InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Fallen ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: No!. Don’t own it. Oh well. Le Sob! Le Cry! Le Whimper!! Oh, and I don’t own Mya’s ‘Fallen’ either. Sniff!


Author’s Note: I had a kind reviewer ask me a question and I thought I’d answer. Kagome (in this fic) turned 22 in May. I totally forgot this and I’ll clear it up as soon as I can. Oh, and for those that are on Fanfiction.net, please take note that this chapter is one of those chapters that’s missing a piece or two. For the full chapter please visit A-Single-Spark.com or Mediaminer.org. I’m really sorry about the wait people. I wanted this chapter to be extra special (points to bedraggled Silver crumpled in the corner) and I hope that it’s worth the wait.



“Like an accident it happened. Out of nowhere it just happened and I ain’t mad at all because I’ve...”



Chapter Thirty-Two: Fallen




(I)


Kagome leaned against the patio railing, her arms crossed to bear her weight as she watched the sun rise. Oranges, golds, and reds flickered onto the steel, glass and concrete surfaces of the city, the castoff of the early morning light beautiful. . .and a perfect way to start the day. Kagome inhaled deeply, then sighed and turned back to the patio doors. She stepped into her bedroom silently, tugged her bathrobe tighter around her and returned to the bathroom to finish getting ready for the day.


Lately she found her mind wandering, leaving tasks around her unfinished as her thoughts up and ran off with her. Inside the large green safe she found (after calming herself down and assuring Kouga she was fine) all of her father’s old tapes, his sheet music, his violin, Sesshoumaru’s mother’s diamonds and Terrance’s sketch pad. It felt good to touch them, to let her fingers pass over things that, though momentarily misplaced, meant more to her than anything else in the world.


Which left her with a different problem.


‘My feelings. . .for Sesshoumaru,’ she said to herself as she closed the bathroom door. ‘How exactly do I feel about him?’ she asked herself. ‘I mean, I’m fond of him. . .more so now than I ever was before. But what if he doesn’t feel the same about me?’ She showered, pinned her hair into a loose bun, and was almost finished getting ready when the gentle sound of the elevator’s bell rang in the living room. She hurried into her clothes, her khaki pants slipping over her long legs and her navy blue blouse decently buttoned before Inuyasha’s booming tenor flooded the apartment.


“Hey Kagome! Where are ya?” he hollered from the living room. He smirked when she finally rounded the corner, stumbling into a pair of blue and white polka dotted peep-toe heels. She growled in frustration, surprising him in how primal it sounded, and gave her an innocent smile in return. “What’s up?” he replied and reached out to pat ‘Chance’s head when he walked past.


“Inuyasha, let’s you and I talk,” Kagome ground out savagely. Inuyasha knew that look (after centuries of dealing with the ningen female species) and quickly stepped back toward the elevator and hurried into what he wanted to say.


“Yeah, can that wait? Cause I wanna borrow Chance for the day.”


Kagome stopped, all ill will evaporating for him as she blinked in confusion. “What?” she finally said. “You want to -borrow- Chance?”


“Yeah,” Inuyasha nodded and sheepishly scratched the back of his head.


“Why?”


“You don’t have to worry about him all day,” Inuyasha offered instead. “He’d be with me. We’d go for a walk in that new dog park across the city, we’d pick up women, we’d go eat ice cream and-“


“Wait a sec,” Kagome interrupted and held her hand up to stop him. “You want to borrow Chance. . .to pick up women? No.” She shook her head and turned to go into the kitchen when his hand reached out and grasped her elbow. She gasped in surprise. ‘When did he get so close?’ she asked herself as Inuyasha released her and began to poke the tips of his index fingers together. “Um...”


“Look, I’ll come clean with ya,” Inuyasha proposed with a deep sigh. “It’s Sesshoumaru. He’s coming back later on tonight and-“


“He is?” Kagome gaped, unaware of Chance’s sudden attention to the conversation. “How do you know? When did he-“


“He called me this morning, before I came up here,” Inuyasha answered hurriedly. “But look, the reason I want to keep Chance for the night is-“


“Wait, you want to keep him all night?” Kagome interrupted yet again. “Why?” She watched as he sighed again and looked away.


“Sesshoumaru. . .is terrified of dogs.”


“What?” Kagome whispered softly. Chance seemed to balk at this, but padded to her side and sat down at her feet. “Are you sure? Since when?”


