InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Simply in Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Ok, I hate when people talk to me about fanfictions, cuz then I get the urge to write a new story. So here I am. lol.

Disclaimer: Inu Yasha doesn't belong to me. Grrr.
Simply in Love

Chapter One

Miroku smiled as he watched. She was beautiful, everything he could ever imagine. She was nice, sexy, powerful, and strong-willed. He watched as the water rippled around the curves of her body, the moonlight spilling onto her chocolate hair. He sighed as he watched. She was the one, he was sure of it. But was he the one for her? That was the question that had been tugging at his heart for so long. Oh, how terrible he would feel if he was not. For the only thing he could ever love to not return the love. Miroku sighed again. Maybe this dreaded fate will never come, and the dream will come instead. He knew he'd have to work for it. This woman played hard to get. But he would do anything, anything at all, just for her to love him, to even give him a single chance!

And then she saw him. Their eyes met for a breif, yet wonderful moment. And suddenly, BAM! A smooth, fist-sized rock came into sharp contact with Miroku's forehead, and the maiden shreiked, "Miroku! Give me some privacy for once! Stop being such a lech!" She quickly sunk into the water, her nose just above the surface, her eyes glaring at the man. Miroku got up and breathed dreamily. She even had perfect aim.

Miroku marched up the hill and into camp, sporting a golfball-sized, bleeding lump under his bangs. Inu Yasha sneered at the sight, "Jeez, Miroku, give it a rest already. One day she's gonna knock you out and you'll never wake up." Miroku smiled, "As long as Sango is the one doing it, I don't care what happens to me." Kagome shook her head and walked over to Miroku, First-Aid kit in hand, "Stop talking like that Miroku. Sango only hits you because you do things she doesn't like. She even told me that she's tired of hitting you. You peek on her too much and you grope her too much and she's getting tired of having to punish you." Miroku asked, "Then why doesn't she just let me be to do what I always do?" Kagome rolled her eyes and began rubbing Miroku's wound with rubbing alcohol, ignoring the hiss he made at the pain, "She's not going to do that, and you know. She only wants you to stop doing those things and then she won't have to hurt you."

Kagome finished cleaning the wound and stuck a bright pink Hello Kitty band-aid on Miroku's forehead. Miroku said, "Thank you, Kagome. You are so kind to--" Inu Yasha growled warningly, "Get your hands away from her!" Kagome jumped back and yelled, "Honestly, Miroku, do you have to try that every time!?" Inu Yasha said, "I don't see why you try to help him. You know Sango will hit him again later anyway for something else that he does, and you're only wasting your band-aid thingys." Inu Yasha continued, "If he keeps being the lech he is, he won't get any with Sango!"

Kagome rolled her eyes, "What do you know about romance, Inu Yasha? You're such a mean, cold-hearted jerk!" Inu Yasha retorted, "Oh yeah!? Well, you're a snobby little bitch!" Kagome crossed her arms, "Hmph. Inu Yasha, SIT!" Inu Yasha crashed into the ground with an, "Oof!" and Kagome picked up Shippo, "Let's go Shippo. I told Sango I'd go back to the hot spring after I set up camp." Inu Yasha lifted his face from the gorund and mumbled, "She's such a snobby little bitch..." Kagome left the tow guys in the camp as she headed down to the hot springs, picking up her towel and shampoo on the way.

Miroku sat beside the fire and stared at his toes, picking at the grass beside him, "Inu Yasha, can I talk to you about something?" Inu Yasha sat up, crossing his legs Indian-style and holding Tetseiga in teh crook of his arm, staring at Miroku, "Hm? About what?" Miroku sighed, "I can't stop thinking about her. And I know shedoesn't like the things I do, but I don't know how else to act. It's worked with every other woman this way, but she is just different, and it makes me want her more. I can't stop thinking about her and wanting her, but... But I don't know how to show her how I feel..."

Inu Yasha rubbed the back of his neck, "Ah, I'm not really good with these kinds of things. I mean, my last relationship nearly killed me, and now the woman wants me dead." Miroku nodded, still staring absently into the fire, "Yes, I know you're terrible with women--" Inu Yasha growled, but allowed Miroku to continue, "But I'm doing this all wrong with Sango. I need to be pointed in the right direction at least." He stared at Inu Yasha, a look of realization on his face, "Inu Yasha, I'm in love with her. And I don't want to lose her."

