InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ In Your Eyes ( Chapter 59 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 59 - In Your Eyes
 
 
Kagome was in heaven, or at least closer than she had ever felt possible. Never had she imagined that his mouth could feel quite so good and he hadn't even made it to the really good parts yet! As he continued his sensual attack on her throat she just let her head roll to one side and let out soft little breathy moans that served well to encourage him on. The feel of his weight resting on her was strangely enticing, being pinned and helpless beneath a big strong demon incredibly exciting. She groaned in disappointment as he lifted himself off of her body, abandoning her still tingling throat and shoulder. She was still too dazed to pay attention to what he was doing so she totally missed it when he moved the tray to the floor so that the whole bed was free for his upcoming actions. She barely registered when he lifted her up off the bed, turning her completely around so that her head rested towards the top of the bed rather than the foot. Her head was resting on her pillow, or at least she thought it was her pillow until she realized that her pillows were nowhere near this soft.
 
She found out rather quickly that her head was in fact resting on a loop of mokomoko when both ends crept down her sides until they found the bottom of her shirt before turning around and slithering up along her bare skin beneath the fabric that covered her from his eyes. Sesshoumaru stood near the side of the bed watching with a smirk as she shifted continuously under the assault of his fur. The ends of mokomoko teased the skin of her stomach and chest, brushing against the tops of her breasts making her let out the cutest little sounds of pleasure that heated his blood even more. Less than a minute of mokomoko's slithering and teasing was all it took before she got frustrated and sat up, pulling her shirt over her head in one smooth motion, tossing it across the room to bounce of her closet door and hit the floor before laying back to continue the exquisite feeling. He had to hold back his laughter as his plan proved successful. With just a bit of concentration he sent the ends down her sides, slipping under the waistband of her shorts, immediately returning to it previous activities in a new location.
 
Kagome couldn't think about anything but the feel of the softest fur caressing her hot skin, sending shivers throughout her body and an incredible feeling of need to one specific location. It couldn't move enough, couldn't reach the places where she really wished to feel it, and without even thinking about it her shorts went flying, landing beside the previously discarded top. With Kagome left in just a cute little bra and panty set, a brilliant blue so similar to that of her eyes, Sesshoumaru felt that his goal had been reached. She had undressed herself for him without him ever touching her, so long as you didn't count his sneaky, slithering independent appendage/youki storage device. Mokomoko began just the lightest touch along the insides of her thighs, encouraging her to open her legs once more.
 
Suddenly there was once more a demon lord between her legs, holding his upper body off of her with his arm. “Kagome,” he whispered against her ear. “Open your eyes for me, love.” He watched her face as her beautiful windows into her very soul opened for him. “I am very much going to enjoy this.” Before she had a chance to protest, which she wasn't sure she would have done anyways, his lips covered hers, kissing her thoroughly and passionately before starting his descent. He left her panting for breath as he kissed a trail down the beautiful curve of her throat to between her perfect breasts, still covered in shiny blue silk, before using the tip of his tongue to trace the edges. He could see her nipples tightening as firm little peaks pushed against the fabric. He knew what she wanted, what her body was begging for, and he planned on giving it to her… eventually. Sesshoumaru kissed and licked, nibbled and teased her stomach and around her breasts while mokomoko continued to slide softly along her outer thighs since his body was still pressed against the inner. When his mouth moved lower to trace the outline of her panties, mokomoko took up the task of teasing the upper body once more. It was like two different beings were worshipping her body at once, and in reality it was pretty close to that as Sesshoumaru had long ago surrendered control of mokomoko to its own whims, the length of fur now moving on its own.
 
“Sess… Sessho… Sesshou…maru,” she moaned out. “Stop… teasing me… damn it!”
 
He looked up, locking eyes with her own before dragging his tongue across the silk that covered where the ache was the worst. She arched against him and gasped. He didn't do it again, instead watching as she regained control once more before speaking to her. “Tell me what you want, Kagome, and maybe I will do it for you.”
 
Kagome glared down at him before growling in frustration. She couldn't say that! Hell, she couldn't even think it without blushing and he wanted her to say it out loud? “Sesshoumaru… please… I can't… I…”
 
“Does my little miko not know what she wants? I find that difficult to believe. Or is it that you just cannot tell me?” He smirked at her before once more dragging his tongue along the soaked silk, savoring the taste of her, even if it was currently muted by the barrier. “Is that it?” He moved higher, kissing a line towards her navel. “Or is it this?” He continued his ascent, catching a silk shielded peak carefully between his teeth and giving a gentle tug, ripping a gasp from her sweet lips. “Or do you prefer something more like that? How can I pleasure my mate if she will not tell me what she enjoys?”
 
“You're a bastard. I hope you know that.”
 
“Perhaps.” He moved up to kiss her lips, her arms wrapping around his neck in an attempt to keep him close to her. The feeling of his bare chest against her mostly exposed skin was something she wasn't ready to give up yet. “But is it wrong for me to wish to know what you like?”
 
