InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ While She Slept ( Chapter 43 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 43 - While She Slept
 
 
Kouga had been getting really frustrated. Every time he thought he had everything ready to go something happened. First, the wolf demon he had chosen to lead the pack in his absence, Iwoa, had managed to get himself injured. He had been so excited and proud to have been chosen that he celebrated and drank way to much sake, which led to the unbelievable. Kouga's chosen leader had managed to stumble off a cliff. If he hadn't seen it for himself he probably wouldn't have believed it, that's for sure. Their pack healer had informed the wolf prince that Iwoa's recovery would take several weeks even with his demon healing as he had successfully broken almost every bone in his body. Yeah, needless to say Kouga couldn't leave him in charge. The new search for the ookami worthy of leading his pack was taking more time than the first as this time he was making sure that he didn't select an idiot.
 
Then there were the bees. Naraku's damned Saimyosho had been swarming around his caves the last few days and he was the one most capable of taking the annoying creatures down as he had the aid of the jewel shards. He found most of his daylight hours had been taken up chasing down each and every last little flying spy. Naraku would receive no reports on his pack. Kouga couldn't allow Naraku to find out that he was planning on being away for an extended period of time. Then the monster would most likely take advantage and attack while they were without their strongest and fastest fighter. After three days of bee duty he had organized a group of wolf demons to keep watch and take out any and all spies, stationing them at intervals all the way around his caves.
 
Now that the bee issue had been taken care of Kouga was free to pick his temporary replacement. Thankfully Ginta and Hakaku had been looking in to the matter for him and had a recommendation. Tadao was a good choice. He was powerful and well respected in the pack. He was unmated which meant he not have the distraction and responsibility of a mate to keep him from the duties he would fulfill as the temporary alpha. He was also very loyal to Kouga which meant he would not have a fight on his hands when he returned with Kagome to resume his alpha status. And one more plus. Tadao didn't drink, something that suddenly seemed rather important. The wolf prince agreed with his two closest followers and immediately announced Tadao as the leader during his absence. The pack seemed to agree as well as there were no protests or complaints. Now that the choice had been made and announced Kouga set out to choose who would accompany him besides Ginta, Hakaku, and a small pack of wolves.
 
Soon he would be able to leave. He couldn't wait to see his Kagome again. While he was slightly worried about Sesshoumaru's interest in his intended, Kouga was confident that Kagome would choose him. She would never mate willingly with the aristocratic assassin. He had attacked their group and more specifically Inuyasha more times that Kouga could count, had even tried to kill Kagome at times. There was no way she would trust and love him. Sesshoumaru was vicious and cold, while Kouga saw himself as loving and affectionate which was just what he was sure Kagome was looking for. She would never choose the ice lord over the wolf prince. Never.
 
~
 
Kagura had left Naraku's castle not very long after she had arrived. She couldn't stand the smell of the miasma and death. She craved the fresh crisp scent of the wind. Besides, she was less likely to anger her master if she wasn't around. She felt safer at a distance and so she had flown away once more. After she was a fair distance away she successfully killed all the Saimyosho that had followed after her. She had decided on a task for herself and he could not find out. Kagura was still sure that Sesshoumaru was her chance for freedom and she didn't want Naraku to know about the tall, stoic demon lord's current location. She was certain he could and would take out any bees that came anywhere near his camp so none would report his new, interesting status and pack to Naraku. But the evil hanyou would become curious as to where the lord of the west was if not at his palace so Kagura assigned herself to the west, killing any spies that would report Sesshoumaru's absence. It wasn't a lot but it was something and she desperately needed something, anything to keep her busy and help her hold on to her hope.
 
