InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Lousy Timing ( Chapter 64 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you enjoy what Santa brought!
 
 
Chapter 64 - Lousy Timing
 
 
Sesshoumaru walked down the stairs and was heading towards the kitchen when Souta called his name in a whisper. The demon turned to look at the small boy, curious as to what he wanted. Souta motioned for him to follow and they walked outside and a short bit away from the house before Souta stopped and turned, tilting his head back so that he could see his face. “Sesshoumaru? There's something I want to ask you,” the little boy said confidently.
 
Sesshoumaru was surprised. What in the world could his little miko's little brother want to ask him? He nodded, signaling the boy to ask his question.
 
“What are your intentions with my sister?”
 
The demon's eyes widened minutely. The same question in not more than half an hour… what were the chances? “Why do you ask, Souta?”
 
“Because Inuyasha hurt her because he didn't feel the same way about her as she did about him. I won't let his brother hurt her too.”
 
The taiyoukai narrowed his eyes. The boy was not being completely honest with him. “I have no intention of hurting your sister. I love her.” He crouched down so he was eye level with the youngest Higurashi. “You are aware of my desire to make her my mate. I intend to ask your mother and grandfather for permission to court her.”
 
“When?” the child asked as if he hadn't cared about or listened to the response to his last question.
 
“Why do you wish to know?”
 
“Cuz, putting it off isn't going to make it any easier. Besides, you have no reason to worry. Mama already considers you Kagome's `mate'. She called you her son-in-law, didn't she? And she called your kids her grandchildren? She has no intention of saying no. I think she's been trying to tell you that, without actually saying it. And Gramps? Don't worry about him. He might act like he distrusts demons but he doesn't really. How could he when he allows her to run around feudal Japan with Inuyasha? He might give you a hard time at first, but he's just playing.”
 
“How can you be certain of such? And why are you telling me this?”
 
“I'm sure cuz I know my family. And I'm tell' ya so you go ahead and do it already. My dad isn't alive to ask, but I think he would approve of you. You make her happy, which is all that matters to any of us. I know Kagome loves you. You're strong and powerful, so you can protect her and take good care of her. No one thinks I understand, but I do. She's not meant to stay here with us. Kagome belongs in the feudal era with her friends and with all your kids and with you. She's needed there, and ever since she got pulled through the well the first time she's never really felt at home here.”
 
“Souta… you are very wise for your age, and this Sesshoumaru thanks you for your advice and for your acceptance. I promise you that I will do anything and everything in my power to ensure that your sister is happy, healthy, and safe for the rest of our lives.” The demon lord didn't know that the boy was unaware of the prophecy and of his father's true location, but when Souta said his father was dead; Sesshoumaru knew to keep his mouth shut. He was certain there was a reason the boy was as of yet unaware that his father still lived. The boy's words had calmed his worries more than he'd ever imagined possible. Having the blessings of this boy who meant so much to his Kagome meant a lot to the inu youkai. And if he was convinced that they would not deny him, then Sesshoumaru would trust his judgment.
 
By the time he escaped his thoughts and looked around, he found that the boy was already gone. Drawing upon the courage the little boy's words had given him, Sesshoumaru rose to his feet and reentered the house, seeing Hiromi and Kagome's grandfather both sitting at the table sipping tea. It looked like they were waiting for him. There was even a third cup set out and waiting to be filled.
 
“If it would be possible, this Sesshoumaru would like to speak with you both.” Gramp's nodded and Hiromi gestured for him to take a seat, pouring tea into the cup meant for him. However they'd known he was coming to speak with them he would never know but it didn't matter. What mattered was that he was sitting across the table from them, finally ready to ask for their permission to court his sweet Kagome, the one and only love of his near immortal life. “It is regarding Kagome, that which I must speak with you about. I am not sure if you are each aware or not that I have found myself incredibly attached to her. I have been fighting my true feelings for her for quite some time, only recently being open and honest with both her and my self. I come to you in order to ask for your permission to…” Sesshoumaru's words stuck in his throat as he felt it. Within mere seconds he jumped to his feet and was out the kitchen door, leaving the two humans behind.
 
“Pity. He was so close, too,” Hiromi said softly.
 
