InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Connection ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]













< br>













< br>













< br>













< br>













< br>










Title: Silence

Author: Kerichi


Genre: Romance/Angst


Summary Is it really possible to love if you're not truly alive? What is love, in the end? Juuroumaru finds the answers to his questions in one confusing human girl. Juu/Kag

A/N: No Juu-kun here, but we do get to see into Inuyasha's head…. Okay, that's no real bonus in this case… but you all had so much J-maru last time!

Disclaimer: If I don't got you~u, baby, you~u baby- Oy, it's Alicia Keys…. Hn… I don't got nothin'!

Chapter 4- Connection

I find the humans hours later in the same meadow Kagome was kidnapped in. Shippou is crying in Sango's arms as Kirara lies panting on the ground, her once shiny fur matted with sweat.

"Did you find her?" Miroku asks me.


"What does it look like!?" I bark at him. Turning to the whiny fox, I yell, "Shut up!"

"Inuyasha, don't take your frustrations out on Shippou." Sango reprimands. "We need to find Kagome."

"Oh, don't take my anger out on him because that-" they twitch at the obscene words "-got herself kidnapped, AGAIN?!" I turn around and punch a tree. "She's always getting kidnapped, and I always have to save her stupid ass. And for what?! For her to get-" I use a rude adjective again "-stolen again!"

"Inuyasha, you know Kagome-sama is a valuable member of our group." Miroku reminds me in that infuriating way.

Yes, I know.

She has saved my ass before, I admit. And she can see the shards, yep. She's useful.

In theory.

She's also softhearted to a fault, a ditz, runs at the sight of danger, and trouble seems to follow her around. Not to mention, she can make me eat dirt anytime she damn well pleases! Do you realize how mortifying that is?? And of course, the constant wild goose chases are - ARGH! I slam my fist into the tree again and again, until my paw splits through the other side.

"Kuso..."

Miroku has that lecturing look, and I know I will be facing hours of sermons on "Kagome-sama's" wonderful traits.

Kikyou was never this much trouble...

I'm at an onsen.

Okay, I'm dreaming.

I am definitely dreaming.

The white dragon puts me down on the wooden bridge, loosing his coils so I can stand.


"Thank you!" I say to his confused look. His jaw drops. "Shall we go in? Or are we just going to stay out here?"

The dragon flops over, it's bright green eyes wide.

"Haku, knock her out." A voice croaks from behind me.

I hear the thump of his tail hitting the back of my neck, and everything goes black...

"Get up you stupid girl!" The irate hanyou shouts, shaking me.

"Inuyasha? Oh, I had such a weird dream..." I tell him, rubbing my eyes. "I had been captured by this white dragon..." I giggle. "And he took me to an onsen!"

"Foolish child. That was not a dream."

Inuyasha's handsome face changes into an old woman's with a big nose, laughing at me!

Opening my eyes fully, I stare at the wrinkled woman with the protruding nose in horror. This wasn't even a nightmare- it was reality! My eye twitches. I'm in a sitting position, looking up at her, my chin pressed between two sharp nails.


The old woman smirks, her painted eyes crinkling. I try to cover my embarrassed face, but my arms are tied behind my back. A thousand needles seem to shoot through the limbs I had moved. My eyes water as I watch the old lady bustle around the room, picking up several expensive objects and putting them in another room.

"I wouldn't move if I were you, dearie." She fake-cautioned.

Without moving my head, I look at the cage directly across from me. Something seems to be chained up inside it.

'Is she going to feed me to it!?' I thought wildly.

The old woman returns to stand in front of me, a knife in hand. I squeeze my lids shut.

'Here it comes!'

My shirt is ripped open, exposing my bra. "What the-?" I shriek, accidentally jerking my arms. I groan, lowering my head as the pointed sensations rushes through.

"Keh." The old woman snorts and rolls bulging brown eyes. "I'm going to mark your chest, girl. Oy."

Drawing the kanji for Tsunageru (to connect) on my collarbone, the witch smirks. "This is going to hurt even more, human." She promises. "But it's necessary to keep useless over there alive."

Stabbing me sharply in the side, the woman continues until the ground around me is covered in a thin sheet of blood.

My consciousness becomes fuzzy as the loss of blood sets in and the last word I hear are,

"…Bind them now, use her soul.

Sustain the beast, keep him in motion.

Use her spirit, use her blood.

I command thee, oh, flowing red, join thy rivers together…"

I squint my eyes against the sunshine streaming through the cracks in the stone dungeon.


'Where am I? What happened?'

Something growls. I turn my head slowly, but there's no pain. I feel fine, like last night never happened.

'Was it all a dream? Um... best not make that mistake again.'

Catching sight of familiar deep blue eyes, my own widen.

Is that.... Juuroumaru?

A/n: Clifford, the big red dog has come to town!


Oh, wait…. That's just a cliffhanger. My bad.

Review, peoples! Pwease? For poor old Juuroumaru's sake? Wait, he's not old, he's like, two days old!