InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Source of Power ❯ Just the beginning...(chap. 1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Source of Power~Chapter1

Disclaimer- No, I do not own InuYasha in any shape form or fashion….yet -evil grin-

The Beginning of it All

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Kagome. I have great power running through my veins. Many people are after me to control that power. Instead of letting my family suffer, I fled.

It has been five years now, and I am seventeen. They think some horrible fate has befallen me. In a way they are right. I live on the streets now. Thankfully no one suspects me to be that missing girl. No one can find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Kagome!" Koga yelled out to the young girl relaxing in the shade. She had her long black hair tied into a ponytail, and her knees drawn up to her chest. If she did not have to appearance of a woman, people would mistake her as a man in her loose boy clothes.

"What?!" She snapped back.

"I see your still wearing men's clothes," he grinned, "What do you the ladies think?"

Kagome crossed her arms, "You know very well I do not care what they think."

"Anyway, I came here to ask-"

"No," Kagome cut him off, brushing herself off and starting to walk away.

"You didn't even let me finish!" Koga exclaimed.

"I don't need to let you finish. You have asked me the same question for the last two years!" Kagome declared, "The answer is and always will be NO!"

"Aw! Kagome please?!"

"No Koga, I'm not going to marry you, now or ever," she answered.

Koga firmly grabbed her arm. "Agree Kagome, or else,"

"Or else what? You'll murder me? Go ahead; it will solve both of our problems."

~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&am p;~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~&~ &~

InuYasha leisurely walked through the streets of his father's village, watching the pheasants go about their daily lives. Women struggled with their tots who wished to wonder away from the market stand, and men thatching roofs. He stared at the castle which loomed above all this poverty. While these people barely had enough money for bread, he had been reading books, a rare treasure these days. Sadly, that's the only life he knew.

"LET GO OF ME KOGA!" A girl shouted, drawing InuYasha's attention towards the tussle.

"Kagome, if you don't agree to my terms, things could get rough. I wouldn't want a pretty little lady like you getting hurt," the wolf demon stated.

"And if you don't let go of me I swear to Buddha I'll make sure you never walk this Earth again."

InuYasha's eyes met hers for that one small moment before Kagome was pushed to the ground, a cold knife above her.

"Agree Kagome."

"Never," she spat.

Koga delicately pressed the blade to her neck, drips of blood staining the dirt.

"Kagome, one last time," he stated at her who glared death.

"No," she hissed.

Koga continued to press the knife against her now pale skin.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you not to threaten ladies?" InuYasha asked ripping the knife away from Kagome's neck.

"Didn't yours ever teach you not to interfere in others business?" Koga retorted.

"Sadly, I'm a slow learner."

Kagome scampered away from the scene, wanting to get back on her feet before she was trampled. Koga had no other insult for the retort…so he did the next best thing. He threw a punch. InuYasha quickly dodged it only allowing the young man to knock off his hat. InuYasha cursed as Koga dropped to his knees.

"Your highness! I ask your forgiveness!" (A/N: That looks funny! 0_o Forgiveness…)

"You have mine, but the lady's I'm not so sure of. Maybe a month in jail will teach you not to threaten people." He answered, "And you better show up. I know who you are now."

Kagome quickly thrust herself off the wall she was leaning on, "Well…Um…Thanks. I'll be going now if you don't-"

"Oh I don't think so," InuYasha said, "I saved your life."

"What will it be?" Kagome sighed.

"You will serve as my servant until further notice."

"Joy," Kagome added silently.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well…What did you think? Oh, and just to let you know…I have this tiny problem, just tiny of -says really fast- becoming unmotivated and quitting stories….

SOOOOOO….If you could PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEEEEAAASSSEEE review and help me stay focused, I'd REALLY appreciate it! ^^

Thankies!

~Shmi