InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Don't Fuck With Mom ( Chapter 47 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 47 - Don't Fuck With Mom
 
Happy Birthday Child_of_the_moon!
 
 
It had been a while now since they had returned to camp to let everyone know the Kagome was safe. Rin and Sango nearly cried once more in their relief. Miroku calmed and silently thanked the Kamis. Even Jaken looked relieved. Kirara and Kazue returned to their smaller forms and everyone had settled in for the night. Everyone was asleep now, they were sure of it.
 
Isamu and Yuudai had pretended to sleep as they waited for everyone else to drift off. Now that everyone was oblivious to their movements the two rose and moved silently out of their camp. They didn't care what Yoshi and Shin said. They were still worried about their Mama. The mark had cut. She had been dead. They were sure of it. They had guessed that father had used his sword on her to bring her back. It was the only thing that made sense. But whatever had happened that had allowed her to be injured and die while with their all powerful father was what worried them. What if they needed help? While her emotions didn't necessarily indicate it, it could still be a possibility. Her emotions had been changing rapidly since the mark had returned. She had felt happy and relieved for a while before becoming nervous and worried once again. Then she was frustrated and then happy again but now she was asleep. They refused to wait for her to come back to them. They needed to know that she was alright now. And so the two youngest sons of the inu taiyoukai of the west snuck away from their brothers and the rest of their pack. Once they were far enough away they transformed and took off, running in the direction they could feel her in.
 
It was dark, really dark. Only the stars illuminated the sky, the moon in hiding for the night. Even with their demon sight it was dark but they refused to be frightened. They would not return to camp. They would find her. They ran through the forest as fast as their little legs and youkai strength could carry them, running to their Mama.
 
~
 
He had been rather surprised when just a single Saimyosho returned to report. What the solitary insect told him however, that was even more surprising. He had been trying to discover Inuyasha's night of weakness for years now and finally the hanyou had slipped up and revealed his secret. And now a plan was forming in his warped, evil mind, a plan that would finally kill the hanyou and that would break the very soul of the miko who loved him. He would be able to take her then and she would help him find the rest of the jewel shards. She would no longer have the will to fight him with her hanyou gone. He was sure of it. Naraku chuckled darkly while polishing his glowing black portion of the jewel he so coveted. Tomorrow he would begin to ready things for this new and wonderful plan. He had much to do and he only had twenty-eight days to do it in. The evil smirk that spoke of misery and death danced on his face, his red eyes shining in the darkness. Yes, soon the hanyou who had plagued him for so long would finally die.
 
~
 
While he finished his beloved noodles, Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru spoke quietly, making sure to not wake their sleeping miko. They talked like each had secretly wished for, like real brothers. They shared their feelings for the woman who meant the world to them both. They talked of the past and began to understand each other's actions over the last two years. Kagome had only brought a single blanket with her, leaving the majority of her bedding behind for the children. When he had finished his dinner Inuyasha retrieved the blanket from her bag and spread it on the ground. He watched as his brother, using his one arm and his mokomoko, lifted the most important woman in either of their lives and lay her gently on the makeshift bed. He felt a jolt of guilt at the sight. He had taken his brother's arm, his brother who had secretly protected him for all those years. It didn't seem fair, not even a tiny bit. He hadn't just taken away an arm. He had taken Sesshoumaru's ability to hold the woman he loved tightly in both arms. He couldn't pick her up without help. He wished there was some way, any way to return what he had stolen. Hell, if Inuyasha could have given Sesshoumaru his own arm to replace the one he had taken he would have. He knew what it was like to hold Kagome with both arms and it wasn't right that Sesshoumaru never would.
 
The fur curled around her, forming a pillow under her head and covering most of her form to keep her warm. Usually he would stay awake the entire night of the new moon but he was tired and he was sure his brother would detect any trouble and ensure their safety. Inuyasha lay on one side of the sleeping miko and Sesshoumaru lay on the other after having removed his armor and swords. Each snuggled into her, neither minding the other a bit. They understood each other now. Inuyasha knew that Sesshoumaru loved Kagome and would never do anything to hurt her. Sesshoumaru knew that Inuyasha loved Kagome as his best friend or sister and she loved him just the same. And so the two alphas and the beta of the pack lay there in the dimming light of the fire and the two brothers drifted off to sleep, each comforted by her presence.
 
