InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scrapbook Memories ❯ Familiar Faces ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
KK: uh….
 
Evil kk: Cat got your tongue?
 
KK: uh….
 
Evil kk: A cat's really got your tongue, doesn't it?
 
KK: actually….
 
Evil kk: Just say what you came to say and be on your way.
 
KK: cookie dough is the best shit on earth.
 
Evil kk: Let me rephrase that: say what you were supposed to say and be on your way.
 
KK: can I reschedule? I have some important matters to attend to.
 
Evil kk: (sigh) she came here to say-.
 
KK: noooo!!! (Jumps in front of Evil kk and falls to the floor with a thud).
 
Evil kk: Talk about unnecessary. (Gives her a dry look)
 
KK: i think I'm dying.
 
Evil kk: I think I'm melting.
 
KK: melting?
 
Evil kk: Dying?
 
KK: well…
 
Evil kk: Well… she doesn't own Inuyasha or any of the characters that were created by Takahashi-sensei.
 
KK: you can't confess for me!
 
Evil kk: And on with the show!
 
KK: no! She was lying! I- (KK is stuffed into a closet with a broom)
 
Chapter Three: Familiar Faces
 
“Stupid door,” Inuyasha muttered darkly.
 
He gave one last shove on the handle before deciding it was useless and let go. Turning around, he sat down on the steps leading to the restaurant next to his rather calm friend who had decided it was useless a while ago.
 
“I can't believe you forgot the keys to your own restaurant,” Miroku smiled as he shook his head disapprovingly.
 
“I was tired, get over it. One of the workers is bound to show up,” Inuyasha grumbled as he trained his eyes on the entrance to the parking lot.
 
“On top of that, I can't believe you almost ran over that poor girl. She looked pretty mad,” Miroku pointed out as he remembered the said girl's furious shouts.
 
“Keh.”
 
“She seemed familiar,” Miroku pretended to ponder hard as if looking for a name to match with the face.
 
“Really? Cause in the half a second that I saw her, she looked like my great aunt Miza and she ain't all that pretty,” Inuyasha bit out his words dripping with sarcasm.
 
“No! She was the angel from last night! I can't believe you almost ran over the beautiful angel from last night!” Miroku cried dramatically jabbing an accusing finger in Inuyasha's chest.
 
“That wench? How in kami's name would you be able to recognize a woman you saw for two seconds?” Inuyasha growled as he slapped the annoying index finger from his chest.
 
“Now, now, while you saw her for two seconds, I looked back to see her quite heatedly yelling at you. I don't know how anyone could forget that face.” `And I can't believe you have of all people,' Miroku kept that thought wisely to himself as he continued to glare half-heartedly at his friend.
 
“Well, then she definitely deserved her `near death incident.' Damn woman, made me drive you to work… and she better not have taken my helmet,” Inuyasha muttered when he saw Miroku return his gaze back to the parking lot with a thoughtful look on his face.
 
“I believe her name was Kagome, pretty little thing,” Miroku seemed to not have heard Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha stopped his grumbles about his bike and the stupid wench when he heard Miroku utter her name.
 
Kagome.
 
Memories of her in his dreams flooded back to him. For every dream, Inuyasha said Kagome in his head as if to match her face to her name. It was almost as if he thought it would make her stop crying or stop her from saying the cursed word or even….to not walk away and come back to him. He let her name roll off his tongue in a soft uttered voice letting the wind take the three syllables and whisk them away from him.
 
They sat in comfortable silence until they heard the sound of wheels screeching as a black convertible was spotted a block away, swerving in a maniac kind of fashion around a corner and continued it's speedy pace towards the restaurant. The top was down and if one dared to look, they would see a woman in her early twenties or later teens in a green tank top and jeans with fair skin and long dark brown hair. Wearing sleek black shades and a wicked smile she zoomed down the street.
 
From where Inuyasha and Miroku were sitting, they could hear the many complaints she was receiving along with her wild laugh as if she enjoyed torturing the pedestrians this early in the morning. She entered the parking lot at the same alarming speed and turned the car violently as she pushed on the brakes to Inuyasha's horror. With a soft groan, the abused car halted a few feet from Inuyasha and Miroku's feet.
 
“Good morning, Miroku. Inuyasha,” a tall, slim bodied woman emerged from the vehicle, lifted her shades, and gave the two men a smile of greeting. She pulled the top over her car and locked it.
 
“Took you long enough,” Inuyasha grumbled under his breath.
 
