InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who is Wolf ❯ The Betrayal... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
August 21, 2003

Here is the next chapter for those of you that like this story!! OMG!! Wow! I cant believe people are really liking this! * Does the happy dance* Ok..Im aight now...lol.

I would like to thank.. Cheesey, my first review!!! Wish I had a prize for you! Maybe this chappie will do! Also, Chels-Dawg(..Alpha bitches unite and rule!!hehe), Kyu-Bi, OniWing, Small Fry(Im still not for sure on the pairing, but it does sound that way doesnt it?),Starangel747, Kohaku(..umm ur prolly right! Cookie and chappie for you! This soon enough?lol),My Love Inuyasha (The Last Unicorn has been my fav since I was 5, when it came out in 1982.), Kaida1, Neo-Crystal, pruningshears (My Beta reader!! Thank you for your long review, and thanks sooo much for your help! For you and everyone else, yeah it is suppose to be Kagome..I had some trouble, so it was suppose to be obvious.), watergoddesskasey, emerald dragon hanyou (Actually, I didnt quote it word for word.. It originally went.. 'There has never been a time without Unicorns, we are as old as the sky, old as the moon. We can be hunted, trapped, and even be killed if we leave our forest, but we do not vanish.'), Divine-Heart, Lady2U, BabbleQueen (Hey, I like to babble too! =) ), and Matakishi Hirata-San! Thank you all so much.. and those of you who review after I type this! This will be the only time I do this, as it takes away time from my writing. I will answer all questions tho in each chapter, but if I dont mention you ... please do not think I love your reviews any less 'cause I love'em all!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


She Who is Wolf

By : Fushigi Wolf

Chapter 1 - The Betrayal...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's been going on...



The Shikon no Tama has been completed. Naraku has been defeated, and Kikyo has been freed. She isn't in hell after all, she wasn't really evil to begin with. She didn't belong to the living anymore, so she had no place in life. Her small piece of soul that she had, has gone where it belongs, to her reincarnation, Kagome.


Kagome spends most of her time in the feudal times of the past. She has been training with Kaede since the beginning, and has come far in her training to be a Miko. Kaede won't be with them much longer, she was really starting to look her age. She was unable to get around as well as she did. Kaede tried to pour as much of her knowledge into Kagome as she could in the time she has left, and has pretty much succeeded. She didn't known as much as Kikyo had, but it was enough, for now anyway.


Kagome and InuYasha were still really close friends, she still had all her friends. The Houshi, Miroku, the Demon Exterminator, Sango, the Kitsune, Shippo, and even Kirara. Sango and Miroku had become a little closer over the last couple of years, but still neither would admit what they felt for one another. Shippo was growing so much. He was taller, and about the height of Souta in the beginning. Kagome loved them all very much, especially her little kit.

InuYasha had decided not to become Full Youkai. He realised that he didnt need it, for power or otherwise. He found out that he could be accepted for who he was inside. Even his brother, Sesshoumaru had accepted him for the most part. They were almost friendly, I said ALMOST.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On with the story!


It was a lovely spring day. Birds were chirping and singing their happy little tunes. It was a time of birth and rebirth. Flowers of every kind and color carpeted the land as far as the eye could see. They worshipped the sun's life giving warmth but, the sun seemed extremely fond of the young flower that lay upon a lonely hillside, just inside a clearing of a vast forest. The rays of warmth seemed to reach out to her in comfort, as this lonely creature looked as lonely as the hill she lay upon. She was a young human woman of about 18, but she was not your normal weak human. She was a Miko, a very powerful Miko. Although, powerful she had yet to reach her full potential. Her power lay just beneath the surface, waiting for the right moment to be released, a secret in it's amount. A bow and quiver of arrows lay off to her side, and she was dressed in priestess kimono. Her long raven hair was spread wildly around her as she lay there looking so lost to the world. Such confusion in her normally warm chocolate eyes. 'Almost 4 years' she thought sadly. This time held so many memories. She sometimes wondered why she still came here, to this feudal time. So much different then the time she had grown up in. Well, were she had spent her younger years in life anyway, she had become a woman in the past.


