InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Tears falling down again ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tears Falling Down Again





You fall to your knees
you beg you plead
Can I be somebody else,
for all the times I hate myself
~Skillet: Imperfection





The cruel numbness was back. It blanketed her, clouded her mind, and left her colder then ever. She was still by the river in her knees looking in the water but not really seeing. Self loathing invaded her senses and she cried. Sobs rocked her body and she beat at the ground. She beat at the earth until her hands was cut and bleeding. "Why?" She cried out, rage filled. "No one should throw their life away!" Kagome hit the ground again. "Sai, please, don't throw it all away like this." She whispered. She rolled to her side and curled up, wrapping her tail around herself.

That was how Sango found her. "Kagome..." Sango reached to her friend. She looked back to where the camp was. "InuYasha!" Sango screamed. The inu hanyou came bounding through the woods, sword drawn. "Sango, what is it?" He asked. His eyes fell to the girl on the ground. "Kagome?" He walked over, kneeled, and placed a hand on her shoulder. Kagome flinched slightly at the touch. InuYasha rolled the Kagome into his arms and stood. He looked at Sango. "Did you see what happened?" The slayer shook her head. They went back to camp.

"Monk, make a fire." InuYasha stated gruffly. Sango pulled out Kagome's sleeping bag and InuYasha set her on it. Shippou curled up next to her and listened to the others talk. He glanced up at Kagome's face. She looks like she's sleeping, except her eyes are open.' He snuggled further into his mother's arms. "I'm going back by the river, there has to be some clues." InuYasha claimed leavng the circle of light the fire provided. The darkness was just starting to creep from in between the trees like some kind of animal. Miroku cast InuYasha a suspicious glance before he was out of sight, not truely believing that it was the only reason he left.




InuYasha came to the river. He did want to find out what had happened with Kagome, but seeing Kikyo earlier then normal wasn't really a downside. Nothing truely happened in their night time rendezvous. Most of the time they sat in the quiet, enjoying eachothers company. Passionate kisses were as far as Kikyo let it escalate. He sniffed and his hackles rose. That fox. He snarled. He clenched his fist hard enough to draw blood. A voice called his attention to the other side of the river.

"InuYasha, what is causing you distress?" Kikyou asked, giving him calm eyes. "Nothing." He looked away a moment. "Will you come and sit with me?" She sat on the grass. InuYasha lept easily across the river and sat next to her. "I see that Kagome is back by your side." She prompted him. "Yes, she is." She waited for him to continue but he didn't. "Why has she returned to you? I recall her saying that you had yours." InuYasha nodded. "Her...suitor was working for Naraku. She came back here because she has no where else."

"I do regret my actions the last time." She said calmly looking into the water. "It is not usually like me to be so angry with some one who has not really wronged me. So forgive me if this sounds rude, but doesn't she haver her home on the other side of the well?" InuYasha nodded again. "Yes, but there are no demons in her time. She couldn't possibly live there, with so many humans and no demons, none of her people." Kikyo placed a hand on his shoulder. "InuYasha, humans are her people." He shook his head quickly. "They stopped being her people when she chose to become a demon."

"InuYasha when you were here just before I arrived what were you doing?" She asked. "Some thing happened to Kagome. I was trying to find out what it was." She nodded. "Will you let me see her?" InuYasha turned sharply. "No." He said firmly. "InuYasha I told you that I was sorry about hurting her..."She trailed off. "I told you that I wouldn't let you near my group until I was absolutely positive of you intentions." She went to speak but a finger was placed against her lips. "We both know that if you did try to hurt them that I could never strike you down, I couldn't and wouldn't, but if I was the cause of my friend's death because of carelessness then I couldn't live with myself."

Kikyo nodded in understanding. Truely she couldn't blame him. His logic was sound. They enjoyed the silence together for a bit longer before InuYasha stood. He gave Kikyo a hand up. She brushed off her clothes. "I will see you tomorrow?" He asked. She hesitated and shrugged. "I'm not sure that I will catch up, there is a village a little distance away that is wrought with illness. He nodded and watched Kikyo disappear. He looked up at the moon. I guess it got really late, how long have I been out here? He shrugged and went back to camp.




Kagome was awake when InuYasha returned. He looked down at her. "Kagome, you should be asleep." He sat next to her. She shook her head and stared into the embers of the dead fire. "What happened?" Her eyes shot up to him then back to the embers. "Sai came to see me. He said that Naraku was looking for him and was going to kill him. He wanted to say goodbye, but I think that if I would have forgiven him he would have stayed." "Kagome he doesn't deserve your forgiveness." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Maybe he does, InuYasha." She rolled on to her other side, giving him her back. Afterall who was he to judge on who got her forgiveness.

InuYasha sighed and slumped against one of the trees. He could feel the regret rolling off Kagome. He almost wished he could take back that he told her,even if he meant it as a lie at first. InuYasha watched as she faded into sleep. He gave one last good look around the camp and the sleeping forms inside its boundries before letting himself drift off into a mild sleep.

InuYasha rose with the sun, he always did. He was always the first up. That's why he was surprised to see Kagome up and moving. She stirred the fire, bringing the coals to the surface, to start it for breakfast. Her sleeping bag was rolled up and packed away. Shippou had been moved to be by Kirara. Her hair was glistening with water showing that she had taken another visit to the river for a bath. "Morning InuYasha." She said without turning around. "Morning." He stood and stretched. He noted that she looked a lot better today, that the dark rings under her eyes were almost gone, and she seemed almost happy. Almost being the key word.

