InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scrapbook Memories ❯ Mornings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
KK: I think we have a problem
 
Evil kk: What is it this time? It ain't like last time when you popped-
 
KK: I assure you, it isn't anything like that.
 
Evil kk: (Sigh) Then what is it?
 
KK: I don't know what to say here.
 
Evil kk: (Blank stare) But it says it on the script right here!
 
KK: But I don't understand it.
 
Evil kk: It ain't in Russian or anything so how do you not understand it?
 
KK: Listen to this though “I don't own Inuyasha.” I don't understand it.
 
Evil kk: Don't talk. Just write. PLEASE.
 
KK: But I-
 
Evil kk: JUST WRITE
 
KK: Yes master.
 
 
A/N: Thank you so much Youkai-at-Heart and hatori's-flower!!! I am writing this because you guys were wonderful and reviewed. This one's for you two!! O and if it confused anyone cause I was having some trouble with this myself, this is taking place after Kagome's graduation which is not at the same time as it would in the US. In Japan, the school year ends in I think April or May. So um, I think that I am making April or May a little sunnier than usual and chilly at night. Hmm, or I'll make it rain at some point. So ya, I'm just setting to season.
 
Chapter Two: Mornings
 
Kagome couldn't remember ever being so tired on her first day of summer in a long time. She felt like the whole world had suddenly poured into her mind and refused to leave. With a sigh, Kagome struggled to sit up in bed to see the time. She almost laughed despite her grogginess when she discovered that it was four thirty in the morning and the sun was just rising. The rising sun cast fiery rays through the open window which made Kagome smile lazily as she slid out of her covers. It had always been like this since the beginning of high school after the weird year that to her was so broken and hazy. She always woke, no matter how tired she was, with the rising flames. With a stifled yawn, Kagome made her way to the door and into the hallway towards the bathroom. After splashing cold water onto her tired eyes, she felt a little more ready for the day. Smiling at her reflection in the mirror, Kagome turned towards the shower.
 
After taking her very refreshing shower, Kagome pulled on a pair of blue running shorts and a white Nike short sleeved shirt and a pair of white socks before heading down to the kitchen. She stepped over her old lazy cat that was sleeping peacefully by his food bowl. Kagome smiled and patted his head and whispered a `good morning, sleepyhead' as she opened the fridge to peer at the contents inside. There was a choice of natto (really gross fermented beans, ugh and they smell horrible too, no offense meant to those who like them), she made a face being that it was really her mother and her little brother who liked them, and eggs that she could choose to eat but decided against both. Instead, she grabbed the milk carton and pulled out a glass from a cupboard right of the fridge. She then looked in the bread box as her family called it and pulled out a slice of her favorite `big bread' (In Japan, they have this extremely thick bread that I don't know if it has a name or not so that's what I'm calling it) and threw it in the toaster. At the sound of the timer going off, Kagome quickly grabbed the piece of toast and spread a thin layer of butter on it.
 
After finishing her breakfast, Kagome placed her glass in the sink and rinsed it. She walked to the front door and tied her sneakers and pulled her jacket on.
 
With a quiet `itekimasu,' Kagome closed the door behind her and jogged across the shrine grounds to the stone steps that led her away from the Higurashi Shrine and into the bustling city of Tokyo. Making a right, Kagome jogged exactly seven blocks before making a left and jogging another seven blocks. Noticing her landmark, the local CD store, marking her seventh block, Kagome made yet another left turn and stopped at the cross-walk to catch her breath. Plucking her miniature water bottle from her pouch that she always buckled around her waist when running, Kagome took a much needed few sips of water and stuck it right back into place next to the mini first aid kit and her extra driving license. She was not paranoid she had confirmed not long after she asked the company for an extra one for her to carry in her running pouch in case something happened to her and was asked for her id. The original one was in her wallet.
 
`Last night was…very weird,' Kagome sighed as her mind wandered back to the night before. She mentally smacked her self when she reviewed her little argument with the owner of the restaurant/bar, the bubbly waitress, Rin, and of course, how could she forget? The suave man with the icy eyes, Fluffy-sama. And that violent girl. Not to mention that last night was the conclusion to her high school career. Wow.
 