“When we were younger, this great big dog attacked me,” Inuyasha replied shamefully. He’d spent the earlier part of the morning practicing this speech and, despite having perfected it in his bathroom mirror, he knew that actually saying it to Kagome would be worlds different.


“I wasn’t paying attention to where I was, or what I was doing. This dog came out of nowhere and Sesshoumaru saved me. I turned out fine as you can see.” He groaned when Kagome rolled her eyes, his version of fine and her version obviously differed. “But Sesshoumaru never fully got over it.”


“Wasn’t he the one who put Chance on my cousins’ back porch?” Kagome wondered aloud. “Why did he do that if-“ She gaped again at Inuyasha’s meaningful stare. “Oh wow,” she breathed in amazement. “I-I didn’t know. I mean, I just thought-“


“He really wants to see you, and I’m not asking for you to choose between them,” Inuyasha quickly replied when the sharp pang of guilt began to reflect in her aura. “I just wanted to you know-“


“No, I understand.” She kneeled down and scratched behind Chance’s ear, her gaze thoughtful as she looked into his golden orbs. “What do you think Chance? Are you willing to go with the big bad baby over there?”


Chance woofed, stood up and wagged his tail even as Inuyasha crowed in protest.


“There ya go,” Kagome laughed. “I would give you some of his stuff, but seeing how his stuff is gone...” She stopped herself before she could get choked up, and waved away Inuyasha’s concern. “Anyway, let me get my purse. You’re going to need a leash and maybe a bed, and-“


“No, don’t worry about it,” Inuyasha said as he crossed the living room floor and pushed the elevator’s call button. “I’ll get all that stuff. Besides, knowing you you’d want a bright pink, girly leash with rhinestones and lace and crap. No self respecting guy would be caught dead with something like that.”


“Get out of my apartment,” Kagome giggled and tossed one of the couch’s pillows at him. He ducked into the elevator with Chance close behind him. “And be a very bad boy Chance!”


“Aww come on!” she heard Inuyasha call out behind the elevator doors. “That’s sabotage!”


(II)


Inuyasha stood at the head of the large conference room table and waited, dark orbs reflecting slightly in the polished wooden table as the room continued to surge with nervous chatter. The managers of all the stores in the mall, all two hundred and eight of them, were either standing or sitting in the massive room that Inuyasha reserved for just this sort of occasion. He cleared his throat slightly and smirked when the noise began to fade into quiet.


“Welcome to our monthly meeting,” Inuyasha began clearly. “First of all, before we get started, let’s welcome the managers of our newest stores, The Chocolate Brigade, Electronic Haven, and Leaping Tiger Sporting Goods.” The three unit managers waved their hands while the others clapped, a shy but appreciate smile on the lips of the Chocolate Brigade’s young manager, and quieted when Inuyasha began to speak again.


“Profits for the mall itself are better than they’ve ever been,” Inuyasha said and pointed toward a set of charts. “Sales and mall traffic are up considerably since April of last year and I have to say, I think the skating rink we put on the first floor is one of the reasons why. Unfortunately. . .maintenance for the rink is the reason why the rental fees are going up.” He frowned at the muttered groans that suddenly flooded the room and sighed.


“The rate increase will not be much,” he replied over the noise. “A mere fifteen percent is more than enough to keep you’re pockets happy and take care of the rink, plus fund a few of the seasonal projects we have in mind to attract more business.”


“What about those that hold the five year fixed contracts?” someone said from the back of the group.


Inuyasha sighed again. “They’ll still have their old rates, but those contracts expire at end of September or the beginning of November.” Inuyasha listened to the mutter to themselves and at times had to fight back a comment or a growl when someone chose to call him an unkind name. He chose instead to gesture toward the open doorway, Aoshi’s deep blue orbs shimmering in barely veiled amusement before he disappeared.


“Oh, and if there isn’t anything else,” Inuyasha interrupted the muttering of the crowd. “There is someone I’d like you to meet.” Aoshi reappeared and entered the room, his form hunched over slightly as he led Sesshoumaru into the room by his leash. The astonished gasps that came from the group was surprisingly funny and Inuyasha had to nearly bite through his tongue to keep from collapsing into hysterical giggles.