Gramps began to chuckle out loud, unable to hold it in. “He just can't catch a break!” Hiromi joined him and together they laughed about the demon lord's rotten luck and the inappropriate timing of another.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
After Sesshoumaru left the room they focused on their studies for a while before deciding they needed a break. They moved their materials out of the way and replaced them with their snacks, chatting and laughing together as they shared recent events in their lives. When it was Kagome's turn to share something interesting she wasn't sure what she could tell. She couldn't tell them about anything that happened in the feudal era and she'd already told them all she could about Sesshoumaru. The only thing she could tell them about was her morning shopping, though even then she couldn't tell them what she bought or why. Then she thought of something, the perfect thing to chat with her school friends about.
 
“This morning Sesshoumaru and I were doing some shopping and you will not believe who I had the pleasure of running in to.”
 
“Who was it?” Eri asked, already totally intrigued. Teenage girls are just so easy.
 
“Momoko,” she stated, pausing for dramatic effect and getting the desired responses from her friends. “First she basically demands to know why I was in a children's clothing store, which was absolutely none of her business. Then she has the nerve to ask me if she was right all along.”
 
“No. No way! She still hasn't given that up?” Yuka exclaimed loudly, making them all jump in surprise.
 
“I thought she had. We haven't heard it in school for a long time now. Over a year, even,” Ayumi offered.
 
“Apparently she's never going to give it up. Anyway, so Sesshoumaru walks up beside me since he'd been looking at something else when she came up to me. He told her I was shopping for clothes for his younger siblings. I hadn't known what to say, especially since I knew it didn't matter what I said. In her mind she'd hear whatever she wanted to hear.”
 
“Sesshoumaru has little brothers and sisters?”
 
Kagome had already figured out what her excuse for being in that store was by now. “One of Mama's friends is having a baby and Mama asked me to go pick up a gift for the baby shower since she was too busy.”
 
“Ohhh,” they all said in unison.
 
“So when she sees him she immediately starts to flirt with him, like I don't even exist or like there's absolutely no chance that he could be more than a friend. She asks him why he would ask me, basically saying I have no fashion sense. Then she offered to help him pick out the things instead, saying that her siblings were much younger than Souta and I quote `Unless of course there's a little Higurashi that she's hiding from the world'. Can you believe the nerve of her?”
 
“She's always been such a bitch!”
 
“Yeah, but I don't understand why she's always so focused on you, Kagome. Did you get into a fight with her or something? Anything that would explain why she is always lying and spreading rumors about you?”
 
“I have no idea. I never got in a fight with her. We were even friendly before I started to get sick. I don't know why she's so against me, why she tries so hard to humiliate me. But today she got humiliated instead. You should have seen what she had on. Micro-mini, neon pink, black handkerchief style top that was ready to explode, serious whore stilettos, and more makeup than I've ever seen on one person before.”
 
“I can't believe she dresses like that!”
 
“And she wonders why no one respects her.”
 
“She looks like she doesn't even respect herself. And she can't keep a boyfriend. She sleeps with them and then they're gone.”
 
“And she was flirting with Sesshoumaru like she was going to steal him from me or something. This is the best part. Sesshoumaru answered her. He said `Why would I ask Kagome to assist me? Because she is my girlfriend and I trust her opinion',” Kagome quoted in her best Sesshoumaru voice. “If I wished for my little sister to join your profession then I would definitely ask for your help, as you are obviously an expert in the field.' She got this confused look on her face. She had no idea what he meant. She actually asked what profession!”
 
“Oh my Kami! Oh, she was just asking for it!”
 
“Begging for it more likely.”
 
“So what did he say next?”
 
“He said that her clothes and behavior had led him to believe she was a whore. Then, as polite as can be, he asked if he was mistaken! She got so mad she tried to slap him but he caught her wrist before her hand could reach his face. When she tried to pull her arm back he wouldn't let go right away. He made her apologize to me. And then, while she was still tugging at her wrist he let her go and she fell backwards. Landed right on her ass! It was hilarious!” Laughter filled the room as the girls continued chatting, having fun filling Kagome in on all the hot gossip she'd missed lately. When the snacks were gone and they had all regained their composure, they went back to their studies, moving on to science.
 
Kagome was in the middle of a question when she froze, leaving a word half spoken, as she felt it. She decided after a moment that since Sesshoumaru was down there he could handle it, unless it was important and then he would call for her or come get her. Shaking her head while trying to remember what she'd been saying, Kagome ignored the questions of her friends as to her well-being and tried to focus on her studies instead. Though she found it difficult, after a few minutes she managed to distract herself with her work and cease her worries, at least for the moment.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha was getting impatient. Kazue had left to retrieve the village miko over half an hour ago! Why hadn't they arrived yet? Just when he was about to get up and find out for himself what the delay was he heard the excited screech of a little girl, the signal that the miko had been spotted. “About damn time,” he mumbled under his breath.
 