While she floated on the breeze on her feather and studying the skies around her she thought. The enslaved wind witch thought about the sexy demon lord she had always hoped to catch. She wanted him for herself and seeing him with Kagome had certainly been a surprise. She had been so confident that once she was free he wouldn't be able to resist her but perhaps it was too late. He had stated very clearly that Kagome was under his protection, had ordered her to stay away from the miko if she wanted to live. But then that also meant that Kagome was safe, definitely safer than she had been under the half-assed watch of her beloved hanyou, Inuyasha. And as much as Kagura was convinced Sesshoumaru could free her she was also aware that Kagome was the Shikon Miko and would most likely be the only one able to reclaim the jewel and weaken Naraku enough to be defeated and forever vanquished. If she had to choose between her freedom and the demon lord she would have to choose her freedom. Nothing else mattered as much as her release from the bonds that held her to the dark hanyou. And so Kagura found it in her to be happy for Kagome. It was obvious from his tone alone that he cared deeply for the human girl, and the way his sons protected her as well sealed the deal. Somehow the little miko had captured the attention and heart of the demon lord and that all but guaranteed her safety.
 
She felt bad leaving Kohaku behind but it would have drawn too much attention to herself if she had taken him along with her. She knew his secret. She knew that the young boy had somehow managed to break the mental hold on him the Naraku had held. He remembered his family, his people, and what the dark hanyou had forced him to do. He now could remember his sister and all the times she had tried to save him from his captor. While on one of the many missions they had been sent on together he had admitted all this to her, knowing she also wished to be free of the tyrant that held them. She agreed that as long as he could continue to make Naraku believe he was still under his control that Kohaku's plan to gather information was a good one. Naraku didn't trust her and rarely told her the full extent of his plans. But he loved to gloat and show off how brilliant he thought he was and so Kohaku was often the one to listen, even if he wasn't supposed to feel anything about it one way or the other, just to obey. He was trusted with parts of the plans that Kagura was never clued in on so the more he could learn the better.
 
Perhaps if she approached the group with Kohaku in tow they might actually listen and believe her when she claimed to want to help. She understood. Oh, she understood completely why they didn't believe her. Naraku was the king of the double-cross, the master of lies, and it was not past him to use her to lure them to their deaths just as the miko had accused her of trying to do. Kagura was actually rather surprised that he had yet to think of that one. So at the moment, while Kohaku listened and absorbed any and all information on Naraku's newest plots Kagura was trying her hardest to keep him in the dark about as much as possible. The less intel he had access to the weaker any plans would be. And then maybe they would be able to find some loophole, some weak spot and lead their saviors to success in their mission, the death of Naraku.
 
~
 
He had heard some very interesting news; something he had come to believe would not be possible. According to the servants in the western palace, Sesshoumaru had begun to show a great interest in the human miko that traveled with his hanyou half-brother. Even though he had been told long ago that such a thing would happen he had never believed it. Well, maybe at one time he believed it might occur before Misaki passed on to the next world and left the young taiyoukai alone with his father. Once Inutaisho was left to raise the boy as he pleased he began to doubt the truth of the story. And then the bad blood between the brothers caused by the miko Kikyo only further detracted from the likelihood of it ever happening. But now he was receiving word that it was finally coming to pass, that which he had been told of all those years ago. He smiled at the thought of Misaki when she had told him of her dream, of what the priestess had told her. He had been a loyal servant of her family for centuries upon centuries and had accompanied her, remaining her servant when she had been mated to the Lord of the West. After she died he did his best to help the boy cope but his father's teaching were strict, his words were cruel, and as much as he tried he had watched as the heart of the young demon hardened more and more until he was emotionless, just as his father had intended.
 
He had continued to serve Sesshoumaru for years after the death of the lord, being one of the few servants he truly trusted. It had been hard to watch as the brothers grew further and further apart. It had nearly broken his own little heart when he realized that Misaki's dream for her son would never come true. When he first laid eyes on the young miko he thought that perhaps he had been wrong, perhaps Sesshoumaru would find himself drawn to her. But then he tried to melt her with his corrosive poison and all hope was lost. The girl had managed to survive the attack thanks to the sword the old lord had left for his younger and more favored son but the damage had been done. Or so he thought. Natsuko had claimed to have seen it with her own two eyes, though. She had attended to the miko while she had been at the Palace Moon, had witnessed the human's incredible powers both of healing and of forgiveness. She had watched as her Lord gave the miko a gift. She had sensed it when he marked her as pack. She had even seen the demon lord holding the unconscious miko as he slept, surrounded by his sons as well. And he believed Natsuko. She had been at the palace for a very long time, having also come with Lady Misaki. Her loyalty was also assured, which was probably why the taiyoukai had chosen her to serve Kagome. He knew she would be safe with the golden hawk demoness.
 