“This,” Inuyasha said as Sesshoumaru sat by his right leg. “Is Chance, and he’s the helper of a young lady that lives on one of the upper floors. The vest he’s wearing-“ He gestured toward the black doggie vest strapped to ‘Chance’s back. “Isn’t a fashion statement. If he comes into your shop please be kind enough to help him out. He’ll come with instructions so you won’t have to guess.” He waited for everyone’s nod of agreement and dismissed the meeting, his lips turned in a barely held smirk as each human avoided the mammoth white canine.


‘Must you gain enjoyment from such trivial things?’ Sesshoumaru griped once everyone was long gone. Inuyasha shrugged and grinned happily.


“You know what they say,” he said as Aoshi came back into the room. “Everyone’s got to get his jollys from somewhere.”


(III)


She’d thought about it all day, wracking her brain as she attempted to do her paper work. Her mind had pursued little else, leaving paperwork half done and a slight headache forming behind her eyes. She’d even went so far as to ask Sango for advice on what she should do to thank Sesshoumaru and even now she was having trouble with Sango’s answer.


“I still can’t believe she said that,” Kagome groaned as the light ahead of her turned red. She downshifted to a stop and waited patiently, her demeanor much calmer than the rest of her rush-hour companions. “Jeez, I expect some changes from being married to the pervert but good grief.”


She cleared her mind though, and stopped to pick up a few groceries before returning home. Kagome walked through the mall’s lobby happily, a wistful and plotting grin on her lips as she passed a couple of stores to the elevator. She stopped steps from the elevator, blue orbs rounded in awe as she gazed into a nearby store window. She gaped at the dress on display for a moment, then grinned and turned around.


“Any problem Higurashi-san?”


“Ah!!”


“ ;Oh, please forgive me,” Ryo, the security guard, grinned apologetically as Kagome gasped and struggled to calm herself. “I didn’t mean to frighten you. I merely wanted to know if you needed assistance.”


“Um, no,” Kagome waved off with a bright smile. “I just saw something I really liked in the window. I guess I wasn’t paying attention.”


Ryo glanced toward the display window and whistled approvingly. “That’s quite the dress Higurashi-san. Are you planning on buying it?”


“Yeah, after I take these bags to my-“


“I will do that,” Ryo interrupted and had the plastic white grocery bags in his hands before she could protest. “You go on in and buy the dress. I’ll make sure these get to your apartment.”


“No, you don’t have to-“


“I know that,” he replied with a small grin. “But I want to. It’s not problem, really.”


“Well, ok then.” She watched as the guard walked toward the elevator, then smiled and happily bounced into the store.


()



Sesshoumaru-the human version-boarded the elevator quickly, his narrowed hazel orbs briefly landing on his brother’s grinning form before disappearing behind the elevator’s shiny metallic doors. ‘The hanyou is planning something,’ he remarked to himself as the elevator began it’s snail’s assent to the top floor and Kagome’s apartment. He was well aware of some of the goings on of the day, having seen Ryo leave Kagome’s grocery bags in Inuyasha’s private office. He and Inuyasha stopped to talk momentarily before Ryo returned to his station and Inuyasha took Kagome’s belongings to her place.


Tonight Inuyasha practically pestered the fur from his back, insisting that he dress in a certain way that made sense only to the hanyou in question. Sesshoumaru relented reluctantly, figuring that in the grand scheme of things that it didn’t really matter what he wore so long as Inuyasha left him alone. They spent an hour arguing about what Sesshoumaru considered to be frivolous, unimportant matters before settling into the business matters of the company’s goings on. They agreed to stop at nine o’ clock to retire for the evening. Inuyasha stepped off the elevator first and gave Sesshoumaru a sly wink and a knowing smirk before going further into his own apartment.


‘Foolish halfling,’ Sesshoumaru growled to himself, then stopped once the elevator doors open. His senses, heightened to near-youkai sensitivity since meeting the young social worker, caught the scent of something burning almost instantly. A sudden roar and a startled scream broke through his stupor and he was off, delicately scenting the air as he ran through the living room toward the kitchen. The scene that awaited him startled him at first, then Kagome’s fearful scent sliced through the smoke and the flames. She was curled against the mirrored wall, her head in her hands as smoke continued to pour from the stove. Sesshoumaru glanced to her for a moment before crossing the room toward the fire.