At the walk sign, Kagome started to jog to cross the street when a red car, more like a blur, zoomed through the red light making Kagome jumped back with a gasp and falling on her butt. She stared at where she had been only moments ago and then jumped to her feet and yelled furiously at the speeding car, “Stupid bastard! You could kill someone with that driving!”
 
With a huff, Kagome continued her making of a perfect seven blocks by seven blocks square that she made every day. She made her way up the steps and kept jogging till she reached the top. Wiping her brow and taking a sip of her water, Kagome tried to catch her breath while stretching and walking.
 
Kagome walked around the shrine grounds, stopping briefly at the God Tree to say good morning to it with a bright smile. Kagome always felt her world become brighter when she looked at that tree. If Kagome was certain for one thing it was that this tree had not only experienced her life, but so many lives before hers. It was the one constant thing in her life and she bet that there were many people before her who thought the same thing about this very special tree.
 
Continuing on her little adventure around the shrine grounds, Kagome next stopped at the gate that lead to the forest that had been Kagome's sanctuary for as long as she could remember. Sure the forest was scary at night, but when she was brave enough, Kagome could watch the skies in the peace that she could find no where else in the hustle and bustle of Tokyo. She almost opened the gate when she suddenly saw red and silver flash among the trees.
 
A pain that she hadn't felt in a long time erupted in her chest and clutched at the shirt covering her chest. Kagome knelt and let her head fall onto her bent knees and rocked herself to ease the pain. Her breaths became shorter and harsher as she continued to chant something that she herself couldn't hear. Her mind was swirling and blanking at random points that made Kagome want to make it all stop. She felt the white hot pain start to spread throughout her body as she tried desperately to keep herself from screaming and going into hysterics. Sweat rolled down her temples and trickled down her hunched spine as she continued to rock herself.
 
Her mouth opened as if to scream but no noise came out. Her throat was shut closed and her eyes snapped open in fear as she tried to breath. Her lungs constricted and her heart pounded in her chest as the pain spread to her finger tips. The burning pain consumed her whole body and she tried desperately to maintain consciousness.
 
A sudden image of a red clad figure with its back to her appeared. She called out to it, seeking comfort but the figure was walking away. She tried to reach out for the figure but something stopped her. A slim figure clothed in a white kimono rested its head on the red clad figures shoulder and together they walked away, ignoring the girl on the ground. She gasped as the pain intensified and the two figures became fuzzy. One after the other, crystal drops fell down Kagome's cheeks as she dropped her head back into her knees. She heard voice whispered in her ear, “I'm sorry, Kagome.”
 
Kagome's eyes snapped back open and her head was instantly looking around, trying to find the source of the soft uttered voice. More tears sprung into her eyes as she suddenly felt out of place and disorientated. She felt lost. In her own home, she felt like she didn't belong there. With the sudden realization, Kagome shook her head making some of her tears scatter in the soft yet chilly breeze.
 
The breeze swirled around her as she stayed knelt in front of the gate to the forest. At the touch of the breeze, she felt her whole body cool down and she let go of her shirt which now seemed wrinkled beyond repair. The breeze enveloped her body in an attempt of nature to try and cool the burning pain in her body. As quickly and suddenly as it had come, it disappeared and Kagome felt her mind buzz slightly in confusion. She rose from her spot and used the gate for support. She took deep and shaky breaths to calm her still racing heart.
 
`Whatever that was, it's gone.' Kagome nodded at her conclusion and found herself calming down considerably.
 
`It's the first day of summer and I get hit by some sort of anxiety attack, yay….,”
 
Kagome smiled at the brilliant idea that popped into her head and jogged passed the tree, passed the old well house to the back door. Opening it as quietly as she possibly could without waking everyone else, Kagome tip toed up the stair to grab a bag in her closet and a pair of pants and a sweater.
 
Quickly leaving the house, she flew down the steps, taking them two at a time and ran down the street. It was quite dangerous to be on the streets alone this early in the morning after all. The coolness of early summer nipped at her skin as the sun splashed its bright colors on the sleeping city, exploding on the building windows and casting dramatic shadows behind them.
 