And so here he was, moving as fast as demonly possible, even though that wasn't so fast for him. He had to see for himself. And if it was true, if it was really happening, then he had a job to do. He had a message to pass on. He had promised her and he was a demon of his word if nothing else. And once that was done then he would have another rather long journey to warn another to be ready, that they would be coming to see him sooner rather than later and that he would have a very important job to do for her. He had always been rather fond of Kagome. She was nice and rarely flattened him. She treated him with at least a modicum of respect, something he couldn't say about Master Inuyasha. She had even allowed him to drink from her before after a long and tiring trip. Her blood was one of the best he had ever tasted, full of magic and power. Though he had a feeling he would not be savoring her lovely life's fluid again as he doubted Sesshoumaru would approve of such a thing. But the loss was worth it. If it was really all coming to pass then Misaki would finally be able to rest happily and move on to her next life.
 
~
 
He was getting rather suspicious. She had been acting oddly for days. He noticed her humming while she cooked his breakfast, sitting and smiling at nothing when he came home from school. He had even caught her dancing in the kitchen, alone and in silence. He was pretty sure his mother was losing her mind. He had never seen her so happy. She had always tried to look happy but he knew she was sad inside. Though he had never met the man there was one thing Souta was sure of. His mother had definitely loved his father. And she missed him. He understood, really he did. All he had were photographs and stories. At least Kagome had some memories of him, but he had been just a baby when his father died. It was hard sometimes, seeing his friends with their fathers, playing catch, taking them fishing, the man to man talks. He loved Gramps, really. But he was just so weird sometimes. Souta just couldn't rely on him for advice. He had been forced to stoop to asking his sister and Inuyasha how to tell a girl he liked her. Like either of them had any idea how to share feelings honestly. That had been one of the most embarrassing weeks of his life.
 
But back to the issue at hand, his mother had been acting so differently and he had no idea why. Was it possible that she had found a boyfriend and just hadn't told him yet? He had never understood why she didn't at least try to date. She was still young enough but she had spent the last ten years alone, almost like she was waiting for her husband to come back to her. Maybe she had finally figured out that he was never coming back? Sure, it would be weird for another man to be dating his mother but she deserved to be happy. If she remarried then at least there would be a man in his life, maybe someone for him to look up to, because he was beginning to think Inuyasha wasn't the best role model. Too many times had his sister returned from the feudal era fighting back tears because he had left her for that other miko, the dead one. Souta couldn't understand that either. Why would his hero Inuyasha keep hurting his sister? Why would he choose a dead girl over a live one who obviously worshipped him? A step-father couldn't be that bad. Then maybe he would have someone to teach him to shave, help him learn to drive, someone to explain girls to him, because he definitely didn't understand them. They were all so confusing, his mother, his sister, and the girls at school, all of them, females as a whole. He wished his father had never died. If he had never left them things would have been so much easier. Sometimes he would pray that somehow he could come back and make their family complete again.
 
~
 
Akihiro had been thinking for quite a while now. A scroll in the library that spoke of a human girl, most likely Rin. A hidden scroll. Had he ever come across it? Had he ever read a scroll even slightly similar to the one Kagome had brought back? He was coming up with nothing and it was really beginning to frustrate him. Of all the scrolls he had read, somehow he had managed to miss the one that they needed. Maybe it wasn't in the library after all. His grandmother had not mentioned the library in the dreams as far as he knew. But she had said his name so he had to know something. He tried to think of anywhere else a scroll might be hidden on a shelf in the palace. Had he read any from anywhere else? Maybe from his father's study?

Yoshi had been watching Akihiro for the last hour as he became more and more frustrated. Eventually he decided to do something about it. “Akihiro, you need to stop thinking about it. Remember what Mama said yesterday? She said she always remembers something as soon as she stops trying. Give it a rest and think about something else.”
 
