InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Slave Rin ❯ Half Breed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rin awoke, feeling much better than the last week. She wasn't dizzy, and she felt as light as a feather. Rin yawned and rubbed the water from her eyes.

"Another day to live!" Rin exclaimed.

She quickly retrieved her toothbrush and toothpaste from the dresser and brushed her teeth in Sesshomaru's sink. Rin looked in the mirror; the fever had brushed her cheeks with crimson. She looked much healthier, but a little more thin than usual. After that, Rin began to tidy up the bathroom. Picking up clothes that were on the floor and wiping the mirrors.

"I thought I told you to stay in bed," Rin jumped at the sound of the voice, but only to realize that it was Sesshomaru.

"Don't sneak up on me like that! You scared me half to death." Rin sighed.

"That's not the point, I told you to stay in bed. Why are you out?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm feeling better," Rin stated.

"Let me check your temperature," Sesshomaru said, his tone strangely resembled a mother's. He put his claws on Rin's forehead, just to check on her temperature.

"Your temperature lowered. Alright, you may go," Sesshomaru gave in.

"Just in time for winter exams!" Rin exclaimed and quickly hurried herself into the servant's quarter.

Rin quickly changed into her school uniform and put on an old, worn out scarf that belonged to her mother, boots to keep the slush of the snow out of her feet, and black mittens that were decorated with snowflakes dancing in the air. Pulling on backpack and hat, Rin quickly grabbed a sack with her school shoes and her lunch.

Once again Rin gave up her lunch to her brother, who thanked her gratefully. She skipped to school, managing to meet up with Sesshomaru. His feet easily walked through the hard frozen slush. While Rin on the other hand was walking awkwardly, trying her best to keep up with him. When Sesshomaru realized, he slowed down.

"We're never going to get to school on time if you keep walking like this," Sesshomaru remarked.

"Sorry, just walk on, I'll get to school.in a year of two," Rin gritted through her teeth.

"Climb on my back," Sesshomaru said.

"What!" said Rin, sounding more surprised than questionable.

"Get on my back, we'll get to school much faster," Sesshomaru replied.

"B-But I'm a slave, and riding your back will make it seem like you're the slave and I'm the master," Rin stuttered.

"That's an order Rin," Sesshomaru commanded.

Rin gulped and crawled onto Sesshomaru's back. He ran quickly, as if racing against the wind. When Rin felt the speed surge, she tightened her grip on Sesshomaru. She shut her eyes closed and trembled against the cold wind. In what felt like seconds, Sesshomaru said,

"We're here Rin. You can let go now," Sesshomaru said.

"Okay, just a sec," Rin replied, and slid down his back.

"Thank you milord," Rin said and bowed.

They walked together into homeroom in silence. Sesshomaru sat behind Rin, restoring his cold attitude. The teacher came in, reminding them about exams, and then he let them off to their schedule. Rin breezed through the exams; to Rin they were quite simple. But to the other students, it seemed like eternity when they finished.

Finally it was lunchtime, Rin sat on a branch of the cherry tree. She realized that she wasn't alone. Behind her was Sesshomaru. His eyes were closed and the only sign of movement seemed to be his chest rising and then sinking. There was something about Sesshomaru that made him alluring to Sesshomaru. Her heart pounded faster by the minute.

"Sesshomaru?" Rin whispered.

Sesshomaru remained motionless. In his sleep, he seemed so innocent. Normally his face would have a look of coldness and hatred. He looks so young, innocent, gentle, and.handsome. Rin gasped loudly when she heard what she had said. Sesshomaru's eyes opened, he looked at Rin questionably.

"What are you doing here?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Think of it as two birds realizing that they share the same tree," Rin replied and she blushed.

Suddenly the bell rang, shocking Rin incredibly; so much that she fell off the branch. Rin screamed, waiting for the impact of hitting the ground. But the fall never came. Rin opened her eyes; she was in the arms of Sesshomaru.

"You need to be more careful, if I wasn't here imagine how many bones would've been broken," Sesshomaru yawned.

Rin giggled frivolously. Sesshomaru looked at her questionably once more.

"What is it that you make me feel inferior of?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Nothing.. Just that, you look cute when you're sleeping," Rin giggled and trotted off quickly.

Sesshomaru seemed shock for a minute and sighed. He walked off to class, which was with Rin.

* * *

"Hey Rin!" someone called out.

Rin turned around, only to see that it was Kagome.

"Oh, hello," Rin smiled.

"I've noticed, you have a strong aura around you. It gives me the feeling like Inuyasha, like a half demon kind of aura. Is your mother or father a demon?" Kagome asked.