With a smile, Kagome sprinted across the street, turned to the right and dashed two more blocks before halting at the corner. Catching her breath, Kagome walked around the last corner and came to a stop to look at the small sign to the rather large building that seemed more like a warehouse that read `Mr. Kimura's Skating Rink.' Clutching her bag to her chest, Kagome pushed through the doors to be greeted by an icy breeze. The lights were on and the ice looked lonely with no one on it. Kagome felt her mind and body calm at the sight of the clean and glistening ice. No one was going to be there except for Mr. Kimura till at least 5:30 when some local boys and girls would come to train.
 
Kagome checked her watch to find that she still had a good half hour till anyone else came. She quickly pulled her pants and sweater on and unzipped her bag. With care, she pulled out the first skate and admired it for a few seconds before sliding her right foot in it carefully. Tying it hastily Kagome slid her left foot into the next boot and began tying. A door slammed and Kagome shot up from the bench in complete surprise with her mind on high alert. Not having finished tying her left boot properly, she lost her balance and flopped back onto the bench with a very unwomanly squeak. A low and rather raspy chuckle made Kagome look to where it was coming from and she gasped in surprise and joy as she found that it was none other than Mr. Kimura himself!
 
“Kagome-chan, I didn't expect you to be here this early on the first day of summer! Why aren't you in bed?” His eyes sparkled with mirth as he continued his small shuffle towards her.
 
She smiled back at him and answered, “I'm always up at this time. You know that! I just came here to clear my mind.”
 
“A, yes, I remember when I was your age, many many years ago, I was always on the ice to cleanse my body of all thoughts. It is very refreshing and gives us all a new start to the day.”
 
“You read my mind, Mr. Kimura,” Kagome finished tying her left boot and stood with a bright smile on her face.
 
“I will leave you to skate then. I have some sleeping to catch up on. I was simply checking who would be here at this un-godly hour,” with another low chuckle, he set off towards the doors to the stairs leading to his office. Kagome watched just to make sure he didn't fall or anything. When she saw him in his office that looked over the rink through his large windows, Kagome waved and walked towards the ice.
 
At first, Kagome almost lost her balance and grabbed the wall to make sure she didn't fall right on her butt. After getting a little used to it Kagome pushed off from the wall and squealed happily when she found herself still upright. Using her legs, she skated around the rink a few times getting used to the feeling.
 
`I'm flying,' Kagome let her arms raise and she turned in circles, relishing the exhilarating feeling of flying. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she was whooshing past the forest trees; her hands tangling in soft red clothe and silver strands and her gay laughter floating away in the wind.
 
Mr. Kimura watched the oblivious woman with a smile. He turned back to the figure sitting across from him.
 
“She's back and seems very happy. That's good. She had some of us worried,” A young male voice said as he stood to watch her, careful in case the said girl looked at the windows.
 
“Indeed,” Mr. Kimura's smile never wavered as he took a sip of his tea.
 
The red headed man sat back down but never let his eyes off of the woman he had come to call his mother, a small smile tugged at his mouth as he remembered her smiling just like that, just for him and his father so many years ago.
 
0000000000
 
What seemed like a perpetual beeping sounded throughout the apartment. It started to accelerate the time space in between each beep and sounded as if it were about to explode. That is, till it was abruptly stopped along with a snarl. With a few curses, a very grumpy Inuyasha forced his tired eyes open as he looked at the time. The fact that it said in mis-shaped numbers that is was 5:30 in the morning didn't help his rising temper.
 
`Shit,' He hadn't slept very well that night. He dreamt of her again. She was always there no matter what. But that's not what bothered him even though it did annoy him somewhat. What bothered him so much was that he didn't know her name, he didn't recognize her and he never knew why she cried or why she said SIT (inwardly, he grimaced). And why he hurt when she said it for that matter. But he did know one thing, she was beautiful and he hated it when she walked away everytime right before he woke up.
 
`I'm starting to not like that bitch,' Inuyasha growled as he made his way lazily towards his door. Missing the knob on the first try, Inuyasha woke a little as his temper rose even higher and he grabbed the door knob and threw his door open. He didn't even flinch when he heard it slam behind him as he walked across the hall to get the bathroom.
 