Inu Yasha was surprised that Miroku was opening up so much, but he was also completely confused. What was he supposed to say? Noone asked him about this stuff, and now he was stuck. Might as well give it a shot, "For a start, I guess you could stop touching her. She doesn't really like it, not now at least. She probably wants to move further in the relationship before you start touching her again." Miroku looked at Inu Yasha questioningly, "Stop touching her? What do you mean?" Inu Yasha slapped his forehead. This was going to be harder than it seemed.

Inu Yasha explained, "Yeah, other women fall for you when you flirt with them and stuff, but you have to look at Sango as a different person. She doesn't like that you're grouping her with the other women and thinking it's strange that she isn't falling for you. You have to see her as a totally different person, and treat her like a totally different person. Are you getting this?" Miroku nodded, "Yeah. She doesn't like how I touch her like that. But I can't help it. It just a natural reaction, a habit. And I flirt with a lot of other women too. That bothers her too, doesnt it?" Inu Yasha nodded, "Duh. You wouldn't want Sango flirting around with other guys, would you? I remember that time that prince guy remembered Sango and proposed to her. You didn't really like that." Miroku shook his head, "No. I don't want that to happen again. I love Sango, I want her to be with me and nobody else." Inu Yasha said, "Okay, well, if she gets a guy, she'll want him to be with her and nobody else. So now you have to stop flirting around with other women, and keep your hands under control. She'll appreciate it, and then you guys will get together. I think Sango likes you, it's just that she can't get any closer 'cause she doesn't see a stable relationship with you guys, you know." Miroku nodded, "Okay. So I'll stop being such a lech and stop flirting with other women and stop groping. Oh, this is gonna be hard." Inu Yasha sighed, "Love hurts, man."

IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

Sango grumbled as she watched Miroku leave the area. She muttered, "How dare he? He does that almost every time! I swear, if I have to hit him one more time, I'll explode." She walked around the riverbed, glancing up into the trees every once in a while. The she dove. The water was really warm, and it calmed her nerves. Good thing, too, because Miroku always left her on edge. He was always touching, flirting, groping, or doing something else. At times he could be sweet, but every other time he's a lech. And it just made her want to rip her hair out. But that wouldn't be good.

Sango emerged from the water and saw Kagome and Shippo walking down the hill. Shippo was running and ripping off his shirt, finally jumping into the water. Kagome smiled, "Hi Sango. You feeling better?" Sango nodded, "Yeah. I hurt my hand a little bit when I slapped Miroku earlier today. You'd think that by now I'd have knocked some sense into him." Kagome said, "Yeah. Well, he's at camp now with Inu Yasha." She prepared herself to go into the springs and slipped into the water. Sango sighed, "Miroku just gets on my nerves sometimes. I wish that he could just stop being such a lech and pay attention to the better things in life." Kagome smirked, "And by 'better things in life', you mean yourself." Sango blushed, "N-no! He's just running around flirting. But then he;s going to get old and ugly and he won't have a woman to settle down with. And I'm also trying to get him off of my butt, if you haven't noticed."

Sango grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body. She hid behind some trees and began to change, "But he's nice sometimes. But other times he's too much of a lech and it just gets me, I don't know why." She pulled her hair up into a ponytail and stepped out from the trees. She sighed, "Well, I'm going back up to camp. I'll make sure Miroku stays out fo your bag." Kagome laughed, "Okay, thanks."

Sango climbed up the hill, wringing her ponytail, when she heard Inu Yasha's voice coming from their camp, "Shut up!... Sango's back, be quiet, talk about something else." The murmurs stopped and then they started again, "And then I killed it. It was huge, but I still didn't need to use the Tetsusaiga." Miroku's voice sounded amused, "Ah, yes, I remember that! That was a spectacular battle." Suspicious, Sango stepped into view, "Hi. What were you guys talking about?" Inu Yasha smired smugly, "Well, I was just checking if Miroku still remembers that time I killed some huge demons without the Tetsusaiga. It was awesome, but then again, it was me, so no surprise." Sango rolled her eyes and picked up her Hiraikotsu which had been leaning up on a tree, "Well, if you're not going to tell me what you were really talking about, then I guess I'll just have to beat it out of you."

