InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Plans ❯ I Know What You're Going To Say ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha!

I don't know if I want to continue this story. If I get ten reviews that want me to continue it I will!

---------oOo----------

"Kagome!" The young girl exclaimed running through the door and leaping into the teenage girl's arms.

"Rin! What are you doing here?" Kagome wasn't upset, but she was a little nervous.

"Lord Sesshomaru and Master Jaken went off to look for a demon and said to wait nearby. I saw this cabin and I thought I'd wait in here since it started raining."

"You're okay, right?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm so happy to see you Kagome! Now I won't be lonely!"

InuYasha chose that moment to walk in the door.

"Oi, Kagome I caught Sesshomaru's scent and...What is she doing here?"

"Come on InuYasha, that's not a nice thing to say!"

"I ain't trying to be mean I was just wonderin'!"

"Can I stay here for awhile Lord InuYasha?"

"Wha?! Don't call me that!"

"Let me translate for you Rin..." Kagome sometimes wished he would just say what he meant once and awhile, "'Of course you can stay, but please just call me InuYasha.' That's what you meant, right InuYasha?"

"Feh." Was Kagome's only answer.

----------oOo----------

"Lord Sesshomaru? May I ask where we are heading M'Lord?"

"His scent is near." The stoic demon answered. He had noticed the scent a few miles back. True the rain dimmed his senses somewhat, but not enough to deminish that revolting stench.

"Who's My Lord?"

"Naraku."

"Are you Lord Sesshomaru?" A voice from behind asked. Sesshomaru elegantly twirled around while withdrawing Tokijin at the same time.

"Who are you?"

"I am called Daisuke. I was told to kill you. Do you know why I have to kill you?"

"Hmm...What are you getting at?" Sesshomaru could sense the sincerity of the tone of Daisuke's voice. What was this demon up to?

"I don't know why I am sent to kill you. I don't really wish to. Please don't take this personally." Daisuke all of a sudden sprang forward sprinting toward Sesshomaru.

"You won't be able to kill me."

All of a sudden Daisuke clapped his hand together and slowly brought them apart. While he kept moving at his same speed Sesshomaru's movements were slowed to an eighth of his speed.

'What is this demon?' Sesshomaru didn't have a lot of time to ponder as Daisuke pulled a sword out of no where and pierced Sesshomaru through the stomach.

"Agh."

"You hide your pain well, Lord Sesshomaru." Daisuke said as he pulled his sword out painfully slow. Suddenly time returned to its normal speed as Sesshomaru landed on his feet and then slid down on to his knees.

"Daisuke." A quiet voice said.

Sesshomaru turned his head to his right just in time to see a young girl appear out of the shadows. He noticed immediatly her scent or lack there of. He noted that she also had no aura.

'If she knows the demon who smells like Naraku, then-'

"Tell me, are you another of Naraku's minions?"

"My name is Kanna." Kanna slowly stepped towards Sesshomaru and bent toward his ear. "Lord Sesshomaru, a few miles away your brother is staying in a cabin. Your ward is with him and his priestess. I suggest to head towards them and heal. Daisuke's sword has poison built in to it. If you rest your body will recover."

"Why do you wish to help me?"

Kanna didn't answer she merely toward Jaken and told him to take Sesshomaru in the woods.

"You'll know where your brother is. Come Daisuke." And with that Kanna and Daisuke turned back toward the forest and disappeared.

"My Lord, are we going to do as she says."

Sesshomaru slowly stood and walked over toward AhUn in the nearby clearing. He didn't know what Naraku was up to, but there was no point in fighting the inevitable. He knew that the poison would spread the more he moved and he had no desire to die.

"Come Jaken. We will retrieve Rin."

----------oOo----------

"Kagome, do you think Lord Sesshomaru will be okay?"

"Keh, it will take a hell of a lot to kill that bastard."

"InuYasha, watch your language!"

"I'll say whatever the hell I want bit-"

"SIT!"

A lound 'thump' resounded through the small hut followed by a series of giggles. Rin crawled from Kagome's lap over to InuYasha's head.

"Hey InuYasha?"

"What do ya want brat?"

"Can I touch your ears?"

"What?"

"Please?" Rin gave her best smile while batting her eyes at him.

"Fine."

Rin put her hand and his ears and started tweaking them. She couldn't keep in her giggle when his ears tweaked away from her fingers for a minute then going back to their original positions. Rin never would have guessed how velvety his ears were. She noticed that the pink of his ears felt different they were more fuzzy.

Kagome smiled at InuYasha's expression. She didn't care what he said. The guy had a soft spot for kids and he liked having his ears rubbed. Whenever she had a chance to, she'd rub them and she always loved the soft purr he'd make after a couple of minutes of minastrations under her fingers. She turned her head back towards the fire and the pot of stew she was making.

After a couple of minutes she heard the inevitable purr from InuYasha's chest and Rin's squeal of delight.

"Kagome, Kagome! InuYasha purrs!"

"I do not!"

"Sure you do!"

"Keh whatever."

Rin and Kagome shared a quick giggle before Kagome went back to the stew. When she looked over and InuYasha she couldn't help but smile. Rin was snuggled in his arms sitting on his lap. InuYasha was leaning his chin on the top of her head looking around the room when his eyes met Kagome's she smiled again.

"You know InuYasha..."

"Yeah, yeah I know."

"What?"

"I know what you were going to say."

"Oh, really? Well, what was I going to say?"

"You were either going to say that she's so adorable or that I would be a good father, right?"

"Well, you're wrong."

InuYasha gave her a curios look. "What were you going to say then?"

"I was going to say both."



A/N: I hope InuYasha isn't out of character, but I think he is good with kids when it counts. Especially human kids since he would probably feel like they were to fragile and could get hurt easily. Anyway, if I get ten reviews in two days I'll continue this story. Also I'm writing yet another story and I just put up a new one yesturday. Check it out! :)

-AnimeGurlie