InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sesshoumaru's Flame ❯ The Begining ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I decided to come back to this fic (since it got the most response out of all the ones I've ever written) and fix some of my glaring mistakes. I hope that these are to your liking!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
A/N: This is my first fic, I apologize if it really sucks… in fact I ask you to please tell me if it truly sucks, no I mean it, I want you to tell me in the most blunt way possible what you think of it (but please include some sort of suggestion, I can't fix the pure suckiness of it all if you don't tell me how^_^). Thanks!
Disclaimer: I don't own squat, **shakes head and sighs heavily** noope nothing what so ever… Wait! I own… op, nope that ain't mine either… oh well back to the old drawing board again…
Sesshoumaru was patrolling his lands, making sure everything was as he had left it. As he scanned the area he picked up the smell of human blood. He found this extremely annoying, as he had always tried to keep his lands clear of the irritating little things. There was a little way to go before he was actually able to reach who ever it was—he had caught the scent from a long way off. When he neared the spot he recognized the malodor, it seemed to belong to one of the females that was always at InuYasha's side. He shook head slowly, how could InuYasha have been so careless? He was well aware that these were Sesshoumaru's lands and that Sesshoumaru would now have to dispose of the little flit.
"You're so gonna pay for this InuYasha! I'll have to pin you to a tree myself. Right now, you have no idea how much I'd agree with Kikyo if you weren't with her at this very moment! I hope she pins you right below the waist this time! AARRGHH!" As Kagome tripped over a tree root she screamed in frustration. Sesshoumaru was slightly amused and waited to see what she would do next, as he was detecting another demon closing in on her smell.
Kagome turned, she could almost swear she heard something in the bushes near by, she was probably just imagining things though. She continued on, mumbling angrily to herself, completely unaware of the two separate pairs of eyes following her. A giant crashing sound caused her to whirl around. That had to be something, something stupid and clumsy though. She pointed her bow and arrow in the general direction of the sound.
"What the hell was that?" she asked herself before yelling a bit louder, "Show yourself, I'm in no mood to play games with idiots today." Whatever it was decided to comply and it jumped out at her.
"Grrrr, raaarh," sure it was big but that by no means made it scary.
"What do you want?" she sighed impatiently.
"Heh, a mere mortal," it sneered. "You shall taste wonderful as my main course tonight." It began to move forward, obviously trying to get close enough to take a bite.
"Puh-lease," she breathed. "The last meal you had wasn't any scarier than a white fluffy bunny." After said comment she promptly shot the arrow hitting her target dead on (pun not intended! Don't even think it…), and then just walking through where it had been standing in her way, she continued on. This was not the day to mess with Kagome Higurashi, for today she was well beyond peeved…
Sesshoumaru looked on, he wasn't quite sure if he was amused or amazed, none of this of course registered on his face, but all the same he was still at a loss for words. Had this, this—human just destroyed that youkai with one tiny arrow? Of course! Now he remembered, this was the same human who had transformed the Tetsusaiga when he had finally gotten a hold of the blasted thing. Interesting, he wished to know more of this girl's powers, merely to see if she had any weaknesses, no other explanations were needed. And that was that…