InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shocking New Love ❯ Grieving ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deep within the confines of Sesshomaru's soul was a large mass of vengeful hatred for Naraku and his incarnations. He had taken Kagome from the world, her friends, and himself, and Naraku was going to pay with his life. He sniffed the air, looking for any trace of Naraku's scent. His eyes narrowed when he found it. He sped forward, his lust for revenge now stronger than ever.
Kirara bounded through the air swiftly, keeping pace with Inuyasha. Inuyasha was following Sesshomaru's scent rather than Naraku's. He knew that wherever Naraku went, Sesshomaru was bound to follow out of pure hatred.
“Inuyasha, how much farther?” asked Sango, holding her Hiraikotsu over her shoulder. Inuyasha didn't answer. I'll kill Naraku, Kagome. I promise, he thought.
Shippo's eyes became watery and he burst out crying. Sango and Miroku looked at the little fox demon sadly, pitying him.
“Kagome i-is gone f-forever!” sobbed Shippo. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed at Shippo's words. Miroku sighed.
“Oh Shippo… she's in a better place now. But I promise you, we will avenge her death,” he vowed. Sango nodded.
“Yes. We'll show Naraku no mercy,” she agreed. Inuyasha growled and stopped running, skidding to a complete halt. Sango, confused, stopped Kirara and brought her around to face Inuyasha, hovering in the air.
“What's wrong, Inuyasha?” asked Miroku. Inuyasha clenched his hands into fists.
“What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG? YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHAT'S WRONG! KAGOME IS DEAD! AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT HER IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT AFTER NARAKU MURDERED HER!” he yelled angrily, a hint of sadness in his voice. Shippo, Sango, and Miroku flinched at Inuyasha's dagger-like words.
“W-well actually, we were beside you, not in front of-“ started Shippo stupidly.
“YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT! Listen, you have NO idea how I'm feeling right now! Kagome meant more than anything to me, and now I'll never, EVER be able to hold her again! She's dead, and she's NEVER coming back!” shouted Inuyasha distraughtly. Sango frowned and looked at the ground. Then Miroku gasped, realizing something. Shippo looked up at the monk, teary eyed.
“What is it, Miroku?” he asked. Miroku smiled.
“She's not gone forever,” he said simply. Inuyasha's eyes widened and his fists unclenched a bit.
“What do you mean?” he asked.
“You know that sword that Sesshomaru inherited from your father? The Tenseiga, right?” mentioned Miroku. Inuyasha nodded, still not understanding what Miroku was getting at. Miroku smirked.
“Well, do you remember the power that the Tenseiga has?” Inuyasha finally understood. He smiled a bit.
“Yes, I do,” he said.
“If Sesshomaru finds Kagome before we do, he'll most definitely use the Tenseiga's power of healing to revive her!” understood Sango. Miroku nodded. Inuyasha ran off into the direction of Sesshomaru's scent, determined to follow him to Kagome. Sango smiled, a determined expression on her face and she patted Kirara's side. “Lets go, Kirara!” Kirara roared and sped through the air, following close behind Inuyasha.