InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikon High ❯ Pathway of Lanterns ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four: The Pathway of Lanterns

"Kagome's got a date! Kagome's got a date!" sang Sota, drawing out the last word for all it was worth, whilst attempting to outrun his older sister. He laughed impishly as he skid in his white tube socks around the side of the couch.

"Come back here, Sota!" the girl shouted after him, cutting out the middleman and scrambling over the beige sofa, still dressed in the clothes she wore to school. "I need to kill you with enough time to finish getting ready!"

Luck was on her side.

Her younger brother tripped over the fat cat Buyo, who had been stretched out asleep on the blue carpeting. Without further ado, she pounced on him. "Tickle torture!" she insanely shrieked before giving her brother's sides and stomach a good tickle.

The boy flailed and hollered, tears streaming out of his eyes. "Ack! Kagome, stop!" He wriggled and continued to make animal-like noises of protest, until after a few minutes more, when he thought he'd wet himself-or explode from the air pressure in his chest, whichever came first-his sister released him out of the half bear hug she had him in; a huge, triumphant grin on her face when she let him drop to the floor.

"Ha. That ought to teach you. Now, I have to go take a shower and finish getting ready. Inu-Yasha is supposed to be here at seven to take me to the festival."

"That's a whole two hours away, Sis!" Sota audibly gawked, reclining himself on his palms, now sitting up. "Why do you need all that time to get ready? All you have to do is put on a nice kimono and take a short shower before." He rolled his eyes. "Girls are so weird…."

Likewise, Kagome mimicked the action with a sigh. Glad you can count…. "Whatever. I just want to make sure I smell nice and my hair's washed." With that she whirled around, and marched out the room, unnoticing of her brother's salute of skin pulled down from under his eyes and tongue stuck out as far as it would reach.

Nor did she hear his muffled last words of, "Yeah…for your date."

I guess taking a shower will make me feel good… Kagome thought, upon reaching the top landing of the stairs and taking a right into the bathroom. Shutting the door, the girl shimmied out of her clothes and put them in a little pile out of sight and out of the way. Adjusting the faucets to the right temperature, since showering was usually a lot faster than regular bathing, she pulled the tab up and after a few seconds of the water pressure righting itself through the metal pipes, a spray of warm-near hot-water sprinkled down. Grabbing the guardrail, Kagome climbed over the edge of the tube and slid the glass shower doors closed, enjoying the sensation of the H2O with a contented sigh.

Humming softly to herself, the young girl seized her soap puff and absently began to drizzle some shower gel onto it, proceeding to scrub. What a weird day yesterday was…. I can't believe he just…asked me like that…. A blush of remembrance rose high on her cheeks, her expression half in a pout and half in embarrassment.

"I ASKED IF YOU'D GO TO THE SCHOOL FESTIVAL WITH ME, WENCH!" Inu-Yasha's voice rang in vexation, nearly causing her to drop her books in surprise, especially so when his hand moved to firmly grasp her upper arm. His grip was stalwart yet mild, almost tender in nature.

The whole school froze and watched; even some of the teachers in the hallways stopped to look at the little escapade. So quiet and statue-like that it seemed as if nothing would phase them, spare the couple in the smack center of the passageway.

Kagome knew her face was heating up with each passing second. The dog-demon's face was surly as usual, yet there was a gentle pleading in his ambry eyes that managed to override onto his well-structured cheeks. His strong jaw was clamped shut. His chest wasn't rising and falling like it would have, had his body's respiratory system not chose to fail at the moment.

How could she refuse such a softening expression?

Ok, yeah, he could be a real big jerk, but no one's perfect. Besides, he had some good qualities from what she'd seen over the week.

"Uh…sure…" was her quiet response as she scrutinized him under a gentle gaze. His inquiry…it was so unexpected, truly, and…abrupt.

She was pretty certain they'd stood there for a few seconds before moving, the catcalls and hoots, not to mention deafening clapping-Inu-Yasha pinned his ears back and plastered them to his skull, so-to-speak---ensuing down the corridor as he finally lead her to class. They didn't say much to the other, didn't look at each much, either. A strange silence lingered as they traversed, regardless of the cacophony around them; the boy's hand resting on her elbow in a rather protective fashion.

It was Inu-Yasha who said something at long last. "Would the lot of you just the the hell up?!" he snarled loudly from gnashed teeth. His face, having been lifted from peering at his white running shoes to glowering at the other students-to the front and sides--, was absolutely scarlet; Kagome wondered why she hadn't noticed before; the very inside of his dog ears was turning pinker than usual, a telltale trait for emotion of his. She noted this when his ears perked up after the shower of noise subsided to a regular school's murmur, notwithstanding, people still warily gazed with poorly hidden interest.

Kagome smiled softly at the recollection, rinsing purple tinted suds off. It was kind of sweet, him blushing like that…he looked kinda cute…. She waggled her head, realizing her cogitation and, albeit no one see her nor hear her, flush crept speedily over the bridge of her nose. I did not just think that! 'Inu-Yasha cute'?! Huh! Nonetheless, it didn't quell her natural reaction. The gentle scent of lavender filled the steamy air, and she got down her shampoo and conditioner and went to work.

After about a twenty-minute shower, Kagome tightly wrapped a towel around her wet body and went to work on blow drying her hair. Don't want to catch cold…. Finishing that and gathering her dirty garments, tossing them down the laundry chute, the girl bustled her way into her room, searching for the right kimono.

She went through several before deciding on a silk one her mother had given her as a birthday present. Putting it on, she modeled briefly in front of her mirror, smoothing out wrinkles and other such imperfections. Grinning happily, the girl snatched her hairbrush off the dresser, getting all the straggles out of her hair. "I hope I look alright.... Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi were so surprised today when I told them."

"So, what's Shikon High like, Kagome?" asked Ayumi, the curly-haired friend of the bunch, whose hands were folded neatly on the table in front of the red tray. "I've heard the courses there are really tough!"

"Classes are like advanced-" Kagome began to answer.

"Yeah, and are the students really as stuck up there as everyone says they are?" was Eri's question.

"Who cares?" interjected Yuka, the friend with shorter hair. "Are the guys cute?" She stared expectantly at Kagome.