He looked at his eldest brother for a minute before nodding. “Yeah, you're probably right. It's just driving me crazy. Grandmother said my name so I must know something, but I can't think of anything that I have read that could even be close to what she was talking about.”
 
“You will. If you are meant to then you will. Come on. We're all gonna go play tag for a while. I'm pretty sure father and Mama are going to be gone for a while since he put up a barrier around them. Nothing else to do really besides coloring. We have been rather lax on our training lately and at least tag keeps us moving.”
 
“Alright. I'm coming.” Akihiro stood up and walked with the group to the open area they had claimed as their own play space. Rin followed along carrying Kazue with her. She didn't want to play tag but there were some pretty flowers in the field and she wanted to make a flower crown for her Mama. When they reached the area the brothers made a point of telling Rin to stay close and asking Kazue to keep an eye out for any danger just in case they missed it while playing. Their happy big sister merely nodded before bending and setting Kazue down gently and starting to gather flowers for her upcoming creation. Maybe she would make one for Sango too. She had seemed kind of sad. Maybe some pretty flowers would help.
 
As she went about her task Kazue found a way to occupy herself as well. She had spotted a grasshopper and attempted to catch it but it bounced away. She followed after it, pouncing through the grass that was higher than she was. She made sure though that while she was playing she never strayed far from the cute little human girl she had been entrusted to protect. She also kept her senses trained on the whole area. Nothing would sneak up on her today. She was still kind of confused as to how that boar demon had managed to sneak up on them the other day, even though they had been talking she and Kirara had both been scanning the area. It was like it had come out of nowhere. Maybe it had something to do with the jewel shard. Maybe it had found a way to hide its presence until it was nearly on top of them. Whatever it was, she was determined to make sure it didn't happen again.
 
She liked the little girl, Rin. She always wanted to pet her or snuggle with her, but unlike most children she was very gentle. She never pulled her tail or her ears. She talked to her too. She talked to her like she was anyone else even though she couldn't understand any answers she gave. The little human girl was certainly comfortable around demons. Kazue had noticed how close Rin was to Ah and Un. She was always bringing the two headed dragon treats, flowers or certain grasses she knew they liked. She wondered what it was about her that made her so at ease with demons when most humans feared them. The little girl most definitely reminded her of Kagome in lots of ways. Not just her kindness and cheeriness, or her friendships with demons either. Though their eyes were different colors, their hair, the shape of their faces, their smiles all were so similar. Rin could pass as Kagome's blood child. And their auras felt nearly identical, their scents so much alike. If she didn't know better she would think that Kagome was really Rin's mother. Their similarities were undeniable.
 
~
 
He was finally getting close. The trip had taken much longer than anticipated. He had taken the scrolls to the palace as he had been instructed, sending them to their respective destinations by messenger. Again he had been told that the servants had spotted Naraku's incarnation, Kagura, flying about the western lands, often coming rather close to the palace. Some of them were getting rather nervous. They had seen the power of Naraku when he had successfully tricked them all into believing he was their lord as well as through the strength of his curse. They were worried he had another attack planned. Even though the palace guards and the western army were a force to be feared the less powerful demons, the cooks and maids especially, were still afraid. Deciding something needed to be done immediately rather than taking the time to travel to the camp and back; Jaken called the guards to assemble. He ordered an increased number of guards on watch at all times to help reassure the women and children of the Palace Moon of their safety. He also summoned the captains of the army which patrolled the whole of the western lands. He spoke with both the guards and captains of the sightings of Kagura, telling them all he knew of her powers and weapons and her ties to Naraku. As she had not yet attacked or made any threats they were to just keep an eye on her. He also told them all to be on the lookout for the Saimyosho. If any were spotted they were to be killed immediately. None were to be allowed to escape. He explained that they were the spies of their enemy Naraku and that by preventing the bees from returning with information they were doing a great service for their Lord and their lands as well.
 