“Why so impatient Inuyasha? Are you enjoying your miko training that much?” Miroku asked with a grin. He knew something was up and he couldn't pass up the opportunity to poke and prod the hanyou in an attempt to get him to blurt out the truth, a method that had in the past proven quite effective.
 
“When the old hag gets here I'm going to Kagome's time. There are some things I need to get.”
 
“We aren't even close to being out of ramen, Inuyasha,” Sango said suspiciously.
 
“I ain't after ramen.”
 
“Then what is it that you need to retrieve from Kagome's time?” Miroku asked slowly, making his voice sound as innocently curious as possible.
 
“None of your fuckin' business, damn nosey monk! I'm just gonna go, get what I need, and come back. I figure it'll be safer for you and the kids if Kaede's here too.”
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru will not be at all pleased that you left his pups under the care of these humans when he told you specifically that you were to keep them safe,” Jaken said, unable to keep from sticking his little green beak into the conversation.
 
“That's why you're here, you annoying little shit. And I don't need you to tell me what my own fuckin' brother is gonna do or say! Just mind your fuckin' business!”
 
Jaken immediately began backing away, tripping over one of the many bags of supplies in the clearing and falling flat on his back. “Oh, look at all the pretty little flies,” he said in a dazed voice as he watched imagined flies circling his head, which was sporting a nice big new lump on the back where his head had collided with the ground.
 
Inuyasha laughed at the poor clumsy toad. “At least that'll shut him up for a bit.” The hanyou turned to look at his friends, his tone serious. “Look, I'll explain later, but as soon as Kaede gets here I'm going. I shouldn't be long. They can start without me if they want.”
 
“Alright, Inuyasha,” Sango answered, fairly surprised by just how mature and serious the hanyou had just sounded. Miroku merely nodded his agreement, unsure as to whether they needed to be worried or not.
 
Just then Kazue entered the clearing with Kaede on her back. As soon as Inuyasha spotted her he jumped to his feet. “I'll be back,” he called out before disappearing into the treetops. He made it to the well in less than a minute, looking around carefully and extending his senses to make sure there was no one around to see before he leapt into the portal between his world and Kagome's.
 
As soon as his feet touched the ground inside the well, the inu hanyou leapt out. He had just started to slide the doors open when they were roughly opened from the other side. “What happened? Are the children safe? Are you under attack? Was there an urgent message?”
 
Inuyasha couldn't say anything for a moment, surprised by Sesshoumaru's outburst. The demon lord became impatient and grabbed both the hanyou's shoulders, shaking him roughly in an attempt to bring him to his senses. “Fuck, Sesshoumaru! Stop! Everything's fine.”
 
Sesshoumaru growled dangerously. “If there is no problem then why are you here instead of protecting the children?” `And why did you have to choose that moment to come through the well? I was just about to ask!'
 
“I came to get a couple things. Wait, what the fuck?!” He'd just noticed the difference in his elder brother. “How in the fuck did you get your arm back? And you don't look half bad in clothes from this time.”
 
Sesshoumaru chuckled, allowing himself to relax. “Kagome seems to approve of this Sesshoumaru's appearance in such apparel as well. And my arm… my little miko was so kind as to return it to me. It was her gift, just as she gave you the gift of your full powers.”
 
“Was it like mine? Did you see someone?”
 
“No. We were surrounded by a whirlwind and we heard a voice but it did not sound familiar. Kagome was drawn to a box with another crystal in it. The box was hidden under the floorboards in here.”
 
“So there was another heart crystal?” Inuyasha asked, thoroughly intrigued.
 
“Yes, though this one was green, the same color as my poison and youki.”
 
“So, you put it to good use yet?” the younger brother asked with a hentai smirk.
 
“You, little brother, are spending too much time with the monk. Though if you are truly curious then yes, I definitely have and I have plans to do so again soon.” He chuckled again as Inuyasha's face flushed red. “You were the one who asked.”
 
“Yeah, remind me not to do that again. I don't need to be picturing you like that. Creepy. Where's Kagome anyway?”
 
“She is in her room with her friends studying. What is it you need?”
 
