InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Some Thing's Are Better Forgotten ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Some Things Are Better Forgotten
 
Chapter 2
 
Last time on Some Things Are Better Forgotten
 
“How old are you?” Miroku asked her.
 
“Over nine hundred, I've lost count.” She chuckled to herself.
 
“Wow you're that old? You don't look a day older then twenty.” Miroku told her.
 
“Thanks.” She said and smiled.
 
 
They had been telling Tazuni all about the Shikon Jewel and Naraku, all afternoon, that they lost track of time.
 
“Why don't you stay for the night? We have lots of room.” Tazuni asked Inuyasha.
 
“Sure, why not.” Kagome answered for him. She was starting to make a habit out of it.
 
“Well, I have to start making supper.” Tazuni told them.
 
“Let me help you.” Kagome said to her.
 
“Thank you, that would be nice of you.”
 
 
After they had finished eating supper the sun was already down, the moon high in the sky and the stars shining and lighting the ground below.
 
“Time to get ready for bed.” Tazuni said to the children.
 
“You have to tell us the rest of the story you were going to finish. You promised!” Atsuki cooed, with excitement.
 
“Yes, don't worry I'll tell you the rest when your ready for bed.”
 
“Can we say goodnight to Mother first?” Mitsuki asked her.
 
“Of course.” She answered her, a glance of sadness in her eyes. She knew something that would tear at their hearts.
 
“Yay, Mama!” Miki yelled running to the room where her mother was. Her brothers and sisters following close behind her.
 
“Can I see the lady before she falls asleep?” Miroku asked.
 
“Yes after the kids are done getting ready for bed.” She told him.
 
He nodded.
 
After they were done getting ready for bed, Tazuni and Miroku headed for the Lady's room.
 
“She's not going to last the night.” Miroku said. It was more like a statement then a question.
 
“No she's not, I can smell death coming off her in waves.”
 
“What's going to happen to the kids?”
 
“They're going to a wonderful home in the village. I got everything set up. The couple always wanted children but they can't, so they're going to take them in.”
 
“What are you going to do after all this?” Miroku asked her.
 
“I don't know. I never thought about it. I'll probably just travel around and help someone if they need it. If not I don't know what I'm going to do.”
 
Miroku had an idea. “Why don't you travel with us? We could us the help.”
 
“I'll think about it.” She told him.
 
“Were ready for bed now, you have to tell the rest of the story.” A voice yelled from a different room.
 
“Coming.” She answered; she got up and walked towards the door. “Are you coming?” she asked Miroku.
 
“Sure.”
 
They walked to another room were there was five mats on the floor and one child on each one.
 
“So where was I?” Tazuni asked them, while sitting down on the floor beside Miki. Miroku still standing by the doorway, leaning on the frame.
 
“Umm… you were at the part where the demon boy's mother had died and he was all sad and upset.” Miki told her. “And that was when he started being all mean to the demon girl.”
 
“Oh, now I remember where I was at. The boy still hadn't gotten over the death of his mother, and he blamed both himself and the girl. But the girl did try to save her and failed and she tried to remind him that she tried her best. But he wouldn't listen to her and tried to kill her but only ended up injuring her badly. When he tried to give the killing blow her younger sister stepped in front of her and toke it for her. She ended up dying that night.
 
“He left them and the girl survived and she still lives to this day and same with the boy but I don't know what happened to him, I hear his father died a little after that and now he has a little half brother too.” She told the rest of the story.
 
“Owww that's so sad!” they all cried out.
 
“Yes, now its time for bed.” She tucked them all in. “Have a good sleep.”
 
Tazuni and Miroku left the room and started walking to the room where Inuyasha and the others were.
 
“Where did you learn that story?” Miroku asked her.
 
“Personal history.” She looked at him sadly.
 
`Personal history? What does she mean! ' Miroku asked himself.
 
When they went into the room Shippo and Kilala were already asleep. Inuyasha was sitting agenised the wall, Kagome was closer to the fire, right across from Inuyasha, and Sango was sitting right beside her.
 
Miroku walked right to Sango and sat beside her. And Tazuni went to the wall across from the one Inuyasha was leaning on, and sat down.
 
Kagome yawned. “I'm going to bed, goodnight.” She pulled her sleeping bag out of her big yellow backpack, and climbed in.
 
“Goodnight.” Everyone said at the same time.
 
Kagome got comfortable her breathing slowed until she had fallen asleep. There was nothing for anyone to say so the room went quite. Everyone staring into the fire lost in their own thoughts.
 
There was a scream from the room beside them.
 
“Mama wake up! Wake up, Mama!” Miki's screams could be heard from the Lady's room.
 
Tazuni stood up and ran to the room in a flash. When she was in the room she saw Miki shaking her mother's shoulders in a front and back motion, trying to wake her up, her head hitting the floor each time Miki pulled her back.
 
“Miki, STOP!” Tazuni grapped onto the girl's shoulders. “You're not doing her any good doing that, stop!”
 
By the time Miki stopped shaking her mother the other children had awakened and come to their mother's room hearing Miki's screams for her to wake up, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and Kagome (who had just woken up) went to see what all the screaming was about.
 
