InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Personalities Much? ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Personalities Much?





Kagome had decided, over the short period of time that she found that she was actually insane, that being insane was hard work. That actual act itself wasn't hard, but dealing with the repercussions was. It was like people expected a warning to when she was going to freak out and bite someone’s head off.

She sighed and looked over to the other side of the camp. Since she came back the others made sure that the fire had been between her and them. She grit her teeth and they noticeably leaned away. “What the hell is your guys’ problem!” She yelled at them.

All of them jumped. “Well Lady Kagome, it seems as though you are….substantially more scary than usual. We happen to be very cautious today.” Miroku was trying his hardest to not be offensive while at the same time being honest. She sighed again. It was becoming a habit as of late. She could understand their being nervous, but really, did they have to keep looking at her like that. The wide scared eyes and supposedly discreet glances were becoming very annoying.

“That’s it! I’m going home!” Kagome stood abruptly and stomped out of the camp. InuYasha, Miroku, and Sango all looked at each other. “Well, go on InuYasha.” Miroku poked the hanyo in the side with his staff.

“What d’ya mean ‘go on’? I ain’t following that crazy bitch no where!” Miroku smacked him in the back of the head.

“InuYasha, Lady Kagome is in a very unstable state right now. Even her aura is moving violently. Some one, namely you, should escort her to the well and be with her the duration of her stay.”

“Screw that! Look what the wench did to my arm!” He rolled up his sleeve to expose the still healing marks. Miroku just stared at him calmly. Sango spoke quietly to him.

“Think about this InuYasha, what if Naraku managed to control Kagome because of her weakened state. We probably wouldn’t be able to fight, let alone defeat, her.”

InuYasha snorted and folded up his arms. “Fine!” He to left the camp following the same route as Kagome had. “Do you think she’ll be alright, Miroku?”

Miroku closed his eyes and bowed his head. “I am not sure what to think anymore, Sango. I try not to let the pessimism swamp me, but with Kirara and Shippou gone, along with Lady Kagome almost there, I am beginning to doubt the good in this life.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome had gotten farther than he thought she would and he had to run to catch up. He caught up with her in a clearing. She stopped right in the middle to look up at the cloudless sky. “What ‘re ya standing around for?” She just glanced back at him then went back to watching the sky.

“Hey I’m talking to you!” He was sorely tempted to grab her again. “Kagome.” She looked at him this time.

“Kagome isn’t here at the moment.” He brows drew together in confusion. What did she mean that Kagome wasn’t here at the moment? He was looking right at her. “Well then who the hell are you?”
She simply ignored him again. InuYasha clenched his fist. Who ever the hell it was, they were getting on his nerves. If they hadn’t looked like Kagome he might have already gone charging at her with his sword drawn in his typical fashion. “You’re really starting to piss me off!”

“You say that as if I care what you think, half-breed.” InuYasha’s stance faltered for a moment. She sounded just like Sesshoumaru. He could almost feel the chill in the air from her personality. “Where is Kagome at?” Icy eye turned to him.

“She isn‘t here anymore.” He was really getting sick of this whole confusion thing. “What the hell does that mean!”

“What do you think it means, hanyo?” The voice had changed from that upper aristocratic to a deep growling bass. Even her posture changed. She was hunched now and cracking her knuckles. “Great now who are you!”

She smiled at him. “They call me Shadow. So tell me, how are those marks I gave you healing.” She was baiting him and he knew it, but that didn’t stop his process of threaten, fight, and walk away victorious.

“I gonna cut you into ribbons you filthy lowlife!” The one now known as Shadow cackled. “You won’t do that. You would hurt your precious Kagome.” She spat. InuYasha hesitated in drawing is sword. Well his whole process just went out the window. “You ain’t Kagome.”

“Of course I am not that weak creature! She’s gone for good now. And you, did nothing to end her torment, are her supposed friend. I know her memories, how much she used to love you, but you contributed to her ultimate downfall. You gave us all a way to the surface. I suppose I should be thankful but all I can think about is gutting you, you piece of scum!”

“What the hell are you yapping about?”

“You fool. The Kagome you knew is gone. She has separated into all of us. I , Shadow, am her rage. Kisa is her sadness. Yuki is her pain, and Tsuki is what ever was left over. Oh, but wait, we have a guest! Anubis has decided to join into the mix and enjoy the festivities. “ Her voice was laden in sarcasm.

He was in that confused state of mind again. How could four, no five, different people inhabit the same body? Well they weren’t really different, they were pieces of the same time traversing girl, but honestly that’s cutting the line pretty close.

“So wait, who was I talking to before if it wasn’t Kagome?” He didn’t mean to voice the question out loud.

