InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Strength of Bond ❯ Is it real? ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Edited: 4/18/04

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

Warning: Lemon in Chapter

Chapter 2

She awoke the next morning, sprawled on the floor beside her bed. Her pajamas were crumpled from sleep, and one of the bed sheets was tangled around her legs. She rolled her eyes, not the least surprised she didn't survive the night in her bed. It was a known fact that Kagome Higurashi was notorious for falling out of beds, couches, chairs, trees, and even cars. She wasn't a klutz, per say, just very, very talented.

She sighed and stretched her arms above her chest. Her muscles were a little soar, but she chocked that up to archery practice the day before. She glanced over towards her bed, which was a state of disaster. She laughed inwardly, at how it looked like she had battled with an adversary upon it. She blushed inwardly, recalling her dream. She wondered if she had been so consumed by it, that her family may have heard her. Considering that her door was still closed, she suspected her mother hadn't heard.

She glanced back to her sheets, noticing that something was off. Her comforter was strewn more towards the end and tangled around her legs. Typically when she fell out of bed, the sheets were there and the comforter was smashed up against the wall and bottom of the bed. Even stranger was the fact that the mattress cover and her bed sheets were gone. She blinked a couple times wondering why this was. Hadn't she put the sheets on her bed yesterday evening? She shrugged her shoulders, guessing she probably forgot to do her laundry yesterday.

She pushed herself off the floor, wincing slightly when she felt pain between her legs. She was startled at first, wondering if her dream last night had been real. However, like the bed sheets missing, she reasoned it had to be from riding her bike too long yesterday. Carefully, she padded over to her dresser, pulling out some undergarments before heading to the closet to pull out her green school uniform for winter. This outfit consisted of a pleated green skirt and a long-sleeved white sailor collar shirt, with green collar. The school logo was fixed on a small breast pocket as well as on the back of the sailor collar. With one last glance at her disheveled room, she wandered over to the bathroom across the hall, not noticing that her window was closed this morning.

After a hot shower, which helped her tired and aching muscles, she dressed and headed down stairs to breakfast. She left her ebony hair down to dry, not really caring if it was starting to drench her clothes. Her mother was currently cooking asparagus and ham to go with some eggs and toast. She appeared to be humming some sort of song, though Kagome's tired ears couldn't decipher the tune. Instead, she carefully took a seat at the kitchen table, yawning slightly, and trying to convince herself to wake up.

"Did you sleep well, Kagome-san?"

"Hai, okaasan. I had a very nice dream last night. It made me not want to wake up this morning."

"I gathered that. I found you earlier this morning on the floor." So much for her mother not checking in on her. "By they way dear, did you forget to make your bed last night?"

Kagome nodded her head sleepily. "Yeah, gomen nasai. I'll make sure to do it for tonight."

Kagome's mother smiled and turned towards the girl. "You don't have to apologize to me. I, after all, do not sleep in your bed," She paused for a moment before adding, "and apparently you don't either."

Kagome blushed. "I need to work on that."

Her mother laughed, before putting a filled breakfast plate before her daughter. "Eat up."

"Where's Souta?" Kagome asked, picking up her fork.

"Went to school an hour ago, why?"

Kagome froze in movement of shoveling the food in her mouth. Only then did she turn her eyes to glance at the clock. It was ten o'clock, and school had started almost two hours ago for her.

"Mom! Why didn't you wake me up for school?"

Kagome's mother turned. "I tried four times this morning, Kagome-chan, but you didn't wake up. I don't blame you, though. You looked extremely exhausted, almost like you hadn't slept a wink all night. So after the forth time, I just left you alone."

"I had a test in my first class today!" Kagome snapped.

"Yes. I called the school and said you weren't feeling well today. Your homeroom teacher, Mr. Akisawa, will allow you to retake the test when you come back to school."

Kagome's eyes widened. Her mother had lied to her homeroom teacher. That was surprising and a little unusual. "So, what does that mean I do today?"

Her mother wandered over to the table, a breakfast plate in her hands. "I suggest you rest up, dear. You still look like you went through hell and back."

Kagome didn't deny that. She did feel a little more than tired.

"Do your laundry and take a nap on the couch. By tomorrow, I'm sure you will feel good as new."

Kagome nodded. She slowly ate her breakfast, while her mother turned on a small TV that rested on the kitchen counter. One `soap opera' later, she was done, standing up from the table and carrying her plate to the sink. She made her way towards the laundry room, located right next to the stair well. When she entered, she looked through the dirty laundry, searching for her sheets. When she didn't find them, she opened up the cabinets above the washer and dryer to see if she put them there. They were empty, as was the washer and dryer. That was odd.

She shuffled from the room and headed back upstairs to her bedroom. She opened up her closet and moved aside some of her shoes to an area where she frequently tossed dirty laundry. Nothing was there, nor was there anything in the shelvings above her clothes in the closet. She checked under the bed, around the bed, in her dressers, and even her personal laundry basket. Still she couldn't find them anywhere.

Just as she was about to give up, a chime rang, signaling that someone was at the door. She heard the muffled conversation of her mother and another individual. A moment later the soft sound of the door closing ended the conversation. She heard more shuffling around, getting closer to the stair well.

"Kagome dear, you have a package."

Kagome exited the room, her eyes wide and confused. Who would send her a package? Her birthday was five months away. She trudged downstairs and her mother handed her a 'dry cleaning' type package. Inside- she could see through the plastic wrap- was her mattress cover and sheets.

"Dear, next time use the washer when you want to wash your sheets. It's much cheaper than dry cleaning."