“Good morning, my love. And may I say that the morning seems much brighter now that you have arrived,” Miroku went to embrace her but she quickly side-stepped it and stepped closer to Inuyasha who looked away with his infamous scowl on.
 
“I see we locked ourselves out again,” Sango said with a knowing yet disapproving tone.
 
“Don't go making it sound like it always happens,” Inuyasha grumbled as she took out her set of keys.
 
“Why do you think I come this early every morning?” She teased as she unlocked the door and then the second door. (A/N: You know those restaurants that have the doors where if you get through the first one, you're kinda stuck because it's such tight space? Well, that's what they're goin through. Gods I hate the guy who ever thought of having such little space between two doors. And they hardly ever keep the cold out anyways.)
 
Miroku's low chuckles carried throughout the empty restaurant as the three filed in. Sango went out again to her car an opened the trunk. She carried in two boxes on top of each other and placed them down onto the bar counter.
“I ordered the women's new uniforms as you asked but Miroku made a few changes. Sorry, Yash, it was beyond my control,” Sango let her accusing gaze land on a slightly nervous Miroku as Inuyasha stepped around Sango to open the boxes.
 
A silence folded over the room as Inuyasha lifted the lid over the boxes and peered into the box. With a scoff, he placed the lid back onto the box and glared at his friend with obvious disgust for not so much the uniforms as for the person who changed them (more like cut them up).
 
“I swear monk, only your perverted mind would think of such a uniform. I said to make it look summery, not skimpy.”
 
“I was thinking it would get us more customers. I was only thinking of ways to benefit the restaurant.” Miroku argued calmly as Sango brushed past him to start placing the chairs at the tables.
 
“Keh, fucking pervert,” Inuyasha grunted as he joined Sango.
 
Miroku smiled at Inuyasha's unsaid approval and set to work on the signs that would be put up in the window and parking lot. With big flowing letters that wrote so far `Come join us at our beach location!' He had to write the address and phone number and possibly jazz it up a bit but so far it was looking good.
 
In the middle of writing a letter, he was distracted by the door opening and a cheery woman waltzing in.
 
“Good morning, Miroku! Whatchya up to this early in the morning?” Her bubbly voice seemed to add some energy to the room and Miroku couldn't help but smile as he responded.
 
“Why, I'm spreading the good news, Rin. We're going to our summer house. Care to join us?” Miroku's eyes twinkled with mirth as Rin giggled and jumped around Miroku to the bar.
 
“If I'm wearing this, then I'm already there!” Rin had opened the box that read female summer uniforms and squealed in delight at her new bikini and matching sarong.
 
Miroku gave Inuyasha a look that clearly said `see?' and Inuyasha just rolled his eyes and snapped, “Rin would've gotten excited even if you had handed her a dying pigeon.”
 
“I would not!” Rin's face was a look of mock shock and disgust as Sango laughed whole-heartedly and hugged Rin over the counter.
 
“Oh, of course you would, Rin-chan!” Sango got slapped away by the bikini and was sent to the kitchen to start setting things up in there. Her laughter flowed out of the cracks of the swinging door as everyone continued their morning routine of setting the restaurant up.
 
It was the last day the restaurant was gonna be running till the fall and they were gonna make sure it went smoothly.
 
00000000
 
“Did you have a nice skate, sweetie?” Kasumi asked cheerfully as she placed a bowl of steaming fluffy rice in front of her daughter.
 
“Thank you and yes, it was very refreshing,” Kagome smiled brightly at her mom as she picked up her glass of orange juice and took a few sips. Kasumi returned to the stove to start making omelets.
 
Ohayo (Good morning),” Souta's sleep laced voice floated into the room as the two woman of the Higurashi family turned to see the youngest hanging onto the doorframe of the kitchen. He came into the kitchen with his feet dragging and his arms and head sagging. He looked like he could use a few more hours.
 
“Why are you up so early, sleepy head? Don't you usually sleep till like 12?” Kagome pointed at the clock that read in bright red robotic numbers 6:30. Souta outwardly groaned and sunk into his seat across from his sister and let his head fall heavily onto the table making everything on the table shake. Kagome caught the glass of orange juice before it spilt and glared at her brother's messy bed head. He mumbled something incoherent and Kagome leaned over the table, careful of the orange juice to try and hear more clearly.
 
“Repeat that?”
 
“Mhm damn mhm job … early ….. Hate….” (A/N: I made the age difference b/w Kags and Souta much smaller so when in the manga he would be like 10, he's going to be more like 15 I think)
 
“A job?” Kagome sat back down into her chair and gave her mother a questioning look.
 