“Kisa is most like Kagome, gentle and giving. She follows the same thought pattern as Kagome once did, but you won’t see her again. I’ve done away with her.”

InuYasha growled and drew his sword. “What do you mean done away with her?” Shadow cackled again. “I think that I have told you enough. Now is the time for fighting!” She lunged at him, clawed hand swinging. Her nails scraped along his sword, and he threw her away.

Her feet slid in the soft soil. InuYasha charged, shoving his sword into its sheath, clenching hand into a fist. His hand passed through her curtain of hair. Shadow head butted him and hit him square in the nose. He felt the small trickle of blood start to flow but wiped it away. This was a problem. He didn’t want to hurt her, but he couldn’t say the say the same for his opponent.

He dodged a swipe to his gut and fell back a few paces. She was on him again and he was forced to retreat once more. He growled as she gave him a fanged smile. A well timed hit took her in the side of the head. Her head snapped back giving him enough time to go the offensive.

Shadow snarled at him and jumped away. She was trying to shake off the dizziness but her vision was starting to twist, warping her view of InuYasha. If those weren’t signs of a concussion, that fact that her world kept trying to tilt on it side, throwing off her equilibrium, was probably proof enough. This fight had to end now or she’d most likely end up on the ground unconscious.

InuYasha charged again. She leapt away at the last moment and stumbled. The stumble was enough for him to catch her. He pinned her to the ground. She looked up at him, her sight rocking back and forth as if she were in a cradle. She grimaced as black started to eat around the edges. It wouldn’t be long now. Her eyes slid shut and she went limp under his hold.

InuYasha turned her face to the side so that he could see where she’d been hit. A light bruise was starting to form. He picked her up in his arms and ran to the well.

~*~*~*~*~*~

By the time he’d made it to her era a the light bruise had turned an almost teal in color. He was wishing that he hadn’t hit her so hard. He found Kun-loon in the kitchen, stirring a pot of noodles. He noticed the dark, heavy circles under her eyes, and that the once vibrant woman was now gaunt and pale.
“Kun-loon?” He asked like he wasn’t really sure that it was her he was looking at.

The woman whipped around to look at him. She froze in place. “InuYasha?” It had been over a year since she had last seen the hanyo boy or her daughter. She had given up all hope on them even being alive and had cried herself to sleep every night since her hope faded. She looked down at her daughter who was laying in InuYasha’s arms. “What happened?”

Kun-loon reached out and gently touched Kagome’s face. He looked at her hand in shock. The hand was skeletal with only flesh covering it. “Some thing is wrong with her. I had to hit her to keep her from trying to kill me.” InuYasha exposed the bruise to her.

“We have to get her to the hospital!” She ran to the phone and began to dial the emergency number. She only hit one button before the phone was taken from her. “I know enough of Kagome’s time to know that they would ask questions. Kun-loon, Kagome isn’t human anymore and she has fangs, claws, and a tail to prove it.” She slid to the floor, tears falling down her face.

“There isn’t anything else we can do InuYasha. She could have bleeding in her brain. If we don’t find out she will die!” He squatted down and held Kagome out so that Kun-loon would have her attention draw to her.

“What will happen to her if they find out she’s a demon?” He said it harsher than he’d meant to, but he had to make her understand. Death wasn’t the worst thing in the world. Far from it in truth. He’d seen what humans would do to each other, let alone what they would do to demons or other hanyo. He had witnessed some of the way the humans would murder a hanyo. Torture was only the beginning. At least most demons were mercifully quick about it.

He noticed that she didn’t answer his question so he asked again. “Kun-loon, what would they do to Kagome?” His voice was gentle but firm.

“They would hurt her.” She said weakly. He nodded. “We only watch over her and hope she gets better.” She wiped away the tears on her face and sniffled a little.

“I still have some of the equipment from when I was a nurse, I’ll call in a few favors to get the rest of what we need.”

“Should I put her in her room?” He asked. Kun-loon nodded. “That would be fine.” InuYasha smiled at her. He could see the determination in her eyes.

“She’ll pull through, we both know she’s to stubborn to let go like this.” He kept the fact that even if she did pull through that Kagome would be crazy to himself. The woman was resilient but there was only so much someone could take before they caved under the pressure.



A/N: I’m in need of a beta (badly as one can tell) but just don’t have the time to hunt for a good one. *sigh* I just need some one to correct grammar, word usage, and find any plot holes. If you can just e-mail me through my e-mail link on my look-up page. I really don’t mind if you don’t have a lot of experience, since I’m not a critical person but please at least take it seriously is all I ask. Thank you.