InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets ❯ Fake Feelings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Kagome. Wake up or you'll be late for your meeting." Mrs. Higurashi said trying to wake her daughter. Kagome had slept at her family house the previous day and now it was time for her to be going to work.

"Five more minutes mom..."

"Kagome. Your apartment is on fire." Souta said as he passed by his sisters room.

"NO!!!." Kagome said getting up. She looked around to see an amused look on her moms face and the retreating back of Souta. "SOUTA YOU ARE SO DEAD." Kagome was about to run after her brother when her eyes fell on the alarm clock on her nightstand.

She raced towards her bathroom just barely missing crashing into Mrs. Higurashi. Taking a quick shower and getting dressed in a black suit with a knee length skirt. Blow drying her hair, she fixed it into a high ponytail and a put a little bit of eye shadow. In less then 30 minutes she was out of her room and heading towards the kitchen.

"Kagome. Eat something before you go to work." Mrs. Higurashi said looking at her daughter proudly.

"Later mom. I'll be late if i doodle around any longer. Bye. Lova ya. Later squirt." Kagome kissed her mom on the cheek and was once again out of the house and into her Mercedes Benz.

'Damnit. Even mom remembered the meeting. Oh why? Just why do I have to meet the other managers. I liked working in da shadows. Oh well, I think i should call in for being late.' Kagome thought as she drove towards the Takahashi corps.

*** Takahashi corps. ***

InuTaisho sat reading the report that was labeled urgent. Sesshoumaru had come to his office to talk to him about the report itself; accompanied by Inuyasha. Right now they both happened to be sitting in their dad's office waiting for him to finish going over the report.

"Sir. Family call on line 1" Rin's (his secretary) voice came in through the intercom.

Thinking it might be his wife he put the phone on the speaker, momentarily forgetting his sons were there. "Hello?" He said still reading the report.

"Hi dad." Kagome's voice floated in.

He looked at the phone and then moved back into his chair. "hello, my darling. And just how are you today?"

"I'm good. Look dad I might be a little late today. I ended up going to my family home last night and yea..."

"That could only mean that you had nothing to do on your day off. Meaning your date with your boyfriend was cancelled."

"No..."

"Are you lying to me?" He said faking a gasp with a smile on his face.

"No.. ok fine. He cancelled our date. Can you believe the nerve of that guy. I swear one more time and that's it, we'll be taking a very long break from all this. Plus, it's not like I have been exactly truthful to him."

"Yea but you shouldn't blame yourself for that. It was in your stupid contract. Well listen hun, as soon as you get to the office meet me in mine ok."

"Sure dad. Bye, love you."

"Bye, love you too." InuTaisho disconnected the line and once again started reading the report. Unaware of his sons reaction until Inuyasha coughed rather loudly to gain his attention.

"Oh. You guys are still here." InuTaisho said smiling nervously.

"Who was that father?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"Huh? Oh her. Don't worry about it, it's nothing you guys would want to know about."

"Have you been cheating on mom? I'm so going to tell her." Inuyasha said as he picked up his cell phone and speed dialed his moms cell phone.

"No Inuyasha, there's no need for that. And trust your old man it's nothing like that either."

"I want to meet that blasted wench." Inuyasha said hanging up the phone before it could connect.

"Don't call her a wench Inuyasha, show some respect for your sister. She'll be here any minute then both of you can meet her. Until then just sit down and leave me be." InuTaisho finally said getting agitated.

Both of his sons growled low as they took their seats back on the comfy couches. Inuyasha seemed to be restraining himself from strangling his father, and as for Sesshoumaru - he looked like he hadn't hated anyone more in his life.

"Ah... she's here." InuTaisho said with a small smile. He fixed up his table and hid a box of chocolates in his drawer. Looking at his sons he gave them a warning glare indicating for them to 'be nice.'

Knock Knock

"Come in."

"Hi dad."

"Kagome, I would like for you to meet my two sons. Boys this is Kagome and Kagome this is -"

Sesshoumaru had been shocked beyond belief there he stood with his bulging out of his socket and his mouth slightly open. He couldn't believe it, his Kagome had just walked into through those doors. He must hide before she sees him - too late.

"Inuyasha my youngest son, and that's Sesshoumaru my oldest son."

Kagome stood there starring at Sesshoumaru like he had grown 3 heads right on the spot. Sesshoumaru, my Sesshoumaru, standing in my dads office. That means he's the CEO, he lied.

InuTaisho and Inuyasha stood there starring at the two as their emotions changed from shock to hurt and then anger.

"You lied" they both said together.

"Will someone please explain to me what's goin on here?" Inuyasha practically yelled getting agitated.

"Kagome, is that who I think it is?" InuTaisho asked curiously.

"Hai..."

"We need to talk." Sesshoumaru said walking towards the exit.

"I think we can talk about it here Sesshoumaru. I don't think I want fake excuses from you anymore." Kagome said.

-growl- "Woman, I will talk to you where ever I wish. Not in my dads office in front of my Inuyasha or my dad." Sesshoumaru said.

"Why? so you can lie agian?" Kagome whispered.

"No. So we can sort this out."

"There's nothing to sort out. Our relationship was a lie." Kagome now had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Are you saying the feelings were all a lie too? Then I guess you're no better then the other woman." Sesshoumaru said as he walked out of his dad's office. InuTaisho and Inuyasha sure as hell didn't miss the hurt look in Sesshoumaru's eyes or the tear that rolled down his left cheek.

"Is she your bilogical daughter?"

"No Inuyasha. Her dad and I have been long time friends. He died when she was young and since then she has called me dad." InuTaisho said. He walked around his desk and hugged Kagome tightly to him as she cried hysterically. "Inuyasha please leave us alone and tell my secretary to cancell all of my meetings and such. And please check up on your brother as well."

"I guess..." Inuyasha said as he left his dads office.

Inuyasha did as he was told by going to the secretary first and telling her to do as instructed and that nobody should bother them at the moment. Then he took the elevator to his brother's floor and went to his office.

"Sir. He said he doesn't want to be disturbed at the moment." Kagura said.

"Well too bad." Inuyasha snorted and walked into his brothers office.

Sesshoumaru sat in his chair with his eyes starring blankly at a picture in front of him.

"Get out Inuyasha. I'm in no mood to be dealing with you right now."

"Whatever. Dad sent me here. So are you planning on explaining to me what's going on?" Inuyasha said making himself comfy on one of the couches.

Sesshoumaru sighed and against his better judgement or not, he told Inuyasha about what's been going on in his life. From how he met Kagome at a charrity show, to how they started going out, and how they lied to each other about their jobs and real lives. His reason was that he didn't want women dating him for his money and her reason was that she had signed a contract.

Inuyasha sat their listening to his older brother. He was shocked to say the least. His brother has never opened up to him like that and expecially about something that nobody else knew. He would have to help him, that's for sure. It's all a big misunderstanding. From how he had seen Kagome cry he could tell that they both loved each other, but the anger was clouding them from making the right decision.

Inuyasha told his brother to take it easy and go home or something. He'll have to do something about this, yep something for sure. And so Inuyasha called in his team of helpers. Sango, Miroku, Kouga and Shippou.

"Who are you playing cupid for this time?" Sango asked in an excited tone.

"My brother and his girlfriend." Inuyasha said with a huge smile.

"WHAT!!!" all four of them screamed.