InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Self-Conclusion ❯ Self-Conclusion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello, this is my first uploaded story. I would like to add to it, however I lack a general plot. Any ideas are seriously considered and appreciated. Any reviews would be appreciated as well. I can take constructive criticism.
 
I do not own Inuyasha or the lyrics to “Self-Conclusion” nor am I making any profit from this story.
 
“Self-Conclusion” is from The Spill Canvas's album One Fell Swoop
 
 
 
Fade in, start the scene
Enter beautiful girl
But things are not what they seem
As we stand at the edge of the world."
Inuyasha sat high in the tree, overlooking the edge of the cliffs before him and thought about the girl he had seen yesterday.
He was walking out of the music store, two hundred dollars richer than when he had entered, when she saved his life. He was thinking about how much he would miss that guitar, and how he could payback his brother the money he never intended to pay in the first place, when he began to cross the street. It was rush hour and the side walks were packed. He wasn't paying attention to anything, including the bus that was coming his way.
“Hey, watch it!” she had called as she reached and grabbed the back of his denim jacket and pulled him safely onto the sidewalk, “gotta watch out for those big moving metal things, I hear they hurt when they hit you.” she said with a smirk and a wink, and walked back into the moving crowd.
She was gone before he could stutter out his thanks.
He sat in the tree, thinking about her shining black hair and the smiling brown eyes when he heard the crunch of tires on dirt, an engine shut off, and finally, the opening and closing of a car door. Thinking it was someone who came to enjoy the secluded view, he began to make a quiet and hasty retreat. He caught a glimpse of the newcomer and stopped dead. It was her. Inuyasha jumped down from the branches and slowly made his way toward her. She heard his approach and turned.
 
Excuse me sir,
But I had plans to die tonight
Oh, and you are directly in my way
And I bet you're gonna say it's not right
My reply:
Excuse me miss,
But do you have the slightest clue
Of exactly what you just said to me
And exactly who you're talking to?
She said, "I don't care, you don't even know me."
I said, "I know but I'd like to change that soon, hopefully."
“I'd really like to be alone now, if you don't mind; you won't want to be here in few minutes anyway.”
He could tell that she had been crying from her red rimed eyes, slightly run mascara and red nose, but her voice was strong, steady, determined and authoritive. “And why is that?” he asked.
“Because I have plans to die tonight, to be completely honest, and I don't think you want to be around for that. Its going to happen weather your around or not, I was just giving you fair warning.”
“Do you have any clue what you just said?” he asked, unable to truly believe his sensitive ears.
“What do you care? You don't know me.”
“I-I know, but I'd like to.”



Yeah, we all flirt with the tiniest notion
Of self conclusion in one simplified motion
You see the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets
“This isn't the way to solve your problems. I know it feels like an easy fix, but it isn't. Whatever is hurting you, you just need to get through it. Everyone has problems, and everyone thinks about an easy way out. Anyone who tells you different is a liar. There's a way out, but this isn't it,” he told her.

You make it sound so easy to be alive
But tell me how am I supposed to seize this day
When everything inside of me has died
“You think its that easy? `just get through it'. There is no getting through or getting out! None!” she yelled at him.
 
My reply:
Trust me girl
I know your legs are pleading to leap
But I offer you this easy choice
Instead of dying, living with me
“I get it! I know that that ledge looks like the answer to everything, and your legs are screaming at you to jump, but please, just- just come with me. Away from here. I'll buy you dinner, there's a place not ten minutes from here,” he offered.

She said, "Are you crazy? You don't even know me."
I said, "I know but I'd like to change that soon, hopefully."
“What's your deal, you're so bent on saving me and you don't know a single thing about me.”
“I know, but I'd like to.”

Yeah, we all flirt with the tiniest notion
Of self conclusion in one simplified motion
You see the trick is that you're never supposed act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets
She turned her back on him, ducked under the fence that acted as a barrier from the cliff's edge and sat, legs dangling dangerously over the edge. He watched the wind toss her hair and breathed deeply as it carried her scent towards him. He would never forgive himself if he couldn't keep her from jumping.

I would be lying if I said that things would never get rough
And all this
cliché motivation, it could never be enough
I could stand here all night trying to convince you
But what good would that do? My offer stands and you must choose
“Look, I'd be a liar if I said that things wouldn't ever get hard, or scary, and I know that just me saying it would never be enough to make it ok, but I'm hoping that you listen anyway. I could stay here all night and try to convince you that this isn't worth it.” When she didn't turn around, he tried a word that he rarely ever used. “Please?”
 

"All right, you win, but I only give you one night
To prove yourself to be better than my attempt at flight
I swear to God if you hurt me I will leap
I will toss myself from these very cliffs
And you'll never see it coming."
He said the word with such desperation that she turned to look at him. She stared deep into his gold eyes, searching for any speck of insincerity. She found none. “Alright,” she finally answered. “Dinner, that's it, and if I still want to come back here, nothing you say will stop me. I'll jump.”

"Settle precious, I know what you're going through
Cause ten minutes before you got here I was gonna jump too."
Inuyasha smiled and sighed “I know. I understand.”
“I doubt that,” she countered.
“No, I do”
“How?”
“Because ten minutes before you got here, I was going to jump too.”

Yeah we all flirt with the tiniest notion
Of self conclusion in one simplified motion
You see the trick is that you're never supposed act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::< /div>
 
The two sat across from each other in an old, diner. It wasn't so much 50's styled, just really from the 50's. “I just realized I don't know your name,” she started.
“It's Inuyasha.”
“I'm Kagome.” She extended her hand.
“Nice to meet you Kagome,” he said as he shook her hand.
“Were you really going to jump before I got there?” she asked.
“Yeah, I really was.”
“What stopped you?”
He looked directly at her and simply answered, “You did.”
“Me? Wha- how. I just met you,” she stammered.
“Keh, yesterday, I was walking out of Mc Cain's music store, about to step in front of a bus, and you pulled me back with a smile and a wink.”
She had an amazed half smile on her face, “wow. I can't believe I didn't recognize you with the hair and the ears and all,” she gestured towards him. “It's been a rough day, as if you didn't know.”
“Yeah, I know. So why were you gonna do it, if you don't mind my asking.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's all I've got so far, so please, review, comment, critique. Keep in mind that this is my FIRST uploaded story. I have a few others started but don't have any one to bounce ideas off of or to beta them. If you are interested in helping me out, please let me know. Thanks.
 
x_X sAL