InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams ❯ Powers and Flashbacks ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: as you know I don't own Inuyasha. Only Rumiko does. So yaddy ya blah blah blah. You know the drill.
 
Me: well I know you've been waiting for this chappie for a while. So I'm not going to delay any further. So here it is chapter four!!!
 
 
Powers and Flashbacks
~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~) ()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~
 
 
Jumping down from the tree, Inuyasha smirked as Kagome turned around. An `eek!' was heard from her as she jumped behind her father stuttering. But instead of landing on her feet, she tripped on her father's foot that was conveniently put in her way and fell on her butt. This caused both men to chuckle.
 
“Its ok Kagome. He already knows.” Tokuto said through chuckles. An intelligent `wha?' came from her as she rubbed her abused body part.
 
“Ya `Kaggy', your father and I had a little chat while you sang.” Inuyasha smirked as her cheeks turned a nice shade of red.
 
“You heard that? …Wait…what do you mean you had a conversation while I was singing. I didn't hear any voices.” She asked confusedly standing up. `Figures she wouldn't get it.' Inuyasha thought rolling his eyes. This caused Kagome to turn to him swiftly, huffing.
 
“What wouldn't I get dog boy!” she yelled out. Suddenly Tokuto burst out laughing making the two half demons back away slowly.
 
“Umm dad? Daddy? Is everything uh…alright?” she asked scooting further away from laughing demon. After his laughter subsided, he smiled at them. “Of course everything's alright. Its just that you two aren't used to Kagome's powers yet so its hilarious watching you two.” He said smiling even bigger causing Inuyasha and Kagome to back further away, until Kagome registered what he said.
 
“Wait powers?… I have powers.” She said slowly thinking. In their heads the 2 men counted down. 5…4…3…2…1. “OH MY GOSH! Whatarethey?Aretheycool?Dotheyhavenames?HowdoIusethem?Canyoushowme?PleasePl easePlease!!!” she said in one breath making the men sweat drop. Scratching his head, he tried to answer this over enthusiastic daughter.
 
“Umm they are 2 claw attacks, like Inuyasha here, yes they are cool, the regular one you can use is called `Black Heart Soul Stealer' and the other one you use when your bleeding is called `Claws Of Death.' they are just like Inuyasha's, and sure I can show you. Oh and you also have telepathy.” He said making Kagome's eyes sparkle. Just thinking about using her claws made her jumpy for some reason. I mean hey, she is a dog, and without their claws dogs are nothing.
 
“Ok…so lets say I wanted to, oh I dunno, cut down that tree over there, I could?” she asked innocently. Inuyasha had to admit, she is cute when she clueless.
 
“Sure you could. But it's a waste of energy.” Inuyasha said adding in his two cents. She nodded.
 
“Ok…do I have a weapon?” Kagome asked hoping on one foot in anticipation. Tokuto sighed shaking his head. “Are you ever satisfied?” he asked. She stopped hoping and pouted.
 
“Of course I am. I'm just a little curious.” She replied smiling. Tokuto sighed. “Yes you do. Though I was going to give it to you after you trained a little bit. But I guess,…”“Oh show me, show me, show me, show me, show me!” she pegged now jumping up and down. Sighing for the millionth time that day, he pulled a charm bracelet and hooked it on to her wrist. Moving her wrist up to eye level, she stared at the charms before looking at him dully.
 
“Well thanks for the bracelet and all, but I highly doubt it will help in battle.” She said. Tokuto then remembered that this was the first time she had ever seen one of these and replied, “these are you weapons. On the bracelet you will find: 2 guns, a sword, a set of bow and endless arrows, a cell phone, first aid kit, a dogs head, and I left you a spot on there for 3 other things.” Kagome gasped going over all the things he just listed off. Reaching the dog head she gulped.
 
“Uh dad? What does the dog head do? Is it like a head on a stick? Cause if it is I'm so no wearing this.” She said keeping her wrist as far as possible away from her body. Tokuto chuckled. “Of course not. Its for when you go back to the future. Like when you need to go stock up on supplies, you squeeze the head between your thumb and forefinger you will appear human.” She nodded.
 
