InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Now I am back in school, and already I've done atleast four pages of Algebra 1 homework. But anyways, that has nothing to do with this story. I'm glad that you guys seem to like it, and here I'll hopefully answer some more questions. Anyways, thanks for all the reviews and read on!

 

Second Chance

Chapter Four

Dreams

 

"She is my daughter, Kagome. Yuki has the right to know her heritage." he stated quietly, staring down his mate that stood infront of him. Kagome just glared back at him, not at all fazed by his cold exterior.

 

"You're right, she is your daughter, but she is mine as well. When she gets older I will give her the Shikon No Tama, and then she can learn of her heritage. You have to hide in this time, I only hope that she looks more human than demon." she replied, sighing gently at the end. The youkai infront of her sighed as well, his sign that she had won for the time being.

 

A small bundle was in the youkai's arms, but carefully he handed his daughter over to her mother. He could already see her demon traits, even though she was only a few months old. A small smile graced his features before he turned to leave, glancing back at his mate as he reached the door.

 

"I will return, you have my word, Kagome. Yuki will have a home and a secure future when I'm done. You will always have me, no matter what time I reside in.."

 

And then he was gone...

 

Yuki quickly sat up on the futon, her breathing quick as her hand grasped the jewel around her neck. Another dream....why does the Jewel of Four Souls show me these things? she thought to herself as she got up. Dark eyes flitted around the room, making sure everyone was asleep, before their owner started out of the hut.

 

Amber eyes followed the female hanyou, his features proud as he stood up as well. His footsteps were silent as he walked down the well worn path that led to the Goshinboku.

 

"Why father? You left four years ago, and yet you have not returned.."

 

Her soft voice sounded like heaven to his ears as he watched her. Yuki's hand was resting against the trunk of the tree, her eyes focused on the ground. From where he was standing, he could see the forlorn look in her eyes.

 

"Is that why you came here?" he asked, his voice flowing over her. She visibly jumped, and he knew that he'd startled her without meaning to.

 

"I came here....because the future is not my home...I'm different than everyone else, that should be easy enough to see." she replied, turning to look at him. In that moment, he could see his future in her eyes, a future that he longed internally to have.

 

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" his mate asked, her voice soft as she stared down at the small bundle in her arms. A smile appeared on his face as his clawed hand brushed over her cheek.

 

"What shall we name her?" he replied, turning his amber eyes to meet the sapphire ones of his love. Kagome smiled as she handed their daughter to him, a thoughtful look in her eyes.

 

"How about Yuki?"

 

"Yuki....Yuki Inochi Higurashi..." he stated, nodding his head with his words.

 

Sesshomaru stepped towards the girl, his face emotionless, but his eyes holding something unknown. Yuki turned back to look at the Goshinboku, her hand sliding down the trunk before it fell away.

 

"What about your Mother?"

 

"Mom? She loves me and everything, but I was always closer to my father. He's a demon, and I'm part of what he is..." she replied, turning to look at him once again. She has her mother's eyes....only traces of her father can be seen... he thought to himself, his eyes darkening as he continued towards her. The taiyoukai stopped just a few inches away from her, his eyes now trained on the Goshinboku.

 

He could still remember, just as clearly as thought it was yesterday. Sixteen years ago to the day he had said goodbye to Kagome at this very spot. He could still remember her words, as well as his, and the feelings were just as strong.

 

"He doesn't love you anymore, Kagome. Do not let him deceive you with his lies." he stated, dark amber drowning in beautiful sapphire. Kagome only nodded, giving him a weak smile.

 

"I know, Sesshomaru. Last night..I saw him again with Kikyo..He made a promise to both of us, but in the end he will only keep his promise to her." she replied, earning a look of sympathy from the taiyoukai. Sesshomaru sighed as he stepped closer to her, his clawed hand cupping her cheek gently.

 

"Wait for me in your time, I will come. This is a promise I will keep, my word I would never break. Do you understand?"

 

The youkai lord asked, his eyes shining with an unknown emotion. The miko smiled before she leaned up, brushing her lips against his for a moment before she pulled away.

 

"I understand, Sesshomaru. I will wait for you.."

 

A fleeting smile appeared on his features before he leaned down, kissing her gently as the wind blew and the sakura blossoms swirled around them.

 

"Your mother, she meant something to me. I had always had a deep hatred for ningen, and yet my heart started to accept them when Rin became my ward. Almost six years later, Kagome found a way into my heart as well. Fighting side by side with her and my brother made me realize that I had held a grudge over a woman who was long dead and a man who loved both of them. When father mated again, I always felt like he was betraying my mother's memory, but now I seem to understand that better. He was not betraying no one, and the only crime he comitted was not being able to spend more time with his two sons." he stated, watching the emotions displayed on Yuki's face.

 

She seemed to understand him, and it was then that he noticed the small smile appearing on her face. Maybe they are not so different after all... she thought to herself as she looked up at him. She hesitated a moment before she threw herself into his arms, wrapping hers tightly around his waist. Sesshomaru held back for a moment before he wrapped his own arms loosely around her waist.

 

Is this what I've been missing? Is this what it's like to love?

 

Gwg: I think this is the longest chapter I have for this story yet, but anyways for anyone wondering about the sheath at her side mentioned earlier in the story the answer to that is in the next chapter. This was written in the span of about...I would say 30 minutes while I listened to a few different cds. I hope to get some more reviews, and any questions that you guys would like to ask. I'm sorry if Sesshy seemed alittle OCC in this chapter, but he'll be back to his cold and callous self in the next chapter. Until then though, ja ne.