~
 
They had to stop and take a break. They had been running at top speed for over an hour but they were probably only a quarter of the way to her at the very best. Being the youngest, Isamu and Yuudai couldn't run as fast as their brothers and certainly not for as long. The two sat panting for several minutes before resuming their course. They would be lucky if they reached her by dawn but the two determined little boys didn't realize it. They hadn't taken the time to think things through before they started out and it was too late to reconsider now anyway. They were determined to keep running and to find her, no matter how long it took them.
 
~
 
Kagome was in the gardens of the palace once more, but this time she sat on the edge of a beautifully ornate fountain. Beside her sat a beautiful woman but it wasn't Sesshoumaru's mother this time. No, it was Inuyasha's. It was Izayoi. She smiled at the miko and Kagome found herself smiling back.
 
“You have brought my son much happiness. You have not only returned to him his only remaining family but have given him a whole new one as well. For this I must thank you.” The human princess's voice was soft and melodic and Kagome was rather relieved to be able to hear what she was saying. “There are several things you need to know. If you do not do as I ask my son will die in but a month's time.” Kagome gasped and opened her mouth to speak but was silenced by Izayoi's raised hand. “Do not ask how or how it is that I know. My beautiful Inuyasha has a weakness given to him by my blood and if he does not receive your gift in time it will be that weakness that shall bring about his downfall.”
 
“My gift?”
 
“Yes, Kagome. The four spirits that combine to make up your heart and the source of your powers must remain so that you may complete your mission. You have four gifts to give, one to each of the embodiments of your spirits to strengthen and protect them. My son, your courage, cannot die before the prophecy is complete. This is why I have come to you. His gift cannot wait. You must give it to him now.”
 
“Okay, but what is the gift? How do I give it to him? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do.”
 
“Before you leave your place of rest for the night you must connect him to yourself as you have done with the others. From there you must allow instinct to guide you. The other gifts will reveal themselves when they are most needed. You must be going soon but first, please, could you give a message to my Inuyasha?” Kagome nodded. “Please tell him that I love him and that I am so proud of him. Tell him that everything has happened like it was meant to and that the path before him, though long, will lead him to everything he desires.”
 
“I will. I'll tell him for you. Lady Izayoi can I ask you something?”
 
“Of course my dear.”
 
“How is it that you can speak with me clearly but Sesshoumaru's mother could not? She has been trying to tell him something but neither of us understands what it is.”
 
“Misaki has been gone from the living world much longer than I have. Her spirit grows tired and weak. Her message will become clear with time. You need to wake now. There is much you will need to do once dawn arrives.”
 
Kagome watched as Izayoi faded away followed by the garden around her and the fountain she sat on until she was surrounded by darkness. Slowly she opened her eyes to see a raven haired boy sleeping peacefully beside her while she could feel the warmth of another pressed against her back. Looking around she couldn't see much. The fire had gone out during the night. She tilted her head back as far as she could to look out the opening of the cave. She could see the first signs of dawn approaching. She looked back at the human Inuyasha as she felt the pulse of power from his still sleeping form. She always loved to watch him change. It was amazing and beautiful, absolutely mystifying. She smiled as she watched his hair turn its bright silvery white and his ears shifted and changed until they were once more the puppy ears she adored so. She could see one fang poke out over his bottom lip and she could see his fingernails grow into the claws he had used so many times to protect her. Slowly he opened his golden eyes and met hers.
 
His voice was a whisper as he spoke. “Lemme tell ya, I don't think I've slept so good in years, and never on that night.”
 
“I know. I was surprised to see you sleeping. Inuyasha?” she whispered back.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“The marks I have from Sesshoumaru, Shippo, and the boys, would you want to do that too?”
 
He hesitated before he started. “I… Kagome I can't… It would only…I wish I could… I just… can't.”
 
The deep voice that came from behind her surprised them both as they had both assumed he was still sleeping. “He fears that marking you would put you in danger. Other demons would know you bore the mark of a hanyou and would kill you for it. But his worry is foolish.”
 
“Why the fuck is it foolish?” he asked while sitting up, whispering completely forgotten. “You know how demons feel about hanyou. I couldn't put Kagome in that kind of danger.”
 
Sesshoumaru sat up, pulling Kagome with him so that she rested in his lap with his hand on her stomach. “It is foolish because she also bears the marks of nine full demons. Very few demons would notice your mark as it would be far surpassed by the power of the others. It would not now put her in danger as it would have in the past. Is there a reason you asked, Kagome?”
 
