InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sailing Souls ❯ Chapter One: Lost Childhood ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sailing Souls

By: Jo MacDougal

 

Authors Note: I'm giving this a try ya'll. Hope you like it. I think it's pretty good myself.

 

DISCLAIMER: This is a pirate story and I admit I was inspired by Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) by Sailor X. It's a good story. Go read it! Also I do not own Inuyasha and anything related to him. I'm not making money either cuz if I was I'd be out shopping and not writing. ^_____^

 

Chapter One:

 

Prologue (Sort of):

 

"The Lady Huntress… The most notorious, evil, conniving band of pirates the Caribbean has ever seen. It's said they'll slit a demon's throat without a thought, though they never kill any humans, they'll hurt ya pretty badly. They answer to no one. No one except their malevolent captain… Captain Slayer. But most call him Captain Slay; the reason being that he slays all demons the he meets. Survivors of Port Mary say that every single demon was slaughtered, yet all humans were unscathed. `Cept for the fact that all their most valuable belongings were taken, leaving them nothing but the clothes on their backs. And if you don't go to sleep, Captain Slay and his nasty crew will come in the darkest hour of the night and take you away!"

 

The young woman telling the story of Captain Slay tickled her daughter's stomach, causing the girl to writhe with delight. Then she turned to her mother, doe-eyed and asked," Will the pirates really come for me, Mommy?"

 

"Only if you don't go to sleep," said the woman as she tucked her daughter's frame into her bed. Her daughter immediately closed her eyes, trying her hardest to go to sleep. Her mother smiled then gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. The woman then walked over to the lantern by the door and blew it out, throwing both into complete and total darkness…

 

10 Years Earlier…

 

A girl of 8 years old had just heard a similar story from her own mother. She had been sleeping soundly for a few hours. She had fallen asleep to the rhythmic sounds of the surf nearby. It was the lullaby she had been falling asleep to since she was born.

 

Suddenly out of the silence came the sudden booming of a cannon, a crash then complete pandemonium followed. The girl shot upright in her bed and looked frantically around. All she heard was the screaming of people all around her and spasmodic cannon shots. Why on earth would they be shooting cannons at night like this? She scrambled to the window above her bed and peeked through the semi-clear glass. What she saw would burn into her memory for a very long time.

 

Women were shrieking, men were yelling, children were crying and had tears streaming down their face. A soft red glow illuminated much of outside telling her that some places must've been on fire. She jumped as another cannon was shot from the fort. She followed to fort's aim to a ship in the bay which was shooting back just as much. She noticed row boats heading for the shore. She strained her eyes in the darkness beyond all the fires to see, until finally another cannon blast illuminated the bay. She gasped and covered her mouth.

 

Demons, lots of them. They were all rowing towards the port and making good time. The little girl leaped off her bed and ran to her door. She wrenched it open and started screaming," Mama! Mama!"

 

Her mother whipped around the corner wearing her coat and carrying her daughter's favorite doll and coat. She shoved the little coat on her daughter's little shoulders.

 

"Sweetie, listen to Mama," She turned the youth to face her and held her shoulders firmly, "If we get separated, I want you to go to the old mines you always play in and stay there, okay? Don't come out until I come get you or… or unless the sun comes up, okay?"

 

The little girl nodded and her mother smiled wanly. Her mother took a long look at her daughter; she had a feeling she needed to. She ran her hands through the girl's long, ebony locks and stared into her large, innocent brown eyes. They were so much like her father's, who was probably fighting of the demons as they stood there, they glittered when she laughed and burned when she was angry. But all she could see now was the fear inside them.

 

There was another cannon shot and a crash. That one had sounded closer.

 

"Come on sweetie," her mother said briskly ash she ushered her daughter to the door. She opened it and peeked out. People were running in all directions, trying to find somewhere to hide. She grabbed her daughter's hand and dashed out of the door into the chaos. The two females ran down the street as fast as they could; the little girl clutching the both her doll and her mother's hand. They were halfway down the street when the gunshots started. Her mother was now sprinting, dragging her daughter along. But the girl collapsed and said," Mama, I'm too tired. I don't wanna run anymore."

 

"It's ok sweetie we're almost there, okay?" She picked up the girl and started running again.

 

There were more gunshots and screams as she sped up. She had to make it. She couldn't let anything happen to her daughter… her life. There was a very loud gunshot and her mother stopped suddenly. She put her daughter down and fell to her knees; she tried her hardest to sound fine.

 

"Kagome… go to the mines. Don't come out until the sun comes up, and then find someone… anyone…"

 

"But Mama…"

 

"Go Kagome! Now! Don't let them catch you! Please!"

 

Kagome's brain was numb as she nodded quietly and sprinted down the street. She didn't turn back. She had to follow her mother's orders. It was fortunate that she didn't, for if she had… she would have seen her mother, her friend, her last living relative die from the gunshot that should've been for her.

 

Back To the Present…

 

Sesshomaru Usetasu walked briskly down the hallway towards two large oak doors. His expression was stoic but his mood was otherwise.

 

`How dare he leave! He knows perfectly well that the whole house is on full alert for possible kidnappings,' he thought furiously.

 

He burst through the oak doors his silver hair whipping about ominously.

His study was empty save one young silver haired hanyou. Sesshomaru noticed his younger brother's dog ears stood straight up from his head that was peeking over the back of the chair that sat in front of his office desk, they had obviously been listening to his movements since he had entered the hall. Sesshomaru walked around his brother's chair and sat behind his desk, glowering at his younger sibling. The look gave off the words," You're in deep shit now."

 

Inuyasha gave him a defiant look and said roughly," What?"

 

"Tell me younger brother," he began," If you had been kidnapped and held for ransom what would I do then?"

 

"Tell them to fuck off and take me back by force," he said as it was obvious.

 

"There is a slight problem with that brilliant plan. One: If the kidnappers had been human that'd jeopardize my whole life's work of achieving demon/human peace, Two: If they had been demon it would probably start yet another demon war."

"Well then," Inuyasha smirked," you're pretty much screwed then?"

Sesshomaru gave his sibling a hard glare and then said," Well, I'm afraid you must be punished for your stupidity. It might be the only way to get rid of some of it."

"WHY YOU--!"

"Let me finish," Sesshomaru continued putting up a slender digit to shut his brother up," You are going to be put under house arrest."

"You can't do this! I won't allow it!"

Sesshomaru was already shuffling his papers as he answered airily," I am your guardian. As I see it, you have absolutely no say in the matter. Now these nice men will escort you back to your room little brother."

Two men in soldier uniforms appeared on each side of Inuyasha and grabbed each of his forearms. They grabbed them rather tightly, they must've been demons.

"Ouch! Let go of me you Neanderthal! Sesshomaru! God damn you, you bastard!"

His shouts could be heard as he was dragged down the hall and towards his room on the other side of the manor.