InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Some Thing's Are Better Forgotten ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Some Things Are Better Forgotten
 
Chapter 1
 
Why did Kikyou have to shatter the Shikon Jewel?
 
Now they had to look for the jewel shards again. Hopefully they'd get most of them before Naraku could get his disgusting hands on them. If only they had won, and taken his life, then they wouldn't have to worry about him, or the jewel shards.
 
Right now they had been looking for the shards Kagome had sensed a little while back. They had come across a village and talked to the village headman, and he said there were no resent youkai sightings around the forest that surrounded them.
 
Kagome said that she sensed the shards northwest of the village so they headed in that direction.
 
When they were out of sight of the village they came across a small shack and about five children running in the small field in front. They were about from the ages of seven to twelve, two boys and three girls.
 
“Come inside and eat, suppers ready.” A voice yelled from inside the shack.
 
“Inuyasha, the shards are inside, about three of them.” Kagome told Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha pulled out his sword. “Well let's go and get them.”
 
“Inuyasha, I don't think that's so wise.” Miroku told him.
 
“Yeah, there are kids in there.” Shippo said, a little worried.
 
“Shippo's right, lets see who's inside.” Kagome suggested.
 
“Fine.” Inuyasha put his Tessaiga back in it's sleigh and started walking to the shack.
 
When they got there a boy around twelve came out the door and slammed right into Inuyasha's legs. “Ouch.” The boy landed on his butt. He looked up at the legs he had bumped into and his eyes trailed up and meet Inuyasha's amber eyes.
 
“Aunt Tazuni there's a man at the door.” The boy said no trace of fear in his voice. Standing up and dusting the dirt off his butt, he walked to the door and a woman with white hair and violet eyes came out of the shack. She had white dog-ears matching Inuyasha's, and a old, plane looking gray kimono on, that went to her knees. On her feet she wore some brown sandals. And behind her, there was a white long tail that reached the floor. They could tell she was a dog demon as well.
 
“Can I help you?” She asked politely.
 
“She has the jewel shards.” Kagome whispered to Inuyasha and pointed at a botch at her right hip.
 
Inuyasha nodded. “Give me the jewel shards.” He demanded.
 
“That's not a nice way to greet someone when you're at their door.” She smiled at him.
 
“I don't care, give me the shards.” He demanded again.
 
“Why do you want them, may I ask?”
 
“That's nun of your damn business. Now give me the shards.” He told her.
 
“As you wish.” She reached for the botch at her hip. “Here you go, enjoy.” She handed him the shards and grinned.
 
“Huh?” Inuyasha asked dump founded. “I at least expected a fight.”
 
“I don't want to start a fight in front of the children. Plus I don't want to hurt you.” Her grin turning into a smile.
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” He asked.
 
“I'm kidding. I can tell you're a strong half demon.” She waved to the door. “Please come in for a cup of tea.”
 
“I'm not sure…” Inuyasha turned to Kagome. But she had already started for the door.
 
“Thanks, that would be nice.” She smiled at the women. “It's time for a rest, don't you think, Inuyasha?”
 
“Keh.”
 
She led them to a small room where there was five children sitting in front a fire eating what looked to be some rice and dried meat.
 
“Aunt Tazuni? Who are your friends?” the boy who had bumped into Inuyasha's legs asked.
 
“I just meet them a few moments ago, they haven't had the chance to introduce themselves yet, I'm afraid.” She smiled at the boy.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Kagome, that's Inuyasha.” She pointed to him. “That's Sango and on her shoulder there's Kilala. And here's Shippo.” She patted Shippo's head, who happened to be on her shoulder. “And that's Miroku.” She pointed.
 
She bowed. “I'm Tazuni.” She sat down between a girl and a boy around ten years old, they appeared to be twins. She pointed to the girl beside her. She had light brown hair that reached to her med back; she wore a plain green kimono with pink flowers. “This is Miki.” She patted the knee of the boy who sat on the other side of her. “Nati.” He looked exactly like the girl but with a boyish haircut. “Shiro.” She pointed to the boy who they had met at the door. “That's Mitsuki and Atsuki.” She pointed to two girls across from her. They both had matching Kimono's on, one blue the other brown. “ Please sit down and help yourselves, there's plenty.”
 
“Mama still needs her lunch.” Miki told her.
 
“Yes, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about her. Hers is still cooking.” She smiled at the girl.
 
“Why is a demon like you here with these human children?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
He caught her of guard. “Their mother is dying. I'm trying to help her feel comfortable in her last few weeks and to take care of the kids until I find a nice home for them to be in.” She answered him.
 
“That's a nice thing for you to do for them.” Miroku told her. “Are you a healer?”
 