She giggled as she felt his nose nuzzling into her neck. “Stop, stop. Serious conversation here and I can't do that with you tickling me like that.” He pulled back rather grudgingly, causing Inuyasha to snicker at the pouting look on his brother's face. “You stop it too. I had another weird dream.”
 
“Did you dream of mother again?”
 
“Well, I dreamed of a mother, but it wasn't yours. It was your mother, Inuyasha. She spoke to me last night. She said that you need to bond with me like I did with the others. You're going to be in danger on your human night next month and if I don't give you my gift you'll die, and I apparently can't give you the gift until we bond.”
 
“You talked to my mother? Are you sure?” Kagome nodded before leaning forward and reaching up with one hand, brushing it through his hair while showing him the dream. “It… it really was her,” he said so low Kagome wouldn't have heard it if it wasn't for her oddly increased hearing.
 
“She said I have a gift to give to each of the four that will strengthen and protect them and that they'll reveal themselves when they are most needed.”
 
“So then you could understand everything Izayoi said?” Sesshoumaru was rather bothered by that. Why could Izayoi communicate clearly but not his mother?
 
“Yeah. I asked her about it. She said your mother has been gone longer, that her spirit is tired. She isn't strong enough. But she said we would understand her message eventually. So it's safe for Inuyasha to mark me then?” He nodded behind her. “Inuyasha, I would love to wear your mark. It wouldn't put me in danger and you know I love you just the way you are. It doesn't matter to me what you are, only who you are.”
 
“Really? You wouldn't be embarrassed?”
 
“Why would I be embarrassed to be bonded to my best friend?” She watched as the insecure look on Inuyasha's face melted into one of happiness, real happiness that went all the way to his eyes. “Well? Come over here and do it then!”
 
Inuyasha scooted closer and looked at her. “Where, though? If you keep this up you won't have any plain skin left!”
 
“Uhhmm,” Kagome said as she thought. Where could he put it? She didn't want it to be somewhere where he would feel like she was hiding it, but she also wanted it to be somewhere she could see it. She never understood people who got tattoos on their backs. Why go through all the trouble for art you can't even see? “How about on my right arm here below Shippo's? There's enough room, right?”
 
“Yeah, should be. Are you sure you want to do this Kagome? I'll understand if you don't. I don't want you to be doing this just because my mother…”
“Stop it Inuyasha. Of course I'm sure. I would have asked you whether your mother spoke to me or not so it doesn't matter whether it's now or later. Now get on with it. We need to get back to the others sometime this morning.”
 
“Are you gonna mark me too, like you did the kids? I noticed Sesshoumaru doesn't have your mark.” He reached up to touch the skin where his mark would be for the rest of her life.
 
She smiled at him as his claws grazed her arm carefully. “Do you want me to? It's a good idea, at least I think so. It should protect you from others with holy powers.”
 
“Why didn't she mark you then?” Inuyasha asked while looking at his brother.
 
“We have yet to discuss it. Stop delaying and mark her Inuyasha.”
 
The hanyou looked into his brother's eyes before looking away in shame. “I don't know how,” he said softly.
 
Kagome reached out and used his chin to turn his face back towards her. “There's nothing to be ashamed of. It's not your fault.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will tell you how. It is not difficult or complicated.” Kagome sat still as Sesshoumaru explained the process and watched as Inuyasha marked her, connecting them forever. His mark was just as original as the hanyou himself. There was a red crescent moon turned on its side so the open side faced down. On the top curve of the moon were two silver ears, making the moon look similar to a headband with ears. Under the crescent moon was the transformed Tetsusaiga, the giant fang curving the whole width of the moon. The end even had the fur of the real sword. “Quite an impressive mark, I must say brother.”
 
“It's perfect. It's you. The ears, the sword, the moon in red, just perfect. I love it. Thank you, Inuyasha.”
 
When she smiled at him he could feel her happiness through the connection he had just created. It was an amazing feeling, being connected to the person he trusted with his very life. To be able to know when she needed him so he could keep her safe was what he had always wanted but had been too afraid to do. “I want you to mark me too, Kagome.”
 
“Alright. Just relax and don't fight it. Shippo said it didn't hurt, that it felt like being surrounded by warmth. Close your eyes for me.” Kagome placed a hand over his heart and one on his forehead, never leaving Sesshoumaru's lap. She closed her eyes and called her power. Sesshoumaru watched with interest as the teardrop formed under Inuyasha's left eye, flaring to life before settling into his skin. “So how was it?”
 
