InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shared Blood ❯ New People ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha does not belong to me, he belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. I want to dedicate this chapter to Stormlight and MK, who helped me with ideas for this chapter. Thanks! Sorry this chapter is shorter than most. The next chapter will be longer.

Shared Blood

Chapter Six

By: Lazuli

lazulidreamer@yahoo.com

Miroku whistled cheerfully as he walked through the house. He hadn't seen Inuyasha in ages, and he heard about his new slave. She sounded intriguing…a miko in the modern age. He could get to know her very well. He brushed his hair back, smiling, coming to Inuyasha's room. He knocked on the door once before letting himself in. He saw the girl setting up a meal on the table in the room, and he smirked. She *was* lovely…Inuyasha had good taste.

"Beautiful lady…may I have the honor of introducing myself?" The girl stiffened at the sound of his voice, and she turned to glare at him.

"Who are you?" She asked calmly.

He smiled, bowing. "I am none other than Miroku." He bent over her hand, kissing it, while the other one reached behind her to rub her behind. She shrieked and lashed out, punching him in the jaw, knocking him to the ground.

He put one hand to his sore jaw, amazed that she landed such a strong punch on him. At that moment, Inuyasha chose to walk in the room, and his calm eyes surveyed his angry slave and the amused Miroku on the floor.

"Well, Kagome…I guess I don't really need to introduce you. This is my cousin, Miroku." Her eyes grew wide.

"Please tell me he is your human cousin, Inuyasha-sama." She whispered. He shook his head grinning as he helped Miroku to his feet.

"This my full-blooded youkai cousin, Kagome, Miroku." Kagome whimpered.

"I should give up right now." She muttered. "I already have too many strikes against me as it is." She sank to the floor, covering her face with her hands. "I must attract bad luck."

Miroku shook his head, and knelt next to her. "You're the youkai killer, aren't you? Impressive. I never thought I'd see the day. It's a pleasure to meet you, Kagome." He bent over her hand again, and she backed away from him warily.

Inuyasha glared at his cousin. "What did you do to her?" He asked. Miroku shrugged and tried to look innocent.

"I simply greeted her, that's all, cousin." Inuyasha looked at Kagome.

"All he did was greet you, Kagome? Did you really think he was a human? Can't you tell the difference?" Kagome glared at Miroku.

"He greeted me with his hand on my behind!" She muttered. Inuyasha fixed Miroku with a look, smiling.

"I forgot how you greet women, Miroku, but I suggest that if you want to keep that hand of yours, you leave it off of my slave. Do you understand?" Miroku nodded meekly.

"You're really taken with her." He whistled low. "Never thought I'd see the day where you take a female slave, Inuyasha. Take her to bed yet?" He smirked at the blushing hanyou and slave. "I see that you haven't. How amusing."

Inuyasha glared at him. "I don't see it any business of yours, Miroku. Now why are you here? Don't you have your own slave to worry about? Or did you wear this one out?"

Miroku laughed. "Sango is still mine, never fear. Feisty little thing, like the one you have here. She certainly has fire. I can't get rid of her."

Inuyasha grinned. "You need something with spirit. How'd you get one?" He asked. Miroku smirked and settled down on the bed, since the introductions were obviously over.

"Little rebel human. She thought I was human at first, until she saw the Air Rip. She kicked and screamed fit to raise the dead. I had to gag her and knock her out to bring her home. By that time she was under the protections of the household and couldn't escape. Not that she hasn't tried…"

Inuyasha nodded, seemingly forgetting about Kagome in the room to talk to Miroku. "They always do, don't they? It's a shame when they get caught…" Miroku looked at Inuyasha strangely.

"What about your slave? Has she tried to run away yet? I'm surprised that she hasn't tried to kill you in the middle of the night. She obviously stays in your room."

Inuyasha shrugged. "She hasn't tried to run off or kill me yet. In fact she's almost been killed several times by her old comrades because she *didn't* run off or kill me. It's been amusing to say the least."

Kagome was silent as she listened to Inuyasha and Miroku talking. He was treating her like an object again…just when she thought things were changing between them. She supposed it couldn't be helped…in the way he was raised, humans were nothing but objects. Her eyes narrowed. Apparently to Miroku, they were even less than that. He confirmed it with his next words.

"Do you ever want to switch off our slaves? This one could use some learning in pleasing you…and Sango could get a break from me. I could take your slave off of your hands tonight."

