InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Malice ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Malice

: desire to cause pain, injury, or distress to another.








Kagome smiled wickedly. She could smell Naraku. He wanted her to come. He was such a fool. Her fist clenched tightly and glee flew across her face. She was going to enjoy killing the vile thing. Enjoy every moment while she eviscerated him, taking in his howls of pain. She laughed. He was so close now. She crossed through the barrier that allowed her entrance. His palace came into view. Thick miasma clung like fog in its heavy walls, but Naraku wasn't in there. No. He was waiting for her in the clearing just off in the east. The smile came back. He would have been safer in his castle with its fortified walls and many hiding places. Yes. She would make him run and hide.

Kagome walked slowly to the clearing, enjoying the images that ran through her mind. She came upon him. He stood staring at her, dark hair framing his face, and crimson eyes watching her. He smirked. "The first one here, my pet? Where is that other fox, the one you are so fond of?" He asked. She smiled, a baring of fangs. What fun. What fun. Her grin spread wider. Naraku eyed her. Something was off. He could sense it. Smell it on her. Then he watched in apparent awe as fur flowed over her body. Bones shifted and she stood on crooked legs. She looked down her muzzle, still smiling. She ran forward flames igniting on her hands.

Naraku was at a loss for words. This was only the second time he'd seen something like this, and the first time was only through Kanna's mirror. It was truely something to behold. It was something he could use. She was an invaluable weapon. Now all he had to do was test its blade. Kagome swiped at him, catching her claws in his silk shirt. Naraku leaped into the sky and erected his barrier. The fox jumped up and rammed her fist into the luminescent bubble. It cracked under the weight of her assault. "My pet, I didn't kill your children." He said innocently. Her fists hesitated and she looked at him. "No it was that hanyou, InuYasha." Kagome hissed at him.

He knew she was no fool. "Really my pet. Kikyo summoned the demons with promises of jewel shards if they could but kill you." He whispered. Kagome renewed her assault though not quite as relentless as before. He smile. If she had been in the right state of mind she would not have allowed that particular seed of doubt to be planted, but her mind sickness was working in his favor. "She and InuYasha even rewarded the few that escaped on a job well done. Her attack stopped as she listened. She dropped back to the ground. He followed. He had her. He continued telling lies and whispering sweet words. His barrier fell. Kagome approached slowly.

He raised his hand and ran it along her head like you would a dog, but this particular dog chose that moment to attack. She sunk her claws into his stomach, tearing it open. Her jaws closed around his throat and ripped it away. A look of confusion swept over his face then a low gurgling sound. He shoved her away and clutched at his thoat. A whirl of miasma surrounded him and he was gone. Kagome growled, fur receading. InuYasha burst into the clearing; the others were right behind him. "Kagome?" She looked at him and laughed. Naraku's blood was smeared around her mouth. She wiped it away.

Kagome started to walk away, still laughing. It was fun, she had decided, to tear into him like that. Her laughter became louder and she hunched over. InuYasha stood next to her. He went to place a hand on her shoulder. She swung out hard. Her claws ripped at the flesh on his arm and blood quickly coated her hand. She went silent, staring at it, for a moment. Then another gale of laughter burst over her. She sniffed at her hand before licking it clean. The joys of blood. It tasted good. It smelled good. It felt good, and it even looked good. She roared into another bout of laughter. Her face went serious all of a sudden. She looked to the sky. A flurry of silver hung in the air. A young girl landed, silver wings and hair fluttering about her. Rin looked at Kagome.

"Kagome chan?" Rin brushed at her kimono. Kagome growled. "Go no closer, Rin." Sesshoumaru landed beside her. "What is wrong with Kagome chan Lord Sesshoumaru?" She asked with all her child like innocence. "She is sick in the head Rin." He stated looking over the silver fox. "Can she be cured?" Sesshoumaru shrugged and turned away. "Come, this is not a place to be." He beckoned and flew into the sky again. Rin stayed and looked at Kagome. The young phoenix walked toward her. It didn't even enter her mind that this was the first time she had disobeyed her lord. Kagome hissed and readied herself to strike. "Kagome, no!" InuYasha hollared stepping between them.

Her claws caught him in the chest. He fell back. "Listen you little brat, you need to leave." She opened her mouth to refuse but he cut her short. "You want to die kid? No? Then leave, I'll take care of Kagome." Rin nodded and followed after her lord. InuYasha faced Kagome again and pulled out tetsusaiga. "Don't make me hurt you." He growled. Kagome lunged and swung again. He blocked with tetsusaiga and flung her away. She landed on her feet and went at him again. Inuyasha swung, cutting Kagome across the stomach. She stared down at her stomach with some thing akin to wonder. Hiraikotsu dipped into view and took Kagome in the side. She was sent sliding across the ground. "InuYasha!" Miroku called starting to take off the rosary around his hand. "Miroku wait! That's Kagome!"

Miroku halted and quickly wrapped the bead again and pulled out sutras. "InuYasha I have only a few binding sutras!" He called. InuYasha swung at Kagome again. "Use 'em monk!" Sango let hiraikotsu fly again. Kagome saw it coming and kicked it. InuYasha landed a heavy punch to her jaw. She stumbled back but managed to keep her footing. Kagome swung and hit im in the throat. He gagged and fell back. Kagome fled.




