InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Say the Magical Words ❯ Childish Antics ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Childish Antics


I've got to think of a way to get out of here! Sesshomaru thought. It had been four hours already, and still no one had even come and got them for lunch. The window, perhaps? No, I'd end up killing myself if I jumped. Bust through the door? Tryed, and failed. So what? He sat on his bed and thought about this for a while, until he heard a key in his door turning and the door opened. There stood Inutaisho.

"I believe that you and your brother have learned your lesson. You can come out now." The boy didn't even stop to wonder why his brother was grounded for a shorter sentence than him when he had misbehaved worse, or why his punishment time was so short. Sesshomaru all but ran through the door and down the stairs, once again tripping on his tail and falling the whole way down. I've really got to do something about that, his mind muttered. At the base of the staircase, he crashed into Rin head on.

"Watch it, you stupid idiot, " she sneered at Sesshomaru. "Rin, since when did you get so brave as to talk to me like that?" Sesshomaru said in a deadly whisper. His warning went unheeded. "Since you decided to get turned back into a kid, stupid." With that, she pushed him down, then laughed openly at him. "Ha! Look who's the weak one now!" She laughed at him some more, then pulled something from her pocket. "Want some candy?"

Sesshomaru knew better than to say yes, but he said it anyways. "Well, you can't have it! It's mine, all mine! No stupid baby's gonna get any of it either!" With that, she slowly unwrapped the candy, making the younger boy pine for it even more. She took her time bringing it to her mouth, looking for a moment like she had changed her mind and was going to give it to him. His eyes opened hopefully, only to squint in agitation and dissapointment when the piece of candy disappeared into her mouth. With that, she sauntered off with a self-satisfied smile on her face.

Holding back the childish tears that had begun to pool in his eyes, Sesshomaru went into the living room to see a sight to behold. Shippou and Inuyasha were on the floor with a board game between them. Since when did Inuyasha ever like that fox? Last time I checked, never. He walked over to them, noticing that they were playing Chutes and Ladders. Due to the sour expression on his brother's face, it was obvious to tell that he was loosing.

"Shippou, why don't you play with Sesshomaru? I'm tired of this game." "Bet you wouldn't be tired of it if you were winning, " the kitsune sneered. Inuyasha tackled him, and a flurry of white hair and brown fur went rolling across the room. It came to a halt on the opposite wall, Shippou sitting on a dazed Inuyasha who now sported a black eye.

"Ha, Inuyasha! Now that you're little again, I can beat up on you! How does it feel?" The fox hit him on the head, then hopped off and went to go sit back in front of the game, looking at Sesshomaru with a look on his face that said "bet you don't want none of this." But the former taiyoukai never backed down from challenges, so he sat down too, ready to beat this new foe.

Three hours later found him sweating hard, and blowing on the dice for luck, praying for a seven to get him to the ladder that would win him the game. He was behind Shippou by three spots and all the kitsune needed to win was a one. All Sesshomaru had to do was pass him up; should he roll less than the magical number he needed, he'd loose the game for the eighth time in a row.

He loosened his death grip on the dice, and watched with wide eyes as one di landed on a three, the other on a four. Sesshomaru stood up to cheer, but screamed in horror as they flipped over and instead became a two and a one. The room fell silent for a moment, then Shippou joyfully moved his piece to the end of the board. He danced around the game, singing some stupid song he'd made up about him being the best in the world, and how Sesshomaru sucked more at playing games than Inuyasha. Jealousy soon turned to rage, and the other started transforming.

Shippou stood back and watched with a facinated look on his face as the former lord turned into what was supposed to be a dog. Instead, he found himself still looking up at Shippou due to his lack of height, as a puppy. "Aw, so cute!" Sesshomaru turned his head to see Kagome and Sango in the doorway, looking at him with adoring eyes.

No, stay away from me! This Sesshomaru is not cute! I'm supposed to be a ferocious demon, striking fear in the hearts of millions! Noooo! His mind screamed, as Kagome picked him up and rubbed her face in his fur. "You are just too adorable!" she cooed. Sango held him next, holding him on his back in her arms and rubbing his stomach.

Kami, no! Not...a...tummy rub! Curse these dog emotions! He couldn't hold back any longer, and soon his tail was wagging and a foot thumping quickly at the feel of someone stroking his stomach. You know, this isn't so bad! How come nobody ever rubbed my stomach before? He jumped from her arms and stretched out on the floor, legs up, waiting for Sango to continue to rub him. Her touch never came.

"Ew, look Kagome!" he heard her whispering to the other girl. The miko held a disgusted look on her face, and was staring at something a little below his chest. Sesshomaru looked down and saw that now that he wore no clothing,... well, let's just say some things were showing that shouldn't have been. He quickly rolled back over and transformed back into his normal demon form. So much for that. He was about to let the whole killing Shippou ordeal go, when he saw the fox standing in front of the game board.

In his hand was the blue fire from his fox fire magic trick, but instead, he threw the blue flames down on the board. As it grew closer, it disappeared. Seshomaru thought that was all he was going to do, but then noticed that the dice shook, then flipped, turning into his winning two and one. That bastard! In a flash, he was all over Shippou like white on rice, ripping into him and screaming "The game was fixed, the game was fixed!" But the fox was now older and bigger than even him, easily pushing him away with one hand and examining the other as if that was the most important thing in the world at that moment.

A loud clearing of a throat stopped the dog, and slowly he turned to look at who made the noise. Miroku. "Wow, this is more interesting to watch than flicks on pay-per view! I can just see the title of the movie now: "The World's Most Outrageous Animal Fights!" With that, he threw a rubber steak into the room, and sat down on a couch to watch what would happen next.

Sesshomaru, gaining back most of his dignity, walked right passed the steak, finding himself beyond such foolishness. Shippou on the other hand, picked it up and started chewing lightly on it, using the rubber to sharpen his teeth. Something about the fox having the toy pissed him off and next thing he knew, he was once again in a brawl with the kitsune.

"Hey idiot, give it up! You can't win anymore!" And he was right. Only two minutes after the fight began, he was tired. He got off the floor, brushing his shoulders off as if he just realized there was a bit of dirt on them. He no longer wore sleeves, those getting torn in the fray. "Good fight, my young fellow, good fight." He shook hands with Shippou as if business men, then parted ways, Sesshomaru to his room to change, and the other outside to play with Rin.

Miroku stared incredulously at their fading figures. "Man, that was boring! Where's Sango gone off to...?" he mused to himself, getting off the couch to find the demon slayer. At least she would provide some fun for him, even if it always ended in a slap. Some people never change.