“Wow dad this is so cool! Thank you sooo much!!!” she squealed hugging him. He laughed out loud while Inuyasha smiled. “I'm glad you like it. I-I…” But he could fell into a deep sleep listening to his daughter call out his name.
 
~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~ Early morning ~~)()(~~~~)()(~~~)()(~
 
Slowly opening his eyes, he hissed as the sun hit him dead on. `OW! Stupid sun! Kill it! Kill it! Kill it! Hmm that was a good dream too.' Rolling over, he felt a shooting pain go up his side. `owie…' he whimpered holding his side. Opening his eyes he was shocked to find a poor looking roof over his head instead of his castles'.
 
“Hm I did tell he after all. That's good.” Just then Keade wobbled in. “So ye have decided to wake, have ye Tokuto? Its been a while since you've lain there.” She said smiling. “Yes it has Keade. How long has it been? 35? 40 years?” He smiled back.
 
~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~ Flashback ~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~
 
“Lady Keade! Lady Keade! Come quick a demon is attacking the village!” she didn't need to be told twice. Grabbing her bow and arrows, she ran to where the demon was. Looking up she saw the dragons face. Snorting in disgust she aimed an arrow only to stop when she saw it had a little boy in his hands. When the boy was a few meters away from the dragons mouth a dark blue blur saved him. Setting the boy behind a tree a little bit away he smiled.
 
“Stay here kid. We wouldn't want you getting eaten now would we?” and with that he was off. Landing in front of the dragon he shouted to all the villagers to get back. Doing as he said when he drew his sword. Blowing a greenish fire at him, the man quickly dodged and swung at the dragon when his sword turned red. Thus making the dragon screech in agony and disappear without a trace. Keade walked up to him gracefully.
 
“Thank ye demon. But are ye a friend or foe?” She asked him. “I am a friend. But there is an urgent matter I need to speak with you about.”
 
“Ok then will ye follow me?” walking into her hut she handed him a cup of tea. Accepting it, he started. “500 years from not my mate will be having a pup.” Keade looked at him confused and he answered her unsaid question. “It involves you because, my pup will be able to transport to this era, using the bone eaters well. This will happen in about 15 years. How do I know this? I'm not really sure. But you must listen to me. On her 15th birthday she will fall down the well. And I do know she will wake up Inuyasha. Do not be alarmed; he will not seriously hurt anyone. But when things start to calm down, can you teach her how to use her miko powers? Yes she is related to you. Can you do that for me Lady Keade?” he finished. Keade looked dumbstruck.
 
How did this guy know this? Surly he must be joking! But…the look in his eyes proves that he's not. “Fine I will do as ye says. But I will not promise anything.” She said looking out the window. This made him smile, as he stood up.
 
“Its so pretty isn't it? The forest I mean.” He said. Keade nodded. Tokuto sighed. “To bad it will all be gone some day.” Walking over to the door he looked back at Keade, noting she was still looking out the window. “Hey Keade? One more thing.” He said snapping her out of her stupor. She blinked. Then blinked. Then blinked again.
 
`Now what is it?' she thought looking over at him as he chuckled. Suddenly all happiness was gone from his face. “When my pup gets here. Kagome. I don't want you to tell her about her demon blood or me. I will be following her and checking in from time to time.” He said emotionlessly. “Can you do that for me?” his voice cracked. Keade's eyes softened in realization. This demon, Tokuto, wouldn't be able to watch his daughter grow up. And he was separated from his mate.
 
“Aye Lord Tokuto. I will.” She replied. She sympathized with him. Nodding in approval he stepped out of the hut and into the trees.
 
 
~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~) ()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~
 
Me: yay! I'm done! I'm done! I'm gonna start on the next chapter.
Inu: no your not. You're gonna go listen to music!
Me: I am not! I am actually gonna start and finish the 5th chapter today. Do you know how many people I got on my case cuz aim not updating enough! I don't wanna end up in a garbage can!
Inu: ya riiiiiiite!
Me: you know what? I've had enough of you! I'm changing characters! *Inu disappears and Edward Elric shows up*
Ed: where am I?
Me: with me!
Ed: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Me: yes! And remember people review!!!