"Uh…." The poor girl's head was swimming with the rapid interrogation her friends were giving her as they sat in a circular booth furthest back in WacDonald's. They were seated near the window, noonsunshine warming their faces a bit. "Actually, the people are really cool. I haven't really met anyone stuck up, but there are some rather temperamental characters there…. I've got some great friends there, too." She proceeded to tell them the outline of her week and the demons and humans she encountered. Her friends, of course-especially Yuka---asked for descriptions of some of the guys she encountered, to which Kagome rolled her eyes with a sigh.

"Sounds really nice," agreed Ayumi, drinking some of her coke.

Kagome nodded with a grin. "Yeah, it is."

Eri clapped her hands happily as she remembered something. "Oh, yeah, Kagome, we were wondering if you wanted to hang out at the moves today."

Yuka put in quickly, "Hojo's gonna be there." She gave her friend a furtive smirk, to which the girl turned a little red.

"Come on…" she huffed, discomfited, staring over the bridge of her nose at her burger, hoping her long curtain of hair masked the sides of her face. "I don't even know Hojo all that well. I wasn't expecting him to show up with a farewell present. Besides," she continued crisply, looking up, happy poise on her visage now, "even if I wanted to, I can't."

Ayumi tipped her head as she reached for a fry. "Why not?"

Yuka eagerly jumped on the bandwagon again-talk about boy crazy-leaning forward, almost inclining her blouse into a paper cup of ketchup. "Got a date?'

At that, Kagome blushed anew. "Not exactly…" replied the girl cautiously slow.

"HAH! We know that look!" shouted Yuka and Eri at the same time.

Inquiring tersely, "What look?" She narrowed her eyes at the accusatory pair.

"You DO have a date!"

"I-It's not exactly a date-date…" Kagome backpedaled, before feebly finishing, "He's just taking me to the school festival today."

"So, what's he look like?" Eri asked, leering at the girl, making her very uncomfortable.

Yuka joined in with the aforementioned girl's actions, putting the other girl in a corner, metaphorically speaking. "What type of guy is he, Kagome? The athletic type or the intellectual type?"

The question didn't register much, as Kagome had already scooted out of the booth-not a wonder she choose a seat to the outside-and was gathering her tray and purse. Her blue and white checked skirt swished slightly as she hurried to escape. "Look, it's not a date, ok!" she sounded sharply, setting the tray on top of trash can. "I'm just going to a festival with him and a few of our friends!" She sighed exasperatedly, desperately trying to keep her pinkness at bay until she was away from prying eyes. Ignoring their calls, Kagome hustled out of the fast food restaurant as quickly as her feet would carry her.

"Maybe I should've told them that the poster said it was cheaper for a group of couples to go together…." Kagome sweat dropped, brush in mid-stroke. Looking satisfied, disregarding how annoying her friends could be sometimes, she smiled at her reflection when finished. She took a seat at her desk, resting her chin on her fist, glimpsing at the analog alarm clock by her bed across the way.

~*~*~*~*

Inu-Yasha stared at himself in the mirror, visage a blank slate. The bathroom itself was dim and was silent, and no true, intrusive sounds bothered the atmosphere as he leaned forward, hand gripping onto the sink's wide counter. A few more soundless moments passed whilst he gawked expressionlessly at the silver-haired youth who stared back with golden eyes shining beneath unruly bangs. "Why the hell did I ask her like that?" he chided himself, joggling his noggin slightly in disbelief. The boy bowed over further, his forehead coming to be cushioned on the fleshy park of his palms. Mumbling satirically to no one in particular, "Yeah, and then I never heard the end of it from Sango and Miroku…"

Since he'd arrived home from the half-day of school that vivid, autumnal Saturday, Inu-Yasha continued to wonder, in much bafflement, how, at that time, he could possibly have been such an absolute…loser? Moron? Idiot? Was there truly a word in the Japanese language-in any language-that could fully encompass his inelegance?

Nope.

It was his own, teenage awkwardness; the essence of Inu-Yasha.

Oh ho, but his trouble didn't end there…it got worse before the day got out.

He had to hear that annoying wolf's voice as he and Kagome sat through chemistry yesterday-the class before his query was made. (Apparently the whole school had heard him…) It drove Inu-Yasha crazy; the only reason he didn't leap on Kouga was that the girl, in soothing, yet commanding tones, instructed him otherwise. Besides, there would other days to screw up that wimpy wolf…good things can come to those who wait…

"Lord Inu-Yasha! Lord Inu-Yasha!" a small voice seemed to bellow directly into his ears.

The dog-hanyou shook his head for a moment. "Huh?" He moved a clawed hand up to his cranium and began sifting through the mane of hoary. After a bit, dog boy found the culprit lounging on the backside of his left dog ear and plucked him off. "Hey, Myoga," he said to the flea-demon betwixt his index finger and thumb. "What are you doing here, old man? I thought you were asleep in your matchbox."

Righting himself when his young master set him into his palm, Myoga replied, "Well, Ms. Kaede mentioned in passing that there is to be a festival tonight." Smiling slyly at Inu-Yasha, the flea gave him a small wink. "I was wondering if you were taking someone with you, other than Sango and Miroku."

SQUISH.

Inu-Yasha ambled out of the bathroom, allowing a flat Myoga to flutter to the ground. The boy marched up the stairs, taking them two at a time nonetheless, and headed to his room. Going to the closet, the hanyou began sorting through festival worthy attire. Inu-Yasha looked up at the top shelf; a brown paper package could be seen peeking from the ledge and he grinned. Looping a claw around a circle of twine, he yanked it down, catching it in both hands.

Hastily ripping open the paper, Inu-Yasha soon found a marvelous kariginu of a deep scarlet. He spread the haori out first, followed by the hakama, on his bed. "Heh, this should work well."

Shutting the bedroom door, Inu-Yasha undressed out of his jeans and T-shirt; he slid the hakama on first. He smirked at the comfortable feel of the baggy, red pants, with only a string of indigo prayer beads adorning his bare chest-spare the forelocks that just touched over his shoulders-that had the teeth of some animal-perhaps that of a shark-every five beads; they had been a gift from Kaede the first Christmas he had spent with her. He opened up the haori, and a manila, long sleeved undershirt was folded neatly in the center of the cloak. That went on first, followed by the crimson cloak, and he tucked both into his pants, after making certain his haori was fastened correctly, the black string falling from his right shoulder to his left side; he also tied the sash of his hakama with a square knot in the center of the bow.