Kagome let out a sigh. “No, I guess not… but… I just… can't.”
 
“So modest still, little miko?” He smiled at her blush. “So I see. I suppose I can let it go… just this once.” The next thing Kagome knew Sesshoumaru was on his back beneath her, his hand on the small of her back. She looked up at him in confusion. How the hell he managed to roll them so quick was a mystery to her. She'd never get used to the whole demon speed thing, but it definitely kept things interesting. She was gazing into his eyes when she felt his hand begin to move, lifting so that just the tips of his claws just barely touched her, tracing her spine until they reached the clasp of the little blue thing he was getting tired of. He smirked triumphantly when he felt it release on the first try, letting the loose ends fall to her sides, the straps loosening and half sliding off her shoulders.
 
“You look pretty pleased with yourself, mister,” she said playfully.
 
“Why would I not? It is nearly time for me to claim my prize.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Myouga had been traveling for days. It was really hard to get around when you were quite as small as he. Even though he hitched a ride it was still difficult to make sure his `ride' was heading in the right direction, especially if they didn't know they were currently transportation for a flea. He'd started out on a plain old crow. No demon crows for him. No, he'd tried that once before and found himself in a rather disturbing situation.
 
Demon crows are known for killing their human prey, burrowing into their chests, and commandeering the slowly rotting body all the while feasting on the innards of the reanimated corpse. Well, Myouga had fallen asleep hidden among the feathers of a demon crow during a rather long trip. When he woke he found himself unable to see or even move very much. He fought his way through the feathers until he reached the outer layer, where he should have reached fresh air and the evening sky. That was most definitely not what he found. Instead he found himself in a warm, sticky mess that smelled distinctly of human blood and death. When he finally realized what had to have happened he panicked. He was too small to fight his way out from deep inside the chest cavity of a dead human. He would end up drowning in the pooling blood which was beginning to congeal, making it all the more treacherous, a bloody version of quicksand. He was certain he was going to die. He could see no other options, as the crow would not leave the host until it was done with it or it was forced out.
 
Myouga had remained hidden in the sticky feathers, hiding as close to the demon bird's skin as possible and using the feathers as a shield from most of the gore. The smell grew increasingly worse as the days passed and the dead human bandit rotted in the summer heat. He listened to the conversations going on around the host from inside the host to pass the time so he had come to learn that he was currently trapped inside the leader of a group of bandits. The crow demon, through the bandit's body of course, ordered his men to kidnap an oddly dressed but pretty girl from the nearby village and bring her to him. He wondered what the demon was after, what he wanted with the girl, but decided it didn't really matter either way. It wasn't like he could save her even if he wasn't trapped. So he stayed, feeding occasionally off the blood of the crow that was completely oblivious to his presence, the benefit of being so small and thus having such a very small amount of youki which made him nearly impossible to detect.
 
It was getting to be unbearable by the time he heard the voice of a frightened girl from the outside of the body. There was talk of a jewel of some kind which confused Myouga since the only jewel that was even slightly similar to what was being described had been banished from the living world fifty years ago with the death of it's protector. There was a commotion. It seemed that the crow was nearing the end of his stay in this body because he appeared to be having difficulty controlling it. There were surprised yells from the followers as the corpse apparently mistakenly attacked his own men in an attempt to kill the girl. Never had Myouga been so relieved and confused at the same time as he heard another voice, a very familiar one. But that wasn't possible. He hadn't heard that voice for fifty years and it was very likely that he would never hear that voice again. But when the girl, who had somehow managed to survive, called out the name that went with that voice he was shocked. Could it be true? Could his master Inuyasha really have been awakened somehow? He would have to inform Lord Sesshoumaru immediately! If he managed to get out of here alive that is.
 
He heard as Inuyasha asked the girl where the jewel was. Apparently her answer, which was too low for him to hear clearly through all the rotting flesh, was not what Inuyasha was hoping for because he called her a stupid girl before calling out the demon. He of course had known by scent alone that the bandit's leader was dead, had been for many days, and thus had to be controlled by a crow demon. There was a short fight before the crow gave up trying to control the ready to fall apart body of the host and made a run for it. Suddenly there was sunlight peeking through the matted feathers and the little flea fought his way to the surface in an attempt to finally reach fresh air and get the hell off this ride! He nearly laughed as he heard Inuyasha cursing and yelling threats as he chased after the flying demon. Having had enough, Myouga took his leave, jumping safely to a treetop from which he could hop down branch by branch to find a new host… after a bath.
 
It was days later when word finally reached him as he was trying to make his way to the Palace Moon to speak to the Western Lord. The jewel that he was certain was gone forever had somehow returned and had been stolen from the dead miko's reincarnation by a crow demon who attempted to escape with it and a village child. Like he hadn't just eaten! The gossip among demons throughout the land was that in an attempt to purify the demon and retrieve the Shikon jewel, the strangely dressed young miko shattered the jewel into an unknown number of shards that had been spread throughout the land. The little flea was shocked as he realized that he had been present during the incident, and had jumped just in time to avoid purification and the scattering of the jewel shards.
 
