InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Past ❯ For a Son ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: For a Son

Nintashiro hid in a nearby tree and listened to the conversation between his mother and Jaken.
"How could you, mother?" He thought to himself, "It is time I show her that I am a man and not a little boy anymore."
As Jaken and Rin continued along the path, Nintashiro followed. He made sure to keep himself carefully hidden. Nintashiro wanted to see his father, and no one, not even his beloved mother, was going to stop him this time. He was so intent on secretly following Jaken, that he did not notice the large bee-like creature following him.


Sesshomaru hid among a small copse of trees watching a group of human women gather flowers on the field. He had no concern for the humans. He wished they would go away before Jaken and Rin arrived.
He fingered the flute tied to his obi . He was having nightmares again. The nightmares made him feel weak, and he could not have that. The memory of her, the morning of the siege on his father's winter palace. He remembered running to her apartments to find them splattered with blood. Some of the blood was hers. He could not tell which of the bits and pieces were part of her. The attackers had rended all of the bodies into pieces so small, it was hard to tell what piece belonged to whom. Some of the demons had devoured their prey whole. While others spun webbing around their drugged prey and carried them off to devour later. He had managed to kill all the enemy remaining there.
They were the same demons who had razed HER family's estate to the ground, leaving her an orphan. He had saved her then. The dokufu had allied themselves with Inutaisho's enemies, who were angered at his betrothal to her.
"Why do these memories come back to haunt me now. I have no need to dwell on the past."
He thought of Rin. Why had he been so kind to that human child? He had one of those nightmares the night before he found her. Rin's eyes, and her smile reminded him of her. He had hoped that having Rin around would help him to rid himself of these painful memories. He was wrong. They were only getting worse.
He turned his nose to smell the air.
"Perhaps this was not a good place to reunite with them, I still smell Naraku somewhere near."
Sesshomaru looked across the meadow at an outcropping of rocks. He could have sworn he saw movement there.
"That is where one of Naraku's dolls is hiding." He said to himself as he slowly crept among the trees towards the outcropping.
There was something about Naraku's scent that reminded him of those demons from so long ago. He remembered as he woke to find the female dokufu standing over his bed, its fangs dripping with the vile poison. It had crept into his bedchamber, hoping to implant one of its fertilized eggs into Sesshomaru's abdomen before he could wake. He killed the demon with his claws before it could use its stinger on him. Many of his father's servants became hosts to dokufu eggs, eaten alive from the inside once the hatchling burrowed out.
Sesshomaru shook himself so he could concentrate on what he was doing. He had to find where Naraku was before Jaken arrived.


Rin skipped along the path with Jaken close behind. She stopped when the path forked in two directions. One path was narrow and nearly overgrown.
"Jaken, which way do we go?"
"We need to go on the narrow path on the right. The left path leads to the village. Sesshomaru will not be in the village. The other one goes around, leading to the meadow. That is where Sesshomaru waits for us."
"All right. I want to get to see Sesshomaru sama. Lets take the right path."
"That is what I just said."
Nintashiro saw which path they were taking, and knew exactly where it lead. He knew of a shortcut to the meadow they were heading. He would be able to see his father soon. He was nearly giddy with anticipation.


Kagome sat outside the shrine with Murasaki. Murasaki was instructing her on various types of demons, and the best ways to attack them.
"So many of the trees here are homes to bisan. bisan are tree dryads and tricksters that often take the forms of green or brown wasps."
"Partially right, Kagome, bisan and the tree are mates. The tree being the male, the bisan the female. They are not evil, but some do get mean spirited if someone harms their mate. The shrine itself was once the home of a bisan. The bisan was injured and I helped to care for her. Out of gratitude, the shrine tree made a home for me. The bisan, sadly, died of her injuries, but I made sure her body was enshrined in the tree. Her spirit watches over her mate and over me, because of my kindness."
"Perhaps that wasp you heard, Inuyasha, while you killed the henge-youkai, was one of the forest bisan. I have not sensed Naraku, any of his demons, or any of the shards near here. "
"Feh, I know what I smelled and I know what I heard, and it was no bisan. Bisan smell like honey or like that maple syrup you brought back with you when you wanted to show me what pancakes were."
"Inuyasha, Kagome, what kind of demon is this Naraku. I have never heard the name. Although I must admit I do not hear much. This shrine is pretty isolated."
"He's a hanyou, but he was once human. He took demons into his body when he was badly injured, and remade himself with their essence. He grows stronger by repeating the process." Kagome said.
"What does he look like? I need to know in case he comes to threaten this place."
"He looks human, but he wears the skins of a baboon. When he takes the skins off, he has black hair. On his back is a huge red tattoo of a spider, that he has never rid himself of."
Murasaki's eyes grew wide and she started to shake and whimper uncontrollably.
"What is the matter?"
"Inuyasha, I know you were very young, but do you remember the siege when you lost your mother?"