With that settled, Inu-Yasha smirked to himself. Glancing down at his stocking feet, he ripped off his socks, standing on one foot then alternating. Now to go get Kagome… Toes free, he left his room and bounded off the top stair, and touched down at the landing without more than the rustle of his attire. Kaede was in the den straightening up, wearing a priestess's outfit of a pair of red hakama and a white blouse. "Hey, Kaede, I'm heading out now, "he called over his shoulder has he padded his way to the front hallway.

"Oh, Inu-Yasha," the old woman sounded back from the aforementioned room, "are you going barefoot?"

"Yeah."

"Be sure not to impale yourself."

"Whatever."

"Have fun with Kagome," her disembodied voice chuckled.

The boy froze. Curious, and slightly miffed, he poked his head back into that room. "And how did you know I was going with Kagome?" stiffly interrogated Inu-Yasha as he glowered at her.

Turning to him, the old lady principal smiled serenely at him, not disturbed by his actions. "You had quite a loud way of proclaiming your wish." She watched as he blanched, then blushed. "Then again, even if I hadn't heard it in my office, Miroku has a way of making sure I know your doings."

One of these days, that fucker's gonna find himself headless…. Inu-Yasha swept out of the room, only calling, "I'll see ya later," truculently. His hand brushed over the table for the set of keys an inch or two away from his fingertips-as he and Kagome didn't live very close to each other. When he finally snatched his prize, he swore when he realized something. "Damn, I forgot the Honda's in the shop." Sighing, he let the keys drop back onto the table. "Guess I'll have to walk her there or something." Shrugging a bit, the dog-demon exited the house, shutting the front door behind him. As he whirled to face the now dark neighborhood, the streetlights flickering on, Inu-Yasha saw a blue Toyota Forerunner pulling into the drive; he shielded his golden eyes from the high beams with one of the long sleeves of his haori. Squinting a bit, giving his pupils time to adjust into even thinner, catlike slits due to the sudden light, he hollered, "Miroku, what the hell are you doing here? You're supposed to be picking up Sango."

"I'm right here!" the girl's voice called from somewhere within the vehicle. "I'm riding shotgun. Come on, Inu-Yasha. We'll give you a lift to Kagome's place."

"Yeah," Miroku agreed, leaning out of the car window a bit, "you can ride in back and bark."

The hanyou gave a growl as he approached the truck. "If I bark, at least I don't drool like you do." He wrenched open the door and hopped into the backseat, behind the driver; thankfully his legs weren't getting crunched.

Sango grinned lightly at the comeback, giving an askance glance at her boyfriend with her chocolaty orbs. "I think he might have you there, Miroku."

The boy said nothing as he glimpsed out the rear window and pulled out of the driveway. Double-checking that his lady fair wasn't aware-she was preoccupied with toying with the radio-he allowed his hand nearest the car door, curled in a fist, to drop to his side, only the middle finger extending. He knew Inu-Yasha caught the message when he heard the soft, but churlish, "Right back at you, asshole." Grinning, Miroku began heading for the Sunset Shrine.

"I still wanna know why a Buddhist monk knows where a Shinto shrine is," Inu-Yasha said as Miroku parallel parked on the street below the shrine's high, ascending steps.

"We all have things that would surprise one another, even after all these years," he replied. He looked over his shoulder, his customary, knowing grin in place. "I, for example, still cannot believe that you know how to sew."

"You swore never to speak of that!" The boy flushed as he waggled his claw at him, half angry, half embarrassed as Sango giggled.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Inu-Yasha," his female friend assured, adjusting her position enough to glance at him. "Just go and get Kagome."

Nodding, the dog-demon clambered out of the Toyota, but not before bopping Miroku soundly on his cranium.

"No hitting the driver!" he protested, rubbing the spot of impact, glowering at his pal, unable to reach him due to the seatbelt and metal in his way.

Inu-Yasha smirked. "You're not driving right now." He dashed up the steps, not offering sufficient time for Miroku to retort. He slowed his pace about midway up. Now the really hard part of this whole damn festival business that the monk had gotten him roped into was looming nearer than he'd realized. I have to deal with her family…great…. Then typical, teenage panic flooded over his senses. What if they don't like me? What am I supposed to do then? Waggling his head vigorously, just noticing he'd come to a complete stop, he scoffed rebelliously at his contemplations with disdain. Puffing himself up, he ran all the way up to the top of the stairs, coming to light under the entry arch.

The air was a tad cool, but his clothing was durable, warm, and overall good protection against what normal elements that might lay siege. Passing by a secluded grove at length, as he took the scenic route to the girl's house-he'd determined its location by smell-, Inu-Yasha watched the trees' upper branches sway slightly in the wind. It was a natural dance that sent leaves, many still green or yellowing, spryly wafting to the stone slab below. The sky was dark, and, as usual, the romantic lights of heaven were obscured by the luminosity of Tokyo. A half moon-which Inu-Yasha knew would soon surrender itself to a complete circle of ebony on blue-black…like Kagome's hair-lit the velvety expanse faintly with its mild glow; sparse breaths of smoky clouds spread the flush where the stars could no longer glimmer in plain sight in this modern age.

Inu-Yasha began to walk once more, when something caught his eye.

Turning, the boy found himself not too distant from a large-no doubt old-god-tree. Poised there, he watched, enraptured, as the wind blew through the leaves, making them rustle serenely; he felt somewhat calmer and certain of himself as he stood below it now. Somehow, this gentleness seemed very familiar. This tree…it's like I've been here before. Is that possible? He sniffed the air, only catching the Goshinboku's natural scent and the temple incense. Maybe…. We were Shinto…Mom and Dad could've taken me here as a whelp. Becoming aware of the fact that if he didn't hurry up, he would risk making all four of them late, Inu-Yasha strode away, only glancing over his shoulder before picking up the pace to Kagome's doorstep.

He rapped on the door and waited, fidgeting all the while; his heartbeat furious in his ears. Calm the hell down! Why I am so nervous…? He managed to regain composure when the portal was unsealed, and a young boy stood there, grinning at him.

"Hello," the child said.

"Uh…hey…. I'm here to pick up Kagome. Is she ready yet?"

"Let me check." He turned his head and shouted, "SIS! HURRY UP!"

"Ow…" Inu-Yasha lamented, his poor dog ears ringing-now twitching and moving at odd angles-as the kid looked back at him. Don't yell at the kid…don't get mad….

"I'm Sota. Do you wanna come inside?"