Needless to say, the flea who considered himself lucky to be alive swore off traveling on crow demons for his unnaturally long, if not eternal, life. Now he stuck to regular, non-demonic crows. The crow he had hitched a ride on after he left Kagome had headed south for some time which was just where he was heading, but when it turned to the east he had to disembark and find another lift. This time he ended up on a cute little neko who seemed to be in a hurry headed perfectly south west. He had a very uneventful trip, at least until the kitten found who she had apparently been looking for. She had been separated from her mother during an attack by a large bear, her mother ordering her to run while she held back the attacker. Thankfully her mother had survived, at least by the scene she had found when she bravely returned to the place the bear had blindsided them in. She and her mother had a designated place where they would meet if they were ever separated, which was basically the reality of life in this day and age. When the kitten found her mother, she was immediately drawn in for a bath, and Myouga, who was rather frightened of being accidentally eaten during a tongue bath, immediately abandoned ship, or kitty, as the case may be.
 
Now he was riding the back of a fire rat that thankfully was returning to his nest which Myouga knew to be very close to his final destination. Fire rats loved heat and so they almost always nested around natural sources of excessive amounts of heat, especially towards the peak and around the vents of volcanoes. Hopefully this one's nest was located near the home and workshop of the demon that he was to give another message from Misaki. He hated hopping around up there. He always ended up burning his little feet.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
His hand slid slowly down her back, trailing a curvy line from one side to the other all the way down until he slipped his hand under the edge of the blue panties that still covered her. He gave her ass a soft squeeze before making good use of his long arm as his hand slipped lower, allowing his fingers to brush against the moist treasure he was searching for. Kagome let out an “mmmm” as he slowly slid his long, elegant finger between her folds, dipping into the essence of her that he so craved as he lightly caressed her. She felt him begin to withdraw and whimpered at the loss of sensation. The little whimper was like music to his pointed ears. He wanted to hear it again so his finger returned to its previous location once more, this time making sure to graze her clit before pulling back once again. She didn't disappoint him as he heard another sweet, desperate little whimper. She gave him a pleading look, begging him to continue, to touch her again, but instead he brought his finger to his lips to taste her. She watched, enthralled, as he licked his long digit clean of the obvious moisture while purring at the perfection of her flavor.
 
“Sit up for me, Kagome,” he said in a low voice. She obeyed and lifted herself, losing her bra completely on the way up as he had caught a finger under the front and pulled it from her. She settled against him sitting on his lap again, her legs folded under her on either side of his legs. She moved a bit, trying to find a comfortable position but instead discovering just how aroused he was. She pushed herself against him, ripping a groan from his sexy lips. She loved how he looked just then, the pleasure in his eyes, mouth just slightly open with a fang peeking out over his bottom lip. He was like her own personal Adonis. She found her hands moving of their own volition to the top of his chest before dragging her nails down his pale skin, leaving ten red lines in their wake. This time the moan was deep in his throat, mixed with a purr of appreciation. “Again,” he half ordered, half begged.
 
“Like that, do ya? Hmmm.” She leaned forward again, this time grinding herself into him while dragging her nails down his chest a little harder. Kagome was pleased with the result as his hips thrust up against her out of his control and he moaned for her again. His hand moved from where it had been resting on her hip to slip between their bodies, pressing his fingers roughly against her clit making her grind even harder against him. He tensed as he felt a sudden spike in her power all around them, not knowing what had caused such a reaction. The pure magic burned against his already overheated skin, the slight pain only exciting him more. He loved the feel of her power, her own strength, the deadly purifying energy dancing across his flesh. His eyes rolled back in his head as the sensation that encompassed his entire form was joined by her rolling her hips while her hands stayed planted on his abdomen, nails digging in slightly, the muscles tightening under her palms. Just when he thought he was sure to explode she stopped moving and the sizzling magic in the air shifted until it formed a shining orb surrounding the entire bed. She had erected a barrier around them without any conscious thought, which surprised them both. She gazed at the newly formed wall of energy. “I… did I do that?”
 
“Yes my miko, you certainly did.” He inspected it for a moment, pushing against it with his youki to determine its attributes. “Hmm. It is sound-proof. Were you planning on making a lot of noise?” he asked with a smug smirk.
 
“Hey now! I didn't mean to do it! It just happened!”
 
