he went to reach for her.
With her near-captors face in mud, she rolled onto her feet and ran like lightning up the steps, taking two at a time.
Kagome's assailant was not happy that his capture attempt was thwarted and proceeded after her.
==Almost there== Kagome's breathing was coming in sporadic bursts. She reached the top of the steps in record time. But so did her pursuer.
Making a false left at the top, she was able to duck around to the right, effectively gaining a few seconds, before he grabbed her by the waist and slammed her against the Goshinboku, which they happened to be running near.
"Fuck! Let me go!"
"Ha! I win."
"Fine fine. You win. But you have to admit, Inuyasha, that this is the first time I came even close to winning. That's gotta count for something, ne?"
Kagome's silver haired captor chuckled lightly, before kissing her gently.
"Yeah, I guess. But that still doesn't mean that if I were any other demon, you'd be so lucky. I let a few things go, this time. If I had really wanted to get you, you would be dead."
"Yeah, and I let some things go myself. Like the s-i-t word"
Inuyasha shook his head "That word won't work on Naraku."
Kagome squirmed enough from his embrace to entwine her arms around his neck "Yeah, but I'll have my bow and arrows. AND my powers to purify his ass, which I would never use on you, as well as the most important thing; my mate beside me to protect me."
Inuyasha never tired of hearing that. ==My mate. Hai, I would protect her with my life, if need-be== with a smile he scooped the little Miko into his arms and leapt into the boughs of the Goshinboku. It was where the two now slept if they stayed in her time, after a near death experience for Souta, when he walked into her room, during a powerful lip lock.
It has only been a few months but the two had seemed to settle in nicely to being mates to each other. So many "it's about time" were heard after it was finally announced, and Inuyasha had to be subdued when he nearly killed Miroku for one to many jokes, but the same thought ran through both of their minds ==it's about time==
When Kagome had finally settled in the arms of her mate she sighed and drifted of into her own thoughts. Her eyes settling on the shrine, but her mind a million miles away.
Inuyasha's eyes were focused only a few inches below to the eyes of his mate, but his thoughts were only a few meters away the shrine kitchen's cupboard, thinking of the Ramen he'd bring back.
Kagome, though, had the same thing on her mind that she had had since the day they told her mother of there mating. ==I have to tell him== sighing and gaining courage from the arms she was wrapped in, she turned her head up to see the blissful face of her mate.
"Inuyasha? Um, before we go back tomorrow, could I take you to see someone?"
"Huh? Who dear?"
"Oh, someone very special to me. Is that ok?"
"Ok I guess. When do you wanna go?"
"Well, since I know I won't be able to sleep now that I know we're gonna see him, how about now?"
Inuyasha's grip tightened "Him? You want me to meet him? And who is this guy to allow visitors, especially a girl, this late?"
Inuyasha was about to ask a string of more questions, intermittently divided by swear words, until Kagome kissed him. "You'll see. Trust me, watakushi no shujin**"
Inuyasha melted at the words of her calling him, her husband and nodded. "Ok. Let's go." Holding her in a bridal style he jumped in a flowing motion down to the earth. Kagome was let down, and walked around to his back. Gripping tightly she jumped onto his back for a ride to the mysterious man they were to meet.
"Ok" pointing in a dramatic way over his shoulder she cried with an English accent "Onwards and upwards, my good man!"
Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow and turned to look at her while straightening up a bit. "Excuse me? You been drinking sake again, haven't you?"
Kagome giggled and blushed a rosy pink. "No, not today at least, yet."
Inuyasha shook his head and bounded off with her instructions how to get, wherever they were going.
-------------------------------------------------------
A little later when they had finally reached the place that Kagome had directed Inuyasha to, he set down and let Kagome slide off his back.
The place was very free. Like a large park. But no body else was around.
Inuyasha could feel his skin crawl. The place didn't feel safe. And surely didn't feel as happy as the flowers that were abundant made it seem.
Peering with silted eyes to Kagome, she was all smiles. Apparently she didn't notice the odd feeling that the place was giving to Inuyasha.
== Well if a Miko doesn't feel anything. I guess I shouldn't worry. This era always sends my senses into overdrive anyways. Damned smells and sounds. Why can't things smell normal, or be quiet. == Inuyasha's ear pasted to his head while he remembered the loud noise of a construction site they past over to get to the park they were at now.
Kagome trudged forward. Close to some trees, which were about 9 or 10 feet away from the walkway, which ribboned itself through the park.
"Um, Kags? Who exactly are we meeting?"
Kagome smiled at him and shook her head "It's a surprise, just hurry up."
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow and started after her, letting her lead the way.
A few minutes traveling into the woods, the trees seemed to get even denser. The air became hard to breath, and Inuyasha felt a very distinct chill.
Suddenly Kagome stopped and turned around. Her eyes were a very glassy grey color. "We're here. Do you have any idea where we are?"
Inuyasha looked around, and shivered to himself. There was no sign of human life == We're supposed to be meeting someone here?! She has got to be kidding me! == Looking down to the forest floor he noticed there was a tiny garden. It held two orchids, and a rose bush.