Kagome nodded, dumbly, her mouth open. Something was decidingly very odd about today. And it all seemed to stem from the dream last night. Was it a dream, or was she losing her mind and forgetting things she'd done? Well, she was pretty absentminded so she could have forgotten about the sheets. What had she been doing yesterday? Funny thing was, she couldn't recall a single thing from yesterday. Only the dream appeared to be the memory she knew from today and yesterday. She shook her head, deciding her mother was right about the need for sleep. She was going to loose her mind at this rate. Carefully she returned to her room, making the bed, before crashing into a dreamless sleep once again.

~~-LEMON-~~

That night she held a smiler dream to the last, but this time when the being entered her, it had not been accompanied by too much pain. She was tender there, of course, but much more accommodating for the being. She had been a far more active participant this time as well, running her hands over flesh she could not see. Her mouth had been smothered with his, muffling the moans she practically screamed. The being was still gentle, coaxing almost, as if to make sure she felt no pain. After their first climax, she felt slightly tired as if her energy was being drained from her. In a sense, she could almost feel the presence of the other being siphoning off something from her.

She did not get to contemplate that feeling for long, as the being shifted their position, sliding out of her in order to place her stomach against the warmed sheets. She felt him drag his nails along her spine, causing ripples of shivers to course through her body. It traced small patterns on the back of her legs, arms, and back. She muffled a giggle as he danced the appendages over tender areas.

Then he replaced the main feeling of his hands with his warm tongue, as he dragged it along the spine starting from her tail bone and finishing at her collar bone. He lapped distractedly at a spot on her neck, that tingled in response to something she didn't understand. He then took his hands and parted her thighs, letting her thigh feel the extent of his desires. He gently flitted his hands along the smooth body dragging her body up onto her hands and knees.

She didn't have to guess what was going to happen this time. Unusual, she thought for a vampire to choose such a position, but she'd never met one in the first place. Maybe the vampire was part canine or feline. Nah, books don't say anything weird like that these days. Okay so, maybe the being wasn't a vampire. But then what about those fangs?

She gasped slightly as she felt him nip her shoulder with said fangs. She lost coherent thought, after a swift thrust of his hips as he had entered her again, filling the cavity of her womanhood. The action brought a strangled cry to her lips, which she quickly stifled into her pillow. A warm, smooth chest molded to her arched back as his fingers traveled down and interlaced her own. He paused a moment, as if savoring the feelings before he started to move.

He was rougher this time, almost primal as the thrusts became urgent and frenzied. She pushed herself into his embrace allowing him to continue to guide her and not break her. All the while, the being's face nuzzled into her shoulder, as she withered beneath. His pants were more growls than breathing, and again she pondered what this being was, other than male.

When they climaxed, she released her scream into the pillow as the being's released his own silently into the night, heard only by those of unique hearing qualities. She was brought back to earth in a surprising quick motion at the feeling of teeth sinking into her flesh. She was lost again, however, as the being moved inside her, sending herself into another tidal wave of feeling. When she came back down, she curled into the strong chest that now formed a barrier around her limp form, sapped of strength.

The being rolled to the side, pulling himself out of her. Tonight, she knew he would stay beside her, making the scent of his being permeate into her skin. A contented growl rumbling silently in his chest as he pulled the her towards him. As she drifted off into sleep, she had no thought to the pain on her shoulder, nor thought to why she knew he would stay beside her the rest of this dream.

He on the other hand had different thoughts running though his head. Soon his duty would be done. Soon his future would be sealed. Soon his mate would know and be known. All he had to do was wait just a little longer and finish the bonding.

~~-END of LEMON-~~

Kagome awoke the next afternoon to the eyes of a concerned mother. She tired to sit up, but her mother pushed her back down on the bed.

"Stay still Kagome, dear."

"What happened? What's wrong?" she asked through parched lips.

"You've been in a near comatose state all morning. It's almost three o'clock in the afternoon." Her mother rubbed a hand across her daughters forehead, thankful that the severe temperature of the morning was gone. "I think you've caught the flu, my dear. You had a nasty little fever this morning when I came to wake you."

Kagome didn't say anything.

"I took the liberty of closing your window. You need to learn to close it at night. It's winter after all."

Kagome nodded her head slightly, before wincing and closing her eyes. That simple movement had caused severe dizziness.

"By the way, Kagome. Do you know where you got that bite mark from?"

"Bite mark?" asked Kagome, confused beyond belief. "What bite mark?"

"The one just above your collar bone."

Kagome lifted an arm up to feel for the mark. When her hand had grazed over it, she had to clench her eyes such to keep from making any noise. It hadn't been painful, far from it actually. And that was the start of her realizations. Her dreams were not dreams. They were real and the being in them had been the cause for all the things wrong at the moment. Who was it? Or a better question was, what was it?

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------

Added 4/18/04

Translation notes and Pronunciation:

Kagome Higurashi- (Kah- go- meh) Kagome is actually a poem that children in Japan will sing. Basically her name would mean Caged bird like in the poem.

Higurashi- (He-goo-rah-shee) A clear toned cicada.

-san- (Sah-n) Used at the end of names- typically used only by family members. Unisexual.

Hai- (hi) Yes.

Okaasan- (oh-kaah-sah-n) Mother. To pronounce really stress the aah as a short ah will give you Aunt instead of Mother.

Gomen nasai- (go-meh-n nah-sigh) I am very sorry. Very formal.

Souta- (soh-tah) Depending on Kanjii his name can mean anything from highly respected priest to just plain ol' highly admired and respected.

Akisawa- (ah-key-sah-wah) Autumn swamp.