She had been trying to do two things at once, a typical Kagome act if there ever was one. The concept of cooking and getting ready wasn’t exactly hard for her. She’d attempted far more but tonight her nervousness caused her to slack just a bit. She was just finishing her hair when the sudden smell of burning rice slapped her, but there was a lot more burning by the time she reached the kitchen. Kagome turned one burner off, then turned to reach the other when the chicken she was sauteing suddenly burst into flames. She froze, memories of the fire flashing rapidly in her mind’s eye. She had no memory of anything after that, nor was she aware when Sesshoumaru slammed the glass lid over the flaming pan, jerked the fire extinguisher from underneath the counter and doused the few flames that managed to latch onto the counter.


The smoke was black and choking, and Sesshoumaru fanned the air in front of him as he struggled to take in a clean breath. Sesshoumaru picked up the phone when it began to ring and assured the security staff downstairs that everything was fine. He also assured them that assistance wasn’t needed before hanging up and turning toward Kagome, who hadn’t moved or said a word since he came in.


“Kagome,” he called softly as he dragged a nearby dining room chair across the room. “”Kagome are you alright?” A whimper, pitiful and meek, was his answer and he sat the chair in front of her, then hooked his hands underneath her arms and lifted her to her bare feet. He attempted to see to any injuries but was stopped when she began to fight him, dark ringlets shivering violently as she struggled in his grasp. “Kagome, stop it!” he growled and gave her a fierce shake, one that brought tear-fulled sapphire orbs to his own calm gaze.


“Kagome,” Sesshoumaru breathed softly when she began to cry. “What happened?”


“I-I’m so so-so-sorry,” she sobbed brokenly, her head bowed in shame. She attempted to cover her face with her hands and frowned when Sesshoumaru kept her wrists firmly clasped in his hands.


“You will not hide from me, little miko,” he commanded gently. Kagome’s sadness overwhelmed him then and he sat down, drawing calming circles in the palms of her hands while he waited for her to explain once she calmed down.


“I’m such a baby,” she finally whispered with a hiccup.


“I do not believe so,” Sesshoumaru assured her with another sweep across her palms. “Tell me what happened.”


She shook her head, an attempt to clear the cobwebs inside, and sighed. “I just. . .I don’t know what happened. It was the smoke, and the flames, and I remembered thinking about Chance an-“ She choked up then, her eyes screwed shut despite the tears that continued to fall from them. “I-“


“Silence.” Sesshoumaru used his handkerchief to dry her cheeks, his gentle dabbing soothing as she spent out her fright.


“I’m so sorry Sesshoumaru,” Kagome apologized again.


“Whatever for?”


“I ruined the kitchen.” They glanced back to the smoldering cabinets, the beautiful wood now blackened beyond repair.


“That is but a simple thing to fix,” he assured her once he finally released her hands. “What matters most is that you are safe and unhar-” He glanced down now that she was calmed and nearly lost his breath, his surprise at finding her so unclothed enough to startle him out of whatever it was he planned to say next. She apparently rushed to the kitchen in the middle of dressing, as she stood now in her underclothes.


He’d seen the black lacy pair of boyshorts before, seeing as how they were one of her favorite pairs of panties, but the strapless bra was new, the solid black bra making the contents within appear as if they were being presented to him as divine gifts. Straps wound from her back to snake around her mid-section, the clasp at the end of the stretchy strips of fabric settled nicely against her tummy. The overall effect complimented her naturally hourglass figure and the bra itself made her look like an ancient gladiator. . .


Very dangerous. . .


And very alluring.


He reached out without thinking, his fingertips ghosting lightly over the smoothness of her side as she continued to sniff and mumble apologies. Sesshoumaru watched his fingers move, riveted as goosebumps began to trail behind his fingertips. He found that he couldn’t take his hands away, his right hand having found purchase on her left hip to hold her steady. There was something about Kagome that pleased him, the inu side of him that Kikyou thought to be long since locked away. The beast wanted and though his determination was strong, Sesshoumaru could only last for so long, even as the gentle scrape of his nails brought a shaky gasp from his willing victim.


“Wait.”


Sesshoumaru blinked, honey orbs slightly confused when delicate fingers firmly grasped his left wrist. He looked up and found Kagome blushing, the rosy hue dusted along her flushed cheeks as she stared further into the room around them.


“Why?”