His temper cooled slightly as he splashed cold water on his face and began the morning ritual of brushing his teeth and brushing his long and stubborn hair. He scowled as he remembered the bastard's stupid voice as he would tell him over and over that he should just cut it. Keh, like he would ever do something as stupid. He would never admit it, but he felt that if he cut it, a part of him would be lost. That is, until it grew back but that always took a little while and he was never one to be patient. As he brushed his hair, his thoughts returned to the night before and the horrible meeting in the parking lot that had ended in him leaving his goddamned helmet. Again. She had threatened him with the word from his dreams. How did she know about the cursed word? He grunted when he reached a big knot and tugged at it a few times before it finally came out. Placing the brush on the shelf, Inuyasha took one last look at himself and decided that he looked presentable for the coming day.
 
He walked back into his room and pulled on his clothes for the day which consisted of dark blue jeans, a white guy tank top (I hope you all know what I'm talking about) with a wine-red shirt unbuttoned over it and walked out into the hallway to the kitchen on the right. Opening the fridge, Inuyasha grabbed the orange juice carton, uncapped it and took three large gulps and turned the cap back on and threw it back in the fridge. He then opened the cabinet right of the fridge and pulled out a packet of instant ramen. Being the only thing he knew how to cook without burning anything, ramen was his main source of food everyday and he never seemed to grow tired of it. Plopping it into the microwave after adding water, Inuyasha set the timer and waited patiently while taking out a bowl and chopsticks.
 
0000000000
 
`Goddamn it all. Since I left the stupid helmet, I can't take the bike. That car is so damn tight. It's like I can't breathe in here. Now I really don't like her,' Inuyasha grumbled as he turned the key to lock the door of his apartment and made his way to the elevator. To his disgust, he heard a door slam and a voice call from behind him, “Inuyasha! I swear, if you get into that car without me…!” Letting the threat dangle, the person fumbled with the key to lock the door and jammed the key into its pocket and ran to the elevator where the grumpy hanyou was waiting.
 
Once safely in the enclosed elevator, the person sighed and visibly relaxed.
 
“Sometimes, you make me think that you'll actually leave me.”
 
“Keh, it'd be your fault. You weak humans are too damn slow,” he grunted as the elevator came to a stop with a high pitched ding and opened.
 
“Really Inuyasha, I must protest. You are too cruel to me. Sometimes I gotta wonder if you have a heart,” The person pouted mockingly to the dog-eared boy who in turn shrugged.
 
“I got a heart. It's sitting on my desk in the office.”
 
“Ew.”
 
A bark of laughter greeted the monk's ears who smiled at the somewhat disturbing joke.
 
“That, my friend, is one of the many reasons as to why you simply can't get a girl. May I suggest perhaps a less disgusting statement? The girls dig men with some soft spots,” he winked at Inuyasha who rolled his eyes with a repulsed look on his face.
 
“Sometimes I wonder how in gods name did I get stuck with a pathetic human like you, monk,” Inuyasha's voice was ruff but Miroku could see it, the laughter and amusement dancing in his golden orbs.
 
“I don't wonder, my friend, I know,” Miroku laughed as he bent over to examine his appearance in the window. A pained look flashed in the monk's eyes but was quickly replaced by false laughter as he opened the car door and stepped in.
 
Inuyasha halted before climbing in the driver's seat and said under his breath in a soft whisper, “I know you know.”
 
0000000000
 
“A, I am somewhat grateful that you are unable to ride your bike. Otherwise, I would have to take that horrid bus,” Miroku commented as he fiddled idly with the radio.
 
“Keh, I don't see why you can't simply go in Sango's car. You play the music too loud and you don't shut up. I would rather have the motor of my bike roaring in my ears than listen to you,” Inuyasha slapped the offending hands away from the radio.
 
“Have you ever driven with Sango?” Miroku asked with great seriousness as he tried yet again to find a good station.
 
“Keh, she's the one who taught me to drive. She's a lunatic at the wheel,” Inuyasha grumbled as he yet again slapped Miroku's hands away from the radio.
 
“Did I just prove my point?” Miroku lifted one eyebrow at his dog-eared friend.
 
“Fine, but no music. And when I do find my helmet in the stupid parking lot, you-“
 
“Your helmet? It's at the bar.”
 
“-will never- what?” Inuyasha took his eyes off the road for a good two seconds to send a glare at his friend which clearly stated his surprise and annoyance.
 
“Well, last night a lovely lady returned it,” Miroku quickly explained to avoid the possibility of annoying his free ride any further. Cough, cough, free ride.
 