"Um, not that I know of. And what do you mean by aura?" Rin asked.

"I'm a priestess. I can sense your aura, and I have holy powers," Kagome answered.

"Well, now that you told me, I'm pretty sure I'm human," Rin replied.

"Alright, just checking," Kagome said.

"Why?" Rin asked.

"Because then it would be illegal for you being Sesshomaru's slave," Kagome replied and then ran off ahead of her.

Half demon? Rin thought to herself then she shook her head pushing the thought away.

* * *

Rin walked, she had several questions, and knew one person who could answer then. 'Like a half demon kind of aura.' Rin turned another street corner and walked into Starbucks. And there he was, Shippo

"Shippo we need to talk," Rin commanded.

"Okay," Shippo said and walked out into the back, letting Rin in along with him, "Shoot."

"Was father a demon?" Rin asked.

"Why are you asking me?" Shippo asked nervously.

"Because, a friend told me, she could feel half breed aura all over me. Shippo I want answers now." Rin demanded.

"I guess there's no point in hiding it from you," Shippo sighed, "Our father was a powerful kitsune. He was rich and powerful. My mother was a kitsune also."

"Then why was father killed when he was a full demon?" Rin asked.

"Remember when you saw Traitor on the wall?" Shippo asked.

"Yeah? So what about it?" Rin solicited.

"That's why. Dad was in a secret organization that was to let humans be equal along with demons. And when they found out that my mom was involved to, they slaughtered her. Then they went after dad, that's why the guy was sniffing out for you after he killed dad. They're after us, since we're the kin. That's why I didn't tell you that you were half kitsune," Shippo said.

"Oh, if I'm half demon, then why do I look human?" Rin asked once more.

"Rin, focus your energy, imagine a flower blooming," Shippo said.

Rin did as she was told, she could feel a warm glow surrounding her body, and then she opened her eyes. The first thing her eyes caught immediately was a big, bushy foxtail. Rin looked at her arms, they were toned up. Not too much, but in a way that looked attractive and strong.

"Oh my god," Rin gasped and slapped her hand at the side of her face. Her ears were gone. "MY EARS ARE GONE!"

Shippo laughed.

"Shut up! I lost my ears!" Rin snapped, "Oh my little ears, where did you go?" Rin looked at the floor, trying to see if she dropped her ears.

"Touch the top of your head," Shippo managed to say through his laughter.

Rin touched the top of her head. There two little fox ears.

"My ears! Where's a mirror?" Rin asked.

Shippo directed Rin to the restroom. Her new features were astonishing. Instead of her hair reaching slightly past her shoulders, it went all the way down to her waist, with red curls. Her hair was still brown, but there were crimson curls growing out at the tips.

"My ears are so cute!" Rin exclaimed and began to pull them.

Rin stepped out of the bathroom, only to find her brother in kitsune form. He resembled her, except he had elf like ears instead of kitsune ears.

"But how do I transform back into human form?" Rin asked.

"Imagine a flower going back into pupil," Shippo stated.

Rin did as she was told and felt her weak nails replacing her strong claws, her regular teeth coming in place of her fangs. Rin transformed back into demon and then human. After awhile, Shippo taught a few things; like how to control plants and gripping and swinging a sword. After awhile, Shippo had to get back to work, and Rin transformed back into a human.

When Rin got home, she hurried into her maid uniform and got to work. After awhile, Sesshomaru arrived, he noticed an awkward silence.

"Rin you seem quiet tonight? Anything wrong?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Just a few things on my mind." Rin replied briefly.

"Hmm," Sesshomaru said.

"Do you know anything about a man named Yosh-Hee Lee?" Rin asked.

Sesshomaru's face darkened slightly.

"Why?"

"Just wondering," Rin replied. Quickly getting back to work.

"Sesshomaru?" Rin asked again.

"Yes?" Sesshomaru answered.

"Do you detest all half breeds?" Rin asked.

"Depends." Sesshomaru replied.

"Oh," was all Rin could say.

Sesshomaru yawned. Dark circles surrounded his eyes from the lack of sleep. Rin knew that he had been up to something, but decided to not butt in. Suddenly, Rin heard heavy breathing. She turned around to see Sesshomaru sound asleep.

Rin smiled and covered her lord in a blanket. He looked like a little boy, so innocent. He had a hard life, even in his childhood. She understood. They had been in the same position. Feeling alone and left behind, and it hurt, when it was someone she loved. Rin whispered into Sesshomaru's ears,

"Thank milord.for putting up with a half breed like me."

Rin glanced at her lord once more and smiled weakly and then walked away.

* * *