“I-“ Jeez, what could she say? Just exactly how could she say anything with those eyes of his, those drops of amber that seemed to smirk impishly at her. ‘Forget that,’ Kagome sighed when she finally looked at him. ‘He is smirking at me. . .though that look is anything but malicious. . .’


His nose twitched slightly as the scent of her arousal began to perfume the air, but he chose to wait as she asked and listen to whatever it was she had to say.


“Well. . .I’m not a super model.”


She missed his clueless gaze.


“And I’m not a great beauty either. As a matter of fact-“


And here was where he stopped listening. After all, he had no real idea what a super model was, or why she insisted on comparing herself to one. She was confessing something that Sesshoumaru knew all along; that all humans had flaws though it was the flaws of this human that he found to be endearing. One such flaw included the birthmark right above her bellybutton, a little patch of light freckles that were dusted along her skin like the scattering of stars.


Sesshoumaru continued to ignore her, choosing instead to make little circles with his thumb along her left side.


Kagome barely noticed.


He marveled at her skin and her scent, both reminding him of the dewy petals of a newly bloomed rose. That same hand moved slowly along her skin until it rested against the small of her back, the delicately feminine curve that left him wondering what it would taste like if he were to choose to find out. Sesshoumaru gently nudged her forward until she stood directly between his bent knees, his eyes only briefly stopping on her heart-shaped face surrounded by a beautifully dark cloud of curls and waves, before leaning forward to place a soft, open-mouthed kiss on that same splattering of stars.


She froze, the words dying in her mouth as her world suddenly tipped on its axis. She had been trying to explain why he shouldn’t be attracted to her, why he should be attracted to someone else. . .but apparently he didn’t agree. Lovely sapphire orbs gazed heavenward, then glazed over as his tongue drew lazy shapes over her tummy. She could do nothing but stand there, her right hand clutching the fabric of his suit jacket as he continued his attentions further up her skin. His mouth was impossibly hot against her chilled flesh, and insistent as his breath stoked the flames that his tongue sparked to life.


It was when she began to squirm in his arms that he stopped, a satisfied smirk on his thin lips as he waited for her to catch her breath. “Sit in my lap, Kagome,” he commanded softly, his eyes shifting from honey to golden with each shifting of the moonlight that streamed in from the clear patio doors. She blinked stupidly, his effect on her still singing in her blood when she finally understood what he asked of her. Kagome blushed again but complied, briefly wondering to herself when she allowed him to order her around as he began to guide her toward him.


‘Hmnh! The nerve of this guy!’ she complained to herself as he adjusted her to his liking. ‘First he orders me to sit, then he wants me to do so as if I were some child visiting Santa Clause. Well I don’t think so!” She stopped him with a wave of her hand, a sweet little smile gracing her features as she stepped from between his knees and sighed. ‘Besides,’ she said to herself as she braced her hands on his shoulders.


‘I’m a woman of the twenty-first century after all, and if he wants me to sit then I’m going to do it how I want to do it.’


Sesshoumaru observed as a sort of determination flashed in her eyes as she looked down at him, her nervous smile strengthening before her right leg lifted, then stretched gracefully until he sat between her spread legs, and watched as she slowly sank down. It wasn’t long before they were face to face, smoldering sunlit orbs immersed in shy indigo blue. He bit back a groan when her little bottom bounced slightly in his lap, his eyes briefly closed while he indulged in her heat as it began to warm the thick fabric of his dark pants.


“Welcome,” he growled lightly, then groaned when she scooted closer to him. Her blush darkened but her smile widened, her hands sliding past his shoulders to twirl a strand of his dark hair between her fingers.


“Glad to be here.”


*

His brow quirked at her smile, the sudden mischievousness coming from a creature that was normally so shy surprising. Her inner workings began to turn again, the gears that made up her mind whirling to life as his brief slip of control replayed in her mind.


‘That little sound, and all I did was move so I wouldn’t fall and embarrass myself,’ Kagome thought as she continued wrapping his hair around her index finger. ‘I wonder. . .what more could he do?’ Her blush was profound and she couldn’t believe the turn her thoughts had taken.



