InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ To Subjugate a Demon Lord ( Chapter 54 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 54 - To Subjugate a Demon Lord
 
 
 
Kaede had been a huge help and since Inuyasha was with her they were able to test her theory. It worked. So now Kagome knew what she would use to activate the necklace. Inuyasha was extremely happy about it. It was much less likely now that she would accidentally say the word that sent him to the ground. It was those accidental ones that hurt the most because he didn't see them coming and couldn't brace himself for the upcoming splat. Now that it was settled Kagome and Inuyasha returned to her chosen study spot only to find Sesshoumaru and the kids already present. Kagome smiled at the taiyoukai as she passed and sat back on her blanket to once more attempt to study. Inuyasha stopped beside his brother and sat.
 
“Sesshoumaru, there's something I wanted to ask you.”
 
The elder brother turned his head slightly to observe the younger with slight interest. “Yes?”
 
“Well, you see, I was watching the boys train and… well… I… do you train them yourself?”
 
“Yes, though that was not your question. Ask what you intended.”
 
“Would you be willing to… I don't know… teach me too?” he asked softly while looking away.
 
“Are you afraid this Sesshoumaru would tell you no?” Taking in Inuyasha's expression he had his answer. “I see. You know how to fight, Inuyasha.”
 
“Yeah, but I was hoping you could show me the proper technique. I really don't know what I'm doing. You've said so yourself.” He looked away again, ashamed to admit it to his older brother who he had fought against so many times in the past. “And I don't know if I will have powers like you and the pups do now that I can access my full demon power. I wouldn't even know how to begin to try to find out.”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded. “This Sesshoumaru will teach you proper fighting technique, with and without your sword. We will have to experiment to determine if you have gained additional powers or attacks.” He could see the happiness glimmer in Inuyasha's eyes even if he didn't let it show too much on the outside. Now he could train the hanyou properly, like he had intended. Sure, Inuyasha was strong. He was a powerful fighter already, but he wasted a great deal of energy on wild swings. His techniques needed to be honed so that he was an efficient fighter. Doing so would also teach him to better guard against attackers. He left himself open far too often.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sango and Rin didn't waste too much time in the spring. Rin wanted to play with her brothers and Sango was hoping to get a chance to talk to Kagome without Miroku around to hear. When they returned to camp Jaken took Rin's dirty clothes from the girl and stuffed them into one of Ah Un's saddle bags before taking off in the direction of the Palace Moon. Miroku was sitting perfectly still besides his breathing. He appeared to be meditating so Sango took Rin with her to where she guessed the others were. When she spotted her brothers Rin took off, running to join in their games. Sango claimed a seat beside Kagome on the blanket she had laid out.
 
“Kagome, can I talk to you?”
 
Kagome looked up at her friend and sister before marking her page in her book, closing it and setting it aside. “Sure Sango. What's up?” Kagome had her suspicions and they were soon confirmed as Sango started to talk.
 
“What did you and Miroku talk about last night while you walked?”
 
“He asked my opinion and advice on something. Why?”
 
“Well, I probably should have told you before I did it but Kirara told me some interesting things. Apparently Miroku confides in her. He told her about his feelings for me. She said he said he loves me. He's afraid I'll end up hurt if we get together because he's afraid the wind tunnel will kill him.” She watched as Kagome nodded. “I was trying to get him to tell me without telling him I knew.”
 
“You definitely succeeded in confusing him. He was worried about why you were thinking so much about death.”
 
“What did you tell him?”
 
“That he should tell you how he feels. Kazue told me what Kirara had told you and what you were trying to do. He wants to tell you but he's still afraid to. I think he's trying to figure out how to say it. He's fine, just doing a lot of thinking.”
 
“The monk approached this Sesshoumaru for advice as well.” Kagome and Sango both turned their heads quickly to where Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha sat a short distance away.
 
“He asked you for advice?” Kagome asked with laughter in her voice.
 
“Yes. Why do you find that entertaining?”
 
“Oh, no reason. So what did you tell him?”
 
He frowned at her amusement. What was so funny about the monk asking for his advice? Did she not believe he would be of assistance? Was he that bad? Shaking the worry from his mind he answered. “I told him that if the slayer is trying to get him to convince his feelings it is most likely that she feels the same. I told him he had nothing to fear and to merely be honest with her. This Sesshoumaru also suggested he keep his hands to himself while doing so.”
 
Kagome smiled at him. “That's good advice, especially the hands.” She turned then to look at Sango. “So you just need to be patient until he works up his courage or tell him how you feel first.” Sango's face flushed red. Did everyone know about their feelings but each other?
 