“Yes, Souta got a job as a dog-walker, isn't that wonderful?” Kasumi scooped up some rice for her son and set it next to his head and tapped his head gently. Souta lifted his head and it looked like he was drooling as his mother placed a plate with cut up omelet with onions, bacon, scallions and other yummy ingredients he loved his mother for and started to dig in.
 
“Hey! You took it all! I was the one who was up earlier!” Kagome cried as she watched in dismay her brother eat all of what was to be her breakfast.
 
“And yet, I am faster than you?” He mocked around a mouthful of rice and omelet with his chopsticks pointed at her.
 
“Souta, don't point those at your sister and Kagome, I'm making more, don't worry,” Kasumi called over her shoulder as she poured the rest of the bowl of mixed eggs onto the sizzling pan.
 
“I swear, Mama has eyes in the back of her head,” Souta told Kagome as he chewed his food exaggeratingly to emphasize the amazing food she was missing. Kagome rolled her eyes and waited anxiously for her mother's delicious cooking.
 
“I heard that,” Kagome heard the smile in her mother's voice and laughed.
 
“So, how many people want you to walk their dog?” Kagome asked in a mocking tone as she placed a piece of omelet accompanied by some rice into her mouth.
 
“For your information, I have to walk seven dogs,” Souta stated with tone of dread in his voice.
 
“Oh really? You can barely handle Buyo and he's a cat,” Kagome pointed out suspiciously. Souta fidgeted with his chopsticks under his sister's questioning gaze.
 
“Oh, Souta isn't doing it alone! He has his little friend joining him!” Kasumi exclaimed in her cheerful, motherly way as she sat down at the table with them with her own bowl with steaming rice and omelet.
 
Kagome smiled widely when she saw her brother's cheeks explode with color and he dropped his chopsticks with a choking sound.
 
“Aaaaah! Souta's got a crush!” Kagome jumped up with giddiness and pointed her finger at his chest.
 
“It's not a crush!”
 
“What's her name!?”
 
“That's none of your business!”
 
“Where'd you meet her?”
 
“Why do you care!?”
 
“You're my little brother, of course I care!!! Now who is this mystery crush!?” Kagome was practically dancing around in excitement.
 
“Hitomi….” Souta muttered his cheeks becoming even redder.
 
“I couldn't hear you, Souta, what did you say?” Kagome leaned in closer much like she had done earlier that morning.
 
“Hitomi.”
 
Kagome squealed with delight and continued her interrogation of Souta's crush. It turned out that he had been crushing on Hitomi for the whole school year and finally got the guts to ask if she liked dogs which lead to the question if she would help him with his new job over the summer. She was a new student from China! She was not Chinese but because of her dad's business, she had lived there for one year and when they moved back, she had to go to a different school for reasons she has yet to tell.
 
“Is she coming over here?” Kagome asked as she sat back down a little more calmed and continued to eat her long forgotten breakfast.
 
“At 7,” Souta muttered as he stuffed the rest of his breakfast into his mouth and zoomed out of the kitchen to go and take a shower.
 
“Look at him; he's got a job and a girl. All before I ever did,” Kagome sighed romantically as she thought of all the guys she had ever dated. She made a face, finished her breakfast and stood up to go and wash them.
 
“What about you? Are you going to get a job this summer, Kagome?” Kasumi put her chopsticks down next to her unfinished breakfast and turned to face her daughter.
 
`Crap.' “You know I have been looking, Mama. It's really difficult with everyone else in this city looking for a summer job too. But I'm looking, I promise,” Kagome gave her mother a smile as she splashed water and soap over the dishes and dried them off.
 
“Oh I know sweetie. It's just that you need something to do over this summer. You need to find something that will make this summer very fun and eventful!” Kasumi returned to her food and Kagome placed the plates back in the cupboards.
 
“Thank you for your concern, Mama. I'll go today through town with ads, ok?” Kagome placed a kiss on her mother's forehead and hugged her before leaving to go up to her room.
 
“He will find you this summer, I can feel it, Kagome,” Kasumi said quietly after her daughter's departure as she finished up her breakfast and went to clean it in the sink and start prepare her father's breakfast.
 
“Did you hear that?” Kasumi ran to the well to find her daughter whom she hadn't seen in what seemed ages at the bottom in heart-wrenching sobs.
 
“Kagome! Kagome!” She couldn't help her own daughter.
 
