InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Say the Magical Words ❯ Best Friends and no Friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Best Friends and No Friends

Inuyasha sat in a corner of one of the many expansive gardens of the palace. Concealed behind a large azalea bush, he chatted busily with his new found friend.

"You know, Ace, you're the only one I can trust. Everyone else is always making fun of me for being half demon, or half human. I'm happy that you accept me the way I am." His friend didn't respond back, simply staring at him with an impassive face, much like Inuyasha's brother. Inuyasha took this as a thoughtful look. "It's okay, I know you're too modest to say anything. So just think about what I said, alright?"

He started another conversation with Ace. "I wonder why Daddy changed me and The Idiot That Shall Not Be Named back into kids. I never got around to asking him. Maybe I can get Kaede to change only me back. Then he'll still be a pup while I'm older than him. As if he didn't already get punked by Rin and Shippou, I'll be the older brother, pushing him around, too. I can call him shrimp, and shorty, and act like he's so small, that I can't even see or hear him! Yeah, that'll be perfect..."

Meanwhile, Ace still hadn't said anything. He stared at a point somewhere over Inuyasha's shoulder, not looking at anythng in particular, still wearing that impassive look. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew, knocking him over; he didn't bother to pick himself up.

"Ace, are you tired?" Inuyasha asked him. "Come on, I'll see if I can get you a room to take a nap in." He grabbed his friend and started toward the palace, only to meet head on with Sesshomaru. "Who the hell are you talking too?" Then his eyes fell on Ace. "Inuyasha, please tell me that Faygo can is not your friend." "His name is Ace," Inuyasha said, defending his "friend". "And he's a half demon too."

Sesshomaru decided to play along with this. "Fine. Tell your mutt friend dinner is ready." He didn't miss the scowl that was thrown at him. How low can you go? Befriending soda cans? And I thought I was bad for having my first kiss with Rin's barbie doll... He headed back to the palace, Inuyasha and Ace following.

"Dad, we have a "guest" for dinner," Sesshomaru told his father, emphasizing on the "guest" to show that it was someone of no importance. The boy pointed to Inuyasha, who was still holding the can. "Where is he?" Inutaisho asked, not even bothering to ask why his son was craddling a Faygo can like a child. "Here he is," Inuyasha spoke up. He held out the soda. "Oh, thank you!" Inutaisho exclaimed, grabbing it and popping it open. It was gone within a few gulps.

His father gave a satisfyed burp, then handed the empty can back to Inuyasha. "Boy, that hit the spot! Nice and quenching! The perfect drink after a long day at the office. So juicy too! See, that's why I always buy Faygo's. They don't dry my mouth out like those other sodas. Dogs may be man's best friend, but Faygo's are mine! Now, where's this guest that we're supposed to be having?"

Inuyasha hung his head. "He left," he replied quietly, heading over to his spot at the table. Sesshomaru went to the pantry and came back with another soda in his hand, sitting at the table (both of them having to get running leaps) beside his brother. "Here, Inuyasha. I feel kind of bad that Dad drank you're only friend. You know, in my first time as a child, I never had any friends either." He held the strawberry Faygo out to his brother, who didn't reach for it. "Oh, come on! Take it, before I drink it." He really seemed sincere, so he reached for the soda, craddling it too, like he had done the late Ace.

Sesshomaru grinned evily. This idiot here! He grabbed one end of the soda, and soon, a tug-of-war match was going on between them. After a moment, Inuyasha had almost pulled the can out of his brother's hands, but before it left the older one's grasp, he pulled the top, opening it and spraying his younger sibling in the face. "Opps! There goes...Ted!" Sesshomaru fell into a fit of laughter. The food arrived then, and as a way to ignore his brother Inuyasha dug into a huge platter filled with pork cutlets.

Inutaisho, though, reached for the same piece of meat that he was reaching for. Both of their forks were poked firmly on the slab. They stared each other down intently as if about to have a shoot out, the atmosphere growing thick with the tension. A very large dust ball rolled across the kitchen floor. Then, simotaneously, they let go of their eating utensils to do "Rock, Paper, Scissors". "Best of three," Inutaisho said; Inuyasha nodded asent.

On the first try, the Lord was beaten by scissors to his paper. On the second try, he won, having shown rock to scissors. The third round haroled in him having a rock and his son having paper. Inuyasha grinned triumphantly and was about to grab his prize, when his father stopped him. "Wait a moment. How is it that a piece of paper can beat a rock?" the hanyou shrugged, not caring why, only wanting to eat his meat (that dosen't sound right, but lets try to keep our minds out the gutters...)

Inutaisho wasn't satsisfyed with the lack of an answer, and picked up the piece of food that Inuyasha had fought so hard for. "I don't belive that you won. Sesshomaru, what do you think?" "I think that it should be yours, Pops. You are a lord, and a lord deserves nothing but the best." Sesshomaru answered, with a sticky-sweet voice and smiling with all of his teeth. Inutaisho beamed back at him. "That's my boy!" He downed the pork cutlet in one bite, smacking his lips loudly. "Ah, this is just turning out to be my day! A perfect soda, a surpreme pork cutlet, what else?" Inuyasha's ears fell.

"What's the matter with you?" Inutaisho asked. "Oh, you just devoured Andy!" Sesshomaru busted out. Inuyasha had had enough. He slid under the table from his spot and headed up to his room. "Wait, don't forget Frank!" his brother called, throwing a green bean his way. It hit him in the head, sticking in his hair; he never noticed it.

After this bout of laughter had worn off, Sesshomaru gave a deep sigh. I'm so lonely. He looked thoughtfully at a pear in a fruit bowl on the table. Grabbing it, he said, "Me and you, Stan, will be best of friends..."