Inu Yasha crossed his arms angrily, "Do you have to know everything Sango? Yeah, we were talking about you, but Miroku wasn't bringing up anything perverted for once. He was actually be nice and appropriate." Sango narrowed her eyes cautiously and lowered the Hiraikotsu, "You'd better be telling the truth, because if I find out otherwise, I will hurt you."

Miroku sighed and said, "Sango, please, sit down, relax. You're always so tense." He patted the grass on the ground beside him. Sango sat down on the grass and brought her legs to her chest, resting her head on her knees. She stared into the fire longingly, a faraway look in her eyes. Miroku noticed this as he was gazing at her face and asked worriedly, "What's wrong, Sango? You seem upset." Sango blinked and lifted her head, "Hm? Oh, I'm fine. I was just thinking about something..." Kilala emerged from her hiding place behind Inu Yasha and rubbed up against Sango's ankles. Sango picked up the small cat, placing her in her lap and idley petting her fur. Kilala purred and shifted slightly to get comfortable.

Miroku squirmed a little bit closer to Sango, looking at Inu Yasha who was giving him silent commands and nodding in approval. Miroku slowly placed his arm around Sango's shoulder and asked, "Well, what are you thinking about? I hate to see you sad, it makes me sad too." Sango looked up at Miroku, but then lowered her head again, "It's just that I still miss Kohaku. I wish he was alive and free from Naraku's clutches. I mean, he's my little brother and the only one besides me who's still alive, at least somewhat, after Naraku attacked the village. And even still, I miss him. I wish I could have been a better sister, better at protecting him." Miroku said, "I'm sure you were a great sister to him before your village was attacked, and even now you are wonderful. See how much you care for him? You travel all around the country with us, searching for him and Naraku. And you're worrying about him, hoping that he's alright. You're really devoted to your brother, and it's very admirable." Sango kept her face lowered and released a strange coughing sound. Miroku brought his other arm to go around her, "Sango, please don't cry."

Sango sobbed into his chest for a few minutes. Inu Yasha decided to leave the two alone so he left to find some food. Miroku held Sango, crooning soft words to her, "It's okay Sango, we'll find him soon enough. We're all here to help you find Kohaku. We'll bring him back." Sango wiped her eyes and pulled away, "Thanks Miroku. I'm thankful that I have such great friends." She laughed lightly, "It's still so weird how we've all come to be friends, how we all ended up grouping together in the first place." Miroku smiled as he remembered how he tried to kill Inu Yasha back when they first met, and now they were almost like brothers. Miroku laughed, "I remember when we met you and you began traveling with us. Ah, you slapped me so hard then..." Sango asked, "You're not getting any ideas now, are you?" Miroku sighed, "No, actually, I've decided that if you really don't want me to, I'll stop touching you like that. That is, if I can." He chuckled and said, "No, I'm joking, I really will stop if you wish it."

Sango smiled,"Well, it'd be nice and less embarrassing if you stopped groping me. Thanks Miroku." Miroku said, "Anything for you, my dear Sango." Sango hesitated, but then she slowly cuddled closer to Miroku, allowing him to hold her in his lap, his arms around her. Miroku smiled softly as he stared in the fire, but his mind was screaming, 'I can't believe it! It worked! I hope I can keep her with me and show her that I love her!"

They stayed that way for a few minutes, just enjoying the peace and quiet, knowing that it would be interrupted eventually when Inu Yasha, Kagome, or Shippo returned. Sango smiled and relaxed. Miroku was having another one of those moments where he was being sweet and not lecherous at the same time. Sango liked those times best. They stayed that way for the best of a half an hour when Miroku noticed that Sango's head had tilted downward. Then he noticed she had fallen asleep. He carefully lay her head on the grass and spread one of Kagome's sleeping bags on the ground, opening it and gently carrying Sango to it. He covered her and smiled. He had made some progress. Even if it was only slight.