“I lost him, Mama….He's gone…All of them are gone….Mama, it hurts.” What had happened in the past to her friends? What had happened to Inuyasha? Why wasn't he here?
 
“She will be ok.” A tall man with red hair had come to help Kasumi carry Kagome back to the house.
 
“He will find her.” Those were Shippou's parting words as he walked down the stone steps from the Higurashi Shrine.
 
 
0000000000
 
“Find a job in a day? How am I supposed to do that?” Kagome muttered to herself as she paced her room. She stopped to look at the many torn newspaper and magazine pages with highlighter marks all over them scattered on her bed and her desk. With a sigh, she began to look through all the highlighted sections.
 
“I could be a waitress, a cashier, a lifeguard……a chef, a librarian? A janitor….argh! Hm…. I think the waitress thing is the only thing I'm looking for then,” Kagome concluded as she started to search for all restaurant ads.
 
0000000000
 
“Alright, so that's an order of two cups of milk for the big guys and a black coffee for you, ma'am,” The two children nodded their heads as their mother smiled and nodded her head tiredly. Sango smiled and was off to the kitchen. Passing Miroku, she knocked off his hat and kept going with his unhappy `hey!' following her. She greeted the two other chefs they had at the restaurant and fished out the carton of milk from the huge refrigerator and started the coffee machine.
 
“Order up! Mei!” Miroku placed it on the counter next to him and a young waitress scurried into the kitchen looking nervous as she clutched the plates on her arms and marched backwards out of the kitchen and through the swinging doors.
 
“You're going to work that girl till she drops I tell you, Miroku. Take it easy on her. She's a new one,” A big man in his chef's uniform commented from his spot at the stove currently flipping pancakes.
 
“I know, Kenju, but she's gonna learn sooner or later that she has to get the food quickly to the customers or else they get crabby. And when they get crabby, I get annoyed. Then the whole place is under the weather and that's just no fun now is it?” Miroku explain as he received his next order and started on the omelet.
 
“Such a wise man,” Kenju joked as he flipped the last of the pancakes onto the plate and handed them to Sango to decorate with fruits and whipped cream. She did her job quickly, placed the two cups of milk and mug of black coffee on a tray, took the plate of pancakes and marched out of the kitchen backwards following the younger waitress.
 
At around 10am, the crowd started to lessen and the place started to calm down. Sango, Mei and the rest of the waiters cleaned up the tables and sent the dirty dishes and silverware to the kitchen for washing. After everything was done and the restaurant was officially empty of all customers, the staff called a short break for fresh air and some for a smoke.
 
Rin and Sango chatted vigorously amongst the waitresses and waiters and the chefs talked and laughed as Miroku and Inuyasha stayed indoors to discuss business.
 
“We need a cashier and then we are set to go to the summer restaurant,” Miroku circled the little ad that they had put up in the local newspaper over two weeks ago.
 
“Fuck that, monk. We could easily make Sango or someone a cashier,” Inuyasha idly tried to balance a spoon on his clawed finger.
 
“Oh you know Sango would clobber you if you made her stand there all day and Rin is too hyper to stand still. She would leave her post within the first ten minutes at the cashier to do something more active and helpful. Besides, we could use some more workers with all the people that will be coming.”
 
“You seem so positive that this summer restaurant will be such a huge hit.”
 
“A but you see my good friend, our little restaurant will be right on one of the most popular beaches outside of Tokyo. Everyone will be hungry after a day at the beach and look at what's there, a restaurant. How convenient,” Miroku twirled an empty glass on the counter.
 
“Whatever. Just don't get some air-headed chick like you did last time,” Inuyasha pointed his spoon at Miroku with a look that said `do that and feel my wrath.'
 
“She was perfectly capable of serving people,” Miroku replied defensively.
 
“Shame she didn't serve the people, she seduced them.”
 
“She kept the customers coming.”
 
“Correction: she kept the fucked up, old men coming. They were mostly there to get drunk and thrown out just to get a look at her.”
 
“And of course you look at the empty half of the glass.”
 
“Someone's gotta do it. No air-heads,” Inuyasha got up from the bar counter and gave Miroku a warning look before throwing the spoon into the sink and walking off towards the door.
 
“Fine. No air-heads,” Miroku sighed as he watched his partner in crime head out the door into the early afternoon light.
 
`Better start looking for some pretty girl to try out our new uniforms,' Miroku grinned as he eyed the box under the counter.
 
“Keh, stupid monk,” Inuyasha muttered under his breath as he kicked an empty beer can half-heartedly into the street.
 
