InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Short and Sweet ❯ Short and Sweet ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Short and Sweet

………………

"OW! OW! OW!!!"

"Good heavens, Inuyasha, can't you keep still for a second?"

Inuyasha sat with his arms crossed and a pout on his face, as Kagome dressed his wounds. She had just finished tending to a large gash going down his back side, and she reached out to see the various wounds on his arm.

Inuyasha pulled his arm away from her reach. "I told you, Kagome!" he snapped, "I don't need your stupid medical aid. I'm just fine."

"Stop being so immature, Inuyasha." Kagome said, firmly, "Isn't that what got you into this mess?"

"You say I was the immature one?!" Inuyasha asked, with shock and anger, "Sesshomaru was immature. He tried to steal the Tetsusaiga!" Kagome reached out for Inuyasha's arm once more, and once more he pulled away.

"Please, Inuyasha?" Kagome begged, "I just don't want your wounds to get worse… I care about you."

Inuyasha sighed, and hesitantly gave her his arm to inspect. She examined all of the deep gashes where Sesshomaru's nails had dug into Inuyasha's flesh. 'How does he take a beating like that?' Kagome wondered, 'Sometimes I don't give Inuyasha enough credit.'

"What are you staring at, brat?" Inuyasha snapped.

"I'm not a BRAT!" Kagome snapped right back.

"Aren't you going 'treat' my wounds?" Inuyasha asked, with annoyance, "Instead of just staring at them like that?"

"Forgive me for thinking that you were strong!" Kagome yelled, sarcastically. Inuyasha could really be immature sometimes. He was such a jerk… so why couldn't Kagome stop liking him like she did?

"Y-You were thinking that?" Inuyasha asked, his whole tone had changed. Now he was speaking to her with a much gentler voice.

"Sure." Kagome said, shyly, "I mean, you are."

"I know I am." Inuyasha said, triumphantly, "I'm just glad that you finally realized it."

"I've always known you were strong!" Kagome said, shocked.

Kagome's hand still rest on Inuyasha's wounded arm, and she involuntarily began to glide her fingertips up and down his flesh gently. Inuyasha didn't say anything, nor did Kagome. It was moments like this that Kagome loved.

"When are Miroku, Sango and Shippo going to be back?" Kagome asked.

"Probably soon." Inuyasha said, gently, "They went to get some herbs and stuff. I was poisoned pretty bad."

Kagome had a tiny feeling that Inuyasha was showing off. He must've liked the fact that Kagome thought he was strong. "Oh, really?" Kagome asked, sounding the part. She would play along for now. It was almost cute, how Inuyasha wanted her attention so badly.

"Yeah, but that's no big deal to me. I'm used to those sort of things." Inuyasha gloated, "You know I even---"

He was interrupted when Kagome leaped on top of him, and placed a small but sweet kiss on his lips. She had done it once before, so she had more courage this time. She couldn't help herself. It was a tiny peck but it had a huge effect.

She must have taken Inuyasha by surprise because he fell onto his back, Kagome falling with them. She looked up at the half demon. His cheeks were tinged a bright pink, and his face mirrored his shock.

Kagome knew she was blushing too, but only a smile could be seen on her face as she looked down on Inuyasha, who she was at the moment laying on top of.

"Kagome…" Inuyasha said, after a couple seconds.

"Uh… yes?"

"My wounds."

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kagome cried, immediately rolling off him, "Are you hurt?"

"No, you were just reopening them is all." Inuyasha said, sitting back up. He was still blushing, and avoiding Kagome's eyes. Was kissing her so bad that he couldn't even look at her.

"I'm sorry." Kagome said, hugging her knees to her chest, and looking away from Inuyasha.

"F-For what?" Inuyasha asked, dumbly.

"For kissing you." She said, "I did it that time we were up against Kaguya, too."

"…and you saved us all, Kagome." Inuyasha pointed out.

"but that's not why I did it." Kagome snapped, "I like you Inuyasha… I-I love you!"

All that could be heard was a small gasp, from Inuyasha. Kagome didn't dare turn to face him. "I understand that you love Kikyou…" Kagome continued, sadly, "but I don't care. I can't help how I feel for you. I'll always want to be with you, no matter what. Even if it means you'll end up with Kikyou in the end."