Inu Yasha returned, a fat deer slung over his shoulder. Miroku said, "Be quiet. Sango is sleeping." Inu Yasha glanced at Sango and lay the deer on the ground. He began to skin and clean it when Kagome came back with Shippo. Miroku was sitting near Sango and the fire. Kagome said, "Oh good, we don't have to eat instant food tonight!" Miroku said, "Yes, no offense, Kagome, but I was growing tired of eating those foods you brought with you from your time." Kagome shook her head, "None taken. But yeah, thanks Inu Yasha." Inu Yasha scoffed, "You're cooking it. I know you won't do the skinning, because you'll whine that it's gross." Kagome shook her head and sat by the fire. Shippo skipped towards Kilala and they began to wrestle.

Kagome rolled out her own sleeping bag and sat on it, "I have to study for my science test for next week. Please be quiet." Inu Yasha said, "Feh. You always have these 'tests'. And you always have to leave to your time to take the 'tests'. It's annoying! We have to find the Sacred Jewel shards, God damnit!" Miroku threw a rock at Inu Yasha, "Quiet! You'll wake up Sango." Inu Yasha growled, "Oh, wouldn't want to bother Sango or Miroku will throw rocks. Ooh!" Nevertheless, he stopped making noise and continued cleaning his prey.

He finished shortly afterwards, "Kagome, here. Cook. I'm hungry." Kagome rolled her eyes and watched as Inu Yasha sliced the meat with his claws. Kagome took the bits of meat and put them on a spit over the fire. Miroku sighed and leaned back against a tree. He looked up and saw the sky and the stars between the branches. Kagome looked up from her chemistry textbook and asked, "Miroku, are you alright?" Miroku blinked and looked down at Kagome, "Oh, I'm fine. Just thinking." Inu Yasha added, "About Sango." Miroku said, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I am." Inu Yasha shook his head, "You probably still have a long way to go." Miroku shrugged, "Maybe I do. But that's okay. I'd do whatever it takes to have her."

He stared at his right hand, gazing at the fabric that covered the mysterious void in his palm, "First on the list is to kill Naraku and rid myself of the curse of the Wind Tunnel." He sighed and dropped his hand back to the ground beside him, "We should leave tomorrow in search of that shard we heard about earlier today." Inu Yasha nodded, "Yeah. We have to hurry up with getting those shards." He turned to Kagome, "But you have got to stop going home all the time. It's making us lose track of time. Everytime you go back home, we have to travel all the way back to the well, and then go back on the path we left. It's annoying, and I want to get this over and done with." Kagome said, "I'm sorry, but I have a lot of tests. But don't worry. Next month summer vacation starts, so I can stay here for whole two months without having to take any tests. But that would also mean that we'd run out of ramen pretty fast, if that's okay with you Inu Yasha." Inu Yasha sighed sadly, "Well, if it will help us to hurry and kill Naraku, I guess I can live without ramen for a while." Inu Yasha said, "I don't care what happens, if you have a surprise 'test' thing, you're not going back for a whole two months!" Kagome laughed, "Don't worry, I won't have any tests."

Soon enough, they were all sleeping. But shortly after the rest of the group had fallen asleep, Sango woke up. She felt a strange chill in the air. She got up quietly and picked up her Hiraikotsu, not disturbing any of her friends. She felt something pullling at her. She continued walking through the trees, following that feeling. Then she found herself in a clearing.

She heard a rustling in the bushes to her right. She lifted the Hiraikotsu, poised to attack, if necessary. Then something leapt out of the bushes. The moonlight spilled onto the figure, but it was covered in a dark cloak. Sango asked, "Who are you?" The figure was close in height to Sango, only a little bit shorter. The cloak was taken off and Sango gasped.