People were idly walking on the sidewalks chatting with their friends or simply enjoying the summer afternoon. Children skipped and ran gaily in the rush of the beginning of summer vacation.
 
“Slacking off on the job I see. You never change, do you Inuyasha?”
 
Inuyasha groaned as he turned around to face the person who had addressed him. He half expected it to be a young fox demon that he enjoyed hitting on the head. But instead, he found a grim looking Shippou. Inuyasha had a bad feeling.
 
“It's too early in the summer to start popping out of nowhere, Shippou. What do you want?” Inuyasha didn't even try to hide his annoyance at his uncle's sudden appearances.
 
“Well, that was one heck of a `hello' for a guy you haven't seen in-.”
 
“One week too short. What do you want?” Inuyasha grunted as he shifted his weight to the left leg and gave Shippou his infamous scowl.
 
Shippou sighed seeing that he had caught his friend on a bad day and decided that beating around the bush with petty greetings would be useless and simply annoy the hanyou further.
 
“Sesshoumaru has called me in. I'm gonna need you to take Rin out to the beach. I shouldn't be more than a week,” Shippou explain quickly and quietly so his wife wouldn't overhear being that she wasn't too far away.
 
Inuyasha knew the look Shippou was giving him. He saw it everytime Shippou placed Rin in his care when he would go off to do Sesshoumaru's bidding. Being one of Sesshoumaru's top agents in the business, Shippou was constantly away. Rin always became a little less bubbly and everyone felt it without commenting on it. All they could do was be as helpful as possible and be there for Rin. Of course Rin supported her husband and of course she loved him no matter what. It was just that it seemed that Shippou was never going to settle and that was everyone knew Rin truly wanted, including Shippou. She wanted a family. A big family. And with Shippou never there, it would be impossible to raise kids. This was Shippou's guilty look. He knew what Rin wanted and it killed him to always leave her; to have her always waiting for him to return just to see him off not too long after. Without realizing it, Inuyasha came to loath that look. Whenever Inuyasha saw it, he felt like he never wanted to make that look. It took a lot of willpower to not punch the look off Shippou's face. Inuyasha didn't want to see Rin's face everytime he told her that her husband had left again.
 
With another grunt, Inuyasha nodded his head curtly at Shippou who in turn nodded apologetically and left.
 
She's waiting
 
Inuyasha felt a tug at something in the back of his mind.
 
You left her. Go find her. Don't make her wait too long.
 
Go find her, Inuyasha. It's important to you isn't it?” Her eyes. Gods why do her eyes tell me everything?
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
“Did you find her?” Those eyes.
 
“You went to see her again, didn't you?”
 
“Don't lie. You can't even look me in the eyes.”
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
“I'm sorry,” Inuyasha looked up to find a young teenage girl with long, flowing raven hair and stormy grey eyes. Those eyes were looking at him. Her eyes were hurt and accusing. Her hands fisted in her skirt as she stood there looking at him. How could he lie to her? The same guilty feeling filled him until it choked him. He had disappointed her again. He had left her again. To look for something that was never there. He had betrayed her. That wasn't the first time and it wasn't the last. He would keep chasing those none-existing and he would keep her waiting forever. And all he could was say those two lousy words.
 
“I'm sorry.”
 
“Did you say something?” Inuyasha jumped slightly as he turned and saw Miroku walking towards him.
 
“Miroku, she's waiting and I left her again,” Inuyasha said as his mind tried to focus on one clear thought.
 
This got Miroku's attention and his whole body stiffened slightly. His eyes widened in surprise and confusion. It was quickly replaced with a sad yet understanding look that made Inuyasha tense up. It was another one of the looks that he had received over the years. It all started after freshman year in high school. Inuyasha would have a moment when his mind went hazy and next thing he knew, Miroku would be giving him the `understanding and sympathetic' look. He hated Miroku's look almost more than he hated Shippou's guilty look.
 
“Inuyash-.”
 
“Forget it, monk,” Inuyasha cut Miroku off with a coarse and strained voice as he walked past the monk and towards the restaurant.
 
 
0000000000
 
“Shit,” Kagome walked out of the seventh restaurant that day.
 
`How is it possible for a eighteen year old girl to get turned down for a job as simple as being a waitress!?!????' That question seemed to pop into her mind quiet often lately. Kagome groaned and plopped onto a nearby bench.
 
`Even Souta found a job easier than you.'
 
`Shut up'
 
`Hey, I'm just pointing out the facts.'
 