Inuyasha opened his eyes slowly and looked at her. “It was… it was amazing. It felt like you had your arms wrapped around me, like every bit of your love and caring was focused solely on me. I'll never forget it.”
 
“What… is that?” Sesshoumaru asked slowly. Kagome and Inuyasha turned to look at what he was staring at. It was a box, Izayoi's box, the one he could never open. It appeared as though red light were shining out through the seams.
 
“It's my mother's but I have no idea what's inside. I could never open the thing.”
 
Kagome felt herself being drawn to the box as she slid from Sesshoumaru's lap, stood, and walked towards the glow. “Kagome, we do not know what is causing the glow. It may not be safe. Do not touch…” He stopped talking as she touched the box as if she couldn't even hear him. At her touch the lid to the box lifted on its own. Inside was the now obvious source of the glow. Resting on the black velvet lining of the box was a stone, a crystal. It was a translucent red and in the shape of a heart. The surface was faceted, adding to the beauty of the item. Kagome reached out and touched it. The second she did the bright, glowing light disappeared and the heart broke. The top left quadrant of the crystal separated from the remaining three quarters of the heart.
 
Inuyasha was frozen in place. All of the long years he had possessed the box he had never been able to open it but it opened for Kagome. The crystal heart was beautiful and he felt drawn to it, like it was a part of him, that it would complete him. He watched it break and she picked up the two pieces. With her right hand she reached out to him, holding out the larger piece of the mysterious item. He reached out to take what she offered. As his fingers met with the surface everything went black.
 
Sesshoumaru had managed to catch her before she hit the ground but his brother wasn't as lucky and had fallen to the rocky cave floor. He didn't know what was happening but he didn't like it one bit. She and Inuyasha were unconscious or in a trance or something. Neither responded as he called out to them. No, he didn't like this at all.
 
~
 
It was already past dawn and they hadn't made it to her yet. They were close, they knew, but they were tired. They had stopped at a stream to drink, transforming to their humanoid forms and kneeling at the waters edge. Neither was paying much attention to their surroundings as they gulped down the wonderfully cold liquid.
 
“Demons! What is your reason for being so near to this village?” At the angry female voice they turned to see a woman dressed in traditional miko's clothing holding a bow with an arrow trained on them. They didn't know what to do, what to say. She looked ready to kill them. Her hatred was so strong they could smell it in her scent as it reached them on the breeze. “Answer or die,” she hissed at the two children.
 
“We… we're just… just getting a drink. We were thirsty,” Yuudai said, trying his best to not quiver as he spoke.
 
“We mean no harm. We didn't even realize a village was nearby.” Isamu sounded a little calmer than his brother but he was just as terrified.
 
“Lies! Disgusting beasts. Did you come to steal our children? Or to slaughter our animals?”
 
They both looked at her in shock. “No! We're looking for our Mama, that's all. We stopped for a drink. We would never attack a village.”
 
“More lies. Demons cannot be trusted. They should all be slaughtered on sight, killed like the beasts they are.” As she spoke she pulled the arrow taut and released it, sending the brightly glowing projectile flying for Isamu's heart.
 
~
 
Everything was shrouded in darkness. “Not again,” Kagome groaned. “I didn't even die this time!”
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha called from what sounded like right beside her. She felt his hand on hers now, as she still held the pieces of the red crystal heart. “What the hell do you mean you didn't die this time?”
 
“Never mind. Not now. Is anybody there?” she called out to the darkness.
 
A white light slowly started to glow in front of them as the pieces of the crystal started to glow again as well. Then she stepped into the light. “Mother!” Inuyasha cried out. He reached for her but his hand passed right through as if she wasn't there at all.
 
“Hello my son. I see you did as I asked, Kagome.” Kagome nodded. “Let me explain. The crystal you hold contains the gift you are giving. The smaller piece will remain with you.” Izayoi lifted a finger and the piece in Kagome's left hand appeared to sink into her palm, disappearing completely, though she felt nothing. No pressure or tingling, nothing that you might expect to happen when a solid piece of anything forced its way into your hand. “The larger piece will become a part of you, Inuyasha. Kagome, press the crystal over his heart.” The dazed miko did as requested, holding the larger piece of the heart to her hanyou's chest over his heart. They both watched on in awe as it disappeared through his clothing, appearing to continue on into his chest. “Do you feel any different, my son?”
 