"Kohaku." She whispered. Kohaku's eyes were dim and hazy. Sango knew he was currently being controlled by Naraku, but she couldn't help it. Tears came to her eyes, "Kohaku! Kohaku, please, don't let Naraku keep control of you anymore!" The boy raised his arm, the sharp weapon in his hands. Sango shook her head, "No, Kohaku, no!" Kohaku threw the weapon at Sango with intense speed. Sango leapt out of the way, but the chain had gotten hold of her ankle and she fell to the ground. Kohaku came closer to her and lifted his weapon above her. Sango closed her eyes and cried, "Kohaku! Please! Please, don't do this!"

Suddenly, the chain around her ankle loosed and the shadow that loomed over her disappeared. A voice coming from the direction which Sango entered from said, "Don't hurt Sango!" Sango looked up and saw Miroku. He didn't know how to fight the boy without making Sango upset. Kohaku lifted his weapon, ready to strike Miroku. The weapon was thrown, but Miroku quickly uncovered his hand, "Wind Tunnel!" The weapon was absorbed into his hand, not leaving a scratch on him. Unarmed, the boy ran away into the shadows of the forest.

Miroku ran up to Sango, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Sango wiped her eyes and said, "I'm fine. But.. Kohaku..." Miroku took her hand and helped her up, "There's nothing we can do now. We have to face Naraku and get Kohaku back by force. You know Narku will continue to use him as bait to lure you and then kill you. Please, don't follow Kohaku again alone. I get sick at the thought of losing you."

Sango nodded, "Next time, I'll let you know, I guess." Miroku said, "Come, let's go back to camp. I'm sure Inu Yasha would hav heard this and he's probably getting ready to come over here and find out what's going on." They began walking back towards the camp, but they met with Inu Yasha halfway.

Inu Yasha asked, "What happened? I wake up to hear Sango screaming and the two of you were gone. It thought you two.. um, never mind." Miroku smiled knowingly and Sango blushed furiously. Miroku said, "No, it's not what you think Inu Yasha, though I wish it were true." Sango gave him a warning glare and Miroku continued in a more serious tone, "Sango found Kohaku again. He still seems deep under Naraku's control." Inu Yasha nodded and said, "Hmm. Well, looks like Naraku's after you now Sango. Don't go running off in the middle of the night on your own anymore. We all know you won't fight your own brother even if he's attacking you. It's frustrating, knowing that you have such a bad weakness, but all we can do is tell you not to ty and get him back yourself. He's going to kill you Sango. You have to be more careful, and I'm not ready to lose a good fighter." Sango smiled at Inu Yasha. He showed his worry in a different way. She said, "If I see Kohaku again, I'll make sure one of you are with me." Inu Yasha said, "We had better be with you. Otherwise I'll let Miroku tie you up and make sure you never do it again." Miroku smirked pervertedly and Inu Yasha laughed. Sango blushed and punched Inu Yasha's arm, "Shut up! I'm going back to sleep. Good night. Jerks."

Sango marched ahead and Inu Yasha and Miroku walked behind her. Miroku said, "You just had to ruin a good moment." Inu Yasha smirked, "Yeah, I'm sure it was great. Sounded like you guys were having fun." Miroku said, "No, no. I wish." Inu Yasha laughed, "Ha! You've got a ways to go. But now that I think about it, it looks like Sango's already getting closer to you. Damn, Miroku, how come you always get the girls so easily!?" Miroku said breifly, "Just my manly charm." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Whatever. You're still a perve. I saw you staring at her boobs." Miroku dropped his head, "I thought you wouldn't notice that." Inu Yasha smirked, "Well, I did. Next time, make sure that you don't act like such a perve so much. Otherwise, don't get caught." Miroku chuckled, "You're right. I should stop acting in such a way or make sure you aren't watching. Haha."

They reached the camp shortly afterward. Sango was already in her sleeping bag, but she watched as Inu Yasha and Miroku settled down. She was worried. Where was Kohaku going now? To Naraku? And what was Naraku making Kohaku do? Was he making Kohaku kill innocent people? Sango prayed that he wasn't. Soon she fell into a troubled slumber.


IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY~IIY

InvincibleInuYasha: Hey, how was that? I hope you liked it! I wrote a lot because I want to give you more to read. My parents are threatening to steal my computer so I don't know how much longer I can write as much as I do now. So, yeah, that's my current situation. lol. Anyway, enjoy and R&R. Thanks!