“My powerful little miko, have I ever told you just how your magic feels against me? What just the slightest hint of it does to me?” He gave her a heated look. “It is even more effective then a growl.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagura wanted to scream. He was just disgusting! Naraku had sent her off to retrieve a witch from her hidden cave in the mountains a bit north of the castle he called home. Usually he didn't bother telling her what he was planning, just ordered her to do whatever he needed for his next vile plot. This time however, he had taken the time to fill her in on just why he needed this witch. She had retrieved the wrinkled and obviously ancient woman once before, and for a similar purpose. She had been the one to craft the counterfeit jewel shard using Naraku's miasma, the one that he used in an attempt to get Kouga and Inuyasha to kill each other. That night still haunted Kagura. So many men died at her hand. The wolf demons were lured to another abandoned castle, a smaller one of a lesser lord this time, with rumors of jewel shards. Once they had arrived she slaughtered them all. She didn't like killing if it wasn't necessary. Sure, if someone attacked her then she would defend herself, but she despised the idea of killing for sport or personal gain. She was the wind, blowing by everyone else as they lived their lives, passing through but never meant to leave a permanent impression.
 
Once they had all been killed she had used her Dance of the Dead, something she wished she had never learned, to send one wolf demon to Kouga with a fake jewel shard and the tale of an attack on his men. Of course Kouga had raced to the attempted rescue of his pack members. While Kouga was on his way Inuyasha and his group had shown up, investigating the source of the heavy scent of blood. Once again she had reanimated the dead, all of them this time, sending them to attack Inuyasha. He had been forced to fight them or die, though he realized that they were already dead once he laid eyes on her. She succeeded in covering him from head to toe with the blood of the wolves, his claws and his sword stained with the `evidence' of their slaughter at his hands.
 
When Kouga arrived he was thrown into a rage by the sight of his dead comrades. He had put the `jewel shard' to good use by placing it in his arm somewhere along the way. He assumed, of course, that Inuyasha had killed all the wolf demons that lay scattered around the front courtyard of the castle just has he had been intended to. Kouga fought Inuyasha like he never had before. It was no longer a semi-friendly rivalry. Now it was revenge for the dead. Not even Kagome could get through to the wolf prince. During the fight, Kouga used the power of the fake shard to enhance his hits on the hanyou, also activating the release of the deadly miasma into his system. Finally he could be stopped long enough for Kagome to save him from the poison and make him believe that it had not been Inuyasha who had killed his comrades at all, but her, Kagura. Ever since then the wolf had been after her head. It didn't matter that she hadn't wanted to do it. It didn't matter that she was nothing but a slave to Naraku's will and that it was by Naraku's orders that his men had died. He vowed to avenge them by killing her and she was worried that someday he just might succeed.
 
This time the witch was going to make several more fake shards that were to be given to the panthers, ones that would poison them once their usefulness in his plot against the hanyou turned human met its end. That wasn't the part that disgusted her though. No, that was normal, expected even. No, it was what the witch was to do with a genuine jewel shard that made her want to wretch. He wanted the witch to taint a shard with his essence, making it so that he could control the victim, as Kagura would think of her, making them a slave to his will with no thought of their own, similar to what he had done to the boy. Perhaps if he knew that he had failed with Kohaku and that the boy had been faking it for all this time he wouldn't attempt it again. He wanted her to make this tainted shard that he intended to give to the youngest female of the panther demons, while the others he would give the counterfeits. He planned to make the beautiful demoness not just his slave but his sex toy, a woman he could control completely, as if she were a doll. And one that would `last longer' as he put it. Naraku was not a gentle lover. Hell, he wasn't a `lover' at all. He was nothing but violent during sex, finding joy in causing pain. He liked to watch the woman cry and bleed and beg for him to stop, and human women just didn't survive long enough for him to be fully satisfied. At least he had stopped coming to her. Kikyo had kept him busy for a while, but with the undead miko gone Kagura supposed she should have been expecting this.
 
So she was now being forced to be a part of the despicable plot to basically kidnap and rape a young demoness, and with her under his control he would force her body to react as he wished it. It was disgusting, the whole idea, and to actually have a hand in it made her disgusted with herself as well. She knew what it was like to be with him and she wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy. Actually, scratch that. She would wish that only on her worst enemy. It would be fitting for Naraku to be raped and abused by someone just as sadistic as himself, but then the sick bastard would probably enjoy it. If only she could find some way to warn the panthers, but then she would only be punished for her failure to find him `assets' and sent out to try again. Either way someone besides her was going to end up hurt. She hoped that the panthers' suspicious and distrusting nature would somehow protect them from his wicked plans, perhaps even making him their enemy instead of temporary ally. The more demons who wished to kill him the better. If only she could find a way to bring all of his enemies together. If everyone who considered Naraku an enemy all attacked him at the same time he wouldn't stand a chance. Even better still if he was caught off guard when they `somehow' found his hidden lair.
 
Her daydreams ended when she finally caught sight of the flicker of firelight coming from somewhere in the rock wall before her. Following the light, Kagura completed her task, bringing the creepy old witch to Naraku who merely smirked at her upon her return.
 