“Yeah…I… I feel odd. Almost like… when I'm gonna… lose control …and transform. It's like that only…only my mind… isn't changing too.” He looked at his hands as his claws extended. “Kagome!” If he was going to transform then she needed to get away from him.
 
“Do not be afraid. This is your gift. She gives to you, her courage, the ability to access your full demon strength without losing control or risking losing your human heart or your soul. Even on the night of the new moon, though you will appear to transform into a human you will still be able to call forth your demon power if necessary. You will never be in danger during the new moon again. You will always have the ability to protect yourself and those you care about. It was Kagome's greatest wish for you, to ensure your happiness and safety.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome before throwing his arms around her and holding her tight. “Is that true? You wished this for me?”
 
She hugged him back while answering. “Well yeah, but I didn't know it would happen. I know how much you hate being human because you hate feeling weak and vulnerable. That's why you wanted to use the jewel to become a full demon. But to do that you would have given up the part of you that was given by your mother. It would have changed who you are and I never wanted that. I only want for you to be able to accept who and what you are and be happy.”
 
“I must go now, my son. My task is complete and I can now truly rest. You must return. Your Sakimitama is getting rather upset and someone needs you.” As her last words echoed in the surrounding darkness the human princess faded away. Kagome blinked and when she reopened her eyes she was looking into worried golden ones.
 
“Sesshoumaru, I'm okay,” she said with a smile before finding herself the recipient of a deep and passionate kiss, his tongue tracing her lips, causing her to moan and give him full access to her welcoming mouth. Their tongues danced together for a moment until they both heard the sound of `someone' clearing their throat rather loudly. Sesshoumaru reluctantly pulled back and stood, pulling her up after him.
 
“Fuck, man! Was that really necessary?”
 
Sesshoumaru smirked at his blushing and obviously embarrassed little brother. “Most definitely.”
 
Kagome looked back and forth between the brothers before starting to laugh. She stopped rather quickly though when she felt it. It was a tug on her soul, a lot like when she sensed a jewel shard, except this was different. She closed her eyes and saw them. Isamu and Yuudai were standing side by side holding hands and shielding their eyes with their other hands. Around them shimmered a bright pink barrier and outside it was a miko readying an arrow to shoot at her pups. “Guys, we have to go NOW!
 
~
 
They were certain they were going to die. As the arrow sped towards them they stood frozen in place. A bright light exploded in front of them causing them to shield their eyes with their hands. When they realized that they were not yet dead they looked out towards the now even more furious miko who was preparing to shoot at them once more. “I do not know how you managed to deflect my arrow but I promise you will not do it again.” She pulled the bowstring taut and released another, even more brightly glowing arrow. Once again the arrow met the barrier with a blinding flash of light. This time, however, when they could see again they were no longer alone in the clearing.
 
Their mother stood in front of them with an arrow strung up in her own bow, aimed at the offending priestess. Their father and uncle stood on either side of them, both snarling dangerously. “I don't know who the hell you think you are, bitch, but you will drop the fucking bow right now or I will kill you. How dare you attack these children, my children?”
 
The miko stared in confusion. She hadn't even sensed their approach. And the one who had an arrow aimed at her, she was certain the oddly dressed girl was human, another miko even, and yet she called these demon children her own? “Why do you defend the demons? Are you not a miko as well?”
 
“I am Kagome, the Shikon Miko. I defend the demons because they are my children. They have done nothing to you and yet you attempt to kill them. Why?”
 
“All demons deserve to be slaughtered. They are evil, attacking our villages, stealing our women and children, killing our animals and destroying our homes and fields. It is rather disappointing to find that the Shikon Miko is nothing but a demon's whore.” Her indignant look disappeared as the eyes of the tall demon and the hanyou both bled red and their snarls increased in volume. She pulled another arrow and released it at the hanyou who was a bit closer to her. Another bright pink barrier erected itself and the arrow dissolved in a bright flash of light. “It is disgusting. You use your powers to protect the demons? The powers given by the Kamis to purify all demons from the lands are wasted on filth such as you.”
 
Kagome reached out and grabbed Sesshoumaru's wrist to keep him from advancing. “You have no idea what you are talking about. Not all demons are evil and they do not deserve to be killed on sight.”
 
“Ha! Just yesterday a hoard of demons attacked the village to the north of us, attempting to kidnap their women as slaves.”
 
“Yes, I know. And who stopped them?”
 
“A traveling miko protected the village.”
 