He had gathered the newly arrived scrolls and advised the head servant not only of the changes in the guard but where to send a messenger if there was an incident or if a matter of great importance arose. If an important message arrived from one of the other lords it would not do well for an extensive delay in response. Otherwise he would return in several days to check in once again, dropping off replies and retrieving any new scrolls. Jaken had also brought back with him the damaged and blood-stained hakama of his lord and the dirty clothes of the children to be cleaned. He had also summoned Natsuko to a private meeting. Lord Sesshoumaru had requested that she find something for him. It had been his mother's and he had no idea where it had been stored when she died. He wanted it found and prepared to be given to Kagome as a gift. He had even given instructions for a few slight alterations. Jaken had expected her to be surprised but she merely smiled and bowed her head, saying she believed she had an idea of where it was. She also asked the toad to ask their lord a question pertaining to the gift. Then he had finally left the palace.
 
He hadn't gotten very far when he spotted the large white feather that carried a creature created by the disgusting hanyou that had dared attack the heirs of the western lands. Their eyes met and his widened to an even larger size as she flicked her fan open. He had turned Ah Un in the air, preparing for the dragon to attack her but was shocked when she sent her deadly dance of blades attack not in his direction but at a swarm of the Saimyosho he had just spoken with the guards and captains about. She was attacking those who were supposed to be on her side!
 
When the bees had all fallen to the forest floor below she spoke. “Tell your lord what you have seen. I will allow no spies of Naraku to report about any happenings in the western lands for as long as I can. It should give him more time without an attack. Naraku is trying to form a plan to gain possession of the miko and to obtain the power of Lord Sesshoumaru. The less he knows the weaker his plan will be. Tell the miko I spoke the truth. I wish only to be free of that monster but he holds my heart and could kill me in an instant so I am forced to follow his orders. I know they don't trust me but it may eventually be to their advantage to consider what I have to share.” He nodded, nearly losing the little brown cap that covered his very bald very green head. She turned the feather then and retreated to continue her search.
 
And now he was almost there, almost back to camp. He was rather worried that Lord Sesshoumaru would be angry at him for the delay. It was nearing sunset. As they flew over a clearing he heard Rin's cry of “Master Jaken!” and looked down at the little girl. She was waving at him so fast he was afraid she would end up hitting herself in the face or dislocate her shoulder even. He watched then as Kazue transformed, helped Rin onto her back and took to the air. Within seconds the energetic human girl was beside him chattering about how happy she was to see him and they continued to the campsite, the boys all following on the ground. Sango, Miroku, and Kirara looked up as the two large demons landed. The monk had been reading one of the books Kagome had brought back for him and Sango had been preparing dinner while she and Kirara spoke in silence. She had been just about to call the children back to eat and she laughed as their little demon noses twitched before they lined up, Rin following suit.
 
“Where is my Lord Sesshoumaru?” Jaken asked as he retrieved the new scrolls from Ah Un's saddlebags while looking around the clearing.
 
“With Kagome. Are you hungry, Jaken?” Sango asked while dishing out bowls of noodles for the children and handing them chopsticks.
 
The little toad merely nodded. “Yes, thank you very much slay… This Jaken is sorry but I do not know your name.”
 
She smiled while handing him his meal. “Sango.”
 
“Thank you Sango. I very much appreciate that your offer.”
 
“Of course I offered. You're a part of this pack too. You deserve dinner just as much as everyone else.” She watched as his large yellow eyes shimmered in admiration. “This is Miroku and this is Kirara,” she said while pointing at each respectively. “Just in case you didn't know.”
 
He nodded in response before swallowing down the noodles he had in his mouth. “Miroku and Kirara, and Sango. This Jaken will remember. Thank you again.” He was nearly groveling in his thanks and Sango found herself quite surprised. The little toad had always been so unpleasant and rude. She wondered what had happened to change his attitude towards humans so quickly. But then it most likely had something to do with the demon lord. He would never have allowed Jaken to disrespect Kagome. That had to be it.
 
“Sango? Do you think Mama's ever gonna come back?”
 