“Th… thank you. I… I'm going to start lunch.” Without another word the slayer jumped to her feet and nearly ran back to camp.
 
Sesshoumaru chuckled and it didn't take long for Inuyasha to join in. Kagome scowled at them both. “Don't laugh at her. It's hard to tell someone how you feel about them for the first time.”
 
“Is that so?” Sesshoumaru asked with a raised brow.
 
“Well, did you tell me you loved me the first time you felt it or did you worry about saying it at the right time, not too soon, not too late, and should we be alone or in front of the others, and do you just come out and say it or hint first?” He didn't answer, merely looking at her, confirming her suspicions. “Exactly! So don't laugh at them.” Inuyasha, however, was still chuckling softly. “Inuyasha! What do you find so funny?”
 
He smirked at her. “Just wondering who you think you are to talk, after what you said a little while ago.”
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“What you said when I said I would support your decision to be with him, about how you are glad you don't have to choose because you love me but…”
 
He had never seen her move quite so fast. Sesshoumaru watched as her eyes widened as she realized just what it was Inuyasha was going to say. In seconds she had flown across the short distance between them and clapped her hand tightly over Inuyasha's mouth. The hanyou looked just as surprised as Sesshoumaru felt. What in the world could he have been about to say that she had found it necessary to stop him in such a way?
 
“Inuyasha, I swear to the Kamis if you say what you were about to say I will say `it' until you find evidence of dinosaurs!” she hissed at him. His eyes widened and he nodded his head rapidly. She wasn't kidding around. He had never heard her quite so serious before. He glanced at his brother who looked to be somewhere between surprised and curious.
 
“My, my, Kagome. What could you be so desperate to hide from me?” Her head jerked to meet his eyes. Looking around she pulled her hand slowly from Inuyasha's mouth, finally having realized just what she had done and how it must have looked.
 
“Nothing… nothing. I'm not trying to hide anything. He was going to say something… I… not yet.” She was shaking her head, looking slightly confused.
 
Inuyasha smirked at her. “If you could say it to me you should be able to say it to him. Besides, you said that you are `starting to think', nothing definite. It shouldn't be too hard.” He stopped talking once again when he heard her growl. “Damn, Kagome. Where in the hell did you learn to growl like that?”
 
That is not important right now. What is important is that you shut up before I ensure you do not speak again for quite some time.”
 
“What is it that you can say to my little brother that you cannot say to this Sesshoumaru?” He watched as another growl rumbled in her throat. “You wish to keep a secret from me?”
 
She was getting really frustrated now. Damn Inuyasha! “No! That's not it. It's not that I can say it to him but not to you. I'm just not ready to say it, okay?” She watched as his brow lifted once more. “Fine, damn it! I think I might really love you! Happy now?” Sesshoumaru's eyes widened visibly. She loved him back? Sure, she had said she was beginning to feel the same way as he did but she actually said the word this time. It wasn't a definite but just the idea made his heart swell. He realized then, though, that she was pissed, really pissed. He shouldn't have pushed her, but then he hadn't known what it was until now. If he had he would never been so insistent.
 
He reached to the side and pulled her from where she still leaned over his brother and into his lap. “Kagome, this Sesshoumaru is sorry. I should not have pressured you to tell me.” She buried her face in his shoulder, hiding her blush. Whether it was from anger or embarrassment he didn't know. “Kagome, you know how I feel. You know I will wait until you are ready. If you wish I will pretend I did not hear you just now.”
 
She giggled into mokomoko. “As nice as that would be I guess it's kinda silly. I don't know why I was afraid to say it. It's true. I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you.” She slowly pulled back to meet his eyes. Inuyasha knew when to get away and he snuck off silently, keeping an eye on the kids since he was pretty sure they would be far too distracted to do so.
 
When Kagome's ocean blue eyes met the swirling molten gold of Sesshoumaru's they both froze as they stared at each other. He could see the honesty in her eyes. She really did love him. A small smile formed on his lips before he pulled her in for a kiss. It started soft and slow but grew more and more passionate. Her hands were buried in his hair, holding his face close to hers while his hand rested on her left hip. When they finally pulled back for air he trailed kisses across her cheek to her ear. “This Sesshoumaru loves you as well,” he whispered, blowing teasingly in her ear and causing shivers to spread through her entire body. They sat in silence for several minutes, each fully enthralled with the other. Eventually, though, he pulled away. “You should be studying.”
 
She shook her head. “There's no point. Every time I try something comes up. There are just too many distractions.”
 
“Perhaps you should return to your time earlier than planned so there will be fewer distractions.”
 
“You're actually telling me to be gone longer?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will be accompanying you.”
 
