InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Samething Except Different ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I dont own nothing but the plot...
 
(a/n) I must say.. when i checked my email this morning i went wtf?! All those lovely reviews scared me so much.... I mean i was like shocked... this story is something i wrote during math class...when i wasn't doing my work and whoa... thanks you guys it means alot to me that you review.. *gives you a round of applause* heh.. i'm just stupid ignore me...
 
sesshoukagome4ever: I'm glad you like it... and I am updating soon... like 24 hours... well thanks for the review.
 
confused mentor: I glad you finally caught on.. i'm sure i'll try to make it clearer for now on.. thanks for reviewing.
 
Aqua Miko: Don't cry! See I'm updating so you wont cry.... lol thanks for reviewing
 
love for this heaven: You loved it? Wow... thats great...I'm like in shock.. well thank you for reviewing.
 
me: Breanna yes you are very stalkerish...( is that a word? i use it a lot i know) but thanks for taking time out of your ' busy schedule' to read and review twice! THANKS JAY!
 
Shadow 27: Thanks for reading.. I really apreC8 it! And thanks for the REVIEW... i'm like so happy
 
Sweet-single: trust me your not the only one... well i'll try to make it clearer.. promise..thanks for reviewing
 
midnight972: thanks for reviewing! i'm happy you think its cool.. and i'm still going so you dont have to.... yeah lol
 
(mm.org)
 
Dark Soul: THANKS FOR REVIEWING! Glad you like it!
 
Well.. on with the story....
 
 
Chapter Three: Leaving
 
 
Landing at the bottom of the well, Kagome looked up at the light blue sky and let out a deep sigh. She felt the magical aura slowly disappear. She let her head hang low for a moment then reached for the green vines and started to climb out of the well. Reaching the lip of the well she swung her legs over and gained her footing on the green grass. She turned around and looked at the well. Knowing that she couldn't go back even if she wanted to. Her future self had sealed it on the other side. She started walking away slowly. When she reached the beginnings of the forest she turned around and said her last goodbye to her home before she set out for the first day of the rest of her life. She let her smile tug at her lips before entering the forest.
 
She set out in a light jog. She turned in the direction of the Gods Tree. But as she got closer weird noises were making themselves present. Kagome, being who she is, went to investigate. She instantly regretted that she did. Inu Yasha and Kikyou having sex, right at the base of the tree. She screwed up her nose in disgust. Kikyou must've felt her because she looked up and smirked evily at her. Kagome smiled at her and did a little wave. She almost laughed out loud when she saw Kikyou's face drop. Turning away she set trot towards the village.
 
When she got atlease 10 feet away she leaned against a tree and started laughing her head off. She clutched her sides and fell to the ground. She heard a twig snap and looked up.
 
"Kagome, why are you back so soon? I thought you weren't coming back til tomorrow?" Kagome looked up in to Shippou's face and smiled brightly. She stood up and brushed herself off.
 
"Well... I decided to spend my birthday with you guys. Plus I think I have some chocolate in my bag for you." Kagome said to Shippou as she picked him up and started towards the village.
 
"Shippou why aren't you in Kaede's hut with the others?" She asked after a few minutes.
 
"Well.. see what had happened was..." Shippou began but was silence by Kagome's hand going up.
 
"Don't even finish because everything after that is a lie." Kagome said looking at him sternly. But she couldn't hold the look for long. She let out a giggle and messed up his hair.
 
"It's okay... You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Everybody needs to have a bit of mystery every now and then." Kagome said as she walked into the village heading for Kaede's hut. Making it to the hut she sat Shippou down and walked in. Being greeted by friendly expressions.
 
"Lady Kagome, I thought you were going to your time for the rest of the day.." Miroku said walking up to give her a hug. That eventually earned him a slap across the face.
 
"Kagome you could've got attacked out there. We were going to meet up with you at the well. If we would've have known you were coming back early we would've walked you back to the village." Sango said while petting Kirara on the head. Kagome let a scowl cross her face.
 
"I can defend myself just fine Sango. But thanks for caring." Kagome said taking a seat next to a silent Kaede. 'Thats all I'll ever be... Stupid, weak, defenseless Kagome.'
 