Meanwhile, while Kagome was busy traversing her thoughts, Sesshoumaru was slowly spreading his thighs, honey orbs watching with lecherous fascination as she slowly sank down, her hips sliding against his until she finally sat on the chair’s soft cushion. The friction left them both breathless, the little groan that left her parted lips musical to his ears as he buried his nose in her long dark hair. She clutched his shoulders almost desperately, sapphire orbs hazy, yet curious as she waited for what he would do next. His hands were large, so much larger than her own, and she watched as those hands slowly caressed her outer thighs. His lips brushed against her throat and she whimpered, her senses flooded as his lips and hands continued to travel.



Sesshoumaru drank in her ever-changing scent like water, the arousal threaded within clawing its way into his very being with each brush of his skin against hers. Kagome was cool against his fevered skin and he relished it, holding as close as she would allow as his hands moved from her thighs to the small of her back. She arched her back in response, another of those delightful moans breathed into his ear while his fingers glided over the dark straps crossed over her back.


Kagome’s eyes opened when his lips touched her jaw, his lips following the delicate curve until he reached the corner of her mouth. “Sesshoumaru,” she began when he finally looked at her. “I-“

She gasped, her back ramrod straight as his nails raked across her lower back. She expected the pain, but the white hot rush that followed caught her completely off-guard. Her thighs clenched in reflex, her head back and her eyes fluttering as desire washed over her. The nerves at her back continued to sing painfully and even though she knew that there would probably be marks there in the morning. . .


She couldn’t wait for him to do it again.


Sesshoumaru smirked at her, his eyes coldly confidant as she seemed to freeze in his arms. He hadn’t meant to scratch her so hard, but he couldn’t resist once his fingers settled on that little part of her landscape. ‘She seems to have enjoyed it,’ he reasoned in amusement. Her scent spiked so fiercely that he froze, tumbling toward a fragrant heaven that only her scent could have created. It left him dizzy and dumbfounded, so much so that when she grasped his hair and jerked him toward her he barely noticed.


Kagome initiated their kiss but it was Sesshoumaru who domineered over it, his mouth first calming her frenzied attempts before fully tasting her, his tongue slowly exploring her mouth. She swooned, unable to do more except hold him closer, as he nibbled lightly on her lower lip. He licked the offended bit of flesh tenderly, soothingly, until she once again opened herself to him. He coaxed her tongue into play, encouraging her shy participation with growls and moans of his own.


He didn’t stop when she called his name, but he did pause when she turned away from his attentions. He stopped, watching her as she reached for a lock of his hair. Her face was flushed, her breathing deep and quick, and he couldn’t help the proud quirk of his brow when she finally looked at him. “Do you want me to stop?” he asked and watched as she shook her head, still too breathless to but her answer into words.


“Then I suggest we take this someplace else.” He grasped her thighs and stood up, her ‘eep’ of surprise causing a gentle chuckle while he assured himself of his grip. He walked down the hallway toward her room, somehow managing to resume their kiss as he walked through the threshold. He set her down as gently as he could considering how impatient he was suddenly feeling. He barely noticed the dark sheets underneath her, his eyes fixated on hers as she scooted to the center of the bed. He unbuttoned his jacket quickly and was in the process of tossing it aside when he caught the subtle movement of her eyes. He smirked again, this time with the look of the devil in his eyes, and removed his tie before stalking across the bed toward her.


“Remove my shirt.”


“Wha?” was her surprised answer, once again blinking stupidly as he watched her. He propped himself up on his hands and waited, inwardly laughing as she stared up at him in confusion. “You want me to w-“


“Undress me. Whenever you’re ready of course.”


‘Of course. Right. . .’ But, as Kagome lay there, her gaze moving from his eyes to his lips and back again, she couldn’t help the idea that suddenly blossomed. Sure, she was a virgin but she was far from naive. ‘Besides,’ she said to herself as she sat up and grasped Sesshoumaru’s shoulders for balance. ‘There have to be some benefits for having a pervert for a cousin.’


He expected her to continue to blush- which she did- and begin stuttering-which she sorta did- but never would he have expected her to take her lips and begin to work the first button of his dress shirt free. She continued, a smirk of her own on her full rose pink lips as she slowly worked her way down his shirt. She used her hands to hold herself steady, nearly hanging from his powerful form as her teeth settled on the third button. She held it steady, ignoring the bland taste of fabric and listened, truly listened, both to the rapid beat of his heart and his slight groans he made each time her tongue ‘accidentally’ brushed against his smooth, hairless chest.


‘This,’ Sesshoumaru said to himself before she latched onto nipple through his shirt. ‘May not have been the best idea. Who knew the miko could be so clever. . .’


