InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sunset Meetings ❯ Sunset Meetings ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

She stood at the apex of the hill, filing her eyes with the absolute beauty of the moment.  The sun was setting over the village and InuYasha stood looking to something off in the distance.  The sun gleamed off of his silvery hair, turning it a bright golden brown to match his eyes.  As if on cue, those beautiful amber orbs turned to her, startled to see that she was looking at him.  He smiled shyly and sent her a small wave.  She giggled and returned the gesture, making her way down the hill to join him.  He'd never appeared even remotely shy before.  She liked the look in his eyes.  He reminded her more of an adorably innocent child than the dangerous hanyou she'd come to...love?  Was that what this was?  She smiled to herself as she joined him, realizing that it must be so.  She shot small glances at the lovely creature next to her, unaware that he did the same thing when she wasn't looking.  After a long, blistering silence, InuYasha turned to her and simply stared.  She returned his gaze, a questioning expression gracing her face.  She had a sudden fluttering in her stomach as she looked into his eyes.  She was lost.

"Kagome," he whispered, snapping her out of her trance.

"Mmm?" was all she could manage before she was sucked back into his burning gaze.  She was a moth to a flame, and she knew it.

"Kagome, I-" He seemed unable to find the words.  He sighed, exasperated with himself.  Sango and Kirara had taken Shippou with them to the Taijia's village and the houshi was in the next village over staying with an old friend.  It was the perfect time to tell her, but now he just couldn't.

"InuYasha," she breathed, "Whatever it is, please, just tell me."  Her eyes revealed her concern.  He smiled as he felt himself leaning into her almost imperceptibly.

"Kagome," he began again.  "I've been waiting so long to do this..."  He quickly closed the distance between their lips before his mind could talk him out of it as it had so many times before.  Kagome stood startled for a second before returning the kiss, a slight blush creeping across her delicate features.  She hadn't been expecting this.  She wasn't complaining, but...  She sighed mentally.  What better place for her first kiss with InuYasha?  She gently wrapped her arms around his neck, her arms acting of their own accord without consulting her brain first.  That organ had ceased to function the moment their lips met.  InuYasha deepened the kiss as he slid his arms around her waist.  His tongue ghosted over her lips, entreating entrance.  She gasped and his tongue darted expertly into her mouth, teasing her, daring her to retaliate.  Not knowing exactly what she was doing, she mimicked his movements, her tongue avoiding his fangs almost expertly as she greedily claimed his mouth for her own.  The kiss was long and sweet and enjoyed immensely by both involved.  Breaking for air, they separated only a short distance.  Kagome's eyes remained closed.  She wasn't sure what to do now.  Should she say something?  Should she smile?  Should she wait for him to make the next move?  She opened her eyes slowly to look at him and all reason left her barely-functioning mind.  He was looking at her, panting and smiling, his eyes aglow with a light she'd never seen before.  She smiled and fought back tears of ecstasy.  She hugged him tightly, moving her hands over his back.  She never wanted this moment to end.

"Thank you, InuYasha," she finally managed, not sure why she'd said it.

He pulled away from her to look into her eyes, an unreadable expression on his face.  "For what?"

She smiled wider.  "For the most wonderful, amazing moment of my entire life."  She allowed herself only one tear as she initiated a new kiss.  The crystal drop slid down her cheek and dropped onto her shirtfront.  She smiled into their joining.  She'd cried over and because of him so many times, but this was the first time she'd shed a happy tear.  They climbed the hill together, hand in hand, knowing that in the morning when their friends returned the teasing would have to continue to avoid suspicion.  InuYasha smiled to himself as he realized that he'd never meant any of the bad things he'd said to his Kagome (how easy it was to cal her his now!).  Tomorrow they would fall back into their normal routine, but when the sun sank into the horizon and the moon had ascended to claim the throne of the sky, his lips would again meet hers.