"Don't be silly Kagome... We like protecting you." Sango said with a smile on her face. Suddenly Kagome stood up. She had made up her mind. She was leaving the group. She needed to be on her own for awhile. She looked around at all the startled expressions.
 
"You guys... I think I'm going to go on my own for a while." Kagome stated crossing her arms in front of her persons.
 
"What are ye saying child?" Kaede inquired. Speaking for the first time since Kagome walked into the little hut she called home.
 
"Yes Lady Kagome, its not safe for a woman suchs as yourself to go off alone." Miroku said in what Kagome dubbed his 'smart' tone.
 
"Yeah Kagome.... Listen to Miroku... hes right." Sango butting in standing up like it make her point clearer. Kagome rolled her eyes at both of them. She heard a sniff and looked down to see tears running down his face. She stooped down and picked him up.
 
"You're leaving me Kagome? Please don't leave me." Shippou wailed.
 
"Oh.. Shippou I'll come back for you." Kagome said sweetly, kissing him on the forehead.
 
"Promise Kagome?" He asked snuggling up close to her.
 
"Promise. Now you be good." She said putting him down. She smiled at him and patted him on the head once more. She hit herself on the head and quickly went in to her bag producing a candy bar. She handed it to Shippou who yelled thank you. She turned to leave but was stopped.
 
"But Kagome... you can't defend yourself properl-" Started Sango... But she was cut off by and angry looking Kagome.
 
"Once again, I can defend myself just fine thank you very much. You don't have to worry about me!" Kagome half shouted at them.
 
"Is it my elder sister Kikyou that makes ye want to leave on such short notice?" Kaede asked with sadness showing in her eyes.
 
"No Kaede, I'm going to tell you guys something very important. Don't tell Inu Yasha." Kagome said taking a deep breath.
 
"I'm not Kikyou's reincarnation... I'm an in youkai..." She began to tell them everything she had found out earlier that day. Leaving out that Sesshomaru trained her. When she was done shocked expressions filled the little hut. She smiled and turned to walked to the doorway. Turning around with a serious look on her face, she addressed them.
 
"We will cross paths again..." Before anyone could blink she was gone.
 
---------------------------
 
Kagome was at the edge of the village. She had a huge smile on her face.
 
"Wench! What are you so happy about?" Came the gruff voice that belonged to Inu Yasha.
 
"None of your damn business Inu Yasha." She spat out his name just as he did hers earlier.
 
"Reincarnation learn your place." Said Kikyou coldly as she clamped herself on Inu Yasha's arm. Kagome put on a fake shocked expression.
 
"Reincarnation?! What reincarnation?" She asked with light sarcasm.
 
"Damnit bitch! Your Kikyou's reincarnation." Inu Yasha said butting in.
 
"A bitch I am... But reincarnation I'm not." Kagome retorted silently kicking herself. 'Man I'm beginning to sound like a fucking fortune cookie... Thanks a lot gramps!' She thought smirking at Kikyou's face.
 
"You are my reincarnation!" Kikyou shouted angerily, sounding more like she was trying to convince herself then anyone else.
 
"I would be... if I was." Kagome said holding back an extreme case of the giggles.
 
"Like I would want to be the reincarnation of a clay pot anyway... Puh-leeze.." Kagome waved her hand seemingly dismissing the subject.
 
"Don't you talk to Kikyou like that!" Inu Yasha yelled swinging his hand out in atempt to slap her. But Kagome saw it coming and caught it in mid air. Her eyes turned a murderous red and she squeezed his hand. Bone could be heard breaking along with Inu Yasha's cries of pain.
 
"Don't ypu dare try to strike me again you filthy half-breed." She said slowly as she looked down at the hand in her grasp. A pink glow surrounded his hand, healing it. Kagome dropped it soon after as if it burned her. She turned and walked away.
 
"Take that as a warning.." Kagome whispered as she disappeared from the area. Only one place on her mind, the western lands.
 
 
---------
 
(a/n) there it is! wow! well i started typing at like 2 something... but like i got side tracked... and yeah... review please!