His hearing, having been righted so the sounds were no longer perverse when they met his eardrums, managed to catch the message and he nodded. Stepping over the threshold--Sota rushing to shut the door--Inu-Yasha gazed around the room. There was a beige sofa across from a television, where an old man sat asleep. "Now where's that wench at…?" he muttered incoherently to himself.

"Wow…Sis never mentioned you were a demon," Sota whispered in a hushed voice, completely awe-inspired. "That's so cool!"

"Heh," was his only response; he'd only caught the 'cool' part as he was focusing intently on Kagome's arrival.

"Hello there," a new, female voice greeted. "I'm Kagome's mother." The woman bowed with a smile. She had short, dark hair, but she retained a friendly appearance. "I don't believe she ever said what your name was."

The hanyou returned the gesture, bowing lower out of respect, subconsciously hoping to make a good impression. A succinct bout of depression lit his countenance at the woman's words. You mean…she didn't even talk about me? Inu-Yasha thought, half hurt and half angry. He swallowed a growl of irritation as he erected himself. "I'm Inu-Yasha," he managed to say evenly.

A small snort was heard-as well as "I was watching that" was mumbled a few times--, and soon the old man who'd earlier been dozing on the couch popped up beside him. "I'm the priest at this shrine and Kagome is my granddaughter, and I expect you to take care of her, boy," he spouted off, trying to look as stern as possible.

The boy stifled a grunt and merely bowed.

"Sota," Mrs. Higurashi began, turning to her son, who was staring at the newcomer with eyes filled with adulation, "why don't you go get your sister? I don't think she'll want to be late."

"Huh?" He looked at his mother before sheepishly shaking his head and nodding. "Ok, Mom." Sota made to jog up the stairs when he suddenly paused and looked at the half-demon. "Hey, Inu-Yasha? Are you and my sister going on a date?"

Inu-Yasha's jaw hung slack for a minute as he tried to formulate someway to verbally dissuade Sota's beliefs, which only lead to odd gurgling noises.

Nothing came.

Smiling, the boy said, "I thought so!" before bouncing up the stairs.

Finally, after working his mandibles ruthlessly, he managed to stammer, hand stretching to the place where the child previously was, "Uh, h-hey, I never said…." Upon hearing the snickers of Mrs. Higurashi and the old priest, he gave up any attempt, letting his hand drop to his side. Aw, screw it.

Then an angel descended the stairs, and he totally forgot his earlier grievances.

This heavenly maid was clad in a kimono of lavender with ribbon-like stripes of mauve. Fuchsia flowers dotted it, and a claret obi was tied around her dainty waist, a single plum bead hanging over the edge with a black cord. A pair of Zori sandals, no socks, adorned her lady-like feet. Hair that could shame a raven's feathers flowed in gentlest waves past her shoulders, matching the placid contours of her smiling face. Pools of sapphire sparkled with a hoary luster, as if the irises had absorbed the temples incense, rested there, and they were fixed on him; with thick lashes accenting them. And when she spoke his name, Inu-Yasha couldn't help but stand, dumbfounded.

This evanescence was Kagome.

That was when he realized he was gaping, and he hastily collected himself, more or less on the exterior. A hotness touched over the bridge of his nose and high in his cheeks; the tattoo of his heart at a fanatical frequency as he swallowed, the inside of his parched throat sticking slightly.

Kagome smiled still at him. Noticing his blush, she fought down a giggle at how sweet and innocent he looked. "Hi, Inu-Yasha. You didn't have any problems finding my house did you?" she inquired as she walked over to him.

He shook his head. "No," he muttered. "Miroku and Sango are waiting, so we should probably get going."

The girl nodded, giving each member of her family a hug. "Ok. Bye, Mom! Bye, Gramps! See ya, Sota!"

"Have fun, sweetheart," Mrs. Higurashi said, walking the pair to the door. "Oh, when will you be home?"

"I'll have her home between ten-thirty and eleven o'clock, Ma'am," Inu-Yasha supplied, to some extent, shyly.

"All right, take care and be safe."

Bobbing her head in acknowledgement, the girl opened the front door. "Yes, Mom." Kagome entered into the cool night air as she hopped down the steps, hearing her mother shut the doorway after Inu-Yasha.

He soon fell in step beside her, and they began their jaunt-the short way this time-down to the vehicle. An awkward-but very much expected-silence ensued for a while; the breeze playing in the grove was their solitary serenade.

"Y-you…you look…pretty…."

"Hmm?" Kagome turned her head to peer at Inu-Yasha mildly. His uncertain, stuttering voice had caught her off-guard somewhat. "Oh…well, thank you." Her human sight strained to clearly see his visage. Had she been able to, she would've been able to make out the blush crossing his cheeks. At least she could see a pearly fang gnawing at him bottom lip as he kept his gaze cast to the ground. Sensing his anxiousness, Kagome gingerly cupped one palm over his upper arm and the other on his sinewy forearm, drawing her svelte, little form closer to him; a shudder in his muscles told her that her deed didn't go unnoticed. Timorously, she murmured, "I really like your kariginu."

"Th-thanks…. It's spun from the fur of the fire rat …my father gave it to me…." he replied huskily, nevertheless it was a warm utterance, feeling like he was on pins-and-needles. An ambry eye glimpsed cagily-almost surreptitiously-at Kagome; that tranquil smile he'd so quickly grown accustomed to lighting her face. Having her so near, Inu-Yasha relaxed a bit and released a tacit sigh. He struggled for something else to aid further in breaking the strangeness in the air. He managed to get out, "The festivals are actually pretty ok," without a stumble.

"Really?" she queried, glad to seem him ease slightly.

"Yeah." Score two as his tone returned to normal confidence. "Some food and games, locals come. They're supposed to shoot off some fireworks tonight." The hanyou shrugged his shoulders casually. "It's not half bad."

"I promised Sota, that little brat," the girl said, fondly, "that I'd bring home a prize or something."

Inu-Yasha grinned lightly; so he wasn't the only one who referred to kids as brats…though he was pretty damn sure the girl wasn't a frequent user of the term.

They started to descend the flight of steps, the Forerunner scarcely visible. A loud 'beep' resounded in the close vicinity. Apparently Miroku was getting impatient. Sango's voice could be heard scolding him, but he managed to get one last beep in before she managed to grapple his hands away from the car horn.

Rolling his eyes, Inu-Yasha flipped him off-using the hand Kagome couldn't see and the arm she wasn't grasping onto-as they made it to the bottom. "Calm the hell down, Miroku, before you shit your robes. We've got time."