“I wanna get some of Kagome's clothes that haven't been washed. Her scent is fading off the bedding already from so many of us sleeping on it and I don't think they'll be able to fall asleep without her scent. Don't worry about it. I'll ask Hiromi. What are you doing while she's up there?”
 
Sesshoumaru scowled at his younger brother. “I was in the middle of asking their permission to court her when you arrived. You always have had the worst timing.” With that said, the demon lord turned and headed towards the house, Inuyasha sliding the well house doors closed before following.
 
“Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt. If I'd known…”
 
“There is nothing that can be done about it so there is no need to worry over it. I will merely have to speak with them again. I am going upstairs to assure Kagome that you merely came for supplies, that there is no problem.” When they entered the kitchen door, they turned in opposite directions, the taiyoukai heading up the stairs and Inuyasha following his nose to Hiromi.
 
When he found her he smirked. She already had a pile of ramen on the counter. Even though that wasn't what he came for, you could never have too much ramen and it made him feel special, that she cared about him enough to have already started gathering things. “Hey, I have a favor to ask you.”
 
Hiromi smiled at him, a bright, truly happy smile that reminded him so much of Kagome. Though he'd intended to leave as soon as he got what he needed, he decided he needed to see her, even if just for a few minutes. “Sure, Inuyasha honey. What do you need?”
 
“Well, you know about Kouga, right? Almost as soon as Kagome and Sesshoumaru left he showed up with a small pack, announcing that he was going to travel with Kagome to ensure her safety, the bastard. Saying I can't protect her. He still thinks Kagome's his woman, and it really bugged the boys. We've got some things planned for the wolf since he decided he would camp nearby and wait for Kagome to come back, just some harmless tricks, well, semi-harmless. The wolf is gonna wish he'd turned around and gone home. Those boys surprise me with all the things they thought of.”
 
Hiromi laughed lightly. “And am I correct in assuming that you do not want Kagome and Sesshoumaru to know about your pranks?”
 
“Not until they're over. I know they'll wish they could have seen it when we tell them, which was why I was hoping you'd let me borrow that `camera' Kagome brought before. The one that can take a lot of pictures and you can see the picture on the back.”
 
“Of course my dear. I'll give you some extra batteries too. Have you seen Kagome replace the batteries before?” He nodded. “Alright then. What else do you want?”
 
“Shippo's gonna transform into Kagome but for it to really work we need some of her clothes, something that she's worn that you haven't washed yet, so he'll have her scent. We'll also need…” The two talked in whispers in the kitchen for a while as Inuyasha told her their ideas and Hiromi was so kind as to tell him about some classic pranks from her time that she had the supplies for as well. It was hard for Inuyasha not to laugh aloud at the older Higurashi female's ideas. She was just as evil as the boys when it came to ideas for pranking the unsuspecting wolves. While she shared her ideas she made him a couple cups of ramen for him to eat while she gathered everything.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru could feel the nervous tension in Kagome as he climbed the stairs. He opened the bedroom door slowly and silently, only Kagome looking up. Her eyes were filled with worry and he immediately set out to calm her fears. `Nothing is wrong, Kagome. He merely came to retrieve some supplies.'
 
`So everything's fine? Thank Kami!' After a second she asked, `What could he possibly need?'
 
`Your residual scent is fading from the bedding and the children will not be able to sleep without your scent present. He needs some of your clothing that you have worn but not washed.'
 
“Kagome? Kagome, are you alright?” Ayumi asked, worried that her friend didn't seem to be able to hear her.
 
`Your friend is calling you.'
 
“What? Huh? Sorry, I was just thinking. I need to take my laundry downstairs. I forgot Mama asked me to earlier.” Kagome stood, mokomoko still clinging snuggly to her body, and grabbed her basket, walking out the door and down the stairs without another word.
 
While Kagome was talking the girls noticed the presence of Sesshoumaru. Once she'd left the room they practically pounced on him, each asking questions and dragging him to sit on the bed so he couldn't escape them.
 
“So you really do love Kagome?”
 
“Where is your family from, to have your hair and eyes?”
 
“Do you work out?”
 
“Oh, I bet you lift weights everyday!”
 
“He looks like he could pick me up with his pinkie!”
 
“Isn't it hard to have a long distance relationship?”
 
“And she's sick so often, too. How do you spend any time together?”
 
“How long did you like her before you finally told her?”
 
