InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura ❯ Sakura ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Summary: Inuyasha chose Kikyou and left Kagome to pick up the pieces of her broken love. Now, under a Sakura tree, Kagome must come to terms with her lost love and one taiyoukai is perhaps the best person to help her do that.
 
Sakura
 
Late afternoon sunlight falls serenely on rooftops of little huts and on the gently swaying trees. In the village streets, children are playing and calling out to one another. Men get ready to return home after a hard day on the farm. Wives light the cooking fires and start to prepare dinner as they wait for their husbands. Mothers call out to their children to come inside, playtime's over. Birds are twittering as they prepare to rest for the night. The wind blows softly through the trees and everything is peaceful. At the outskirts of the village, in front of a sakura tree, a miko and youkai watch the sun set.
 
She is looks at the sky through the sakura blossoms, a small smile on her lips. He looks at her for a while, then asks,
 
“Do you miss him?”
 
She does not turn to look at him. Silent tears start to cascade down her cheeks. She is still smiling.
 
“No.”
 
He turns back to looks at the cherry blossom, some falling down, some flying away.
 
“I see.” Silence.
 
Then-
 
“Sesshoumaru?” she begins, still staring at the red and orange sky. He glances at her to let her know he is listening,
 
“Have you ever been in love?”
 
He laughs his short, bark like laugh. “Why, miko?”
 
“I was just wondering if wounds of a broken heart ever heal.”
 
Sesshoumaru looks away from the darkening sky and turns to her and answers seriously. “It is not a wound.”
 
She turns to face him. “They say lost love leaves a permanent scar.”
 
“Those who have truly been in love know that love never wounds.”
 
“So if love is true then it doesn't hurt?
 
He looks away into the distance to gaze at the setting sun. “It hurts more than anything else.”
 
She holds out her palm and a cherry blossom falls into it, soft as a kiss. The light, cool wind washes over her and she is drowning in memories, of fiery red haori and an even more fiery spirit, other silver hair and molten gold eyes and a warm friendship and a forever love. Her throat is suddenly tight as she stares at the cherry blossom in her hand. They remain silent and watch the evening slowly turning into night. Sesshoumaru breaks the silence.
 
“You cannot forget him.”
 
“I don't want to.”
 
“Good.”
 
Then she says-
 
“I don't want to be alone.”
 
He glances at her and sees the scars. “It is already done.”
 
She bows her head and feels the weight of Conclusion. “I can't go back.”
 
“No you cannot.”
 
“Will he remember me?”
 
“He will never forget you.”
 
The tears fall afresh. “That is not the same thing.”
 
He answers gently. “No it is not.”
 
“I have to move forward.”
 
“Yes.”
 
They are silent and their clothes and hair sway gently in the wind. In the darkening twilight amid cherry blossoms blowing in the wind, Sesshoumaru watches Kagome take leave of her past. She opens her palm and the cherry blossom is blown away with the wind.
 
“Sesshoumaru?”
 
He turns towards her. “Yes?”
 
When she looks at him, her eyes are clear and they seem to stare into his soul.
 
“Have you ever had your heart broken?”
 
He stares back into hers.
 
“Miko, I have never been in love.”
 
She smiles. “I see.”
 
 
Sakura- Cherry blossom
 
Youkai - Demon
 
Taiyoukai- something like Great Demon
 
Miko- Priestess
 
Haori - The top part of Inuyasha's kimono
 
 
Don't forget to review, guys!!! ^_^