InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Some Thing's Are Better Forgotten ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thankx for the reviews!
 
Some Things Are Better Forgotten
 
Chapter 3
 
Last time on Some things Are Better Forgotten
 
“I'm sorry about your loss, young ones. We will take care of your Mother and give her a proper grave, and we will treat you to a nice home with this wonderful family.”
 
The couple bowed.
 
They nodded.
 
Tazuni held out her hand. “Please, you kids need some sleep.”
 
Miki got up and grapped her hand. Tazuni pulled her into her arms.
 
All of the children got up and headed to the room they were sleeping in.
 
 
Running, running, running! That's all she had been doing for the last couple of days.
 
“Ple-e-aase-e I-it's not-ot m-my faul-lt!” she had trouble talking, her mouth was so day. She hadn't been able to drink or eat not even slept since he had started to chase her threw the forest.
 
She had tried her best to help her, and this is what she got! For someone to hunt her like it was a game.
 
What was she supposed to do? She had nowhere to run. No family except a sister that was nowhere to be found and was probably dead or dying.
 
No one was going to help her or try. She was better off dead, or that was what people probably thought. Yup, better off dead!
 
Nothing she could do, NOTHING!
 
`Better off dead' that's what he had said, `Better off dead'. She was starting to believe that was true.
 
There had to be a way out of this forest. If she wasn't so weak she could have used her senses to get her out. She could probably kill some animal if she had the energy to do so. Then she could get out of this mess that the humans had created.
 
She should hate them for doing this to her and the ones she loved.
 
But she couldn't.
 
They had ruined everything that mattered. But still she couldn't hate them. It had been a human that had killed the lady of the lands, and a demon that had paid the price and now that same demon was blaming everything on her. A demon that she loved had turned his back on her and attacked her.
 
But still she didn't blame them, she couldn't and she could never do it.
 
But the one who had paid the price did blame the human bandits and her. He had killed them all, then attacked her thinking it was all her fault, when it wasn't. It was no ones fault but the god who had let it happen.
 
And now she was running for her life with no one on her side, but that didn't make her give up, it made her try harder, and harder.
 
He was starting to catch up with her. If he wanted to he'd already have her head, he could catch up with her in a second but he was playing cat and mouse with her, he was teasing her, playing with her mind.
 
It was not working on her, she was determined to find away out, find her sister, and get the hell away from this place, far away as she could.
 
He was very close to her now. She could barley smell him but he was still close, closer then she would have liked.
 
If any of this had happened would she still be here, running for her life? If she could have stood up for herself would she still be in this situation?…
 
There was so many ifs she could barley count them all. If this had happened…if that…if…she didn't want for this to happen. She wanted everything to just disappear.
 
He was closer to her then he was before. He could probably smell her fear, taste it too.
 
She could feel his anger coming from him, he wanted her blood, and he was expecting to get it too.
 
He was just a few meters from her. She could see him coming out of the shadows. He was wearing his usual white kimono and silver armor. On his shoulder he had his fur that he had gotten for his eighteenth birthday from his father. His long silver/blue hair flowing behind him. His bangs were hiding his eyes but on his lips he had a smile, a deadly one, one that was saying to cower in fear or you're a goner. His arms were hanging at his sides, his claws glowing a deadly acid green.
 
She knew he was going to attack her any moment but he stood still, looking at the ground.
 
“P-p-lease don't h-hurt m-me.” Again she had trouble specking.
 
“Are you afraid of what I'm going to do to you?” his voice was deep, yet gentle at the same time but he had a slit harshness to it.
 
“Please! I l-l-love you! Please don't hurt me!” she was on her knees bagging for her life.
 
“Your love means nothing to me! You're worthless to me! Your weak! Your better off dead!” he was starting to raise his voice.
 
He was moving towards her, his right claw raised to his face. His bangs weren't covering his eyes anymore; he looked like he had tears in his eyes but she thought better of it.
 
He was only a few steps away from her, if he wanted to he could have kicked her in the face, but instead he kneeled down to her level. “You disappoint me! I thought you were stronger then this. But I was wrong. Your nothing but weak like those HUMAN BANDITS!” he slapped her cheek, hard, running his poison claws into her face.
 
She pushed back and put her hands to her face, and screamed/cried out in pain.
 
“WEAK!” he was now holding her by the shoulders, sinking his claws into her flash. Again she screamed in pain.
 
He threw her against a tree, and she fell to her knees. “Get up, worthless excuse for a demon!” he grapped her by the hair and pulled her to her feet, he slammed his fist into her stomach, she winched in pain, no air in her lungs for her to cry out.
 