Sango sat with her head resting against the rolled up window, still holding onto her boyfriend's wrists. "What did I do…?" she sighed quietly before seeing her friend. "Oh, good, Kagome, you're finally here," the girl said as the other female clambered in the space behind her-sliding in from the driver's side as the passenger side was to the street. "I finally can get some relief from these two."

Kagome giggled. "Miroku and Inu-Yasha can't help how they are."

"What? Male or stupid?"

A lovely debate broke out in the truck about why men were stupid and why women were too emotional, though it was done as a jest. Sango and Kagome declared themselves winners by default when the guys got stumped on a tough question; Inu-Yasha and Miroku objected robustly that it wasn't fair to use a very feminine oriented query, to which the girls waved them off.

Next, they fought over the radio station until Miroku avowed that he had the rite to decide what to listen to as it was his vehicle. When the Toyota lurched at a red light, Inu-Yasha thumped him one in the shoulder just as Sango did the same to his upper arm.

Everyone finally agreed to listen to a burned copy of The Best of the Beatles and jammed out. The group rolled down the windows and sang as loud as they could-even Inu-Yasha--, "All the lonely people, where do they all come from? All the lonely people, where do they all belong?" No one could suppress the fits of laughter that arose as passerby stared curiously at the insane foursome of teenagers.

They eventually managed to arrive at the festival, unscathed. After parking, everyone exited-Miroku went around to the other side and opened the door for Sango with quite a flourish. Approaching one of the six little booths, the boys split the cost of entrance. A stout woman with a hardened face said nothing as she accepted the payment and stamped each of their hands, leaving a crimson ring.

"Well, Sango and I are off. Have fun you two," the monk called as he swung hand to rest on his girlfriend's waist, which she watched warily. "Behave yourselves!"

Kagome and Inu-Yasha watched as the couple walked off.

"He makes it sounds like we're the delinquents," the hanyou muttered.

The girl nodded, a slight sweat drop creeping down the side of her face. "If anything we should be telling him that."

"At least he has Sango to keep him in check or else he'd be conning a lot more people…"

Without further ado, Inu-Yasha and Kagome entered into the world of the gala.

A world of color and lights overtook the pair when the stepped around the scowling woman's booth; the sounds of festival music and a million conversations going on at once engulfed them as well. Numerous rice paper lanterns hung at the tops of little wooden stands that had all manner of things in them: food, games, and gift shops--to generalize. The elephantine throngs contained mainly students, but some families were seen browsing around. At the onset of their venture, Inu-Yasha and Kagome were walking side by side, but when the girl almost got bowled over by couple of second year demon boys-to which the hanyou was not pleased, to say the least, when he quickly scooped her into him as they passed-they decided that maybe linking arms would be alright. (And Inu-Yasha remembered to walk on the outside.)

With that new policy instated, they nosed about for something to do. Not having put it out of his mind, Inu-Yasha remembered what the girl had mentioned about her little brother.

"Hey, Kagome, there's a shooting gallery over there. They're using the Nerf style of arrows. Maybe you should try it. Sango says you're pretty damn good, and I wanna see for myself."

"Ok, let's check it out then!" she said happily, having to scamper slightly to keep up with Inu-Yasha's long strides as he managed to writhe around people, clutching onto his arm firmly. Sure enough, there were some worthwhile prizes hanging from the pegs; Kagome's eyes were on a large, green frog with his tongue hanging out. She recalled her baby brother having one, but Buyo had shred it. She went to fish her money out, but the dog-hanyou beat her to it, and paid for the game. She gave him a soft 'thank you' as she took her three arrows and the plastic bow.

"Good luck, girlie," the boy behind the counter said as he hopped onto a stool out of the way of his customer.

"Thanks." Keeping her eye trained on the red-and-white bull's eye, Kagome shot and hit it about dead center. "Yay!" she sounded as the guy working the booth stared at her wide-eyed when he removed the elongated dart; he wasn't the only one; Inu-Yasha was, too.

My gods…she's…unbelievable…. The stream of light following faintly after the arrow had not gone unnoticed by his keen eyes. She might be better than Kikyo…! Inu-Yasha stood there, obviously impressed.

She smiled before shooting the last of her arrows, hitting in the bull's eye every time. Her collective points allowed her to get the frog, which she cradled under one arm, and a small fan, which she folded and tucked into her obi.

Inu-Yasha was still shaking off his amazement when he and Kagome walked off from the game, arm in arm.

"Come, play, and test your luck at catching one of the slippery, golden devils!" a girl's voice rang charismatically as they passed. "No limit until your paddle breaks!"

At that moment, Inu-Yasha got an idea. He glanced at the girl with him, who was peering at the booth with childish interest. He steered Kagome over to the suggested destination. "Come on," he urged, almost candidly, as a smile crossed his face.

They came up to the front of the line in no time-as the persons ahead of them didn't have very much luck keeping their paddles from breaking-and the three girls working the fish pond beamed at him.

"Uh-oh, everyone, Inu-Yasha's here at the goldfish pond!" one laughed as she accepted his payment, figuring they could possibly gain more business. "If you watch him, you can see it is not impossible!"

Curiously, some more people began to crowd around as the hanyou half-smirked, especially at the wondering look on Kagome's face; the girls working the booth were broadly beaming as they saw many members of the line take out some yen. Taking the rice paper paddle in hand, he got to his haunches, clear bag held between his free fingertips, and went to work.

The girl had never seen anything like it before. Her companion was able to get two or three fish in one scoop; after about a minute, there was fifteen fish-she estimated-in the drawstring, plastic bag, swimming around and Inu-Yasha still had two paddles left, and his first one had yet to tear. The crowd made noises of astonishment; several children cheered him on.

Rising to his feet, the boy whirled around, carefully clutching the bag, double-checking that there was enough water for the little creatures to survive in. He took the cords and drew them together, twisted them, looped them around the neck of the bag, and tied it so there was a loop to be used like a handle. With a smirk, he held it out to the girl. "Here, Kagome, take them."

Befuddled, she accepted them with a small, "What?"

"I got them for you, stupid," he groused, secretly pleased as she rolled her eyes with a smile. Inu-Yasha left the two remaining paddles with one of the other girls; he figured no one would want his soggy one. "Give those two free to someone."

Still confused, Kagome allowed the hanyou to sweep her away again. He…he just got fish for me…like a present? "Thank you, Inu-Yasha," the girl said, wrist within the circle of string as they turned away from the cheering-and flabbergasted-crowd.