“Well aren't you full of yourself. We don't even know if the beads will work and you have already decided.”
 
“If they do not work I will think of something else. I will accompany you.”
 
She merely laughed at his determination. It was sweet, really. “Well, I figured out what to use. Kaede helped me. Do you have the necklace and the scroll?” He nodded before retrieving them. “We need to stand up to do this, okay?” They stood together and Kagome unrolled the scroll to read over it, remembering the slight change Kaede had instructed. She took the beads in her hands and he lowered his head so she could place them around his neck. As she said the short spell the beads started to glow. It looked as if two strands of light, one pink and one green, were twisting around the necklace and she knew that it was ready. She looked into his eyes and said the chosen words. “Down boy!”
 
He wasn't sure what would happen when she did it. He didn't know if he would be flattened to the ground or if he wouldn't be affected at all or anywhere in between. He was actually rather relieved when he felt the pull of magic that forced him to drop to his knees. Not only was he thrilled that they worked but also that he wasn't face down in the dirt. He waited silently for the magic to let up but it didn't seem to want to. He looked up at her and saw the confusion in her eyes. “How long does the spell hold Inuyasha?”
 
“Not this long,” she said softly.
 
She walked closer until she was within his reach and he pulled her so that she stood directly before him. He rested his head on her stomach with a sigh and she placed a hand on his head, smoothing his silver bangs. Instantly he felt the magic release him. Was it possible that she had to release him from the spell? “It let go right when your hand touched my head,” he said before standing. “Try it again.”
 
She nodded and said the words once again. “Down boy!”
 
Once more he dropped to his knees. “We will wait and see if it will release me after a few minutes and if it does not then I want you to come close again. We need to figure out what exactly causes the spell to release.” She nodded and they both waited for several minutes. Nothing happened. The magic was still holding his knees to the ground. “Come here.” She nodded and stepped close. “Do not move your hand yet,” he said as he rested his head against her stomach once again. Nothing happened. He pulled his head back from her. “Put your hand on my head like you did before.” She did as she was asked but nothing happened. With her hand still on his head he touched it to her stomach once more and he was instantly released. “It will only release me if I rest my head on you and you lay your hand on my head.”
 
She watched as he stood before her. “That's weird. I don't have to do anything for Inuyasha's to let go.”
 
“You chose two words?”
 
“Yeah. They won't work unless I say both. I had Kaede help me change Inuyasha's too so there aren't any more accidents. We should go see her and see if she knows why it's like this.” He nodded his agreement and they began to walk away.
 
Sesshoumaru stopped for a moment beside his brother who had been watching with interest. “Keep close watch of the children,” he ordered and the younger brother nodded.
 
“You got off lucky! Why doesn't he get slammed into the ground too?” Inuyasha asked with a pout.
 
“I don't know but it doesn't automatically let him go like yours does. We're going to talk to Kaede. Sango's making lunch so will you take the kids to camp in a bit to eat?” He nodded again. “Thanks Inuyasha.”
 
The hanyou watched them walk towards the village, his mind running the scene of his brother being forced to his knees before a human woman over and over again as if it were stuck in a permanent loop. Definitely something he was glad he didn't miss.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sango really was making lunch but she had said she needed to do so to get away from the others. It was really embarrassing for everyone to know about your feelings for someone else except them! She couldn't believe that Miroku actually asked Sesshoumaru for advice! She smiled slightly at the thought. He was nervous. She thought it was cute that Miroku didn't know how to just come out and say it. She hoped he would figure it out soon because she was getting really impatient now. She wanted to hear him say he loves her. She wanted him to kiss her. She wanted to know for sure that he wanted to be with her. Lunch was almost ready when she noticed Miroku reentering the clearing. She hadn't seen him since he left the clearing to bathe and apparently talk to Sesshoumaru. They hadn't crossed paths as she and Rin took their turn in the spring.
 
“Is everything alright, Miroku? You were gone for a long time.”
 
He looked surprised when she spoke before looking away, scratching the back of his neck nervously. “I decided to take a walk after my bath. I had some things to think about.”
 
“Oh? And did you figure everything out?” she asked, trying her best to sound only innocently curious.
 
He shot her a smirk which only widened as she blushed. “I know what you're trying to do Sango.”
 
“What? I… I have no idea what you're talking about!” She rose and backed up a few steps. She took a few more when she saw him step forward.
 
“Where are you going my dear Sango?” He waggled his eyebrows at her as he succeeded in backing her into a tree. He caged her in by leaning against the tree, his palms on either side of her arms. “Nowhere to go now,” he said softly. “I guess you'll just have to listen. So what gave me away? How did you figure it out?”
 