Kagome was running again. She may have been insane but she wasn't stupid. Being bound was not on her list of things to do. Not now, not ever. She leapped over a bush. The mountains should be close by now. The snowy peaks were just barely visable through the thick canopy. She went onward her pace not slowing in the slightest. A spear took her in the shoulder. She hissed as she pulled on the thick wooden shaft.

Her attackers voice rang out around her. "What is a fox doing in a tiger's territory?" She started to run again but a splay of arrows stopped her. She looked around slowly. "We didn't give you permission to leave yet, did we brother?" The new voice was high and feminine. "No we did not sister dear." Another spear came at her. She jumped out of the way but an arrow took her in the leg. Kagome left the arrow and started moving again, this time in the high trees. Spears and arrows cut through the leaves and were made easy to dodge. She could hear their hisses of growing frustration.

A flash of orange passed in front of her. She persued it, losing it only for a short moment. A spear rocketed at her from above. She dodged it and several arrows raced at her, pinning her to a tree. One held the collar of her shirt, another was in her shoulder, the rest held her legs in place. Blood ran down her leg and dripped off her toes. Kagome reached over with her free arm and tried to pull the arrow out of her shoulder away. It wouldn't budge. "That wont work, fox. Those arrows are crafted from a special crystal found only in the far west on the mainland. They won't be pulled out by any other than its owner. It cannot be broken."

The two tigers appeared before her. From the look and style of their clothing they were from the mainland. The male was large with large broad shoulders. His long white hair was pulled into a tight braid. A spear was clasped tightly in his hand and a few others were strapped tightly to his back. His orange-gold eyes looked her over. The female took a step foreward. Her orange hair was loose and flowing. Black bands ran though the thick mass of hair. A bow made out of the same crystaline material hung on a strap at her side. A quiver was no where to be seen. "You looked more impressive on the run. Shall we kill her now, brother?" She looked at him pleadingly.

He laughed at her. "Sure, sure. Do you want to do the honors?" He handed her a knife. The female jumped up landing on a branch that was close to her pinned form. "Such a shame that you have to die, you are very beautiful." She said running the dagger lightly along her face. "We just can't have some one like you running about Japan, who knows what havoc you might bring." The glinting silver lowered to her throat. The male grinned, licking his lips. The edge bit into her neck. "I promise not to let it hurt...much." The tiger cut a small wound that healed instantly. "Oh my, you do heal fast. Big brother, come try." The male jumped up on an opposite branch.

The blade was passed. The metal dug into the soft flesh of her belly. It bled only a little then healed. "I must agree little sister, the rate at which her body repairs itself is amazing." He cut her again. Kagome hissed and swung with her free arm. Her fist collided with his arm. The bone snapped. He dropped the knife. "Let's take this one back home with us sister." He stared at his arm. "We haven't had a guest in that special room in a long time." The female's eyebrows rose high. "Yes, you are right, it has been awhile." She smiled. The male balled his fist and pulled back. Her head snapped back with the force of his hit and she was smotherd in darkness.

~*~*~*~*~
^&^&^
~*~*~*~*~

Kago me came to slowly. Her head and neck were pulsating with pain. Her wrists, arms, and legs were stiff. "I'm glad to see you up, I had first thought brother killed you." She smiled sashaying up to her. She ran her hand from Kagome's hip, up her side and arm, and to her wrist. "These chains are made from a mix of rare and strong metals." She wiggled them a little. "No one, human, demon, or other has broken them yet. Our great great grandfather used them when torturing enimies during the wars of our lands." The male walked in. "For him torturing was an art." The male continued the story. "He'd could keep them alive for years. I only had the honor to assist him for a few years before he was killed in a raid."

"You my dear fox will come to know me as Anubis named after one of the gods of land we came to rule." He said unrolling a leather bag. "And I am Bast named after the goddess of cats." Kagome coughed. "Anubis was a jackle." He smiled again. "Very true, but I was named after him because of my affinity for death. I can hold a soul in this." He held up a vial with foreign markings. "Then I can leave the body to rot and put the soul back in at a whim. My tribe called me a necromancer but that isn't quite it. I cannot call the undead back to our plain, but I can control the ones that are here."

The muscles in her arms siezed up and she cried out. "Poor thing," Bast purred, running a hand over her arms. "We'll get you fixed up in a moment. This wonderful little toy of mine is on a pivot. All I have to do is pull this switch and the bars holding your chains can be positioned in any way I like. It is especially useful for some of my more favorite tortures." She said, grazing fangs along Kagome's neck. She jerked away and Bast laughed. "I do not think she likes my attentions dear brother, maybe she will prefer yours instead." His shoulders shook with his supressed laughter. "For now she does."

They both smiled.