He had told her his plans on purpose of course. He loved to watch her buried under her own self-hatred because she valued her life more than the lives of others when she obeyed his commands. It would be so very entertaining. He knew Kagura was disgusted by his plan and that only encouraged him. He had made a bit of an addition to his plan just recently. He planned to chain the wind witch to the wall of his chambers and make her watch as he made good use of his new toy over and over again. Kagura was sure to enjoy the show.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
`No more teasing!' his beast snarled in his mind. `Now! Taste her now!'
 
`I was just thinking the same thing.'
 
“Take them off or you will never wear them again,” he said to her with a look of complete seriousness in his eyes.
 
`Finally,' was the only thought in her mind as she moved to kneel on one side of him so she could slide the soaked through silk from her body. She lifted one knee, then the other, before dropping them to the floor.
 
He just looked at her for a moment, kneeling at his side completely naked, the scent of her arousal thick in the air. This time she didn't get nervous as he stared at her. She got impatient. She threw her leg back over him and sat back in his lap. She wanted to get him to react and he did. He reached his arm down and dragged her up his chest. She was in shock as she looked straight down into his eyes as she found her body perched over his face. She could feel the smirk on his lips as mokomoko wound itself around her waist once before the very end brushed the tight pink peak of her right breast. Just as the fur flicked across her taut flesh, his tongue flicked across her clit. He moved his tongue slowly, savoring the taste of her and the sounds she made for him. His hand snaked up her abdomen to her left breast, rolling the nipple between his thumb and forefinger for a moment before circling it with the tip of a claw.
 
Three different sensations were attacking her and it didn't take long for her to be on the edge. Her right hand was pressed against the wall beside her bed, keeping her steady and preventing her from collapsing as her muscles twitched under the sensuous assault. Her left arm wound around behind her, resting on his chest. This odd twist caused her back to arch, pushing her breasts forward more into their attackers. He could tell she was close. `Kagome,' he said in her mind, since his mouth was busy. `Look at me.' She looked down into his eyes. `Keep your eyes open. Do not look away.' He held her gaze as he sped his ministrations, playing her body like a harp, plucking just the right strings to make her sing for him, pushing her over the edge. It was hard not to close her eyes but she did as she was told and kept her eyes locked with his as she came. There was so much passion and so much love in his gaze as he watched as the orgasm crashed over her. He did not slow, instead keeping her riding the high as he dragged orgasm after orgasm from her body, each following the last so closely that it might as well have been one incredibly long peak.
 
He savored the taste of her that he had not had for several days. It was like a drug, how responsive she was to him, how wet she got for him, how she cried out for him, calling his name to the Kamis, all mixed with the flavor that was only her, so completely Kagome. He couldn't wait until he had permission to mate her, when he could finally bury himself in her virgin body and feel her tighten around him over and over again as he made her scream in ecstasy. `Soon,' he thought to himself. `Soon I will be able to make her only mine for all of eternity.' Feeling her exhaustion he finally slowed his movements, allowing her to come down slowly. He then lifted her tired but thoroughly satisfied form as he sat up so her legs and arms wrapped around him, her head dropping to his shoulder as his one arm held her tightly to him as if afraid she would disappear forever if he even slightly loosened his hold. “I love you my Kagome,” he whispered in her ear.
 
“I love you too, Sesshoumaru. I really do,” she whispered back.
 
“Go to sleep now my love.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Somewhere in Tokyo, not too very far from the home of our beloved miko was a boy. The boy was a teenager, and at the moment he was looking quite like the stereotypical teenager: angry, depressed, confused, and in love. The conflicting emotions flickered over his face as he thought. He was in love with a girl, a beautiful girl who he had loved for years and years. He was always nice to her, bringing her gifts and offering to take her on nice dates, but she never seemed to understand that he loved her. He loved her more than anything in the entire world, more than his family, more than his pet hamster, more than his best friends, more than himself. He would do anything to make her happy… anything.
 
Today he had visited her once again. She was so often sick with so many different yet equally terrible illnesses and he spent a great deal of his time worrying himself sick over her health and well-being. When he went to her home he had expected to find her in bed but was pleasantly surprised to find her looking well and sitting on the couch in her family living room watching her brother play a video game and enjoying a snack of milk and homemade cookies. Mrs. Higurashi always made the best cookies, filled with love, just like he was sure his future wife would make them for him and their several beautiful and perfect children. They were certain to be beautiful, guaranteed to be perfect, since their mother was both.
 
He had brought her yet another thoughtful gift, as well as study notes for her finals. He couldn't very well have his future wife failing a grade of high school now could he? If he could, he would have taken the exams for her, just so she could get the rest she needed and deserved. She looked beautiful today, sitting there smiling. Her beauty outshined anything else in the room, so it took him a while to notice the strange looking man sitting beside her, very closely, on the couch. He looked like a hooligan! A street thug! Why else would a man choose to tattoo his face? He was certain that the odd markings were gang tattoos, signaling him a member of this or that street gang.
 