“Oh, tell us about your first date!”
 
“Yeah! Where did you go? What did you do?”
 
“And your first kiss too!”
 
“You wouldn't have any friends our age would you?”
 
“Oh, if only I had a boyfriend like you. The boys at school are so immature.”
 
“And no one at school looks even close to as hot as you do!”
 
“Oh, Kagome should totally bring you to the party Friday night!”
 
“Oh Kami, you're right! Everyone will be so jealous!”
 
Sesshoumaru decided to ignore most of their questions and statements. Half of them he had no idea how to answer anyway and he found it rather disturbing how curious these girls were. Was this normal? Did girls Kagome's age always share such things? Was this a future thing or did human girls in his time act so foolishly? He was interested, though, at the mention of a party. Though she tried to hide it, he knew Kagome missed just being an ordinary girl every now and then.
 
“Tell me of this party you mentioned,” he ordered, though they didn't notice the authority in his tone.
 
“There gonna be a huge party Friday night. The whole school is invited. It's to celebrate the end of exams and the school year. Everyone will be there! It's gonna be the party of the year and Kagome just can't miss it! She should bring you along, show you off. It'll be so much fun!” Yuki informed him.
 
“Does she know of this party?”
 
“I don't think so. We hadn't thought about it to tell her. She's missed so many parties the last two years because she's been so sick. It would be great for her to be able to make it since she seems to be feeling better,” Eri answered.
 
“I will discuss it with her, see if she would like to go,” Sesshoumaru said with a small smirk. He wanted her to enjoy her time here as much as possible since it would be a while before she was home again, at least for such a long period of time. She would most likely only be returning for supplies. All three girls launched into their own discussion on what they would wear, who they couldn't wait to see, and how much fun they would have. Noticing that they'd apparently forgotten his presence he stood and walked slowly to the door, almost praying that he didn't attract their attention. He held in his sigh until he was in the hall with the door closed behind him, then leapt down the stairs in one jump, elegantly of course.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha's nose twitched as he detected the scent of Kagome approaching. Looking up from slurping his ramen he smiled, seeing her wrapped in his brother's fur and looking quite comfortable. He hopped up and took the laundry basket from her hands, carrying it into the laundry room where he knew her mother was. When he came back into the kitchen he pulled her into his arms, burying his face in her hair and breathing her in. He hadn't realized just how much he missed her until just then, and she'd only been gone for one night. It was odd, how much easier it was for him to show her he cared about her now. Maybe it was their new connection, or maybe it was his understanding of her feelings for him so there was no more confusion as to what exactly their relationship was. He released her reluctantly, not wanting to give her up yet.
 
Kagome smiled at him once she'd stepped back. “So, what is it you need besides my clothes?”
 
“Oh, just a couple things for the kids. You're mom's getting everything for me already so you don't have to worry about it.”
 
“Oh, okay… So how are the kids doing? Are you keeping them busy?”
 
“They're as fine as can be expected since they miss their Mama. They pouted for a while after you left yesterday but Miroku went and got Kaede and that seemed to keep them distracted. Kaede's with them now. I figured they would be safer with her there too while I was gone, just in case. How long are you gonna be here again?”
 
Kagome smiled wider. “Why? Do you miss me too?”
 
He looked her straight in the eyes as he answered. “Hell, yes! I can barely sleep without you there. The clothes should help though. I might have to come back again to get more and bring back the others once your scent fades on them too.”
 
“Whatever works. I was gonna come back Saturday morning, but Souta wants me to go to his soccer game Saturday so I'll probably come back on Sunday.”
 
“And today is…?”
 
“Today's Saturday. So a week and a day more. How's the miko training going?”
 
“They're doing great. I never imagined they could sit still for so long but they're really determined to learn all they can so they can show you when you get back.”
 
“I wish it didn't bother them so much that I'm gone.”
 
“They'll be fine. Don't worry, Kagome. You just study and enjoy your time home.”
 
“I'm trying to. Oh! I got the kids some surprises this morning. And your brother doesn't whine and complain about wearing shoes like you do! I still think you're just being a big baby about it. What is taking Mama so long?” Kagome wondered aloud. “Maybe I should go help her.”
 
“No! No, I mean, I'm sure she's fine. Where's the kid? I'm surprised he hasn't shown up yet.”
 