Bast lit torches that were in each corner of the room and one in the center. He pulled out a thin blade. "This is one of my favorites. I usually use it last because after someone is skinned they usually go into shock and die, but I have faith that you won't." He walked around behind her. With a swift and strong pull he ripped her clothes away exposing the smooth expanse of her skin. With practiced ease he peeled a thin strip of flesh from her back. She screamed in pain and tried to move away from him. The wound quickly healed itself. "I am going to have a lot of fun with you my dear." He peeled away another strip. Anubis worked past the night and into the late morning. Kagome's screams just seemed to hang in the air, a new scream forced from her mouth before the last had ended. "I do believe it is time for a break, what say you?" He wiped the blood off his hands. "See you tonight."

Kagome quivered in the chains. Bast strolled into the room, gliding on the balls of her feet. She ran a hand over her back. "My my, you still are healing fast I see. Kagome pulled away from her touch like it was fire. Bast wrapped her arms around Kagome's smaller form in an intimate embrace. Kagome cringed and pulled away. Bast released her. "Are you that much a hater of women to prefer my brothers torment to nights as my toy?" Kagome just gritted her teeth and remained quiet. "Fine!" She hissed and struck out leaving a trail of claw marks on her face. "I would have killed you admist pleasure, but you would rather have pain." Bast left then, leaving Kagome to endure the torment of the quiet. Her mind wandered.

~*~*~*~*~
^&^&^
~*~*~*~*~

Anub is drank fresh water from a leather canteen. He enjoyed his work. Enjoyed the way that theycreamed and writhed under his skilled hands. He knew Bast didn't have the taste for it that he did. Her tastes ran to less artistic things, though she would argue that. She walked into the room. "How goes it Bast?" She snorted and turned her nose up. "She still prefers your touch to mine." He laughed and took another drink. "Sister they call it rape for a reason." She snorted again. "Brother I told you that what I do isn't rape." He held his chin in thought. "Technically I suppose that you are right. I have to get back to work now." Bast gave him a short wave as he left.

He stood outside the door thinking about the demoness that was just passed its woodden frame. For the first time in centuries he was questioning himself. Wondering if what he was doing was not...right...no, worth it. Yeah, worth it. Was it worth it. He had this feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach. There was something about this one that had the world tilted on its axis. Something bad was going to happen if he didn't stop what he was doing. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly before entering the room. Kagome shook in the chains. "What do they call you?" He asked, looking over his tools. Kagome was silent for a moment then answered in a soft shaking breath. "Kagome." His hand, that was caressing a vicious looking instument, paused in its motion.

"Kagome, just one name?" Anubis turned to face her. "I have been called a lot of names." The chains rattled with her shivering. "I was called miko, whore, and a man once called me the miko of the shikon." She tried to laugh but her voice cracked. "There were many more names, but they escape me..." She sighed and looked at him. Sadness clouded her eyes.

"Will you kill me now?" She asked. "Why should I?" Kagome didn't answer, just bowed her head and waited. "I have never been one to give a quick death. I draw it out, not make them shorter." He left then, back to talk to his sister.

"Bast, we should let this one go." He said, rubbing his hands together. Bast seemed to float across the floor to him. "Brother? What has gotten you worked up?" She placed her dainty little hand on his shoulder. "This one is not good. Something bad will happen if she stays. We must release this one." She hissed and dug her claws into the meat of his shoulder. "When did you go so soft of me brother? Where is the sibling that tortured and killed our clan for attempting to kill us. I let you alone for a few years to cope with their deaths and you go soft. I will kill this one myself." His hand wrapped around her wrist.

"Sister, listen to reason. There is some thing wrong." She shook him off. "When I am done with her I'll finish you off as well. Our tribe is of killers, we let no one go, let no one live. That is our way. If you refuse to live to that than you bear no right to hold the name. I will execute you for the sake of honor, brother."

Bast strolled calmly into the room where Kagome was being held. She looked over the gleaming instruments and slammed her fists down. "One pretty face and he goes all teary eyed. What did you do?" Bast screamed squeezing Kagome's throat. Kagome gagged and struggled. "I'll make your death as slow as I can!" She drove a long steel rod into Kagome's gut. "Heal that!"' She growled and picked up a sword that was laying on the opposite side of the room. "Now for bother dearest." She left.

Kagome listend intently for any sounds. No voices were raised, just quiet muttering. Then a loud clang and a scuffle. She could hear feet sliding against the floor in an attempt to gain leverage. There was a loud thud and more muttering. Another thud accompanied with a sharp gasp. The door slowly creaked open. Bast looked in. "I had hoped I would see you dead." She fell forward onto the floor. Anubis stood in the door way, holding a would that was in the center of his chest. He stumbled in to the room and grasped a chain as he fell. "Release." He whispered. The chain manacles released and she sunk to the floor.

Anubis tottered over beside her. He rolled onto his back and looked at her. "Go left outside this door and right at the third hall. Follow that until the end, you sould end up in the forest where we grabbed you." His voice was strained. "What did you let me go?" Kagome asked, tears staining your face. "To kill you would be to kill us all. You will save this world, I can sense it. Good fortune Kagome." The last of his breath escaped from his body and his eyes slid closed. "Thank you and good fortune in the after life, Anubis."

Kagome stood and started to make her way to the outside world again, stumbling along the way.




Sorry I jumped around a little... R & R plz.