He noticed while taking in the unknown male without obviously looking that said man was glaring at him intensely. What had he ever done to him? He didn't even know him! For a moment or two he was worried that he had somehow angered this obviously violent and dangerous gang banger and immediately he feared what would happen to his beautiful love if he were killed over some misunderstanding. She would be lost without him, he was sure of it. No, he couldn't allow that to happen. Surely he would be able to find a way to reason with the very large man. The question of why he was even there crept slowly into the boy's mind. Why would an obviously violent criminal be sitting beside her on the couch as if he belonged there? This thug didn't belong there! He did! He belonged at her side, making sure she was comfortable and well rested. If he had been the one sitting there her little brother certainly wouldn't have been playing video games. No, his lady love would be watching whatever program her sweet little heart desired, and damn everyone else.
 
When she took hold of this miscreant's hand, interlacing their fingers, his heart compressed painfully. Why would she willingly touch such a… a… thing! Something had to be going on. Perhaps he was holding them hostage and she was being brave so that she could allow him to escape and contact the authorities? He made a real effort to not look at their hands to ensure he did nothing to anger the kidnapper. He had almost cried out for joy when she let go of his hand, and was even more thrilled when she pushed him back and out of the way. Apparently the obviously dim witted fool had been blocking his love's view of his person. Of course she would love to gaze at him affectionately just as he loved to do so with her. It only made sense.
 
When she climbed into the ruffian's lap he was confused. Why would she touch another man in such away? Her soft touch was only meant for himself and no other. When she reached for the notes he held out for her he relaxed, relieved. She couldn't reach him. That was all. How foolish of him not to have realized that she didn't want to get up. She was probably exhausted from her illness and whatever horrible experiences this goon had put her through. He was half tempted to throw the troublemaker out on his ear, making sure to give him a good long lecture on how one should and should not treat a lady. When she settled into the lap of the giant punk and his arm wrapped around her it finally hit him. This man, who was so obviously a body builder of some kind, had most likely overdosed on illegal steroids and caused permanent damage to his brain. This man who he had assumed was somehow connected to a street gang was merely an idiot! It was just like his beautiful, loving, caring Kagome to risk her health to help others in need. She was volunteering her time working with the less intelligent among the less fortunate. This gargantuan man was merely a pity case. She probably needed to keep some sort of physical contact with the hulking, mentally disabled mammoth of a man to keep him calm around strangers. She was merely protecting him. Oh, how wonderful it was to know she loved him just as much as he loved her.
 
Once he understood the situation he quickly excused himself, not wanting to cause his beloved any more trouble than she already had dealing with the monstrous meathead she had dedicated herself to helping. He would talk to her at school on Monday. She was sure to be there to sit for her exams, especially once she saw just how hard he had worked on those notes. He was proud of himself for finding a way to help her, and proud of her for having such a big heart that she would volunteer her precious time with a colossal, mentally defective twit.
 
The boy stared at his ceiling, which was papered with photos of the beautiful woman he would someday make his blushing bride. “Soon Kagome,” Hojo whispered into the night. “Soon we'll be together… forever.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
“But… what about you?” Kagome asked in a cute little voice. She didn't want him to leave her side. She wanted him wrapped around her securely so that she could sleep.
 
“I will join you soon.” He stood while still holding her, but then found that he could not turn down the blankets to place her in the bed and hold her at the same time. There was a pang of pain in his heart as he found just one more thing he couldn't do for her because of his weakness, because he had lost an arm by his brother's hand, well, sword.
 
Kagome lifted her head as she felt a sigh sweep across her neck. Wondering what was the matter she turned her head slightly and realized the problem. “Sesshoumaru, move a little closer to the bed.” He obeyed silently and watched as she reached to the side and flipped the comforter and sheet back so that he could set her down. He did, lowering her slowly. She could tell he was upset as he did not look at her as he pressed a quick kiss to her lips. “Sesshoumaru,” she called out to him as he turned to walk away. She reached out and caught hold of one of the many pockets of his cargo pants that were hanging rather low on his hips by now, stopping him in his tracks. “Sesshoumaru, come here. Look at me.”
 
He sat beside her but would not turn his head so that she could see his face. He was too busy mentally degrading himself for being less than a man, thinking that she deserved a whole man, one that could hold her with both arms. There were already so many things that he couldn't do and he had been steadily thinking of other things he would never be able to do for or with her. Why should she suffer for his weakness, for his failure? He was actually thinking of leaving so that she could find a better, less flawed man, one as perfect as she, which was what she deserved and nothing less. He was less.
 
“Sesshoumaru, damn it, stop!” she said, sounding angry. Her tone surprised him, causing him to look up at her. His eyes were filled with pain, disappointment, and fear, things she never wanted to see in them. “Sesshoumaru, I love you just the way you are. It doesn't matter to me if you have one arm or two.” He didn't respond, causing her to slide from under the covers into his lap, still completely naked, pressing her soft, delicate form against him. She cupped his cheeks with her hands, trying to keep eye contact, but he merely looked down to avoid her eyes. “I mean it. Please… please don't look like that. Don't… it hurts me to see you like this.” She pressed her forehead to his, the tips of their noses touching as her hands slid around his chest to hold him tightly to her. “You are perfect just the way you are. And anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't matter anyway. It doesn't matter.”
 
