InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Singin' in the Rain...er...Shower ❯ Singin' in the Rain...er...Shower ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Inu Yasha, please..." Kagome begged. In a last-ditch attempt to get her way, she widened her eye to a painful size, causing them to fill with tears. It might have stung a bit, but it was the only way that she would get what she wanted. He grumbled and snatched the towel out of her outstretched hands.

"Fine, I'll take a bloody shower," he grumbled, tossing the fluffy white sheet of cotton over his shoulder. Kagome smiled and turned back to the bath taps.

"Okay, thank you!" She piped over the noise of rushing water. She used the tip of her pinky to test the temperature. Just as she thought: absolute zero. She shuddered and withdrew her frozen digit. It would take a minute to warm up.

"So why am I taking this stupid thing?" Inu Yasha asked as he yanked off the top of his kimono.

"It's because of your smell."

"My smell?" he echoed.

"Yeah. For some reason, my mom doesn't like the smell of sweat and blood and demon guts. Go figure."

"What? You mean that you DO like it?"

"I'm used to it, but Mom said that you're either taking a shower or you're going back to the Feudal Era."

"Yeah, yeah." Kagome ignored the bitterness in his voice as she twisted the shower knob. Hot strings of water shot out of the nozzle above her head. She dusted off her hands and turned to face Inu Yasha.

"Now, I-" she stopped suddenly and gaped at him. There, less than a meter away, was the sex god himself...and he didn't have a top on. Many urges and thoughts bombarded her at once, but the most prominent were the urges to ogle, drool, and leap on him. IT was too bad that she had a total system shutdown before she could decide on what to do.

"Kagome?" he half-whispered.

"Yes?"

"You can leave now." She snapped out of her dream-like mindset, blushing. She mumbled something inaudible and dashed out of the bathroom. Inu Yasha shook his head and quietly shut the door.

............... (Later that morning).................

"INU YASHA!! Breakfast is ready!!" Kagome called from the kitchen. No reply came to her.

"I think that he's still in the shower, dear. Why don't you go rap on the bathroom door? He probably can't here you over the noise of these old pipes." Mrs. Higurashi smiled at her daughter. Kagome glanced longingly at her French toast. The stacks of fried golden goodness winked at her from under a mountain of powdered sugar and a drizzling of syrup. 'Eat me!!!' it called, but she merely sighed and started up the stairs. `If my breakfast is cold when I get back down there, you're a dead dog,' she thought as she hauled herself up off of the last step. A strange sound reached her ears that set off her instinct sensors.

"Is someone killing a cat?" she asked herself, wondering when she last saw Buyo. But as she neared the bathroom door, the caterwauling morphed into half-way decent singing. `Singing?!' Kagome thought as she fought to contain her laughter. `Inu Yasha's singing in the shower! Oh my G-wait…How does he know this song? Did he steal my CD player again?! Grrr…Hanyou gonna die tonight…Ah well. I'll just sit back and enjoy the music while I can.' Kagome smiled and leaned against the bathroom door. She slid down the polished oak and onto the carpet with a soft thud. `Oh darn…he's almost done with the song.' She mentally sighed as the soft notes floated through the door.

"Nobody gets too much heaven no more

It's harder to come by

I'm waiting in line…"

Kagome sighed and stroked the carpet with one finger. `Pleaser keep going.'

"Nobody gets too much love anymore

It's as high as a mountain

And harder to climb…

"Huh. That's a good one, but what's that other one that Kagome loves so much? Oh man…I can't remember…" he spoke to the swirling mists that floated about him. `Oh oh oh!! "Islands in the Stream"! It's "Islands in the Stream", Inu Yasha!" she silently screamed at him. She heard him snap his finger as realization hit him.

"I remember now, but-GRR! How does it start?!" he contemplated aloud as the hellishly warm water that pelted his back.

"Baby when I met you there was peace unknown…" Kagome murmured in a barely inaudible voice.

"Baby when I met you there was peace unknown.

I set out to get you with a fine tooth comb.

I was soft inside

There was something goin' on…"

Hearing those words slip under the door with the steam filled Kagome with a strange sensation. It was like an up-and-coming chocoholic's first Hershey's Kiss; like a starving man's first meal in a long, LONG time.

"You do something to me that I can't explain.

Hold me closer and I feel no pain!

Every beat of my heart

We got something goin' on…"

`Oh God, please let him take showers here more often! This is the only way that I'll ever hear words like that come from his mouth.'

"Tender love is blind;

It requires a dedication.

All this love we feel needs no conversation.

We can ride it together,.. ah ha

Makin' love with each other,.. ah ha."

He crooned through the steamy oblivion, unknowingly giving Kagome the most romantic moment she's ever had. They might have been on opposite sides of the door (even universe, for that matter), but when it came down to it…he was singing her favorite love song to her.

His voice rose as the song picked up. A sentimental smile spread across Inu Yasha's face. This was the part in the song he liked best.

"Islands in the stream!

That is what we are!

No one in between.

How can we be wrong?

Sail away with me

To another world

And we'll rely on each other, ... ah ha

From one lover to another, …ah ha."

`What the hell?' Inu Yasha thought. Was it just his imagination, or was someone harmonizing with him He gingerly stepped away from the stream of water to hear better. Maybe it was his imagination…or maybe not. He climbed out of the shower, leaving the water on so that the rouge harmonizer wouldn't suspect anything. He was about to open the door when he remembered something. He reached backwards, pulled a towel off the rack behind him, and wrapped one of them around his waist. Now he was ready.

He yanked open the door, and to his surprise, Kagome tumbled into the foggy bathroom with a semi-loud shriek. Time stood still for the two of them. Kagome was petrified. She was on the floor, on her back, staring up at Inu Yasha, who was in a towel and glistening with water droplets.

"Oh…um…breakfast is ready?" she supplied meekly.

"Did I ask for a duet?!" he snarled. "GET OUT!" She scrambled to her feet and leapt down the stairs. Her mother smiled at her when she entered the room.

"Is he coming down then?" she asked innocently.

"E-e-eventually!" Kagome squeaked with poorly suppressed laughter. Mrs. Higurashi raised an eyebrow. Her daughter only laughed like that when she was intensely nervous and/or embarrassed.

"What's so funny?" Her mother droned.

"N-nothing," Kagome said, smiling. After a few minutes, Inu Yasha slid down the banister (fully dressed) and sat next to Kagome at the table. They didn't speak, or even look at each other for that matter, but they did start to simultaneously hum "Islands in the Stream".

~*~*~*~

Yeah, That's how bored I was. Sad, huh? Well, I gotta go do some Valentine's day shopping. Ta-ta!