“Did this lovely lady by any chance have long black hair and a ridiculously large mouth?” Inuyasha questioned mocking the term Miroku had used for the finder of his helmet.
 
“She did indeed have long, black, silky hair but I don't recall the large mouth you are referring to,” Miroku chuckled as he scratched his chin thoughtfully recalling the angel.
 
The two went into a comfortable silence as they neared the light and with many complaints from Miroku, Inuyasha sped up when he saw it turn yellow. Inuyasha cursed when it turned red and without thinking, Inuyasha jammed his foot on the gas pedal and zoomed through.
 
“INUYASHA! Look out for that girl!” Miroku roared when he saw the said poor girl, who seemed to be on an early morning jog, barely miss the car by jumping back. He turned his head to make sure she was ok to find that she looked furious and was yelling at them. As soon as she disappeared from sight, Miroku sat back down and glared at his companion. You complete idiot. Only you could do something like killing your one and only chance to love. Strike that, to living.
 
“Now that was not a very smart move,” Miroku pointed out as he watched the hanyou visibly relax though he did not slow down his speed on the empty street.
 
“Keh, she moved, didn't she?” Inuyasha half snarled as he made a sharp turn at the green light.
 
“But say she didn't have such reflexes?” Miroku questioned to try and get his friend to realize his errors.
 
“She did, and that's all that matters. Damn woman.” No such luck.
 
“It was her light.” Last try.
 
“Just shut up.” Sir, we've hit rock bottom. Miroku mentally whacked Inuyasha on the head with a rock at his stubbornness and decided he would have to spell it out for his friend.
 
“You gotta be more careful. See this is why you don't have a girlfriend. You are always speeding and -.”
 
“I swear monk, if you don't shut up,” Inuyasha growled as he made another turn causing Miroku to hit the window with a low thud and a groan.
 
“Now that was unnecessary,” Miroku unstuck himself from the glass to wave a disapproving finger at his amused friend.
 
“Really? I found it quite funny,” Inuyasha snickered.
 
“Well, I don't think I approve of your sense of humor.”
 
“Not my problem.”
 
“You're heartless.”
 
“I thought we already went over this.”
 
Miroku sighed dramatically as he hid his smile and looked out the window.
 
“You haven't changed a bit, Inuyasha.”
 
“And you still are the same lecherous idiot.”
 
A small smile played on the former monk's lips as he looked at the familiar surroundings. He looked over to his friend and envisioned him in his high school uniform as he had first met him. Looking highly uncomfortable and irritated, Inuyasha had stuck out like a sore thumb in the bustle of dark haired and dark eyed students. He glared at everything as if they were all out to get him. While he, Miroku, on the other hand, had been a person who was always in a good mood, thoughtful, and opened armed to everyone (or open handed, if that makes sense). The two's meeting hadn't been a very pleasant one, but it was a meeting that would forever amuse Miroku.
 
00000000
 
A teenager, no older than fourteen, stepped in line behind a girl about three inches shorter than he with short black hair. She was chatting happily with her friends who she had either met just that day and hit it off or was lucky to go to the same high school as them. Feeling lucky, he stepped a little closer with a charming smile and placed a hand on the short haired girls shoulder.
 
“May I join you beautiful ladies?” He asked flashing them with his handsome white teeth. The trio blushed and giggled furiously as one of them nodded shyly. She was a cute one he concluded with her wavy dark brown hair and shy yet sweet smile. He chatted flirtatiously with them for the short five to ten minutes that they were in the lunch line before they received their lunch and parted to different tables.
 
Miroku made his way to a table near the center of the lunch room where some of his old friends from junior high were gathered. Among them, he was thrilled to see that a girl with long brown hair tied up in a high pony tail with red eye shadow and piercing brown eyes was sitting near an empty seat. He quickened his pace to get the seat before anyone else could take it.
 
In his quickened pace towards the beautiful woman, Miroku failed to notice a figure moving at an equally fast pace was moving towards the intersection that crossed paths with his lane.
 
Before anyone could react, two boys, one with black hair tied at the neck and one with long, unruly silver hair, collided and their food went everywhere.
 
“Oof! What the-!?” The silver haired boy cried in outraged from his spot on the ground as he saw in dismay his tray packed with dishes of all kinds (of ramen) descend to the floor.
 