“He's plastered to the TV playing video games. He probably doesn't even know you're here. Come on, you should say hi.” Kagome held out her hand and Inuyasha took it without hesitation. It was wonderful to have all their questions and uncertainties taken care of so they could just be.
 
As they walked from the kitchen to the living room Inuyasha had to ask. “So what's with the fur? And in front of your friends?”
 
“It's comforting. I like it. And I know they want to ask about it but they haven't yet. It's kinda like having him wrapped around me when he isn't around.”
 
“If only the rest of us had something like that of yours. Hey, kid! Don't I at least rate a hello?” Inuyasha said loudly, making Souta jump before turning around, a huge smile on his lips.
 
“Inuyasha! You're here! Do you wanna play video games with me? I tried to teach Sesshoumaru but I don't think he really got it.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru merely could not find the purpose in it.” Kagome turned around and grinned at him. “Have I told you how beautiful you look in my fur?”
 
“I don't know. Maybe you should, just in case,” she teased as he pulled her into his arms.
 
He lowered his face to her ear, giving it a teasing lick before whispering, “You look absolutely gorgeous wrapped in my fur though I would enjoy it all the more if that was all you had on.” He pulled back, speaking in a more normal level while smirking at her blush. “Please, this Sesshoumaru begs you; do not leave me alone with your friends again.” Both Inuyasha and Kagome laughed at his obvious distress.
 
“Is the great Sesshoumaru afraid of a couple of human girls?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Oh, it couldn't have been that bad. It was only like five minutes.”
 
“Five minutes this Sesshoumaru will never get back. Do all girls your age act as they do? They ask questions in the same fashion as Rin and your little brother.”
 
“What'd they ask you?” Kagome asked, rather curious.
 
“Nothing of any importance. They wished to know about our first `date', whatever that is, as well as out first kiss. They asked if our `long-distance' relationship was difficult. And they inquired as to whether this Sesshoumaru lifted weights. Why would I lift weights?”
 
Kagome giggled slightly. “Guys lift weights to work out, develop their muscles, like you would ever need that,” she said while tracing muscles on his abdomen through the thin white shirt that clung to them so perfectly. Souta snorted at his sister's comment.
 
“Hey, what about me?” Inuyasha asked with a wide grin.
 
“Oh, of course, Inuyasha dear,” she started sarcastically. “You have no reason to work out either. Just naturally perfectly defined.”
 
“Why do I get the feeling you don't mean that?” he asked playfully.
 
“I have no idea, Inuyasha darling.”
 
“They inquired as to whether this Sesshoumaru has any friends their age. Apparently no male that attends your school is as `hot' as I. And they did bring to my attention a party that you might wish to attend.”
 
“A party?” Kagome watched as Souta handed Inuyasha a controller and restarted the game for two players. “What party?”
 
“A celebration after your exams, on Friday. Do you wish to go?”
 
“I don't know. I'll have to ask them more about it. Speaking of them, I should probably get back up there. You coming up or staying down here?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will stay downstairs. I am not in a hurry to experience that again.”
 
She gave him a quick kiss before walking over to stand behind Inuyasha who was sitting on the floor in front of the TV. She brushed the edge of a pointed white ear to get his attention, grinning as it twitched. “I'm gonna go upstairs. I'll see you soon, okay? Tell them all I love them.”
 
He tilted his head back, looking up at her with a smile. “Will do. Good luck on your tests.” He stayed still as he watched her bend down, surprised when she pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. Then she was gone, racing up the stairs to rejoin her friends. Sesshoumaru sat down on the couch, watching the two as they played. After a short while Hiromi came out with a bag and Inuyasha said his good-byes, promising his brother that he wouldn't tell anyone about his arm. He wanted it to be a surprise. Souta whined for a while, trying to get Inuyasha to stay and play but eventually gave up and restarted his game again, setting it back to one player.
 
When he arrived in the past he leapt out of the well, sped back to camp, and tossed the bag towards the pile of other supplies before sitting silently with the children in front of Kaede. “What? I'm back. So what did you guys do without me?” Miroku raised a brow and Sango narrowed her eyes but neither spoke. Kaede just smiled before returning to their lesson.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru walked into the kitchen, hoping to find Hiromi and her father. She was standing at the kitchen sink, washing dishes. “You ready to talk again, now that Inuyasha's gone?” she asked. He nodded and she leaned out the kitchen door, calling for her father. The old man came through the door a minute later and they all sat around the kitchen table once again, ready to pick up where they left off.