Inuyasha's voice seemed to drop to a whisper "Where are we Kagome?"
Kagome walked forward and stood on her toes. "My father's grave. He was killed here. I buried him here."
Inuyasha looked at her strangely and backed up to look at her again. "But, but your mother said, that your father ran away from you. He left a note saying he left all of you for someone he met, he...."
"He was killed, Inuyasha, and we both know it." Kagome walked a little bit closer to him.
"What is going on here?" Inuyasha looked up, while Kagome spun around.
A man in his late 30's was standing near the garden. Kagome smiled and moved away from Inuyasha "Hello father." Kagome embraced the man before him.
Inuyasha's jaw dropped and his eyes widened "Fa-father? What the hell is going on here Kagome? This... he can't be your father."
The man stepped away from Kagome's arms. "Oh, but I am and you know this don't you Inuyasha?"
Inuyasha started to shiver, and looked around again. The place looked strangely familiar. == I've never been here, have I? ==
The man turned away from him, and looked at Kagome, but directed his comments to Inuyasha "Kagome is special. Because of her Miko powers, she can see the dead. Well, only when the spirit is tormented by unfinished business. Don't you remember with the soul piper?"
Inuyasha nodded. Not that the man could see it, but Inuyasha was at a loss for words. "But, then how can I see you?"
The man turned around. Both he and Kagome's eyes were exactly the same. Both we're angry. Both looked as if they wanted blood.
"You can see him, Inuyasha, because all dead spirits can see each other."
"Erm, excuse me, what?" Kagome walked away from her dead "father". "Don't you see what's around you Inuyasha? This isn't just one grave. Look down."
Inuyasha didn't want to. Something inside of him told him to run away from her and the crazy man behind her. Something told him DON'T. LOOK. DOWN, he did
Underneath his feet was a bunch or black roses. They had died along time ago. But they were there for a single purpose, to sooth the souls of the bodies buried beneath his feet.
Beside him was a grave marker, quickly reading it, he noted it was Kagome's fathers grave. No date. Just his name. It was crudely marked on. ==Kagome probably did that herself, took a rock, or a knife and scratched his name into it==
On the other side if him though, looked like there was another grave. Inuyasha's eyes widened at it. "Go to it, Yasha." Kagome's lips were near his ear ==how did she get so close? ==
Inuyasha nodded and walked forward, past her "father".
Kneeling down he saw another bunch of black-dead roses, and a crudely etched grave marker. This one had more then just a name, though.
Inuyasha Takahashi.
Dead, but not forgotten.
Inuyasha froze. Was this so sort of cruel trick? Did he maybe jump into that well one too many times, and instead of only 500 years into the future was now, maybe, 5000 years into the future? Was this his future? If so how did he die? Old age?
Questions were reeling in his head. His mouth had gone dry, very quickly and it seemed colder then usually around him for this time of day.
Standing up he turned to look at his mate. Her father seemed to be missing though.
"What the hell is going on, Kagome?" His voice seemed scared, but he tried his best to be threatening
"Don't you know? You're dead Inuyasha. You died 5 years ago. Right beside my father. You, you killed him. You were a burglar and killed him. I killed you with an arrow when I came home from archery practice." her voice seemed way past angry. Her face twisted into something unreal.
"What the hell are you saying Kago..." his voice was cut off. Her father was behind him with a piece of wire, cutting off his air supply. The wire, he knew had Miko magic on it. there was no way he could get away.
"What the hell am I saying? I'm saying you killed my father. That's why he can't go to heaven. You can't go to hell though, because you never knew who your killer was. I killed you from behind. Your spirit was restless. I found you wandering the shrine one day."
Inuyasha was struggling. Kagome's father had a chance to speak now "She buried me when I died. She never wanted her mother to mourn. And neither of us wanted anybody to view my little Kagome as a killer. So we both agreed on burying my earthly remains out here. A place she loved. She buried you here to. We both saw you come here a few times, wandering, trying to find your body, or your killer."
"I used Miko magic to give you awareness of me. And made you seem real when you were in the shrine, so my family would think you're real. So my family wouldn't think I'm crazy if I was talking to you. Your whole after life on earth was directed by me and my father."
"Not quite hunny." with that, Her father shifted the ends of the wire into one hand and reached into his pocket, pulling out a small revolver. "His whole afterlife on earth was directed by me." with that he shot her. She died instantly with a wound to her heart.
"Her spirit won't stay around. She'll go directly to hell. She knows who killed her, and there is nothing she can do about it."
"Your, your not her father are you?"
"Of course I am. But I want her in hell with me. I don't really feel like being there alone."
Inuyasha's air supply was quickly become low.
But tried to speak "How can you kill a ghost?" he was asking anybody really.
"By getting another ghost to do it." Kagome's father pulled one more time. Inuyasha's spirit fell loosely in his arms. And three spirit orbs floated away. With a quiet whisper in the wind, by an unknown voice.
"Sleep tight, don't let the devil bite."
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
 
**watakushi no shujin = “my husband”
 
read and review. And thanks.
 
~Anime Fan~
=^~.-^=