"Keh, no problem."

By Inu-Yasha's stomach's demand, he determinedly decided that it was time for some chow, and Kagome had no qualms; she hadn't eaten before hand-she'd been absolutely too anxious. They agreed to eat a little noodle joint that had some lawn tables and chairs set up towards the edge of the carousing, the boy insisting all the while that the food was good. Approaching the stand, the pair saw Tsuyu and Nobunaga…who had a monkey on his head…

"Kagome! Inu-Yasha! How good to see you!" Nobunaga welcomed with his voice a bit less apprehensive than usual. He was dressed in a blue samurai-like ensemble with white, square prints-which were divided into quarters-with his hair pulled into a high ponytail. A pinkish shirt, the same color as the cord that tied his hair, could be seen with another string running over it, stretching from one side of the outer cloak to the other.

"Hey, Nobunaga," the girl greeted back with a smile. She pointed to the primate lively dancing on his head. "Who's your little friend?"

"Oh him?" The boy frowned slightly as the monkey ceased his jig to scratch his rump while peering curiously at Kagome, having already seen dog boy and hailed him with a yowl of elation. "He's Hiyoshimaru."

Inu-Yasha chuckled with a shake of his platinum-haired cranium. "Still seems he goes with you about everywhere, eh, Nobunaga?"

He sighed in defeat before turning to Tsuyu with a smile.

"Well, we're going to play some games," Tsuyu said, coming up and grabbing her date's hand, making him blush a furious ruby. "See you later." She waved as they vanished into the mass of merrymakers, Hiyoshimaru still boogieing as they did.

Kagome and Inu-Yasha, tummies rumbling, each ordered a bowl of noodles-well, in dog boy's case, three bowls-and sat down at a nice table furthest from the revelries, allowing them to freely spec Tate the joviality. The hanyou, once again, paid, making the girl feel a little guilty.

"Inu-Yasha," she remarked as they watched a group of children running around, chasing each other with piebald paper snakes, "you don't have to pay for me. I brought some money along. I really would hate for you to spend all yours on me." She looked apologetically at him, and it made him wonder why.

"What's with that look on your face?" he scoffed crossly. "Maybe I wanna spend my wages on you. I am your…uh…." He had to contemplate for a moment for something to say as his steam expended.

A mantra of her kid brother's words kept flittering through his mind: "Hey, Inu-Yasha? Are you and my sister going on a date?" Brief pause while he gaped obtusely at the boy. "I thought so!"

"Uh, h-hey, I never said…."

Well…I didn't exactly say no, either…. Suppressing new warmth in his face, and that tingly feeling throughout his body, Inu-Yasha found a synonym. "…friend…." The divulgence came out briskly garbled, in much discomfiture, as he shoveled as many noodles and little crab cakes as he could into his mouth. Mentally, his mini-self was kicking the shit out of his psyche, although his assertion was verity.

Damn it all. Teenage ineptness had won out again.

Why was he acting so strangely around this one girl?

I never acted like this around Kikyo…. Then again, he became aware of, dimly, that, though the two were similar in looks, even after a week, his charge was totally different individuals…and that he was perfectly happy-and very relieved-at that fact.

Kagome smiled, and his heart leapt to voice box level. "I'm glad we're friends." Bashfully, she returned to her noodles, quietly pondering what had lead to the array of emotions that had been displayed on his face.

She couldn't help but want to succumb to the desire to speak with him a little more, particularly of what he was thinking about when she caught his golden eyes flickering on her for a moment preceding shyly searching elsewhere. She attributed it to the fact, mainly, that they'd been spending so much time together, due to Kaede binding them as student ambassador and newbie: one week down and two more to go. Has the time passed so fast already? I can't believe it… her thoughts lead her to incredulity at the awareness.

"Kagome!" a child's voice sang, breaking her meditation, and soon a small body had adhered itself to her chest.

Glancing down, the girl saw the bundle-which seemed to be mostly orangey tail-which she identified as Shippo. The boy was dressed in such a cute pair of navy trousers, a rather furry looking camel-colored vest, with an aqua colored shirt beneath it that was patterned with acorn leaves of a lighter shade; he wore no shoes over his fox-like feet and his hair was done in a topknot. She grinned at him and hugged him with a girlish squeal. "Oh, Shippo! How are you?"

He wagged his fluffy tail in an attempt to tickle part of her before responding. "I've been great, Kagome! Mommy and Pa are here and we're going to play all sorts of games and stuff, but Pa was getting hungry so…" The kid continued to ramble happily on as the girl listened, blissfully unaware of the growling half-demon across the way.

When the fox-child paused to take a breath, Inu-Yasha used that as his cue to interject…or, he would've, if the boy's parents hadn't show up at that precise moment. Jowls slacked briefly, he clamped his mandibles shut and tucked his arms inside the sleeves of his haori. No good, annoying, talkative brats…he thought with a pout, settling with giving a firm glare and near inaudible growl before giving a 'keh'.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Hishinuma," Kagome said with a smile as the couple returned the grin.

Mr. Hishinuma, a tall fox-demon a long tail trailing after him, nodded; an arm around his wife. "Hello, Kagome. Are you having fun? Are you fitting in alright at Shikon?"

The girl bobbed her head. "Yeah, the festival's so much fun, and the transition to Shikon High wasn't all that bad. I'm still getting used to walking from class to class rather than the teachers coming to me."

While the babysitter and her husband conversed, Mrs. Hishinuma smiled archly at Inu-Yasha, whose lips did a quick twitch in response. His eyes, she noted were fixed on the young girl holding her son. The expression on his visage was mild but vigilant while he waited; she supposed his watchfulness was intended to be ambiguous as he was the quiet, brooding type. Mrs. Hishinuma suspected that her young neighbor would much prefer it if they left them to their date-knowing Inu-Yasha, she figured she better not mention the couple's outing as such-since his body was anxiously fidgeting slightly; it probably took most of his self-control to keep from unleashing a colorful hodgepodge of lexes. The woman smiled again, briefly recalling her husband and her own first date. "Inu-Yasha, how did you and Kagome meet?" she queried, choosing her phraseology with care.

He snapped his attention to her, though the peering was not unkindly. "Kaede assigned me to be her student ambassador," the boy explained simply.