“Why yes, yes she did, with the help of a demon, of this demon. We fought the snake demons that attacked the village. Lord Sesshoumaru defeated them all and I died trying to protect their women. Your prejudice blinds you. Had you succeeded in killing these children you would have called hell itself down upon you and your village. These are the heirs to the Western Lands and this is their father, the Lord of the Western Lands.” After a silent question she continued. “And you and your village are in the Western Lands. You dare insult your Lord and attack his children?” The other miko was silent. She had no idea. And now she knew she was in big trouble. Kagome walked forward, stopping directly in front of the now shaking woman who was staring at the very tall demon lord that stood on the left of the miko. She reached forward and pulled the bow from the miko's limp hold, handing it to Sesshoumaru who tightened his grip, shattering the wood into nothing but splinters. She pulled the quiver of arrows from the miko's shoulder and tossed it to the ground. “You will never again attack a defenseless child just because they are a demon. You will never purify another living thing.” Kagome reached out her hand once more, this time touching her fingertips to the miko's forehead. “These powers that you claim are wasted on me, you do not deserve them.” As she spoke a bright blue light shone from where her fingers met the woman's skin, flowing from her and into Kagome.
 
When she pulled back the woman who was no longer a miko fell to her knees and pressed her forehead to the ground. “Please forgive me. I didn't know. Please do not punish the village for my mistake.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not punish those who are not deserving. Go back to your people and tell them of your foolishness and its consequences. Tell them why they no longer have a miko to protect them.”
 
“I left you the power to heal but you will never again have the power to fight demons. The people will learn that not all demons are their enemies. There are good demons and evil demons just as there are both good and evil humans. Know that you are lucky to escape with your life. Go.” The woman jumped to her feet and ran for her life towards the village. “Isamu? Yuudai? Why are you here?” Kagome's voice held both worry and anger.
 
“We… Mama, we're sorry! We were worried!”
 
“Yesterday the marks cut!”
 
“We felt you die!”
 
“But then the connection came back and…”
 
“…Yoshi made us all return to camp to await your return.”
 
“But we couldn't wait!”
 
“So we snuck away.”
 
“We're really sorry!” they cried out in unison, tears streaming down their cheeks.
 
Kagome walked to them and dropped to her knees before pulling them into her arms. “I'm sorry I frightened you yesterday but you should have listened to your brother. It's not safe for you to be out here alone.”
 
“We know. We're sorry, Mama.”
 
She kissed their foreheads before looking up at Sesshoumaru. “You will be punished for your disobedience but first we must return to camp.”
 
“We have to go back and get my stuff and your armor before we go.” Sesshoumaru nodded and in seconds they were floating away on Sesshoumaru's youki cloud while Inuyasha followed in the trees. Kagome still held the two exhausted little boys who fell asleep immediately; finally able to rest now that they were in their mother's arms.
 
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Before I forget, I am trying to decide on a word for Sesshoumaru's beads. I'm not sure if I want another dog command or something else. I have a couple ideas but I thought maybe you guys would like to give me a few more to choose from. If you have an idea put it in a review and I'll make a list. Thanks guys!
 
Sorry this is late in the day. Me and the kid are both getting sick and our shed decided to be worthless. Big ass ants got in and laid eggs I guess because there was nasty little larva things eating through any and all cardboard boxes and killed some of our paperback books, one of my high school yearbooks, hell, they even ate through some clothes! The books weren't supposed to be out there anyway but somehow they got there. We have 5 big book shelves, a five drawer dresser full of paperbacks, two smaller book shelves, and my china cabinet is full of books too. If you didn't notice, we have an ass load of books!
 
Anyway, so we had to take everything out of the shed, go through all the stuff and find what was salvageable and what had to go. Rather upsetting. And then we had to bring all the still okay boxes inside, the dining room is stuffed, and the yard is lined with plastic totes, so we can caulk and spray to kill the damn things. So to summarize, my day sucked.
 
This chapter is going up for Child_of_the_moon, whose birthday is today!
 
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
Sunset love - You know, research papers used to be my absolute favorite. Yeah, I actually liked doing them! Sucks to lose your work though, especially right at the deadline. I always loved school. It was the other kids that I didn't like. I was in the IB (International Baccalaureate) program. If you don't know what that is it's like college level, above AP (Advanced Placement) and they have big exams at the end. If your scores are good enough you can enter college as a Junior, and get the Florida Bright Scholars scholarship. I missed half my senior year and still qualified for 75% tuition paid. And placed in the top hundred or something, way higher than I had expected since I had to beg my Social Studies teacher to give me a C so I could graduate. Still boggles my mind. Anyway, that wasn't my point. Most of the kids in the program partied all the time, coming to school talking about how drunk or high they got and who they fucked. Yeah, totally not my thing. I'm much happier to be left alone and do my work alone rather than group stuff. I absolutely hated group projects.
 