She was drawn here, like a moth is drawn to a flame. She absently stroked the round jewel upon her neck. It hummed and purred under her touch, pleased with her attention no matter how absent she was in the gesture. She was it's keeper, it's protector, the one it belonged with. Hers to command, if only she knew how to ask.


She frowned, and it didn't quite fit a face that should always be happy. She had frowned because she knew she would have to head back soon, and she was frustrated that the silent time she managed to steal wasn't enough for her to make sense of her jumbled thoughts. He would come for her soon, she knew. She gave a small sad smile as she remembered his face. When had she fallen so in love with that face? She knew exactly when, and it hadn't taken her long either. The moment he opened those wild eyes, even if they hadn't been that thrilled to see her. So much anger they had held! She shuttered and stood up, straightened herself out and dusted herself off. She scooped up her weapon, and walked into the forest, towards the village that had become a sort of second home.


Her aura caressing everything she came in contact with. Such a warm soul, which had made her wonder why Kikyo had been the was she was. Hadn't she had this soul? Sure, when Kikyo lived she was nice enough, but she had been selfish. She growled at the thought of Kikyo's wish to turn InuYasha human, then her wish to take his future, his very soul to hell with her. She had startled herself, that wasn't a growl a human woman would make. She shook her head. It made her sad that InuYasha had been more than ready to fulfill those wishes. She held herself and shook her head again, these thoughts did nothing but confuse and upset her more. She couldn't keep thinking about it. 'Fate was so cruel' She added the last thought to the subject.



She had reached the clearing where the Bone Eaters Well stood. She would be going through it to her own time today, or was it even her own time anymore? She pondered that thought a moment. She spent more and more time here with her Miko training and her new family. Not to mention the adventures that came along with the abilities she and the others had. How she had managed to graduate high school was still beyond her, it had been hard with InuYasha refusing to let her go home! But, she had done it. Thank Kami for the prayer beads, or she would never have gotten away!


She had reached the well, and paused a moment, running her fingers along the opening of the well. Sometimes she wished this well didn't exist. So much had changed because of this magical portal between times. She had been so naive! Had she really been happy with her life before? She couldn't be sure, something had been missing. She shook her head for probably the millionth time that day. 'No, I don't regret the well.' She had regrets, lots of them, but none of them involved her way into this time, so far from the one she was born in.


She sighed and walked on towards the village, where her beloved friends would be. Kaede's hut wasn't too far from here. She hoped she made it back before he did. She tensed visibly as she felt someone's approach, then relaxed, It was her Shippou. The kit she had pretty much adopted. She loved him most of all.

He bound into view, and brightened immediately when he had found who he was searching for. "Kagomeeee!" The little kit squealed in delight as he ran full force into her embrace! "I missed you soooo much, Kagome-chan! He smiled happily.

She giggled at him, and smiled, while ruffling his reddish orange hair a little. " You were just with me this morning!" He frowned momentarily, she didn't notice. 'She didn't understand, did she?' He smiled brightly again. 'She'll understand one day!' He had grown so much in the nearly 4 years that she had been here, he seemed older somehow though. She smirked. 'Sometimes his eyes look so much wiser than they should.' Even now as she looked into his aqua colored eyes, there was a sparkle there that insisted he knew something she didn't. She hugged the little kitsune tightly to her, and continued to the small village that she had come to see as a second home.


As the hut came into view, she could see Kirara running towards her, mewing as she ran. " Kirara, did you miss me too? " She purred her answer as she rubbed up against her legs. She smiled warmly at her, and walked into the hut.

Sango was sitting by the fireplace with Miroku as he cooked lunch. She was scowling at him when she came in. She sighed. 'Some things never change' "Hello Sango-chan, Miroku-sama!" She smiled at them. "Smells good!" Sango let go of her angry look and smiled at her.

"Hello Kagome-chan!"

Miroku took this moment to inform her, "He is looking for you, you know?"

She sighed, " I was afraid of that."

"Afraid of what?" He growled out. She didn't have to turn around, she'd know that voice anywhere.

She turned to him and smiled an innocent smile, "You were looking for me, InuYasha?"

He frowned. 'She was changing the subject!' "Feh! What makes you think that?" He looked past her to Miroku, who suddenly found the ground interesting, when he heard the low growl coming from the hanyou. Suddenly, as if he hadn't heard the growl at all he looked up and held his hands out and shrugged,' Kagome was here so why worry.' InuYasha huffed and looked back at Kagome, "I have decided that you can't go back today" Kagome scowled at him.