“No, Mama's not waking up what's wrong with her?!” She asked Tazuni her arms flying around her waist, and holding tightly. “No…please be…alright.” She mumbled into Tazuni's kimono.
 
Tazuni hugged the crying girl back. “Don't worry! Everything will be fine!”
 
Shiro looked at them, not believing what Tazuni had said. “How do you know?” he went over to his mother's side, and leaned over her. “She's not alright!” he put his hand over her mouth, his hand slightly touching her lips. “She's not even b-breathing!” his voice cracked.
 
“Please don't upset your sibling more!” Tazuni told him. Mitsuki and Atsuki had started crying.
 
Nati wasn't sure what was going on at the moment. “What do you mean `she not breathing'?!” He asked his older brother.
 
“Are you blind? SHE'S DEAD! NOT LIVING! GONE!” His voice gave way and he starting crying, tears running down his cheeks.
 
Nati just stared at his brother. “What?” His eyes were starting to fill with tears. He looked to Tazuni and she nodded. He was finally realizing what was happening.
 
“Shiro? Everything is going to be alright.” Tazuni moved towards him trying to calm him down.
 
He backed away from her, “NO, IT'S NOT! HOW CAN IT BE? SHE'S GONE! SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WE HAVE! IF HE HADN'T HAVE LEFT, EVERYTHING WOULD BE FINE!” he was screaming now. He ran out of the room.
 
“Shiro?!” Tazuni started to follow him (Miki still clinging to her), but Inuyasha grabbed her arm.
 
“Leave him be, he'll come back.” Inuyasha let go of her arm.
 
Tazuni nodded.
 
“Are you sure everything will be fine?” Nati asked her, still crying.
 
She nodded again. “Yes, after everyone calms down, everything will be okay.” Tazuni handed Miki to Inuyasha. “I have to tell the headmen what happened. I'll be back in half an hour.”
 
“Sure.”
 
Tazuni headed out of the hut.
 
Inuyasha put Miki down and she walked over to Nati's side.
 
The children moved to their mother's side and sat down. Mitsuki and Atsuki where on her right, hugging each other, Nati and Miki where on her other side, they too where hugging.
 
Kagome kneeled down beside Mitsuki and Atsuki, she put her arms around them, rocking back and forth, humming softly in their ears.
 
Sango did the same for Nati and Miki.
 
Miroku was kneeling beside the Lady too, his hands in a silent prayer.
 
Inuyasha was still standing near the door. He walked out of the room, and out of the hut, he started to look for Shiro. “Shiro?” Nothing, just silence. “Shiro, you can come on out now.”
 
“Go away!” his voice was coming from the north of the hut.
 
“You can't stay out here forever.” Inuyasha started to walk were he was hiding.
 
“Leave me alone!” Shiro shouted at him.
 
“What are you trying to do? Make everything go away?” Inuyasha asked him, he was getting closer to Shiro, he was sitting against the side of the hut and hugging his knees to his chest.
 
He looked up at Inuyasha; he had tears streaming down his face. “I don't have answer you! Didn't I tell you to go away?”
 
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. “Don't talk smart at me. Now, get up and comfort your sisters and brother, they need you.” Shiro looked Inuyasha straight in the eye, then back down at his knees.
 
“If he didn't leave this wouldn't have happened!”
 
“Who?”
 
“Father! If he didn't go away, everything would have been fine. Mama would have not have gotten sick. Nothing like this would happen. It's all his fault.” He was starting to cry again.
 
“Did he leave?” Inuyasha asked him.
 
“Y-Yes.” His voice cracked.
 
“Oh.”
 
“Mama once told me to forgive him but I don't think I can. Would you?”
 
“I don't think I would.” He wasn't sure with the answer.
 
Shiro stood up from were he sat, walked to Inuyasha and grabbed his hand. “I like you, your better then the other demons. Not like Aunt Tazuni is bad or anything! But you're different.” Shiro smiled up at him.
 
Inuyasha just stared back.
 
“Lets go inside.” Shiro told him while pulling him along.
 
They walked inside the hut to the other room where everyone was still in.
 
Shiro walked to Nati and Miki and kneeled down beside them. Kagome got up and walked over to Inuyasha's side.
 
Mitsuki and Atsuki walked over to the other three and they both hugged each other crying.
 
There was footsteps heard coming from the front room, and then Tazuni was standing in the doorway with the village headmen and some young couple.
 
The headmen bowed to the children. “I'm sorry about your loss, young ones. We will take care of your Mother and give her a proper grave, and we will treat you to a nice home with this wonderful family.”
 
The couple bowed.
 
They nodded.
 
Tazuni held out her hand. “Please, you kids need some sleep.”
 
Miki got up and grapped her hand. Tazuni pulled her into her arms.
 
All of the children got up and headed to the room they were sleeping in.
 
A/N: I'm stopping going to stop there. Hoped you liked it. REVIEW!
 
 
A/N: I got this chapter done in one night I'm so pored at myself, much quicker then the last, lol. Sesshomaru will be in the next chapter I promise, well he was kinda in this chapter but not really, I don't know, leave me alone.
 
 
 
 
They were looking for herbs for one of the teachers patients when