Glad my story helps you get through the day. About the voice, not telling ;-)
 
Ginrei - Glad you liked the brothers scene. I figured we needed something sweet after I killed Kagome and upset you all.
 
Dee - I'm glad you're hooked. Makes me feel special. I hope you're ready for a long ride!
 
Chaos - I can see the gears turning trying to figure out the up coming transformation. Eh, I kinda like mushy, at least here and there. But I refuse to make everything all sunshine and daisies. There will be more terrible cliffies in the future!
 
Kagome-chan - I don't plan on stopping. I'm too interested in finding out what happens. Sure, I know the main plot but every day new things pop in and say hello so I have no idea how this will turn out. I'm just as eager for new chapters as you are!
 
Ivystone - I couldn't kill Inuyasha. I've already killed Kanna and Kikyo. Gotta keep the puppy ears! I don't even know how to thank you for the compliment about the crying scene. You made me feel all special and stuff!
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - Glad you're enjoying the story. I realized yesterday that you wrote An Itch to Scratch. I absolutely loved it! (Even though I was a bad bad reader and didn't review) It was definitely a favorite.
 
Ceira - Glad you liked the brother hug. The pack is now really a pack, and all kinds of new pack stuff will be coming up. Kouga starts his trip to them in a few chapters. Thanks for the review!
 
Mtnodjmet - Glad you like the fights and the brotherly bits. Thanks for the hugs and the smiles!
 
Reine - I actually held your attention for 46 chapters straight? I've done that with others but to think that it's good enough to make you miss lunch, I'm honored. Absolutely honored. Glad you like the pace. About the mother you mentioned, that's just terrible. It amazes me that parents don't worry about people walking off with their kids with all the stories in the news and stuff. I always have a hold on a hand or on her head, or she's attached to daddy and grandma. I'm probably overprotective but no one will be sneaking off with my kid. When I was younger I rode the bus home from school and the stop was two blocks from my house. This guy drove alongside me once, trying to get me to take a ride home from him. Wouldn't leave me alone. He was still trying to talk me into his car at the end of my driveway and when I went inside and locked the doors (latchkey kid, home alone) he sat at the end of the driveway for a while. Freaked me out. I think he saw or heard the dogs cuz he lefts after a bit. Just the thought gives me the heebie jeebies. I didn't want to walk home for a long time. Something I'll never forget.
 
Lolo - Glad you like it. I'm and only child and I hate it when siblings don't get along cuz I always wanted one.
 
Rainbowchaser73 - It's funny, I just said how I hate when siblings don't get along in the response right above this one. So I definitely agree with you. My intention was to build suspense so I'm glad I succeeded!
 
Lester Joe - I guess I didn't see it as a tissue chapter. I don't cry easily. But then the last few days I cry every time I see a certain music video so I guess it depends. And I keep watching the damn thing anyway. In case you're curious. I think it's absolutely brilliant.
 
http://www.spinner.com/2007/11/01/video-of-the-day-serj-tankian-e mpty-walls/
 
I've been writing down the ideas and little outlines so I don't lose my ideas. This one is going to take so long I won't be able to start a new one for months. I'm thinking about doing an AU next. I have a couple different ideas for that. I am going to try very hard not to start another because I'm sure they would both suffer and I'd end up confused.

K.M. - The shard or the tears? Or because they had finished talking maybe? Not telling. Glad you liked it!
 
Sandra - Thanks for not lynching me. Glad you had a better day. Now that I've figured it out I like the FF.net system. I can see what chapters the reviews are for and actually see the number of people who have it marked favorite or alert and who they are. And see how many hits per chapter. Media miner shows that but none of the other stuff. I like checking out the stats.
 
Shdwshifter - Up until the week before Halloween I was updating everyday. I got so busy then that I didn't get to write and my usual ten chapters ahead dwindled down to like four. That's why they're not going up everyday again yet. Once I get caught up then they most likely will. Glad you like the story.
 
Sweet dark silence - Loved your post. See, now I'd be willing to sleep outside if I could snuggle up against a giant furry Sesshoumaru. Hell, he can even eat the car if he flies me where I need to go. Glad you're enjoying the story!
 