Mrs. Hishinuma nodded, tendrils of auburn drifting softly to frame her face. "I see. By the way, Kaede's here. She wanted Koji and me to check up on you." Using the curious look he bequeathed her as a notion, she elaborated. "She wanted to make sure you had enough money, you hadn't gotten in a fight," Inu-Yasha snorted when she said that, "the usual."

"Well, if she really wants to know, tell her that I've got plenty of money and that I have not gotten into a fight." Yet…

The woman bobbed her head, before calling to her family. "Koji, Shippo, let's go."

Shippo moaned popping his head up, still in his babysitter's embrace. "Aw, Mommy, can't I stay with Kagome?" he pleaded adorably.

"No, sweetie. Inu-Yasha and Kagome are enjoying the festival together. Say good-bye."

Begrudgingly, the little boy sighed, hopping from the girl's arms. "Bye, Kagome."

"Don't worry, Shippo," Kagome assured with a grin," I'll be watching you again on Monday." Noticing how the child's eyes were lingering on the stuffed frog resting on the table, the girl scooped it up and presented it to him. "Here, why don't you take this, Shippo? I've got a lot more stuff I've won." It was partially true, but most of the stuff was little mementos.

"Really?!" his naive voice squealed in delight as he seized the gift.

She giggled, still smiling. "Really."

An hour or so later, Inu-Yasha and Kagome had just about done everything at the festival. The fireworks display the hanyou had spoken of earlier had yet to be. They had settled into the rhythm of the buoyant groups, carefully moving around, still using their policy of linked arms. For a replacement souvenir for Sota, the girl had decided to split her newly acquired goldfish collection.

Getting desiccated, they bought some bottled water (Kagome's treat) and scooted to a location out of the mainstream of people.

The duo was in the middle of a conversation about Nobunaga's monkey, Hiyoshimaru, who was currently running rampant through the crowds, squealing as he ran with a sack of cotton candy in his paws--an infuriated Nobunaga chasing after, nearly tripping over his own sandals several times--when the most unpleasant of things put its two cents worth in.

"Hey, dog-turd, what the hell are you doing here?" Kouga's voice sneered superciliously from behind them.

Each turned. One looking averse and the other homicidal.

Inu-Yasha took a swig out of his water bottle before answering, glaring dangerously at the wolf-demon, who was without his buddies for once. "I was enjoying the festival with Kagome till you came."

He waved a hand. "Even among all these people, mutt-face, your scent still overwhelmed it all." He spat at the ground near the half-demon's feet. Clad in what looked like old, black armor; hairy shoulder pads, leg warmers, headband, and wristbands-not to mention what could've been classified as a skirt, or a kilt-Kagome wondered how exactly Kouga had whipped up this ensemble. "Kagome," the wolf's azure eyes scanned up her form with interest, unnoticing that he was on the receiving end of one of the most fatal glowers possible, one capable of combusting liquid nitrogen from her companion, "you look lovelier than usual. You should've taken up my offer instead of going with this society reject."

Inu-Yasha began rumbling beside her, crackling his knuckles threateningly. The girl laid a hand on his chest, fixing the other guy with a stern gaze, taking a small step forward. "Kouga, don't talk about Inu-Yasha that way. He is NOT a society reject." She missed the look of surprise on both boys' faces. "In any case, he did actually ask me."

"My dear Kagome," he took her hands in his, which made her squirm; and the goldfish bag over her wrist jiggle. He once again, temporarily forgot the hanyou was right there. "I heard how he forced you into attending with him. He shouted at you, making you feel threatened."

"Um, Kouga, I appreciate the concern, uh, but, I-"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN I FORCED HER TO GO WITH ME?!" bellowed Inu-Yasha, the ebullient snarl that had been rising up his throat finally breaking forth as he interrupted his female companion. Seizing her shoulders, he ripped the girl away from the wolf-demon, the lethal spangle at full power-a beacon-in his ambry orbs. Pushing Kagome behind him, the hanyou-boy growled at what he considered his rival in…well, uh, everything. "She could've said 'no'!"

"Don't flatter yourself, mutt," he shot back. "Kagome has no reason to go with you anywhere." Kouga turned his attention to the girl. "Come on, Kagome, why don't we go for a walk? There's a pathway for couples." He grinned winningly at her.

"That's where we were going," Inu-Yasha broke in. "Let's go, Kagome." Not giving the girl a chance to say anything-who was wondering what she did that she got in the middle of a brawl between two, possessive, canine males--, he whirled around, grabbed her on the forearm and led her away from the flirtatious wolf-demon.

Or so he hoped.

Kouga was trailing them, shooting his mouth off at Inu-Yasha. He was still hailing insults when the twosome reached the entry gate of the Pathway of Lanterns where one of the teachers--that Kagome didn't know-stood sentry at. The gate itself was positioned between two large booths; it was a shoji screen that was big enough to fill the considerable gap. A door was directly behind the man, and the screen itself seemed to glow like some celestial gateway.

The man peered at them, glimpsed at his wristwatch, and curtly nodded. "You two can go ahead but you," he pointed to Kouga, "you stay. Couples only. Wishful losers stay outside until they can get a date to take them," he rattled off in a dry, cavalier tone.

Inu-Yasha and Kagome slid open the small door and entered-the hanyou chuckling wryly to him self, glad to know he wasn't the only one with such opinions on the wolf-demon-, leaving Kouga to bicker with the teacher, saying that the girl was his date; with that, it glided closed behind them.

So, they began walking on the little "lover's" trail at a leisurely pace. As they got further away from the merriment-and Kouga and the teacher's wrangling-the air grew quieter around them, gradually dieing into a hum and then to nothingness so the only thing that permeated the atmosphere was the pair's gentle breathing and soft heartbeats as they promenaded, arm in arm.

When the aggravating wolf's voice, inevitably, was out of range, Inu-Yasha's fiery wrath dimmed a bit. At least he could try and shove aside the bastard's arraignments…though the hanyou was one who was subject to dwell on something so infuriating. But, best yet, that cocky, wolf-pup wasn't the one taking some moonlit stroll with Kagome; he was.

At that, he couldn't suppress the smirk that touched his lips.

They must've been languidly walking for at least a minute or two. Neither had uttered a word, so, to break the silence, Inu-Yasha took it upon himself to make the first move. "Pretty night, isn't it?"

Kagome nodded. "Yeah, it is," she concurred, falling in step with the half-demon. A brief silence fell between them as she switched the goldfish bag off to the other wrist. She took a short time to take in the surroundings.

