InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ So Close ❯ So Close ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bankotsu sat by the river's edge, sake in hand, starring at his own reflection. It was fascinating, really, gazing upon one's own features as the dull euphoria of alcohol filled the mind. There wasn't much else to do anyway, so he continued to drink, his mind happily buzzing, and he continued to look at the water, noticing every ripple that touched its surface.
 
“Care if I join you?” Bankotsu looked up to see Jakotsu coming toward him.
 
“Hmm, go ahead,” he said.
 
Jakotsu took a seat next to his leader, and he stole the cup of sake from his hand.
 
“Hey! Don't take mine, get your own.” Bankotsu handed Jakotsu the jug, and Jakotsu grinned before taking a small sip from it.
 
“What are you doing down here Aniki?” Jakotsu asked. “You might as well drink out on the porch if that is all you are going to do, you know.”
 
Bankotsu shrugged, taking in another mouthful of his drink. “Don't know,” he said simply. “The water…”
 
“What about it?”
 
“It… moves.”
 
Jakotsu paused for a moment, and then let out a giggle. “Somebody has had a bit too much to drink tonight.”
 
Bankotsu just continued to stare at the water. “So? Don't you ever get drunk?” Jakotsu just shook his head. “Well, you should, because the water always moves but you never really notice it when you're not drunk.”
 
“I think I will leave the water gazing to you, Aniki.” Jakotsu replied. “Besides, I like it when you're drunk and I'm not, then I can toy with you.”
 
Bankotsu blinked. “What do you mean?”
 
Jakotsu leaned in really close, his face almost touching that of his companion. “I mean-” Before he could say another word, or do anything else, Bankotsu flopped forward onto his chest.
 
“Mou…” Jakotsu sighed. “Nice one there, Bankotsu, you have the worst timing.”