“It should,” he said softly, so softly in fact that she almost missed it, even with her youki enhanced hearing.
 
“Why? Why should I care? Why should it bother me? Why do you let it bother you?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will never be able to hold you with both arms. I cannot run my fingers through your hair while holding you to my body. I cannot even lay you in bed without assistance. I will never hold both you and our child at the same time. It should matter to you. Being with me means that your life will never be completely whole, just as I never will be.”
 
Tears were welling up in her eyes at the pain in his voice. He sounded like he was going to leave her, the thought of which scared her, causing her to tighten her arms around him even more. “I will never miss any of it. I don't need you to have two arms. You can hold me perfectly with just one. Everything else… it doesn't come close to being enough to outweigh how wonderful I feel with you. I will never regret being with you because of something so… so insignificant. The love you give me with one arm is all I will ever need. But if you were to leave me… even if you thought it was for my own good… Sesshoumaru, I'd… I'd just lie down and die without you. Now that I have had you I will never be able to live without you. Please, you have to believe me. Understand. This is how I know you, how I love you, and I wouldn't change you for the world.” She kissed him softly before continuing, tears now streaming down her cheeks. “If … if I could… I would give it back to you, not because I want it… but because it hurts you so much not to have it. You are always so confident, but you let this make you insecure. You are perfect… beautiful, powerful, intelligent, strong, loving, perfect. You are not less anything. In my eyes you are 100% of the Sesshoumaru I know and love.”
 
Finally he raised his eyes to see the truth in her own. Those beautiful ocean pools were overflowing with love and compassion, along with complete honesty. She really did not find him less of a man because of his imperfection. She called him perfect, like this. She even cried for him. He kissed her softly before licking the salty tears from her cheeks. “Kami, Kagome, I love you. I just want you to be happy. I don't want you to feel obligated to…”
 
“No!” she cut him off. “Don't even think that let alone say it. Damn it, stop beating yourself up!” She reached down between them and began unbuttoning his pants.
 
“Kagome, what…?”
 
“Just shh for a second.” Her nimble fingers unhooked the button and lowered the zipper before standing from her place in his lap. “Stand up,” she ordered, taking hold of his hand and pulling at him in an attempt to force him to rise. The whole idea of her pulling him at all should have been funny but at the moment he couldn't feel much of anything besides the depression that was so heavy on his shoulders that he felt he would soon be pressed into the ground, probably where he belonged to begin with. He rose at her insistence and felt her give the waist of the cargos a tug, causing them to fall to the ground. She climbed into the bed as he stepped out of the pants pooled at his ankles. He turned and watched her settle herself on her back with a pillow under her head and mokomoko on her left side between her body and the wall, the end curling around her left leg. “Come here.” She beckoned for him and he slipped into the bed beside her now dressed only in boxers, letting her pull him close. She encouraged him to rest his head on her breast while lying on his left side, his arm winding across her waist. He could feel her running her fingers through his hair, her gentle touch soothing the pain in his soul. After a few minutes she spoke softly to him. “I am happy, Sesshoumaru. I am happy with you. Now I don't want you to ever think like that again, please. Promise me… promise me you won't disappear on me.”
 
He nodded his head slightly against her body. Every muscle that had been held tight under the stress was melting as her caress, her scent and aura, and her reassuring words relaxed him slowly until he drifted off to sleep. Kagome lay staring at the ceiling for a while, still playing with his hair while she thought. `I wish there was some way to make him believe me, really believe me. He's never going to let himself move past it. He will always feel like half a man, always blaming himself for some imagined weakness or failure. I wish I could give it back to him. It would make him happy, let him really be truly happy without it dragging him down, without questioning himself. That's all I want. I just want him to be happy with himself, comfortable in his own skin again. I wish…' Kagome slipped slowly into unconsciousness, her hand tightening in his long silver hair, refusing to let him escape her hold as she slept.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
First a big giant thank you to my new bestest long distance friend Iloveprettysilverhair. (yes, I mean bestest, even if it isn't a word. I like to make up my own when the case calls for it)
 
And thanks to everyone who is helping me revise all the early chapters. You guys are great and have saved me so much time, which has been spent today working on Chapter 61.
 
Oh, and everyone who asked, no, those great comics weren't mine. I couldn't draw a stick figure to save my life. No, one of my reviewers sent it to me and I had to share.
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
Mediaminer -
 
Janomaru - Ego boosts definitely keep the ideas flowing.
 
Little189 - Glad you're enjoying the `changes' Kagome's experiencing.
 