Nintashiro reached the meadow well ahead of Rin and Jaken. The side he was on was riddled with rocky outcroppings. It is why the humans built the road around. None could jump or climb high enough to reach the clearing. Nintashiro had no problem jumping from rock to rock. He had done this many times before. He loved the flowers in the meadow. He considered it a retreat from all of the work his mother constantly made him do. There, he could practice the sword without her scrutinizing his every move. He felt at peace there. Now, his father, whom he had never met, was going to be there, where he always felt such joy.
Naraku waited in his baboon skin coat for the youth that was heading his direction. He cursed himself for not realizing the youkai was Sesshomaru's son. If he had, he would have made this move much sooner. Making the move now was dangerous, but he was willing to take that risk.


"I don't remember, Murasaki. My mother was killed, and some youkai servant of father dragged me off. That's all I remember."
Murasaki let out a deep sigh, "Perhaps it is good you don't remember what happened. You were so young, and it was so horrible to see. But in light of what you have just told me about this Naraku, I am sorry, but I must remind you of it."
"Feh, almost everyone was killed, what else does it matter."
"It was the night I mated with Sesshomaru, the night Nintashiro was conceived. I could not sleep after our mating. Because Sesshomaru was sleeping, he was unaware how hard he bit my neck. I ached all over, partially because of the loss of my virginity, and partially because of the bruise that welled on my neck from the rough bite. I was bleeding all over my bed sheets. I could not sleep, so I went to the springs, outside your mother's apartments to bathe and soothe my aches. As I got out of the warm water and dressed, I heard a clicking sound and smelled something that did not fit in that place. It smelled of moldy earth and stone. I saw a ragged old man enter your mother's apartments. The old man did not see me because I was not supposed to be there. The clicking sound got louder and I heard your mother scream. I ran into her bedchamber. She was standing with an oil lamp, waving it in front of an enormous spider that seemed to be made of stone. You, Inuyasha, were standing in a corner trying to hide behind a small screen. Several of your father's servants, who heard the scream, came in to try and help your mother. The spider knocked the lamp out of your mother's hand, opened its enormous mouth and swallowed her whole. You screamed and started towards the spider. I grabbed you and ran out the door. Several servants clamored around us and whisked us away from the palace. The palace was covered with those spider demons. They were allies of your father's enemies. While your father was off fighting on the front, the spider demons, dokufu, invaded the palace to kill everyone there. I tried to escape, to run back to the palace to find Sesshomaru, but you clung to me, begging me not to leave. Do you understand me, Inuyasha. It was ME who saved your life, not just some servant of your father."
Inuyasha stared at Murasaki in a daze. Although his face remained rigid, tears were freely flowing down his cheeks.
"Inuyasha? Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, seeing the deep state of shock that Inuyasha was in.
"Mother, mother," he said in a childlike voice.
"Why did you tell him this!" Kagome said angrily, " What does this have to do with Naraku!"
"Some of the servants of Inutaitio had been infected by female dokufu. Female dokufu have a stinger that allows them to deposit eggs into a host. The stinger has a healing substance in it. So if a victim is asleep, and it places the egg in the abdomen, the wound heals, without the victim knowing he is infected. The servants insisted that Inuyasha and me be separated, in case the dokufu gave chase. In reality, the infected servants were separating us to make us easier to kill. In a matter of weeks, dokufu burst out of the servants' abdomens. I ran for my life.
Shortly after Nintashiro was born, a man called Onigumo came to me. He told me he had been infected by a dokufu. He begged me to help him remove the egg before it hatched, then heal and purify him. I did as he asked. It turned out that Onigumo was a servant of the dokufu. He tried to kill me. I used my powers to mark him with a tattoo of a spider on his back. He ran off shortly after that. It is part of the power of a dokufu egg to absorb a demon host. The dofuku is what gave him the ability to do that."
Kagome's eyes went wide.
Inuyasha went over to Murasaki and fell into her arms. "don't leave me," he said in a childlike voice.


Nintashiro crept up on the meadow. He saw a group of squealing human girls playing among the flowers. He sniffed around , trying to catch what could be his father's scent. What assaulted his nose smelt like dead, rotting demon. He jumped into the meadow, to scare the girls off. As he leapt, something grabbed his ankle and coiled around it, forcing him to nearly land on his face. He raised his head to see a silver haired youkai stand up in full view.
"Sesshomaru," The demon who had Nintashiro by the leg shouted," If you want this whelp to live, you will lay down your weapons. "
"What is that whelp to me?" Sesshomaru replied.
Nintashiro struggled against the tentacles that were winding around him. He grabbed his sword and hacked away at a few of them.
"Sesshomaru! Help me! Please, Father! Help me! FATHER!"
Sesshomaru looked at the youngster that was a near copy of himself, except for the boy's eyes. They were HER eyes. He stood there, slightly stunned. It could not be. It had to be a trick. Was it possible?
"PLEASE, FATHER! HELP ME! "
Sesshomaru reacted before he could think. Was this the answer the nightmares were trying to tell him?
"Naraku! Get away from that boy! "

Please review