“No, I never had the chance to finish my training.”
 
“Why?”
 
“That's a long story. I don't want to bore you.” Changing the subject. “Why are you looking for the jewel shards?” She looked at Inuyasha.
 
“I want to become a full fledge demon.” He told her.
 
“And you're going to use the jewel, right?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
She looked down to the floor and shook her head. “Why do you want to become a full demon? Your making a big mistake trying to change who you are.”
 
Inuyasha glared at her. “You don't know me. I have to become a full demon so I can protect the ones I care about, and I can't do that if I'm a half demon.”
 
“Inuyasha do you know what will happen if you use the jewel? What you will become will not be what you want. You'll become something frightening, and instead of protecting you'll destroy everything you have work so hard for.”
 
“You don't know anything. You don't know what it has been like being a half demon. You don't have a right to say those things.”
 
Tazuni looked at Kagome and saw hurt in her eyes, she knew she was specking the truth; Inuyasha was either to stupid or didn't want to see the truth. Either way he was making the wrong decision, and everyone knew it.
 
“Yes, I don't, sorry.” She apologized.
 
If was quiet for the remaining five minutes, until their was a moaning for the room next to theirs. “Mama needs you, Aunt Tazuni.” Miki told her.
 
“Yes it's time for her lunch, be right back.” She smiled at the guests.
 
“Why do you call her Aunt when she's not even close to being a relative to you kids?” Sango asked Miki.
 
“She's been here sense Mama's been ill. She's been taking care of us and mother, and she's been so nice to us, I don't want her to go, none of us do but Mama's not been getting better this week, and Shiro says Mama's not going to make it. I don't want her to die, she can't leave us like Daddy did.” Tears began to form in her eyes.
 
“Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen.” Miroku told the girl.
 
“What do you know? All you are is a pathetic monk. You don't know what's going to happen to us when Mama dies we'll probably go to some crazy guys home and get beaten.” Shiro almost yelled at Miroku.
 
“That's enough!” Tazuni said in a harsh voice from the doorway. “Your mother is sleeping and don't you dare disturb her, she's weak and needs to get her energy back up.”
 
“Sorry, Aunt Tazuni.” Shiro dropped his gaze to the floor.
 
“Can I see the lady and try to help you out?” Miroku asked her.
 
“Yes, after she awakens.”
 
“Alright.”
 
After all the children had eaten, they went outside to play while the adults stayed inside.
 
“Why do you have the jewel shards?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well, when I was looking after this family, one day I had sensed a demon and went to investigate what was going on. And I had found a demon with the jewel shards and it wasn't acting normal so I toke the shards from him and he thanked me and walked away. I guess it didn't want the shards.” She told them her short story.
 
“Maybe something happened when the demon had found the shards or something…” Kagome suggested.
 
“Maybe.”
 
“Why did you take the shards? You could have just left it there and done nothing.” Inuyasha told her.
 
She looked at Inuyasha. “And what would have happened if I left it alone? It could have done something to the village, it was very close too. What would you have done Inuyasha?”
 
“I would have done the same thing you did, but for different reasons.”
 
“So what's the difference? We do the same thing and get the same reward. But I have no use for the jewel, what can it do for me? I'm strong enough in my eyes. Are you, Inuyasha, strong in your own eyes?”
 
“Of course I'm strong.” He told her.
 
“But why do you need the jewel shards if you're strong? Don't give me that you're not strong enough to beat your enemy, cause you are, you just haven't realized it yet. Give it time and train and become stronger. You don't need a jewel that makes you strong and powerful, all you need is to live your life to the fullest and train yourself to become stronger. If you take the jewel and wish on it, your cheating yourself and the others you've become close to, you'll make things worse. Trust me train yourself and become what you've always wanted.”
 
“But I'll still be a half demon.”
 
“Who cares? Kagome doesn't or your friends. Think what's best for everyone. It's better to destroy the jewel then wish on it.”
 
“Inuyasha, maybe she's right.” Miroku told him.
 
“Keh.” Inuyasha mumbled and walked out the door.
 
“That was I little harsh.” Kagome said.
 
“He needs to learn to trust people and make good decisions for himself and others if he wants to become strong.” She said and looked to the door where Inuyasha had just gone out of a few moments ago.
 
“Your wiser then you look. How old are you?” Miroku asked her.
 
“Over nine hundred, I've lost count.” She chuckled to herself.
 
“Wow you're that old? You don't look a day older then twenty.” Miroku told her.
 
“Thanks.” She said and smiled.
 
A/N: tell me if you like it, and if you do I'll make another chapter. Sesshomaru will come next chapter or the one after.