"Excuse me, almighty InuYasha, but I don't recall asking you!"

He smirked at her, "Doesn't matter, your still not goin!"

'The nerve of him! Why is he so possessive, it isn't like he cares that much anyway.' She knew in his own way he did care, but not in the way she cared, at least that's what she thought. Kagome smiled a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. She sighed, " I won't be gone long. I was going to wait to tell you all this, but I guess now is a good a time as any." She had their full attention, even if a certain someone didn't seem to be paying attention.

"After this trip I will be taking a break from school, and put off college for a while. I will be spending most of the summer here to train more."

Shippou suddenly had lots of energy, "You mean it?" He had smiled so big she couldn't help but be happier, because of it.

"Hai, Shippou-chan! Ill be here for about 3 months straight, and you'll have me almost all to yourself!" She ruffed his hair again. Shippou brightened even more if that was possible. Kagome glanced at InuYasha, 'Why does he look so smug all of a sudden?'

Sango interrupted her thoughts, "That is wonderful, Kagome-chan! Maybe we will finally get some time to be able to hang out and relax. It has been so long since we have even had a minute to relax with dear friends." Kagome smiled at her, Sango really had become one of her very best friends. She could tell her anything. It had been so long since they had a moment to talk.

" That would be so... nice." Kagome smiled, no one had seen the jealous look that crossed everyone's favorite hanyou's face. He was unaware that things would be so much different if he would just let those barriers down that kept anyone from nearing his heart.

He crossed his arms, and scowled with a low growl that only Kirara and Shippou seemed to hear. It was faint, but tinted with possessiveness (Is this even a word?lol) 'I still don't want her to go', he thought. Kagome looked at Shippou, and followed where his eyes were looking. He was looking at InuYasha, and he had that sparkle in his eyes again. She wished she knew what the little Kitsune was thinking. Shippou had heard InuYasha's growl, and he knew what it meant even if InuYasha himself didn't. 'Someday, InuYasha, you will be happy!' Shippou smiled at him , and it earned him a "Feh" from the half Inu Youkai. Kagome glanced at him, as did everyone else, but instead of commenting on his 'Feh" she continued talking.


"I'll be gone for 2 days to get supplies, and settle the last things from high school. Also, to spend time with my family, and the few friends that have stuck with me." Shippou noticed he was growling again. Kirara tilted her head slightly amused at the hanyou's low growls.

InuYasha puffed up and let it rip, " What do you mean 2 days, bitch!?!" Kagome just smiled, but he didn't like the way she was smiling at him. "Did I say 2 days? Hmm, that's strange I meant 4." This time his growl was heard by everyone!

He shook his head in confusion, 'Did that bitch just challenge and mock me?!?' Kirara tilted her head again and mewed in question, she went unnoticed as Kagome and InuYasha's auras crackled with challenge. "No way, wench." He ground out. There was no doubt he was being commanding.

She acted as if she was commenting to herself, "Well maybe a week isn't so long." Everyone else's eyes were pleading with InuYasha to stop. They didn't want for her to be gone THAT long!

Shippou's little fists balled up as he growled his own little fierce growl, well as much as a kit could. "Stop it, Dog breath! You are causing MY Kagome to stay away longer! He yelled. InuYasha clenched his claws and stood to go after the kit with a little bit of murder in his eyes.

"YOUR Kagome!?!" He bellowed and growled. He tensed suddenly, aware of what he had said. He looked at Kagome, she had a confused expression, and he watched as it turned. He knew she was gonna say IT. She was angry that he was going to go after Shippou, when he was the one to start all of this, and for always completely confusing her!

"Osuwari", she had said it deadly calm. Almost as if she hissed it. It had the desired effect, InuYasha went straight to the ground. She stood calmly and walked out of the little hut, listening to the colorful language that was completely InuYasha's.

"Bitch, come back here,now!" he roared after her. The argument was immature really, but she hadn't been able to help herself.