“Fight back and maybe I'll give you a painless death.”
 
“P-Please, n-not anymore!” she struggled to talk. She was crying now.
 
He dropped her, disgust written all over his face. “I shouldn't waste my time with you!” he put his hand out in front of her, his palm facing her. His hand glowed green.
 
“SISTER!” a young dog demon girl came out of the bushes, running full speed to the one she called sister. She flew in front of the man and stretched her arms out from her sides, facing him.
 
The green acid flew out of the demon's hand and onto the girl in front of him, what was left of the girl fell back and into her sister's lap.
 
“N-NOOOOOOO!” she put her hands to her face and cried.
 
“That brat!” the man reached over and grapped the corpse and threw it into the trees. He then grapped the girl by the hair and with his other hand he sliced at her chest until he thought she was dead. Throwing her body next to her sister's.
 
 
“N-Noooo!” Tazuni screamed as she woke up from her nightmare.
 
`Only a nightmare' she sighed.
 
There were some footsteps coming from the main room to hers. As she got a change to look around her, she saw that she was in the kids room.
 
`I must have slept with the children' she thought.
 
Miki and Kagome came into the room. “Are you alright? We heard a scream.” Kagome asked her.
 
“I only had a nightmare.” She told them.
 
“Oh!” Miki came over and hugged Tazuni. “Was it really bad?”
 
“No, I had worse.” She didn't want to frighten the little girl.
 
“Okay.”
 
Miki left Tazuni's arms and walked out the door.
 
“They're having the funeral in about an hour.” Kagome told Tazuni.
 
“Alright, I'll be out in five minutes.”
 
“Okay.” Kagome went to fallow Miki out of the room.
 
 
The funeral was like every other one before it. Sad and depressing, anger and hurt, scared and confusing.
 
The children crying and clinging to each other but mostly Tazuni. Inuyasha and his gang chose to take part of the funeral. And try to help the kids understand that their mother was never coming back.
 
And finally when the funeral came to a closing, they had to say goodbye to their old home and to move with the young couple. Most of the children were confused as to what was going on. But the two older ones, Shiro and Mitsuki, who knew everything that was going on, had to help everyone else understand and to move to their new home in the village.
 
“Are you really going to leave us all alone?” Miki asked Tazuni as she clung to her leg.
 
“Don't worry, I'll come and visit you every time I can.” Tazuni padded her head, while trying to keep her balance.
 
“Promise?!”
 
“Promise!”
 
Miki held out her arms, telling Tazuni that she wanted to be pulled into her arms.
 
“Yeah, you better come and visit us!” Shiro told her, grapping onto her waist.
 
“You don't have to worry!” she smiled down at him and he smiled back. Tears where starting to form in her eyes.
 
Nati stood in front of Tazuni, noticing her tears, “Grown ups don't cry!”
 
She kneeled down in front of him. “Yes, I know.” She smiled at him.
 
“Then why are you crying?” he pointed to her tears, they were now flowing down her cheeks.
 
“I'm not!” again she smiled at him threw her tears.
 
He nodded, then brought his clean hands to her face and wiped her cheeks, and hugged her. The other children did the same. Most of them were crying except Shiro who was trying to be strong and act like an adult.
 
 
After they had said all their goodbyes, Tazuni and Inuyasha and gang, went back to the hut, to get some of Tazuni's stuff that she needed. She had decided that she would travel with them, they probably needed her help with looking for all the shards.
 
When they got back to the hut, Tazuni told them to stay outside and wait for her.
 
“What's taking her so long?” Inuyasha asked impatiently.
 
“Inuyasha just give her a little longer, she's only been in there for about ten minutes.” Kagome tried her best to get Inuyasha to wait for her.
 
For another ten minutes when Tazuni finally came out of the hut.
 
She was wearing gray leather boots that went just below her knees. Her legs bar up to her thighs then she had some brown fur covering her lower area, and some dark blue leg armor that covered her upper thighs and her waist, (her tail was also hanging behind her). And at her hips she had two swords that where covered with sleighs (with one gold handle and the other silver), and holding them up, was a brown cloth that went around her waist. There were two gray leather straps that went from her waist and crossed at the middle of her back then reached her brown shirt that covered her chest and some of her shoulders. Her stomach and neck were bare, and she had brown cloth that covered her forearms. Her hair was hanging behind her, too her waist.
 
She also had a brown sack on her back.
 