Kagome felt his groan more than heard it but ignored it in favor of her current attentions, her tongue lavishing and attentive while her fingers continued the task at hand. She pulled the shirttails free from his pants, quickly shoved his shirt aside and latched onto his chest with renewed fervor.


His growl was earthshattering, the vibrations quaking all the way to her core. Kagome was momentarily shell-shocked, blue orbs wide as Sesshoumaru suddenly pushed her back to the bed. He opened the clasp of her bra with a flick of his index finger, then used her shock to grasp her wrists in his hand and hold them above her head. “Sesshoumaru, what are you-“ She cried out, both in shock and desire as he returned the favor, his mouth warm and insistent as he gave her the attention she so deserved. His shirt was tossed to the floor, as were his shoes and pants though Kagome was too busy to notice.


She jolted when he moved, his lips crossing from one nipple to another while his hand caressed the one left behind. She whimpered pleadingly, her bottom lip wedged between her teeth and grasped his hand in hers. His free hand crept slowly downward, past her bellybutton and into the waistband of her panties. Kagome gaped, ready to resist, when he removed her bottom lip from her teeth and placed it between his own. He released her hands, needing both to slide her panties from her hips. Sesshoumaru paused briefly, long enough to ensure himself that she wanted to continue before slipping a finger past the little whorl of dark curls and between her slick folds.


Kagome jolted as if electrocuted, her legs turning to instant jelly as the first wave of intense pleasure rippled throughout her body. She couldn’t think, couldn’t see, couldn’t do anything but feel as his fingers brought her closer to something. . .


“Please,” she begged when Sesshoumaru withdrew his hand. “Don’t stop.”


He merely smiled down at her, the moonlight from outside giving his eyes an animalistic golden sheen, and began to lick his fingers. He moved slowly, pinning her with his eyes as he lapped up every last drop of her essence. He savored the taste of her, a taste that compared to nothing else. Each droplet set fire to his blood, his heightened senses soaring as her frantic heartbeat pounded in his ears.


Kagome watched as he cleaned his fingers, oddly bright eyes at half mass as his tongue darted against each long digit. Each stroke of his tongue tightened a hidden spring deep within her. He kissed her then, and she thought briefly to turn her head away as her prudish side recoiled in disgust. She shoved that bit of her aside and returned the kiss eagerly, a brief note to herself that she didn’t taste as bad as she thought, and pulled him to lie on top of her.


“Sesshoumaru,” she moaned in his ear when he began his ministrations beneath her ear. “Please. . .”


He stopped, then sat up, his gaze watchful as she lust-clouded orbs gazed back at him. “Are you sure?” he asked and hissed when her legs opened, her heady scent intensifying in a near tangible cloud around his head. Sesshoumaru inhaled deeply, drunkenly, as Kagome moved her legs to either side of him and pulled down.


“I’m sure.”


He nodded, his eyes closed, as he sank down and she felt his arousal for the first time. He was big, larger than she would have guessed and scalding hot against the sensitive skin of her inner thigh. Kagome felt fear for only a second, then relaxed and waited for him to continue.


“It will hurt,” Sesshoumaru warned her and was promptly thanked with an all knowing huff.


“I know.”


He smirked at her impatience but began, pushing slowly until the tip of him lay nestled within the entrance to her warmth. Her hips rolled reflexively, pushing him deeper inside her as she breathed a gentle moan into his ear. His next thrust was deep and he barely noticed when he tore through her innocence. He stopped at her gasp, her eyes open as the sharp pain came. . .and went without any of the fanfare she was expecting.


“Are you alright?” he asked gruffly, his voice gravely and strained as he struggled to be still. Kagome blinked, her brow furrowing in confusion before giving her hips a test roll. The result was exquisite, her vision blinded as a growl sounded from someplace in the room.


He hadn’t meant to growl, but couldn’t help himself. Never, not in eight hundred years of living, had Sesshoumaru ever felt anything as amazing as the pleasure his little miko gave him in one shy move. He gazed at her face, unaware of the crimson that was slowly bleeding into the whites of his eyes, and assured himself before slowly pulling away from her. Kagome moaned in protest, the feeling of being stretched to her limit only to be emptied was distressing. He lifted her hips, sharp fingernails digging into the flesh of her hips, and slammed back into place.