Breakfast was almost done when Sango and Miroku woke. They too were surpised to see Kagome up and about. She was usually one of the last ones to wake. "Sango will you wake Shippou up, it's almost ready." "Sure Kagome." She nodded. After a few minutes of prodding the little fox was awake. He stumbled around until he came to Kagome's side. She handed him a bowl of rice and a piece of fruit. Shippou said his thanks and started eating. She handed a bowl to InuYasha. "I don't like plain rice." He stuck his nose up. "Then give it to Shippou."

He gave a look to the little kit, whose bowl was empty, and snorted. "I don't think so. If he eats anymore he'll end up fat." He scofed and started eating. Sango and Miroku greatfully to theirs and started eating. Kagome emptied the rest into her bowl and ate. Sango volenteered to wash dishes and left with Miroku. Shippou went to get water to pour on the fire. That left Kagome alone with InuYasha. "How are you feeling?" He asked, not looking at her. "Fine." She didn't look at him either. They fell into an akward silence.

Wind suddenly roared around them and Kagura landed. InuYasha jumped up. "Kagura." He spat. "Hello, InuYasha." She smirked flicking her fan. "Kagome, I'm here to tell you that Naraku has found your little fox." "What to you mean?" Kagura smiled. "I mean that even now that fox is resisting Naraku's attempts to capture him. He has no designs on killing Sai. Keep in mind that there are things far worse than death. They are off that way." The wind sorceress pointed east. "Better hurry." She snapped her fan closed. "Why are you helping us?" InuYasha snarled. "Information is the least life threatening way to pay back a debt." She flew away on her feather. "Debt?" He looked at Kagome. She didn't answer.




The group was quickly moving east. Kagome lead the pack with long and quick strides. InuYasha was close behind. The trees and plants gave way to her steps like they were water. She rolled over the landscape like an angry wave of power. Ice had formed finely on her clothes. The sounds of a battle drawing to an end echoed in the sky. Kagome's feet doubled their pace to the site. She stopped at what she guessed to be the end of the battle field. Broken trees and scorch marks formed an almost perfect circle in the decrepid woods.

Sai flew past her and smacked into a felled tree. He flopped bonelessly to the ground. Naraku was approaching slowly, in an almost cautious manor. Kagome stood in front of Sai, placing herself between him and Naraku. "Ah, my pet." He mocked. "And the rest of the tatchi too." Kagome took a step toward him. "Miroku will you pull Sai to safety?" She could see his nod out of the corner of her eye, she didn't dare take them off the threat.

Naraku cackled. "Safety? There is no where safe, pet, unless you are willing to make a deal?" He put a lilt on his voice making it a question. "What kind of deal?" Naraku smiled at her. "As you know I would very much like to have you come back with me." "Not going to happen." She spat. Naraku nodded. "I figured as much, how about a trade then, a life for a life. InuYasha's death for your Sai's safety. I will let you and yours leave here peacefully and our fight would continue at a later time." "Sorry, no deal." He nodded and smiled again. "I expected as much, pet."

Tentacles wove between the remaining trees, outlining the battle ground. A mass of demons fell from the sky. It was then she realized just how far over her head she had gotten. She hadn't trained in anything. Even though the fact was clear in her mind she dove into the horde of demons, biting, scratching, and freezing enemies. InuYasha was next to her, slashing at any that came his way. Kagome fell back as he swung the Tetsusaiga. "Wind scar." The demons were obliterated. The two raced in together to their opponent.

Naraku stayed out of reach of Kagome easily. "Now pet, do you really think you can kill me with no training?" He mocked her everytime she lashed out at him. "Don't call me 'pet'." She hissed, catching claws into his shirt and ripping it to tatters. He laughed, full throated, a sound that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. She swung again. He caught her wrist. The other fist came around. He leaned to the side and caught that one as well. Kagome looked around frantically for help. "No one is able to save you now." He laughed and pulled her to him. She was spung around, struggling, in his arms to face the group.

His assault on the small group stopped causing them to look at their enemy. "I will see you at another time, InuYasha." He smircked. InuYasha charged in. "Kagome!" Naraku disappeared in a whirl of miasma before InuYasha could reach them. Naraku's voice fell around them like a heavy blanket. "I wonder if you can find me before I break her InuYasha. After all, I never fall for the same trick twice. Find her if you can." His echoing laughter faded away.




Kagome woke on a large bed covered in red silk sheets. A weight on the foot bed drew her eyes. Naraku sat, looking at her. She cringed away from him. "So good to see you awake, pet." He climbed up higher. She rolled away in a motion that was to quick to follow. She was on the floor looking up at Naraku's face as he peaked over the bed. "Now now, don't you like your bed, I got it just for you." She paled. He's going to rape me! He mind screamed in horror.He laughed, knowing where her train of thought was. "Rape isn't to my taste, pet. I am a villian, true, but like I said it isn't to my taste. Although for you I just might make an exception." He licked his lips in a quick motion.

She crawled backwards until her body hit the wall. He slid off the bed and stalked over to her. When he was eye level he spoke. "Then again we both know that there are things that are worse, ne?" She remembered, remembered every bit of her last stay here. Nothing could make her forget all the cuts, bruses, burns, and broken bones. As he touched her cheek it all came back like a high sensory movie. She'd worked on pushing the thought, memories, to the back of her mind. To make them less real. But the despair and hurt came rushing back like it happened yesterday.

Kagome shook under his touch and a tear rolled down her cheek. Naraku brushed it away. "I'm glad that we are back to an understanding." He stood and left her on the floor. "Get some sleep, you will need it." He strode out of the room to leave her sobbing on the floor.




I actually felt bad about putting her back into Naraku's clutches but it just worked. Please review and thanks to the one's who have. ^-^