“I'm sure she will, Rin. It's starting to get dark. They'll come back soon. But there's no reason to worry. Kagome is safe with Lord Sesshoumaru.” Rin nodded her agreement and continued to slurp up the instant noodles. “But it's probably a good idea for you guys to get ready and go to sleep anyway. I'm sure she wouldn't want you guys to stay up and wait for them. You need your sleep to grow up healthy and strong.”
 
“Alright, Sango. Rin will go to bed.” Sango smiled at the little girl. The way she spoke was definitely similar to the whole `this Sesshoumaru' bit and it was definitely cute. Once everyone had finished eating Miroku and Jaken both helped Sango get the children ready for bed. They had even managed to talk the monk into reading them a bedtime story since Kagome hadn't returned to do so. Once they had all fallen asleep, Jaken included as he had had a very busy day, Miroku was sitting by the fire. He was rather surprised when Sango moved to sit right beside him. She usually tried to keep a bit of distance so his hands couldn't reach her. He looked at the woman he loved with every inch of his being. The glow of the fire light on her face made her look absolutely ethereal and he had to fight to keep his hands to himself. He wanted to cup her cheeks, the ones on her face this time, and pull her in for a kiss, one that would let her know how he really felt. But he couldn't do that. Not as long as the wind tunnel remained in his hand.
 
“Miroku? Can I talk to you for a minute?”
 
Miroku was rather startled. She rarely used his name, usually calling him monk. “Oh course my dear Sango. I am always happy to hear your voice.”
 
She smiled at him. She understood now. Kirara had helped her so much by telling her how the monk really felt. “I've been thinking. You know, I am so lucky to have met all of you, to get to know you. Kagome is the sister I've never had. Inuyasha, well he's sort of like an older brother. A rude and obnoxious one, but still. And you, Miroku. I am so glad that I've had this time with you. You mean a lot to me, did you know that? Sometimes I think that if only things were different maybe… oh I don't know. Just, you're important to me. I care about you.” As she said this she surprised the monk even further by leaning against him and laying her head on his shoulder. She had wanted to say so much more but she didn't know how. She wanted to tell him that she loved him too, that she didn't care about the wind tunnel, and that she would rather have some time with him and then lose him then never have the time at all. But even knowing all she did of his feelings she was still afraid. She still feared he would turn her away, keep her at arms length. He didn't need to protect her. She had finally figured out that pain is a part of life and that being afraid of the pain only hurts you more. Being afraid of the pain holds you back, prevents you from experiencing wonderful things just to ensure you don't end up hurt. It would be worth it, in Sango's mind, to suffer the pain of losing him if it came to that if only they had spent the time they had making the most of each and every day. And she wasn't ready to give up either. She was convinced that they would find a way to kill Naraku, to break the curse so that Miroku could live a long and happy life, maybe even with her.
 
He didn't know what to say to her. He ached to tell her how he felt but the cloth covering his cursed hand and the beads that sealed the void always held him back. She was so close, her head on his shoulder. He leaned down and smelled her hair. It smelled wonderful. He moved his arm, wrapping it around her shoulders and holding her close beside him. He even managed to keep himself from grabbing her ass while he did so. Now was not the time for that. He didn't know what was going on in her mind but he knew this moment was special and he refused to ruin it. She snuggled closer in his hold and eventually drifted off to sleep. He waited a while to be sure she was really asleep before he brushed the bangs off her forehead and kissed it softly. “I love you my dearest Sango,” he whispered before lifting her in his arms and carrying her to her already laid out bedding. He settled in beside her and she rolled to her side to rest her head over his heart, his arm wrapped around her waist. Eventually he drifted to sleep as well, to sweet dreams of a day when he could tell her how he felt when she was awake to hear, of a time when they could be together without the ever present threat of his impending demise. Sango smiled where her head lay on the monk's chest. She had heard him. He really did love her. Now to find a way to get him to admit it to her so they could finally be together.
 
~
 
It was well after dark when Kagome finally stirred. As she woke she took in her surroundings. She was wrapped in warmth. She could feel the fur of mokomoko covering her, the softness tickling her bare skin. And then she realized she was naked. As she began to move she felt an arm around her tighten as she was pulled closer into a warm hard chest. She let out a little murmur of pleasure at the feel of her bare skin meeting his and heard him chuckle.
 