“Oh! I'm terribly sorry! Really, I didn't see you there. O dear…that's a lot of food you got there…,” Miroku looked at the mess as the whole school gasped in shock.
 
Miroku looked around at all the stunned, paled faces. They looked like they were holding their breaths, waiting for something. In confusion, Miroku continued to look till his eyes landed on a pair of furious golden eyes. Miroku jumped to his feet in surprise when he realized that this was no ordinary boy.
 
“Why you little piece of shit!” The golden eyed boy growled as he advanced on Miroku.
 
“Now, now, I assure you that I am deeply sorry for causing you to fall. You weren't hurt were you?” Miroku's voice cut through the tense silence like a knife would through butter as the whole student body continued to watch.
 
The boy looked like a wild beast ready to strike at any moment and Miroku almost felt like he had been in this situation before and briefly prayed to Buddha that he would come out of this without a concussion. He backed up as the raged boy continued to advance. He raised his fist ready to punch. Miroku's eyes widened as he realized that this kid meant business. He brought his hands up ready to defend himself.
 
“Now wait just a damn minute! He apologized for god's sake!” A woman's voice echoed through the silent lunch room as Miroku's wide eyes landed on his beautiful angel, quite angry angel mind you, as she stomped over towards them. It was no secret that Sango was a skilled martial artist and Miroku felt a wave of relief that she was willing to save his ass.
 
“Mind your own business, bitch!” The boy snarled as his ears, which Miroku just realized were little furry triangle on top of his head, moved in her direction. His eyes moved in her direction and Miroku took the chance to try and move. Instantly Miroku regretted it when the boys fist landed squarely in his stomach. Miroku's felt the room swirl around for a good five seconds as his clutched his stomach in pain.
 
“Miroku!” Sango ran over to the two boys when Miroku found the strength to land a punch in the boy's stomach as well.
 
This caused the boy to move back quickly before narrowing his eyes and lunging back towards him and so started the fight. On his first day of high school, Miroku met and fought the extremely short tempered dog demon, Inuyasha. They were soon pulled apart by the principle and were given detention for the rest of the week and were forced to clean the mess in the cafeteria that they made.
 
At the end of the day, Miroku happily walked through the hallways and down the stairs to the cafeteria with a mop and bucket. On his way, he met up with a grumbling teenager in the same uniform.
 
“We didn't exactly start off in good terms. My name is Miroku Souryo,” He tucked the mop under his arm and stuck his hand out to shake. Instead, he received a grunt and the boy quickened his pace.
 
“Well, I see we are a man of few words. No problem. I am happy to fill in the silence,” Miroku quickened his pace to catch up with the sour boy.
 
They made a right and opened the doors to the empty cafeteria. Without saying anything, the boy walked towards where the mess was and began to mop it. Miroku closed the door and walked to where the so far nameless boy was and started to help.
 
“Just for starters, I'm new here. I'm guessing you aren't. Being that this goes through junior high and high school. The people whom I'm guessing have been here knew that you were going to start a fight the minute you went sprawling. Are you always that violent?”
 
Silence.
 
“Well, I am usually not like that. I rarely fight, being that I am Buddhist.”
 
More silence.
 
Miroku continued talking as if he was with one of his friends, telling the silent boy about himself and his friends. After about thirty minutes, they were finished and they had to put everything away and head to detention.
 
The walk to the detention room on the third floor was pretty much the same with Miroku voice filling the conversations. The boy didn't even seem to be listening as he opened the door and slapped his slip on the desk where the sleeping teacher was. Miroku followed suit and took the seat next to the silent boy. The boy continued to glare at the board as Miroku continued to talk idly to him.
 
This continued for about forty minutes before the boy lost it.
 
“Do you always talk this much?” His cried as he pointed his angered eyes on the merry violet ones.
 
“I have a tendency of talking,” Miroku smiled his eyes holding amusement at having finally heard the boy speak.
 
The boy gave Miroku a disgusted look and then asked, “Are you gay or something? Stop looking at me.”
 
In between laughs, Miroku managed, “Anything but that!”
 
“What the fuck is so damn funny, monk?” This seemed to stop Miroku's laughter.
 
