InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Sakura Blossoms
 
 
Sakura blossoms fell to the ground, taken from theirs trees by a gentle gust of wind. InuYasha watched each petal fall, some landing at his feet. He bent down and picked up a petal, rubbing it with his thumb and index finger, mindful that his claws did not shred the delicate petal.
 
`Soft' he thought `Just like him. Even though he put up a tough front, he was as soft as this sakura petal.' He smiled sadly, and remembered the days he used to hold him, pet his hair, smell his sweet scent. He missed his smile and his laughter, but most of all, he missed his bright blue eyes, that held all the joy in the world every time they saw him. It made him feel special, that his eyes were only for him. He meant everything to him. He loved him, and vice versa. Always have, always would.
 
At first, they hated each other, fighting over the same woman. Eventually they fought less and the realization that loving a human would only bring pain began to dawn on them. Slowly but surely, they had formed a bond, and when the girl finally went back to her time for good, they became lovers.
 
But he was gone now, he went involuntarily, but they both knew it was for the best. He had to preserve and protect what was left of his pack, needed a female partner to produce pups. Something InuYasha could never do for the demon he loved. Perhaps it was better this way, one less heartbreak to live through. But he promised, he had promised to one day return to InuYasha, though Kami only knew when that day would come.
 
“Kouga” he whispered, still holding the small petal “I know one day we'll be together again, I'll still love you then, I always will.”
 
With that, he let the petal go, taken away by the wind to join the others. He watched it float away to join the hundreds of others swirling about, like pink snow.
 
InuYasha turned to walk away, but not before pausing to close his eyes and breathe in the scent of the blossoms mixed with the crisp scent of the approaching fall season. It was, to say the least, quite comforting to breathe in that scent. It was familiar. With that, he continued walking with one thought;
 
“He always smelled like sakura blossoms in the fall”
 
And to be honest, it was his favorite scent.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~OWARI