InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stuck In The Void With You ❯ Stuck In The Void with You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Stuck In The Void With You
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Sesshomaru x Kagome
Genre: Romance/Angst
Summary: Everyone knows about Miroku's wind tunnel. But did anyone ever think to consider what lies deep within the void itself? And what would happen if Sesshomaru and Kagome were sucked in when Sesshomaru uses her as a shield in battle?
­­­­­­­­­ 3;­­­­­­­­­­­­& #173;­­­­­Chapter 1
The clash of metal against disgusting muck was heard as a silver haired hanyou with deep-set amber eyes tried to destroy the other half demon he was currently battling. A raven-haired woman stood to the distance watching as her companions fought against their greatest enemy. Trees of the greenest green surrounded them as they fought. The ground was clear with grass and dirt with rocks.
The raven-haired girl turned and looked at her best friend as she battled against the wind demon herself. The woman was known as Sango the demon slayer. Her Hiraikotsu skillfully flying through the air catching the woman Kagura off guard and knocking her to the grounds below. Sango smirked.
The miko turned to the left and saw her other friend the lecherous monk. He was battling another one of Naraku's minions. He used his talisman spells and his monk staff to attack the demon born from Naraku.
Thegirl turned back to the silver haired hanyou Inuyasha and gasped. This was a very rare occurrence. Brother and brother fighting side by side to defeat the ultimate threat.
Inuyasha's half brother Sesshomaru was also trying to get rid of Naraku so that his companion Rin didn't have to turn the corner every time with worry of a demon of Naraku attacking. This still troubled the young Miko.
Why did Sesshomaru travel with a human girl? I thought he hated humans…? The girl was at a loss. “Kagome? Fire your arrow at Naraku!” Inuyasha shouted.
Kagome gave a nod. “Right.” She took out her bow and slung and arrow over her shoulder from her satchel and aimed the arrow with deadly accuracy. At last she let the arrow fly and it hit Naraku Square in the chest. His eyes widened as Inuyasha took that moment to use his backlash wave. But Naraku got away before the beam could hit him.
“Damn.” Inuyasha muttered. “He got away again.”
“But look Inuyasha!” Kagome shouted running over to the spot where Naraku had previously been. Sesshomaru's eyes followed the girl as well as Inuyasha's. “He dropped the jewel shards!” Kagome was overjoyed. Inuyasha too was quite pleased. They only had two more shards and the Shinkon no Tama was finished.
“Now, can you tell me Sesshomaru, why you are here?” Inuyasha asked turning on his `half brother'. Sesshomaru just gave his brother a dry look and turned and started to walk away.
Kagome was watching as he left. “Don't you walk away from me!” Inuyasha suddenly attacked his brother.
“Wait Inuyasha!” Kagome stepped forward. Sesshomaru dodged Inuyasha's reckless attack easily. The Taiyoukai drew his weapon and turned to Inuyasha. Kagome was watching when she shook her head and positioned her bow and aimed it at the silver haired demon.
“Kagome?” Inuyasha shouted. “This is my battle!”
But the miko had already fired the arrow. It was going straight at Sesshomaru with deadly speed. Miroku and Sango were now watching the battle. Miroku started to unwrap the beads around his right wrist. Sesshomaru dodged the arrow as well.
Kagome's eyes widened. How did he…
A lone force stood behind a tree behind the battle. He was unnoticed…unseen by the others.
“WIND TUNNEL!” Miroku shouted as the black mist went flying at Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru dodged and sped towards the frozen miko. Kagome's eyes widened even more. Miroku's wind tunnel followed Sesshomaru's movements even if the demon was faster.
“Miroku no!” Sango shouted.
Sesshomaru finally made it to his destination and wrapped on arm around Kagome's waist and the other around her shoulders and neck. She gasped. Sesshomaru's arm was back! But…how was that possible.
Sesshomaru, thinking that the monk would stop his attack if he saw that one of his friends was in danger, held tightly onto the girl Kagome. Kagome had her hands on Sesshomaru's left arm staring at Miroku with wide eyes.
“Kagome!” Inuyasha shouted running forward. The wind tunnel finally landed on Sesshomaru and Kagome. They started moving forward. Sesshomaru planted his feet deep into the earth, hoping it would stop his journey…towards the monk's hand.
“I-I can't stop it!” Miroku shouted. Sango and Inuyasha gasped. “I can't move!”
“What's going on!” Sango shouted over the sound of trees and bushes being pulled from their roots and into the void.
Sesshomaru was still trying to keep himself and the girl from being sucked in, when suddenly his feet gave way and he and Kagome were traveling at amazing speed towards Miroku.
“KAGOME!” Inuyasha was still trying to get to the girl. Kagome had long turned around and clung to Sesshomaru's traditional Gi with a slight pink tint on her cheeks as Sesshomaru held onto her still.
This can't be happening! Kagome and Sesshomaru thought. Try as Miroku may, he could not stop as Sesshomaru and Kagome disappeared into the black mist of his wind tunnel.
Miroku was finally able to cover his wind tunnel, but at a great cost. “Kagome…” He muttered.
The lone figure in the bushes smirked. His work here was done and now all he had to do was destroy that troublesome half demon and the other two.
Shippo, who had long been hiding in fear of getting hurt, came out. Wondering why the others looked sad, he walked up to Sango who was crying on Kirara's beautiful fur.
“What happened?” Sango only cried harder.
Shippo scoffed and walked over to Miroku who was sitting on a rock with tears also forming in his eyes. He kept muttering over and over… “It's all my fault…”
Then Shippo, still totally confused, walked over to Inuyasha who was staring at a large whole in the ground in pure shock. “Inuyasha…what happened?”
“LORD SESSHOMARU!” Cried a very beautiful little girl wearing a traditional orange kimono. “Where are you!” Behind her stood a toad demon named Jaken.
The two looked over at Inuyasha also wondering what was going on. “They…they're gone…into…Miroku's wind tunnel…” They all stared at Inuyasha with wide eyes and disbelief.
“No…” Rin said as she started backing up with tears in her eyes. “Lord Sesshomaru!” She turned and started crying in Jaken's shoulder. Jaken was in shock as was a now crying Shippo.
A/N: Well…waddya all think? I hope you all like it. Next chapter you'll find out what lies deep within the void! Well review and I'll update! The next chapter will also be longer.