She decided 3 was a good number. She nodded and smiled deviously, then frowned. 'Since when do I enjoy sitting him?' She shook her head, she didn't. She already felt bad. "I hope it didn't hurt too bad",she mumbled. She could still feel his aura crackling inside, he was very angry with her. She could still hear him cursing her with so much hate and anger. She couldn't take it anymore, he just didn't know how much his words caused her heart to ache, dull and deep.

She ran with tears streaming down her cheeks, past a shocked Kaede. "Kagome-sama?" She didn't seem to see or hear her. Kaede sighed knowingly, by the dark language coming from her hut, the cause of her pupil's, no soul sister's, tears of sorrow. 'InuYasha would just never learn would he', she thought darkly as she hobbled to her home.

She was running so fast she could hear her heartbeat thundering in her ears drowning out the sounds around her. The well came into view. She was still running full force as she reached the well. She had to put her hands out in front of her to stop herself. She was bent over the side of the well, her tears falling to the long dried up ground at the bottom. Why couldn't she breathe? She slid down the side, and wrapped her arms tightly around herself huddling in a ball against the side of the well. She fell into a silent sob, you know the kind you have when the pain is great. She felt a hand land softly on her shoulder. She looked up to see who was attached to this hand that seemed so comforting to her at the moment. She could barely see through her flooded eyes. He was handsome, with hair close to the color of her own. She looked to his blue eyes searching. There was such a mixture there. She could tell he was confused, there was some anger there as well. It wasn't directed at her. As she looked into his eyes there was something else there too, and she was confused by the emotion displayed there. She was hurting so bad, and the look, whatever it meant was comforting in a way. She needed so much to be held, she launched herself into his arms.

He was stunned at first then he wrapped his arms around her. His eyes held shock at her desperation, they were friends, but she had never hugged him before. He had always wanted more from her, he wanted her for his mate. If she hadn't of seemed so hurt, lost, and lonely he would have been the happiest youkai in the world! He unknowingly held her tighter. He would enjoy it while it lasted. Her heart wrenching sobs slowed in his warm and comforting embrace. She sighed, "Oh, Kouga-kun, I..I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what, Kagome?" Kouga didn't understand her apology. 'What did she have to be sorry for?' She pulled back from him, just a little. She still needed the warmth and comfort of his body.

She looked up to his face, and their eyes locked. 'H..he looks just as sad as I am', she thought. Absently she brought her hand to his cheek, really not thinking to clearly at the moment. Her other hand lay on his chest, she could feel his heart racing, and he was growling low in his chest. She couldn't hear it, but she could feel it. It was so soothing, and the look he just gave her was so intense, she couldn't break away from his eyes. There was love there, he was looking at her, Kagome, with love! There wasn't Kikyo that he saw, he saw her, Kagome! Her own heart pounded at the thought. She kept her hand to his face, as she looked into his intense eyes. She started to stroke his face with her thumb. He gasped, "Kagome".


There was so much in just that one word, it told her so much. 'We are kindred you and I, Kouga. It hurts so much to have unrequited feelings.' She thought, as she suddenly found his lips interesting. He closed his eyes and leaned into her hand. Such a soft gesture. Her thumb absently rubbed across the lips that held her interest. His eyes went wide as he gasped. The deep emotional growl was steadily growing louder.

She didn't love Kouga the way he loved her, but she definitely found him very attractive. She didn't know why or how, but she found her lips against his, crushing them under her fierce kiss. He was startled at first, but them with an even deeper growl of desire he returned her kiss. Licking her lips , and deepening the kiss as her lips parted. She could feel him trembling as his tongue touched hers. The kiss was heated, both of their hearts were pounding, it was like fire was running through their veins. Lustful feelings were scorching their loins.

'What am I doing? Oh Kami! Gomen ne, Kouga. I never wanted to hurt you.' She had to stop! She pulled away, but still in his arms, he seemed to refuse to let her get any farther than that from him. "G..gomen nasai, Kouga", she gasped out. His eyes looked so wild and swirled with undying love! She was almost drawn back into his tight embrace, his hot kiss. That's when she noticed it, someone else was there! She broke from his gaze of desire almost unwillingly. Her cheeks glistened with tears, as she turned her head she locked eyes with the one person she didn't want to be standing there...

...eyes of gold and amber flames...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tada!!! I know I am evil, but please review!