"Kagome." Inuyasha said, sadly, "I… love you too, but I can't just forget about everything. I can't forget about the jewel, I can't forget about Naraku, and I can't just forget about Kikyou."

"I know…" Kagome said, bursting out in tears, "I understand."

"Hey, stop crying." Inuyasha said, moving closer to her, "Please stop crying."

"I'm not!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha placed a hand on Kagome's shoulder. He was about to argue that she was blatantly crying, and that denying it was just stupid, but he figured that wouldn't help the situation.

Kagome didn't stop crying though. He waited for a couple of minutes, and she was still weeping. Inuyasha took a deep breath, then forced Kagome to turn and face him.

Crystal tear drops strolled down her face, as she looked up at him, confused.

"…I won't end up with Kikyou in the end though." Inuyasha decided, "Because… I can't just forget about you either."

Kagome wiped at the tears on her face, and she couldn't help but smile.

"Kikyou's dead." Inuyasha continued, with a sigh, "But her spirit still remains. It will be hard for me to forget her, but I still want to be with you."

Kagome moved closer to Inuyasha and he embraced her fully. "It's up to you, Kagome." Inuyasha said, "Are you willing to put up with me? Are you willing to help me get over what happened with Kikyou?"

"Haven't I always been?" Kagome asked, with a laugh.

"S-So, we're together now?" Inuyasha asked. Kagome blushed, then nodded.

"I guess we are." she said, shyly.

Inuyasha leaned down, and Kagome realized he was trying to kiss her. She shut her eyes and leaned into the kiss. This time they didn't move away quickly. Inuyasha tightened his arms around Kagome, and his hands explored her dark tresses.

Kagome also ran her hands through Inuyasha's long silvery hair. Soon, Inuyasha's tongue was demanding entrance. Kagome hesitantly opened her mouth, and Inuyasha's tongue slipped in. His tongue was soon met by hers, and the kiss turned passionate and heavy.

"Mmmm…" Kagome let out a soft moan.

"Meow." Inuyasha said. Kagome pulled away, confused.

"Inuyasha, why did you just meow?" Kagome asked, "You sounded like a cat."

"How could I meow, when I was kissing you?" Inuyasha asked, a dumbfounded Kagome. They both turned to see Kirara looking up at them. She was in her small kitty form, and she had various herbs in her mouth.

"Kirara?" Kagome asked, "Then… that means…"

Inuyasha and Kagome both looked to the door to see their friends; Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kaede staring at them in shock.

"Uh… hi, guys." Kagome said, embarrassed. 'Had they been watching that whole time?'

Miroku was the first to speak, unfortunately.

"We can't leave you two lovebirds alone for fifteen minutes…" he said with a sigh, and shaking his head sadly.

Kagome contemplated walking over to Miroku and hitting him over the head. Sango did it for her.

"We're sorry we interrupted." Sango said, "Right guys?"

"Kagome, why were you kissing Inuyasha like that?" Shippo blurted out.

"Uh, I've kissed Inuyasha before, Shippo." Kagome explained, "Remember when Kaguya trapped him in her mirror, and he transformed?"

"Yeah, but why were your mouths opened this time?" Shippo asked, confused.

Kagome's whole face turned red.

"Would you mind your own business!?" Inuyasha shouted. He was red, too.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome by her hand, and got up. "Come on, Kagome." Inuyasha growled, "We don't need to hang around these spies!"

"But what about ye wounds?" Kaede objected.

"I wasn't poisoned that badly." Inuyasha said, dragging Kagome out of the hut, "It's already wearing off."

Sango, Kaede and Miroku watched Kagome and Inuyasha disappear into Inuyasha forest.

"Did I say something wrong?" Shippo asked.

::::: A/N :::::

Here is just a quick one shot I wrote up. I usually only do Sess/Kag pairings, so I decided to give you Inu/kag fans a break. The truth is I wrote this up with no intention on posting it on Media Miner, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to post this up. Please review. This is my first PG-13!!!

<3 Sesshomaru_Sweetie