“And what are you laughing about?” she asked, her voice still groggy.
 
“This Sesshoumaru is surprised at how long you slept. And do not think I missed the sound you just made. So am I correct in the assumption that you are comfortable?”
 
“MmmHmm,” she mumbled into his chest.
 
“As am I, though we should probably return to camp before the others become worried.”
 
“NuhUhn. Not moving.” He chuckled again before letting out a growling moan as she nuzzled closer into him. “And you say you want to move? I doubt it.”
 
“If you wish to stay here then we shall. No one will bother us. My barrier still holds.”
 
“Well then shut up and let me go back to sleep,” she muttered. He leaned down and kissed her forehead gently before allowing sleep to take him once again. There was absolutely nothing like it, sleeping with the love of his near-immortal life naked in his arm, her body pressed close against his. Nothing else could be so perfect.
 
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Iwoa - stone man
Tadao - loyal man
 
 
Anyone who wants to check out the pictures of my pumpkins and Destiny in her plethora of costumes, go to the link below.
 
http://www.flickr.com/gp/17380476@N07/jxjop6
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
Chaos - Glad you liked the lime. I was worried about it.
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - Great name by the way! I'm glad you liked the way I developed them first. I didn't want to jump into the sex stuff right away without any real relationship.
 
Sandreline - Glad you liked it but I still haven't figured out a way for you to switch places with her. Nice to see you again.
 
Ceira - Tiring maybe, but worth every second. And I was happy to add you to the list. It's getting pretty long too!
 
Bre - Thanks for the support!
Rainbowchaser73 - Glad you found it and even more glad you like it! I do my best to update every day so you shouldn't have to wait too long!
 
Marquisha - glad you liked it! Thanks for the review!
 
Meara - I'm glad you think I did well. That was my first lime attempt. And the orthopedist failed me miserably. No one can fix my foot and the ankle is where I broke it four years ago and every time it rains it's like I can feel the exact spot where it's broken and like it's going to snap right there. I hurt my foot five days before Halloween last year so its been over a full year now. All I did was step funny and it screwed up a tendon in the arch of my foot. The orthopedist said it's something I'll just have to live with but half the time I can't even walk on the damn thing without wanting to die. Podiatrist was useless. My primary care doc is actually helping more than either of the specialists but still not much.
 
Michelle - If she brought back one gameboy she would need nine! Just a week old! Oh so cute at that age! We're trying to get pregnant with our second but no luck yet. Meanwhile Destiny was conceived on our first try. I just got a new nephew in august though!
 
Kagome-chan - Anything is possible with Naraku. At the moment though he doesn't know about Sess and Kagome so he can't be plotting that just yet.
 
Cocoke5 - Glad you're enjoying the story still. Thanks for the review!
 
Sweet dark silence - Glad you like it so much! I try my best to keep out any spelling errors but there are always those typos that word doesn't catch.
 
Jessi - The link for pics of the pumpkins is above a bit. Yeah, Wednesday was fun but exhausting.
 
Childofthemoon - Check out the link above for pumpkin pics. I know what you mean about yucky. I did them on Tuesday and by Thursday they're all soft and moldy. Good thing I took the pics right away! Remind me a day or two before your birthday and I'll try to put up double chapters for you.
 
Monk-miko - Glad you liked it. I worked on that for a whole day and then tweaked it for like a week! I get disappointed sometimes too when the story is great but the lemon is nearly skipped over. I always try to make sure I don't do any of the things that drive me crazy when other authors do it. Hope you keep enjoying!
 
 
Arryelle - Even though you didn't review yet I noticed you put me on the recommended list. You are so absolutely sweet! You made me blush with all the nice stuff you said!
 
And everyone who reads on a single spark, could ya do me a favor and rate the chapters when you review. It's not really a big deal but I have 388 reviews and only 67 votes. If you have the time. No biggie. And I know Kagome and Sesshoumaru were barely in this chapter, but they are definitely in the next one with a bit more lime action too!