`Well, I know the facts just fine, thank you- nonono, I am not talking to myself,' Kagome rubbed her temples and suppressed another groan. She looked around to see if anyone was around and when she was satisfied no one was around to see her, she let her whole body shake out her frustrations. It was something she had started doing when she started high school. When the stress became too much, she would simply shake her whole body much like a dog would and feel her body relax. (A/N: I'm telling you, it works. At least for me it does.)
 
“I don't think I have ever seen anyone do that,” Kagome squeaked indignantly and whirled around at the deep male voice behind her.
 
Blushing furiously Kagome stuttered, “I- I didn't s-see you, I - don't usu-usually do th-that!”
 
His laugh seemed to calm her for reasons unknown and he went around the bench to sit next to her. Her back stiffened in alert as he sat down. He could be some pathological serial killer or something. Or, he could be a rapist. Or he could be a-
 
“You looked like a dog doing that,” he joked as he flashed Kagome his white teeth.
 
-Incredibly blunt while being gorgeous at the same time. Kagome managed a small smile as she dared a look at him. In comparison to her in their current sitting positions, Kagome guessed he was about five feet and 10 inches. He was wearing plain blue jeans and a green top which complimented his very green eyes. Kagome caught his emerald eyes with her chocolate brown ones and felt a wave of nausea hit her. She closed her eyes as tears formed behind her eyelids and willed the dizziness to clear. Suddenly, her feet felt soar as if she had been walking for miles on a dirt road and her whole body felt soar as if she had slept on rocks.
 
`Why does it feel so hot?' Kagome's fuzzed up mind asked as she tried to open her eyes. When she managed to peek through her eyelids, she saw bright and concerned eyes staring back at her.
 
“Are you ok, Kagome?” His voice was of a little boys and Kagome whimpered as she tried to hug the little boy for comfort knowing he would let her cuddle him.
 
“Shi- Shippou…” Her voice was hoarse and soft as she felt herself being lifted.
 
“You're going to be OK, Kagome, don't worry,” the voice seemed very soothing and Kagome wanted it to say more to calm her racing mind down.
 
`Shippou…' Kagome's mind closed her off from the rest of the world and she fell into the comforting world of dreams. She dreamt of a little boy with green eyes and a bushy tail running around throwing screeching mushrooms everywhere.
 
0000000000
 
“Damn it's dull this afternoon,” Sango idly twirled a beer bottle by the handle around two fingers as Rin happily served a family of three their desserts. The child was so excited that she was getting a treat for the first day of summer that she took a huge bite of her ice cream sundae and almost choked. Luckily, she was tough and swallowed it and kept on eating gleefully.
 
Rin whistled as she walked towards her friend at the counter. He was a regular and always came on his lunch break on guard duty. His name was Taro. A big fellow he was and very tough indeed when need be. But when it came to Rin and the other waitresses, he was a real sweetie.
 
“Taro, want another one?” Rin gestured to his empty glass and he smiled and shook his head.
 
“Nah, I think that was just enough, love, thank you. Sango, don't work to hard,” he laughed as he gestured to the twirling beer mug and she instantly stopped it, blushing slightly as if she had been caught stealing a cookie. He continued laughing and placed some money on the counter as he got up to leave.
 
“Bye Taro! See you tomorrow!” Rin waved to him as he waved back and left the restaurant.
 
“Ugh, other than him a few others, this afternoon's so boring. I don't know what to do with myself,” Sango complained as she put the mug down and gave the restaurant a wistful glance.
 
“Sango!” Miroku's voice called from the kitchen. He burst through the doors and quickly walked toward his fiancé and Rin.
 
“What' wrong?” Rin asked with worried eyes.
 
“We have a slight problem.”
 
 
A/N: Kagome's mother's name in the mange is never mentioned. So long ago, I concluded that her name was Kasumi and so in all of the stories I have every written, her name was always Kasumi. I kind of realized that this was a really long chapter. At least for me it was. I'm sooooooo sorry that it took so long to update. I went to Scotland for 10 days and it was amazing! I wrote a rough frat of the fourth chapter so hopefully I'll get that up soon. I would like to thank Deki-chan who is my official editor. She catches ALL my mistakes. Amazing0.0. We spent a lot of time discussing things and we wanted it to be as good as it could get for all you guys. I want to make my readers happy. I like reviews, I really really do. So please tell me what you thought of this chapter!! Thank you! O god, it's 1:30 am!!!!!! Good night!!