“Are you ready to go now?” she asked Inuyasha who was still looking at her.
 
“Yes! Finally!” Inuyasha jumped down the stairs and started walking to the forest. “We'll be able to walk for about two hours then we have to make camp.” He told the others, who had just started to walk behind him. Kagome was walking right beside him, Shippo on her shoulder, Sango and Miroku behind them, and then Tazuni taking up the rear.
 
 
It was about two hours when they decided to rest for the night. It was starting to get dark.
 
Kagome was making supper, while Sango and Miroku talked about usual stuff such as Naraku and such.
 
“What the heck is that stuff?!” Tazuni asked Kagome, while she poured hot water into the bowl of ramen.
 
“It's noodles, a little more spicy then you probably have had. Inuyasha likes it though. It's from my time.”
 
“You're time?! Explain.” Tazuni leaned closer to Kagome.
 
“I come from 500 hundred years in the future. It's a little more complicated then this era. It's much nicer here then at home, fresher air.” Kagome smiled.
 
“Oh! Interesting!”
 
Kagome handed Tazuni a bowl. “Here. Try it. If you don't like, don't eat it.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Kagome handed bowls to everyone. As it turns out Tazuni ate the whole bowl and found the food quite interesting. Inuyasha had at lease three bowls and everyone else had one.
 
“Inuyasha you're going to get fat from eating all that.” Kagome teased him.
 
“Feh.”
 
They all laughed, but Inuyasha didn't find it that funny, so he threw his empty bowl at Miroku.
 
“Hey, what was that for?” Miroku asked his, taking that bowl off his head.
 
“Feh.”
 
“Inuyasha do you say that all the time?” Tazuni asked him.
 
“…Feh…”
 
“Not much of a talker, now are you?”
 
“Feh.”
 
They all laughed again. Until Inuyasha decided to ignore everyone and climb into a tree.
 
“So, Tazuni, why are you not with family or anyone like that?” Miroku asked her.
 
“I have no family. My Mother died giving birth to my sister, my Father died in battle, and my sister was killed. I have no family that I know of.”
 
“I'm sorry!” Miroku apologized.
 
“You can't do anything about it. So why apologize?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
“Exactly.”
 
It was quiet for the next couple of minutes.
 
“How did your sister die?” Inuyasha just suddenly blurred out.
 
Tazuni looked him straight in the eye. “She was killed by my childhood friend. He thought I was half at fault for his Mother's death, which I wasn't, I tried to help her, I really did but he didn't believe me so he tried to kill me and failed, but killed my sister instead.” She looked down at her hands.
 
“That's what you meant by `Personal History' you were telling the children that story, right?” Miroku guessed.
 
“Yes, your right.”
 
“How did his mother die?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
“We where looking for herbs for one of my teachers patients, when Bandits attacked us for being demons and she had tried to protect me, she had killed most of them and the rest ran away.
 
“But she had gotten hit by poison ness arrow's which at the time were deadly, well I tried to help her but the poison toke over and killed her, by then help had came put it was to late and after I blacked out and I don't remember anything after that, but waking up in my room, with my sister and teacher.
 
“After about a mouth and a half the lord of the house had left for the week that was when my childhood friend had attacked me, I was driven out of the castle and I ran into the forest while still being chased by him.
 
“I had never seen him so mad before, I can still remember him screaming at me that I was worthless and weak.
 
“He chased me around the forest for a couple of days, with no food or water, if food was nearby he would drive it away and if there was water he would chase me in the other direction away from the water, he wouldn't even let me sleep.
 
“I didn't think he could be so cruel. When he had decided that he had enough of me, he finally came close to me, he had treated me like I was an objected and not a living thing, he had beaten me with his poison claws and had tried to kill me with them too but that's when sister came and moved in front of me.
 
“She was burned to death, but I don't think she felt it, it went pretty fast. That's when he had hit me a couple of times then toke off. He probably thinks I'm dead, I'm not sure.
 
“I heard he's still alive, his father died a little while back, and he also has a brother now too, I don't think they get along that well.” She chuckled lightly.
 
They were all silent for the next minute or so, all in their own thoughts.
 
“How long had it been since you've seen him?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“A little over two hundred years.”
 
“What's his name?” Kagome asked her, she wasn't sure if she should have asked that question.
 
“Ah, it's Sesshomaru.”
 
Everyone's eye's widened.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I got this chapter done in one night I'm so happy for myself, much quicker then the last, lol. Sesshomaru will be in the next chapter I promise, well he was kinda in this chapter but not really, I don't know, leave me alone.