The Pathway of Lanterns was a dirt walking trail amidst dark, tall trees, readying for autumn, on either side. At the higher boughs, multicolored rice paper lanterns were strung across on paper link chains; casting the only unnatural light source in the area; while it was bright enough, the forest still loomed as a dark, baleful realm outside the protective bubble. A zephyr blew; not exactly chilling, but diminutively cool, making Kagome give a petite shiver. "Any idea when the fireworks are going to go off?" she asked of him, taking her free wrist and rubbing her opposite, upper arm with her palm.

He shrugged. "Not a clue." Inu-Yasha had felt her frisson, and glanced at the girl attached to him. "You getting cold, Kagome?"

The young woman nodded. "A little," she admitted.

With an apathetic sigh, the hanyou undid his arm and removed his garnet haori, left with only the long sleeved, taupe shirt. "Put this on," he instructed, offering it to her.

A smile of relief and gratitude, Kagome accepted his gesture and carefully slipped the large cloak over her lithe shape; it hung down passed her knees and way past her hands. "Thanks, Inu-Yasha."

"Keh, you're welcome," replied the hanyou, feigning indifference; the only hint, truly, was, as he closed his eyes, one fang overhung his bottom lip as he half-smirked.

In a comfortable hush, they continued their leisurely walk. The dreamy luminosity the lanterns emitted came in faintly dappled hues, as they made circles of light overlap on the dusty lane. It glimmered serenely as the breeze blew the paper lanterns, so they swayed to and fro.

Inu-Yasha could perceive trace sounds, due to his keen hearing, from the festival that, now it seemed, was so far behind them. The remnant purr of melody waltzed into his ears, but he did not detect the soft timbre; his attention was wound tightly around the girl clutching his arm with both of her elfin hands.

Her scent was of lavender and incense again--just as it had been before, when he first encountered the lass--with a faint soupcon of sage and lemongrass that only his sensitive olfactory could have ensnared. She was warm beside him, and he discovered that he relished her company and the sentiments it evoked within him, though very indistinct in their crazed jumble; yet, to the boy, Kagome not only was warm on the exterior, as the hazy lantern lights dared to cast their tinged glow upon her, but a geniality-a light-all her own seemed to wash out of her pores, making her appear more ethereal than when he'd first seen her descend the stairs only three hours ago. His heart pounded deafeningly in his ears, and he could feel the blood as it coursed through as his veins. The hairs on the nape of his neck stood at attention, while his dog ears and cheeks, no doubt, pinked with ostensibly no reason when he stopped them both.

The sky remained blackened, like some dreary memory that one has long forgotten, yet cannot neglect the sense that it is present. The boy had a theory of what happened to the absent stars, as he turned the girl to face him: they were incarnated in Kagome's befitting pools of indigo.

Everything outside their sphere of light on this dirt path mattered not.

Kagome stared at Inu-Yasha inquisitively when they paused at-where she figured-the middle of the trail was. He had laid his calloused hands upon her upper arms and was peering so amorously at her; she quivered, feeling absolutely empty and easily rattled by the beats of her heart. Voice caught in her throat, the girl found her self gazing back into his eyes; they were like pink champagne in a martini glass, left on the parapet of some high marble balcony as the sun melted into dusk as dreams-wishes of a person's heart-misted onto the lip of it. She was dazed, like a newly awoken dreamer feeling the cool dew on their face, as the rice paper lamps glowed-waiflike-brighter. Her hands rested on his chest, her fingertips just brushing the rosary round his neck.

He drew nearer, fingers and claws creeping their way solicitously back to her soft, obsidian tresses, tucking a loose wisp behind her ear. One rough palm moved from that position to lie on a softly crimson cheek as he brought Kagome's face closer as he tilted his head.

The girl was bemused, without a clue as to what to do as Inu-Yasha's balmy breath touched her face; the heat from his lips almost on hers, she swallowed as one of his cesium forelocks drifted towards her, mingling briefly with her onyx locks like a yin yang; her eyelids slid shut of their own accord as she leaned in to help vanquish the distance.

Inu-Yasha could almost feel taste her as he closed his eyes slowly…

A strident sound pierced the air and the pair jumped back, eyes wide open. Glancing upwards, above the trees, there was a purple and gold firework exploding in the pitch sky. More were shot off before the sparkles of the first volley had died out, keeping the heavens constantly illuminated.

Turning their gazes from the display overhead, Inu-Yasha and Kagome looked at each other, both scarlet faced. The girl was still in the hanyou's embrace, although much looser than earlier. Diffidently, they separated. For a few seconds they stood there, unsure of what to do know whilst the shrieks of the pyrotechnics whizzed through the night air.

Inu-Yasha cleared his throat. "Um, we should, uh, get moving in case some more people catch up."

Kagome nodded her concurrence. "Y-yeah, that'd be good."

Together, the couple began walking, side by side in the silence they created for a while; until the hanyou-boy, very much abashed, caught hold of her hand in his, looking elsewhere from the girl. Shock rippled through him when he felt her slender fingers intertwine with his and give his hand a squeeze.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: FLUFF! Yay! Sorry for taking so long. My literature class was reading The Scarlet Letter and "The Crucible" (both of which, as arduous as they can be, I recommend reading) and that took up a bunch of my time. School always takes up a lot of my time. So, sorry about the wait. But hey, 15 pages of fluffy goodness! Man, I'm tired. I've been working on this chapter for two weeks trying to get it exactly how I want, and I am satisfied.

Inu-Yasha: Why didn't you let me pound Shippo?

He's a kid.

Inu-Yasha: Fine. Then why not the wimpy wolf?

…It was supposed to be more romantic this chapter and the last thing I needed was you and Kouga brawling.

Inu-Yasha: Why are you always on Kagome's side?

Why are you so damn curious?

Inu-Yasha: Keh.

In any case, please feel free to write me at: hanyou_miko_dreamer@hotmail.com . Also, please check out my other stories: "On a Leash", "The Mysterious Little Visitor", "Codename: HANYOU", "On Vacation"-which I will be working on next--, "My Immortal (And Other Song Fics)", and "Hugs and Kisses (And Other One Shots)". I'm also on Inuyasha.net now, besides MediaMiner.org, and FanFiction.net. Also, if you would like to suggest some Inu torture, let me know.

Jane,

~Moonlight Shadow

Japanese used:

Haori-cloak

Hakama-pants