TreetopScout - Glad you're enjoying it enough to stay excited looking for updates. I'll have to do that now, a chapter on Sesshoumaru parallel parking. That was too funny. How about a 6 page shower scene instead? Hope you haven't lost power. Had that happen here once and laptop battery just didn't last long enough. Sucked.
 
Rosymouse - Nope. I'm not a fan of the idea of watching a little girl grow up and then doing her. Creeps me out. Now in an AU when they're all of similar age or something then I don't mind. Will Kagome get a tail? Dunno… have to wait and see. Action with 2 arms, so much more fun.
 
Brainshake - not time for lemon yet. There's gonna be a whole hell of a lotta limes during the week at home though, with Kagome growing more comfortable with their physical relationship. *wink, wink* The arm shall return before the girls notice because I don't wanna deal with that explanation. We're gonna go with he's too damn sexy to notice.
 
n8tivegurl - Sesshoumaru suffers from the irrational fear that she will begin to fear him, as every other woman has before. They're talk about it eventually. They're a little busy at the moment. Nope, you're the first to ask what game. If I were to choose the last one I played it would be Psychonauts. Or I would pick that one where the ball rolls around and everything sticks to it and the only point is to make the ball bigger. I have no idea what it's called. My husband would know but he's asleep.
 
InuAtashi - Oh, I would love pictures. I can see it in my head but if I tried to draw it, I laugh at myself it's so bad.
 
Ethereal Siren - I actually really like that song. And yes, it's definitely a stuck in the head forever kind of thing. Wonder if I can find that online. The `changes' in Kagome are going to progress slowly, so he might not tell her for a while, especially since he's afraid to. No piles of goo, but I did make them shrieky little gossipers.
 
Child of the moon - No, not mine, but I absolutely love it. I know, I'm a tease, Kagome's a tease, gee… I wonder how that happened. Lots of people have guessed by now so I'm sure someone else has probably guessed what you did. Feel free to spout hypotheses. I love them
 
Bettychan - there will definitely be some Hojo clue getting, but first we have to find out just how nuts the nutter-butter is first. Can't see the forest through the trees. …Sorry, now I've got Manson swirling through my head. What else…Oh, yeah, pizza a la sesshy chest. Yummy
 
Syoze - Not sure what kind of pranks I'm gonna use. Definitely going to make use of Shippo's magic though. I'll bet Sesshoumaru would be more than willing to assist Inuyasha in obtaining any future items needed to torture the wolf prince. Hope you have fun on your trip. Definitely since it was so expensive! Yikes!
 
Arry - Kagome will be getting bolder soon. Working on the AFF but I figured you'd rather me write new stuff then play with old stuff all day. I know I do.
 
Maddie50 - More frisky bits on the way!
 
Seggoge - According to winter or nile, can't remember which, on the group I'm in, the site should be up on Sunday. That one thing getting posted was a fluke, the login pages is still blocked, but it was there for a bit while one of them was doing something. I can't wait to put the chapters up.
 
Imanewme - Glad you're enjoying the story. Sesshoumaru will not suffer too much longer, though full lemon is a ways off. I figured the bitch thing would be obvious enough that it wasn't `Kagome' speaking. I hope you continue to enjoy, and I appreciate the time you took to review.
 
FF.net
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - No need to poke me anymore, eh? You're spoiled now. It's a good thing you're cute (hehe). I know I answered in a message but if anyone else reads all these, we're on day 27 in the story, day one being the Inu/Kag fight w/Kikyo.
 
Ginrei - She was excited to hear that you liked it. Can't wait to see your photo card. You know, she'd send you a new picture every week if I supplied the envelopes.
 
Rein phoenix - he didn't use the tenseiga cuz it didn't get to that. If I remember it right, his beast yelled for him to use the sword. He was pouting and feeling sorry for himself for a little bit. If she hadn't come back on her own he would have. Sleep. Sleeps always good. I haven't been getting enough. Damn inspiration keeping me up until 4am
 
Moonlit maurauder - there is a reason for everything I do. He didn't draw blood. His beast reacted that way because of how she was acting and because it understood the situation. Dog demon thing. Sorry you didn't enjoy that part but it's important.
 
Ready…aim…fire - I guess it is a good thing you're patient if your name is any warning. ;-) Glad you're enjoying, and all questions will be answered… eventually.
 
Black-Lion - Kagome's dad is most decidedly not a demon. Kagome's changing, yes, but into an inu? Maybe… Maybe not
 
Princess Kathleen - See, now hentai minds think alike. I'll have to use the freeze again too. It was fun. Pose-able Sesshoumaru, how exciting.
 
Chibi strawberry neko - nope, not an artist. But I thought they were too cool not to share.
 
Firesoul39 - But the cliffies make it fun for me! Glad you're enjoying the story.
 
Kirida - Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement. Glad you're enjoying.
 
Most unlikely angel - good guess - if you thought that was limey just you wait. I've got a lime that's pushin awfully close to a lemon.
 
Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I appreciate the support!