Arryelle - I'm honored you think I made Sesshy cry right. And I'm over here giggling. I noticed last night wile I was writing Kagome does a lot of giggling, and it's always when I'm doing it too. I know what you mean about having a bad relationship with your mom. I have that with my dad. And my mother and her mother don't get along either. My grandmother is always judging and being downright rude. We actually stopped talking to them for two whole years because they were so nasty. My mom and her brother are both adopted and mom was first but my uncle is the perfect child and my mother is nothing but a disappointment. He married a nasty bitch and informed him he couldn't have kids. He would have been a great dad. He was always my favorite person before she came along. So they have cocker spaniels who get treated better than me or destiny. So not fair. And then my husband, he has two sisters. The oldest is their mother's absolute favorite, then the other is nothing but a slave and treated like she's worthless, and then david, he's the youngest, its like he doesn't even exist. So the oldest sister's kids, she spoils them, meanwhile I'm lucky if they can spare the time to come to destiny's birthday party. The only family I really have is my mom and my husband's dad. He's like my new surrogate daddy. He's how I imaging my father would have been if he stopped drinking when I was born like David's dad did. And my dad has a ton of brothers and one sister so I have aunts and uncles, cousins, tons of family on that side that just completely cut me out when my parents separated. They don't respond to Christmas cards. I sent them wedding and birth announcements but I never hear a thing. That's what bugs me the most, that it's like I'm no longer a part of that family at all. God, I'm doing the blathering thing again! Two posts in a row! I guess I need someone to talk too besides the dogs!
 
Spitfiremiko - definitely will be over 100. I wrote chapter 50 like two nights ago. It was a milestone and I was all excited about it. Thanks for the compliments and I hope you continue to enjoy the story.
 
Brainshake - I added you to the list. I would love to see any illustrations. I couldn't draw a stick figure to save my life. And the husbands have learned how to how to live with us. Every now and then we end up screaming at each other and my husband always knew to stay out of it. Step-dad didn't at first, and it's funny really. If he interjected we both turned on him. Now he knows to stay out of it. We'll be fine in an hour. It's just the way we are I guess. I figure even the best of friends fight sometimes. But if the friendship is strong enough then it doesn't affect a thing. I end up being who she takes her stress out on and I do the same and then were both happy. My grandmother though, it's like she doesn't know either of us. She keeps asking my mother why she would want to live with me and my daughter, like she should be relieved to be rid of me. But then she never acted like a mother to my mom too much so she doesn't get it. I think she might even be jealous of our relationship, but she has never bothered to try to improve her relationship with any of us. And I did it again. I'm going to have to start putting a word limit on my responses or something. You're all gonna know more about me than people who actually know me if I keep this up!
 
Cocoke5 - It's good your mother has you to take care of her. That's what family should do. We'll end up with my grandmother when my grandpa dies. (Pretty sure he'll go first with all the heart trouble he has). She thinks my uncle would take her but his wife would put her in a nursing home in a minute. They're in PA anyway and we're all in FL. Not looking forward to having my grandma here to nag about everything but we've already talked about it and everything. She put her mother, her aunt and her uncle in nursing homes to die and it was horrible to watch. I don't know how she could do it instead of taking care of them. It wasn't like it was all three at once or anything. But she was just too busy doing nothing to take care of the people who loved her and raised her. Makes me want to do the same to her just so she would know what she did to them but we would never do that and I'm going to end up home with her every day. Now my mom, I take care of her now. Not that she needs a lot of help or anything but I have to haul her up out of the couch, have had to pull her out of the tub, all kinds of fun stuff. She will never see the inside of a nursing home if I can help it. And I actually kind of hope my kids will want to live with us. Sure, she's only 4 now but I'd much rather have her and her husband and kids with us then living somewhere else. I'm big on the `it takes a village to raise a child' type of thing.
 
Not needed - Glad you liked the chapter! See ya next time!
 
Little rini - If you check out some of the responses above you'll see most of my family isn't that cool. Just my mom. But I am very happy to have the relationship we do. I don't think either of us could live without the other. It's good though to have people you consider family that aren't related to you. That's extra special because they had a choice, where as blood relatives might feel obligated. They chose to be your friends and become like family. So those relationships mean even more, if you know what I mean.
 
And now I'm done. I swear, I have a serious rambling issue! Responses take up four pages in word and took me over an hour!