“I would prefer to be called Miroku. Monk seems to be more of a term for…well a monk,” Miroku pointed out.
 
“Well, you're Buddhist,” the boy smirked.
 
“That doesn't make me a monk.”
 
“You were a monk in you past life,” the boy concluded.
 
“Oh? You think so?” He raised an eyebrow as images of himself in black and violet robes and a shakuju came to mind. He had dreams of this before and was only somewhat surprised that this boy seemed to have voiced his own guesses.
 
“Keh. Not that it helps you all that much. I've seen you, you lecherous monk,” the boy pointed out as Miroku shook his head.
 
“See, you misunderstand me. I am merely gracing our school's beautiful women with my presence.”
 
“Fat chance, the boy huffed as he turned away to continue to glare at the board. He seemed to be done with the conversation.
 
`This guy is very interesting indeed,' Miroku studied the boy next to him. He had waist-long silver hair, golden eyes that seemed to change color with his mood, a stubborn looking mouth that held a sharp tongue, long, rough looking hands with claws that decorated each finger, and not to mention his two triangular ears that seemed to twitch constantly.
 
“You are a demon I presume?” Miroku asked cautiously.
 
The boy went rigid in an instant and he turned to look at Miroku with his piercing eyes. Other than his eyes, he seemed stunned in a sense. He opened his mouth but his arms seemed to move faster than his mouth. He punched Miroku's cheek and then grabbed him by the collar and brought him eye to eye. Surprised and somewhat annoyed violet eyes clashed with enraged and frightened golden ones as the boy glared into Miroku's face.
 
“How-?”
 
“I am a monk, am I not? That is one very powerful disguise spell you got there. My father told me about those so that I would be able to protect myself from the demons of this day and age. I have never actually met one close up. Very interesting indeed.”
 
“I swear, monk, if you ever fucking tell anyone I will personally rip out your tongue and shove up your sorry Buddhist ass! You got that!?” He snarled as she shook Miroku violently.
 
“Now, now, why would I want to do a thing like that? You seem to have the student body in you control. I have seen you in the hall ways. Even with your disguise you make people cower in fear. I wouldn't want the whole student body go into chaos cause they got one little demon among them.”
 
The boy seemed to be sniffing Miroku out and so he stayed still. He seemed to be satisfied with Miroku's answer and so let go and got up from his seat and started to leave the room. When he reached the door, he stopped.
 
“My name's Inuyasha.”
 
“It was nice meeting you, Inuyasha,” Miroku replied as Inuyasha nodded curtly and slammed the door shut behind him.
 
This woke up the teacher with a start and he almost fell out of his chair. He steadied himself and sat up groggily and looked around to find one lone boy sitting in the corner of the classroom waiting patiently for the clock to strike the 5. The teacher looked at the slips and looked back to the rows of chairs. He seemed to be studying it pretty hard before asking with slurred words still laced with sleep, “Where's Inuyasha, the stupid bastard?”
 
“He went home sick today,” Miroku answered cheerfully. With a nod, the teacher placed the slips back down on the desk and fell back asleep.
 
0000000000
 
Nope. He hasn't changed a bit. Miroku took another glance at the silent hanyou and smiled.
 
“What are you smiling at?”
 
“Nothing, Inuyasha. Just enjoying the wonderful memories of our high school years,” Miroku smiled as continued to look out the window.
 
“Fucking gay monk,” Inuyasha muttered, knowing what memory Miroku must've been thinking of. A small smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he made a turn into the parking lot of the restaurant.
 
A/N: Yay! I finished this one! Phew! It took me a while sorry! But I am quite pleased with this one! I was at my computer for about two hours when writing this one. Austen, my little brother I own a big thanks to cause he helped me with some choices that I couldn't make about how Inuyasha and Miroku meet. So yay for Austen! Well, it's late and I'm tired and I'm recovering from a concussion, so good night and I hope you all enjoyed this one!
 
Oh, and if it was confusing in the memory, the lunch room scene, Inuyasha was going towards more food so he was going (for layout purposes) the width of the room and Miroku was going towards Sango so he was going the length of the room. Therefore, their paths intersected and so ended with that beautiful crash. I thought of how they had met one another before and it was Miroku's helper, Hachi, causing an avalanche of boulders and that gave me the idea of the collision.