Kagome groaned with each thrust, wave after wave of something intense sang over her heated skin. It tingled over her body, skittered over her face and surged from his grip to her hips and back again as she grasped the sheets, his wrists, anything that seemed stable as tripped and tumbled closer to her edge.


Sesshoumaru watched her, each thrust mind-shattering as he stroked something deep within her body. His head fell forward, his forehead resting on her shoulder and crimson orbs tightly shut. She whispered four words, her deep, impassioned tone his undoing.


“Harder. . .faster. . .deeper. . .please. . .”


Sesshoumaru complied eagerly and soon the only sounds in the room were her cries and his growls of pleasure, and the sound of skin slapping wetly against skin. He felt like a god in her arms, his eyes opening only to watch as she kissed his sweat-slick shoulders. He listened to her pleas for him not to stop, that phrase and his name tumbling from her mouth like a prayer as the last threads of his control snapped and she tumbled over her edge. Kagome’s back bowed sharply, enough to lift them both from the bed.

Kagome shuddered downward, her descent marked when a sharp pain came from her shoulder. She cried out sharply, surprised, and glared at Sesshoumaru when he laughed.


“Just what’s so funny?” she asked as he slipped out of her and rolled over onto his back. He shrugged, his hands finding purchase on her hips once again as golden eyes smirked up at her.


“Nothing my dear miko,” he groaned as he impaled her on his length. “Nothing at all.”


()


Hours had passed, hours that; to Kagome; felt like days in one instant and seconds in another. Moonlight streamed in from the enormous windows at the side of her bed, her earlier embarrassment at having forgotten to close them now gone once new delights and endeavors came into play. The silvery shimmer seemed trapped in her gaze as if it were liquid mercury, the metallic pools of light briefly disappearing as she sighed and closed her eyes.


She glanced down at a tightened at her hip and smiled, then ran her fingers through the dark locks cascading from her stomach and over her right side. Sesshoumaru slept unawares, his right arm draped lazily over her hips. She winced when his hand tightened again, his nails sharp against her sensitive skin.


“Ow,” she hissed, but giggled and moved his hand further down her leg. “That hurts you overgrown pug.” He grunted, then sank his teeth into the hip on the other side. She jerked in surprise and moved to push him away when he let go, leaving her with a lick and a moist kiss in apology. Kagome shook her head and continued to play with his hair while her mind replayed their lovemaking from hours before.


‘I. . .I’m not a virgin anymore,’ was her first thought. She blushed and giggled again, her free hand over her lips to muffle the sound. Her body still tingled, even now as they lay tangled in the dark sheets of her bed. The down comforter had long since been kicked off the foot of the bed, its warmth oppressive in the heat that had surged between them. Now it was his body heat that kept her warm, even now as he began to tug her further down the bed. She allowed it, knowing that he wouldn’t hurt her, and relaxed as his arms wrapped around her waist. Her back was firmly pressed to his chest and his head rested on the pillow beneath them.


‘He’s so spoiled,’ she laughed and kissed his cheek. ‘But he’s gentle when he wants to be. And funny. And smart. And. . .’ She turned in his arms, his loosening only to allow the slight movement before tightening once again. She raised herself until her lips rested against his ear, her breasts pressed against his chest, and whispered,


“I think. . .I might love you.”


(End Chapter)

SF: (getting up off the floor) Whew! That was close. Anyway, for those that care, Kagome and Sesshou finall-


Kagome: (blushing still) Please don’t SF. I can’t believe you had us do that.

SF: ; - ) But you know you liked it. . .(laughs) Anyway, I’m going to try to squeeze in one more lemon-


Silver: Oh God. More work.


SF: That’s right. I’m going to try to do one more before this story turns another curve. The summary for the next chapter is below. Oh, and for those that are on Fanfiction.net, please make sure to read the Author’s Note at the top of the page.


Next chapter summary: We leave Kagome and Sesshoumaru for a chapter and follow the fox prince on his day to day activities. From early morning breakfast, fights in the playground and other unexpected surprises we learn that everything is connected in the round and round of all that is.


Next Chapter: Chapter Thirty-Three: Fox Day Afternoon


(I’m sure you guys recognize the title for the next chapter, but do you recognize the last sentence at the end of the summary? I’ll give you a hint: He’s the man behind the movie Phantoms.)


#14