“Figure what out?” She knew exactly what he was asking her but she refused to give in.
 
“What I want to know more than anything is why you want me to confess first. You could have told me instead of trying to manipulate me into telling you.”
 
“Tell you what? Miroku, you're not making any sense.”
 
He leaned his head in, touching their foreheads together. “I'm making perfect sense and you know it. But if you insist on playing innocent I guess I'll just have to fill you in then. Sango my dear, I am in love with you. When all is said and done I want you to become my wife. You are the only woman for me. And you knew this already somehow. Did Kagome tell you? She seemed surprised when I asked her about it.”
 
Sango stood in complete silence for a minute before regaining her voice. “No, Kagome didn't tell me. If you really love me then why do you flirt with every woman you come across?”
 
“I believe you already know the answer to that question as well but I will humor you. I was attempting to keep my feelings for you hidden so that you would not have to suffer the loss of another when my wind tunnel takes my life.”
 
Sango looked up into his eyes before slipping her arms up above his to wrap around his neck. “You're not going to die. And even if you do I would cherish every minute we spent together. If I were to say that I loved you as well would you continue to flirt with other women or would you be loyal to me?”
 
“You are the only woman for me my beautiful Sango.”
 
“Then I love you too, Miroku.” She would have said more but she was cut off when his lips met her own. It was gentle, soft, and sweet and it was also her first. As he pulled away reluctantly she knew she would never forget it. They continued to gaze into each other's eyes as if they suddenly had a new understanding of each other, which in fact they did.
 
Their private moment was interrupted by someone clearing their throat in an annoying fashion. “Why is it always me that finds people kissing?” Inuyasha asked aloud, appearing to be speaking to the very air around him.
 
Miroku turned and took in the sight of Inuyasha and all the children. “Perhaps it has something to do with your timing,” Miroku joked. “I take it everyone is hungry?”
 
Sango had finally managed to get the embarrassed blush under control and she stepped out from behind the monk. “Okay. Everyone grab a bowl and chopsticks and I'll dish out our lunch.” She tried to keep her eyes aimed at the ground or the food but when her eyes met Inuyasha's for a second she blushed again at the smirk on his face.
 
“It's about damn time is all I have to say about it,” the hanyou declared before stuffing his face, barely taking breaks to breathe.
 
“Yeah! I wondered if you were ever gonna tell her, Miroku! Maybe now she won't slap you when you touch her butt!” Shippo called out a tad louder than necessary.
 
“Like he could get so lucky,” Inuyasha said under his breath, not that it mattered. Everyone heard him since he was sitting right beside his friends.
 
Miroku looked up towards Sango with a hopeful look in his eyes.
 
“Sorry Miroku but he's right. Just because I love you doesn't give you the right to grope me.”
 
“Oh well. It was worth a shot,” he said, faking a dejected look while amusement danced in his eyes.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
As they walked away from Inuyasha and towards Kaede Sesshoumaru reached out and took hold of Kagome's hand. Their fingers twined together automatically and he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. “It was not as bad as this Sesshoumaru had been prepared for.”
 
She giggled and glanced up at his face. “I'll bet. If I were you I would be thanking every Kami I could think of that you didn't get face-planted. I was wondering if it would be the same or not.” He nodded his agreement. “It's odd though that it doesn't let you up. I wonder if it has to do with the word choice or if it's just you.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not know. Perhaps the elder miko will have an explanation.”
 
Kaede wasn't surprised to see the couple as they entered her hut. They told her what happened and then did a demonstration. “I know not what to tell ye. I suspect the addition of Lord Sesshoumaru's hair to strengthen the spell has somehow altered it as well. It is possible that there may be other differences for ye to discover.”
 
“You mean it might do other things too?”
 
“Would the spell not be complete once she selected the word?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“The spell uses power from ye both. I am certain of it by the colors you described when you placed the spell. Thusly it is different from Inuyasha's and any other I have ever heard tell of. Never before that I know of has a demon willingly contributed to their own subjugation. Because of this there may be surprises we know nothing of yet.”
 
“Gee, that's just great. So we could be in the middle of a fight and something I say might make him freeze or something? That can't be good!”
 
“Your conscious thought directs the spell. It is still under your control. I do not believe it would act against your wishes or place him in danger.”
 
“I guess, but still. I wonder if there is a word that will release him as well just in case.”
 
“It is possible. Your powers will guide you.”
 
“You mean like I'll just know what I can do? Like with that miko?”
 
“What miko do you speak of?” Kaede looked confused.
 