Kagome's eyes widened in shock, but she realized that Inuyasha could do that. She thought about being in Miroku's hands and shivered. She didn't want to do anything like that. Not yet! Inuyasha had agreed that nothing like that would happen. He was just as unsure about it as she was…

Inuyasha looked thoughtful. "What would I do with your slave, Miroku?" Miroku grinned.

"Sango already has experience. She can tide you over until this one learns something. What do you say, cousin?" He sat next to Kagome, an arm around her waist, pulling her towards him. Kagome was stiff with fear, wondering what he was going to do.

Narrowing his eyes, Inuyasha's hand was suddenly around Miroku's throat, lifting him in the air. "I say that you keep your damn hands *off* of Kagome before I really get upset with you. Kagome isn't to be touched by anyone but me."

He threw Miroku to the ground, who looked stunned. "Truly remarkable, cousin. I'll leave you alone with your slave, then. I'll be seeing you, and I'll bring Sango by in case you ever want to borrow her for the night." With a mocking bow to Kagome, he made his way out of the room, whistling cheerfully again.

Kagome shuddered after Miroku left the room. So close…it was so close that she would have been tossed away like an object…a thing that could be easily passed around She couldn't help a sarcastic comment though.

"So, you're not all sex-driven, huh?" She asked Inuyasha, who blushed.

"Miroku is…a special case. He likes women a bit too much, and goes through them quickly. I'm surprised that he's kept this one for so long, and that he knows her name. That's a miracle in itself."

She snorted. "I can see." She muttered. "Inuyasha-sama…do you feel bad that I cannot do my job for you? If you really want that sort of thing…you can be with Sango or whatever…I'm sorry that I can't do that sort of thing…"

Her voice was abruptly muffled as he covered her mouth with his, effectively quieting her. When he pulled away, her face was flushed, and she stayed quiet, staring at him.

"Who says I want someone like that, Kagome? Huh? You're mine…and I *wont* share you with a single person. Especially not my lecherous cousin. We learn from each other, now won't we?"

She stared at him startled. "Inuyasha-sama…" She whispered. He grinned at her and tweaked her nose.

"Don't worry about it now." He said, pulling her against him. One thing I *have* learned though is I like your kisses. Let's continue." Her blush deepened, and he smiled at her, tilting her face up towards his.

He gently kissed her, feeling her relax completely in his embrace, and he tightened his hold on her as he pressed his lips harder against hers, closing his eyes as he pulled her closer to him.

*Was this what it was about? Sweet kisses…she feels so good in my arms…I will never share her, never lose her to another.*

Kagome sighed against his lips, feeling warm and safe. This was how she imagined it to be…arms around her…holding her protectively.

He pulled away, staring down in her eyes, and she blushed at the tender look they held. Her master…she couldn't even think of him that way. He seemed to be so much more than that…but she couldn't imagine leaving him at all.

"Inuyasha-sama?" He smiled at her, kissing the top of her head and stroking her hair gently.

"Shh.." He whispered, and found her lips again, quieting her with his kisses. They began to deepen more as they continued, and Kagome shyly wound her arms around Inuyasha's neck, pulling him closer to her. It felt wonderful, and she whimpered slightly at the feelings that were running through her at his gentle touch.

He opened his mouth slightly, tracing her lips with his tongue…wanting somehow to get closer to her than before. Her mouth opened under his, and he shivered at the sensation of being so close to her.

Kagome gasped slightly at the feeling of the passionate kiss. *Inuyasha...* She felt him gently lower to the bedding below them, and she tensed ever so slightly, not ready for such intimacy yet. She knew that was what it was eventually going to come to this, but it didn't keep her from still being slightly frightened over the idea.

He pulled away from the kiss slowly, kissing her gently on her temple before pulling her into his embrace, resting his chin on the top of her head.

"Kagome…" His voice was lower than before, and he hugged her tight to him, trying to get his breathing under control. "I told you…not yet. Nothing yet…" He kissed her gently again, and she smiled at him.

"Thank you, Inuyasha-sama." She lay her head against his chest, yawning. He tightened his hold around her, before lifting her in his arms and depositing her on his bed, pulling the covers over the both of them.

"Let's just get some sleep, okay?" He stroked her hair gently, and she nodded, falling into the same position she was before, soon fast asleep.