“Oh, I didn't tell you about it!” For the next few minutes Kagome told Kaede all about the snake demons, her dream of Izayoi and Inuyasha's change, and the miko who had dared attack her pups. By the time she was finished Kagome noticed something odd. Sesshoumaru hadn't said anything for quite a while. She had expected him to help her tell Kaede their story but he had remained silent all this time. He hadn't even moved. She turned and looked at him. “Are you alright Sesshoumaru?”
 
`This Sesshoumaru cannot move.'
 
“You can't move? When did it happen?”
 
`I believe it occurred when you said the word freeze.'
 
“Oh, Kami. Apparently `freeze' is another command. He hasn't been able to move since I said it. How do I undo it?”
 
“Calm yourself, Kagome dear. Close your eyes and attempt to feel the connection forged between you by the spell. Once you have found it, focus on your question. I am certain it will come to you.”
 
Kagome sighed but obeyed. It was hard to calm down but she managed. Once she had found the connection she asked for the way to release him. The answer floated into her mind as if it had always been there. “My love,” she said with a blush on her cheeks. She watched as his body relaxed and he could move once more.
 
“That is the word to release me?” he asked with a smirk on his lips.
 
“Yes it is. Stand up for me. I want to test something.” He looked at her in question but rose to his feet. “Down boy!” He dropped to his knees once more. “My love,” she said and smiled when he could stand up. “That's good. I was afraid that something bad might happen if I couldn't get to you for some reason to release you. This way I can do it from anywhere.”
 
He nodded his agreement. “This Sesshoumaru prefers the first way, though I do enjoy the sound of those words on your lips.”
 
She smiled at him. “I suppose you would like to test the well now?” She watched his face as he smirked. “Of course you do. Thanks Kaede. We'll figure it out.”
 
“Yes, ye will. Take care child.” Kagome gave the old woman a hug before she and Sesshoumaru left the hut and started on their way to the well.
 
“Okay, if you can pass through the well you have to promise me a few things.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“You have to promise to listen to me. Don't jump to conclusions. A lot of things are different in my time. If you don't understand something, ask me. If were around people other than my family, ask me silently so you don't draw attention to yourself. No fighting and definitely no killing. You will have to stay at my house while I go to school for my exams. You can't wander around without me. And if we go anywhere out of the house you'll have to wear clothes from my time. I'll have to find you some.”
 
He appeared to consider her words before answering. “This Sesshoumaru agrees to your terms. I understand that I will be in your world so I will do as you ask. I see you have been thinking about this.”
 
“Yeah, I was talking to Inuyasha about it. You'll have to leave your swords in the house too.” They had arrived at the clearing that held the well as she spoke. “I guess you should just jump in and see if it works. If it does, jump right back in and come back. You'll know it worked because there is a building around the well in my time.”
 
He nodded at her. “This Sesshoumaru will return immediately. I do not wish to see your time without you.”
 
She leaned in and pressed her lips softly to his. “A kiss for luck.” He smirked at her before jumping into the well.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Thanks to everyone who has agreed to send a Christmas card for my daughter. I know that she is going to be absolutely thrilled! We'll be sure to send one back too, which I know she will have fun signing. For anyone else who hasn't gotten my address yet it is below.
 
Christina and Destiny Myers
2182 Beech Blvd.
Bunnell, FL 32110
 
I doubt I will get another chapter up for a few days. We've got all the decoration tubs out and stacked in the living room and I have to put them all up so we can have the room back. The tree we got on Sunday is still sitting naked.
 
I made a myspace page and a facebook as well. If you want to check them out the web addresses are below. Just take out the spaces.
 
http:// www . myspace . com / sunsetmiko
 
http:// www . facebook . com/ profile .php?id=817972496
 
 
I can't get A Single Spark to load so I can't write my reviewer responses. I'll stick them on the next chapter. I'll upload this chapter when I can get the site to load again.
 
Reviewer responses: Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I appreciate you take taking the time! There are only a couple of responses but know I do appreciate each and every one of you!
 
Mediaminer.org
 
Ethereal Siren - Cross Dressing Mess is still in progress but yes, I'm reading that one too. The one I read was called Different Yet So Alike by Cold-Hearted Nightfox on FF.net. You are too good, guessing the two word thing.
 
FF.net
 
Mraesalyn - Thanks for the compliments. I think I'm going to do at least one Sango/Miroku lemon and if people don't want to read that pairing they can skip it. Some people aren't interested in reading anything but the Sess/Kag but it wouldn't be my style to skip over something. There will be tons of Sess/Kag once I get there.
 
ItY'girl - I've decided I agree and will do at least one Mir/San. For mmore detail see response above.