InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel15025: What's up my peeps? Angel here to hit you off with another chapter of Sweet Potato Pie. I have good news, I have just completed a hostile take over of the show Inuyasha and from now on I have complete reign over all of the characters.
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: Ahem
Angel: Oh, fine. I still don't own anything except the plot line of this story and the idea of making Kagome part Mexican(next time I think I'll make her part African American.)
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: That's better. Oh by the way, I'm suing you.
 
Angel: What!?!? Why?
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: For hitting me with the frying pan of course. I was in so much pain.
 
Angel: But, I didn't even hit you!
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: That's not how I'll spin it. I think I can get you on charges of abuse and attempted murder.
 
Angel: But, you can't do that!
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: Of course I can. Naraku and I thought it would be a great punishment.
 
Angel: For what?
Player Hatin' Lawyer: ….
 
Angel: Well?
 
Player Hatin' Lawyer: Give me a few chapters, we'll think of something. Lawyer picks up his brief case and leaves.
 
Angel: I'm confused. Let me write out this chapter before I lose it. From now on whenever someone is speaking in Spanish, it will look like this. Esta bien(ok?)?
 
 
 
Chapter 10
 
 
Kagome's grandfather, Mr.Higurashi, whistled a quick tune under his breath as he locked the windows in his house.
“Ok, I think that's all of them,” he muttered to himself. Mr.Higurashi hobbled upstairs, slowed by his arthritic hip. “God, you are wise, but why did you choose to afflict humans with rheumatoid?”
Five minuets later, Mr.Higurashi lay in bed dozing off to sleep when he heard a crash in the living room. He shot up and walked as quickly as he could to the top of the stairs. Mr.Higurashi picked up an aluminum baseball bat that his grandson had left in the hallway.
“Who's there?” his dry voice echoed in the dark. When he didn't hear anything after a few minuets, Mr.Higurashi began his slow descent down the stairs. As he stepped on the bottom stair, he felt some one watching him in the shadows of the living room.
“Whoever you are, leave now,” he commanded. “I'm armed.”
“With your grandson's baseball bat? I'm so scared” came the sarcastic reply.
“What do you want with me?” Mr.Higurashi asked.
“With you nothing. With your grandchildren, well let's just say that's a different story.” A figure moved off of an easy chair right in front of Mr.Higurashi. He took a wild swing and was immediately knocked back from a powerful punch in the chest. Mr. Higurashi sputtered and gasped for air as the shadowed figure snapped on the light. The man walked over to the old man and pulled him up by the hair and made Mr.Higurashi face him.
“Try another stunt like that, old man, and I'll kill you. Understand?” Mr. Higurashi could only nod.
“What do you want?” Mr.Higurashi managed to gasp out after a few minuets. “My grandchildren aren't here.”
“I know very well where they are Mr.Higurashi. Contacting them through you is just more amusing,”said the man with a slight smile on his lips.
“Who are you?”
“You mean you really don't know? I was so sure that Kagome warned you about me.”
“*Gasp*. Your that man Naraku!”
“Very good! I was beginning to think you were stupid!”
“What do you want?”
“To leave a message for my favorite foster kids. Tell Kagome that I'm watching her and that her little friend, Sango can't help her. Neither can that fool Miroku or her halfling boyfriend.” Naraku reached in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. “Give this to her.” Naraku turned to leave then stopped. “One more thing, tell Souta to be careful when Kagome gives him driving lessons, young kids behind the wheel tends to lead to unfortunate accidents.” Without another word, Naraku leapt out of the window he broke in through . Mr.Higurashi caught his breath and dialed the police.
***************************************************************** *******
Kagome jumped up when she heard the phone ring.She sighed and reached for the receiver.
`I'd finally gotten to sleep, too,' she thought. “Hello?' she croaked out.
“Ms. Moralez, this is the Tokyo City Police,”the voice at the other end of the phone started. “I'm afraid there's been a break in at your grandfather's house. If you could come over and…”
“Wait a minuet,” she interrupted, “is he ok?”
“Ma'am, calm down, this is a routine procedure, just need you to come to your grandfather's house…”
“Don't tell me to calm down! It's three in the morning and you call to tell me that someone broke into my grandfather's house then tell me to calm down I want to talk to my grandfather now!”
“Please, ma'am, I don't understand what you're saying…”
“What's the matter, Kagome?” Sango asked as she burst into Kagome's room.
“Someone broke into Granpa's house,” Kagome answered frantically.
“Give me the phone,” Sango instructed, gently. “Hello. Can you please explain what happened?”
“Who am I speaking to ?” the police officer asked.
“Sango Mugoyu, Kagome Moralez's roommate. I suggest you tell me what's going on, now.”
“There's been a break in at her grandfather's house. Mr. Higurashi is fine, but we need her to come over right away.”
“Ok, we'll be there in a few minuets.”Sango hung up the phone and turned to Kagome, who was hurriedly putting on a pair of jeans over her pajama shorts.
“Sango, I need you to watch Souta. If he wakes up, tell him that I'll be back in a little while.”
“You can't go alone, Kagome.”
“I can't leave Souta alone, and I'm not taking him with me.”
“Let me call Inuyasha. I'll have him meet you there.”
“Fine,” Kagome sighed and cast her friend a grateful look. How had everything changed so quickly? Just a few hours ago Kagome had been enjoying dinner with her family and friends. All thoughts of Naraku had been far from her mind. It had to be him, Kagome knew. Who else could it have been? Kagome grabbed the key to her motorcycle and stepped out into the cold October night without her jacket. `I'll have to pull out my car in a couple of weeks,' she thought absently as she started her motorcycle. Kagome sped away to her grandfather's houses.
`Please, God, give me strength,' she prayed all the way. Inuyasha stepped out of his car as Kagome pulled up in front of the house.
“Kagome! Sango told me what happened,” Inuyasha put his coat on Kagome and led her inside. “It will be fine.” Kagome nodded and looked at the throngs of police officers milling around the yard.
“Kagome!” Mr. Higurash cried as he broke away from the officer he was speaking to. “Sweetheart, I told them not to call you!”
“Granpa,I was so scared something happened to you! What happened?”
“It was that horrible Naraku!”
“I knew it! Did he hurt you?”
“He got a lucky punch in, but I think the window took the worst of his beating,” Mr.Higurashi chuckled. “He's been watching you, Kagome.You and Souta. He told me to give this to you.” Mr.Higurashi handed the piece of paper to Kagome. It was a picture of Kagome and her friends at the movies last week. She gasped and handed the photo to Inuyasha.
“I can't believe I couldn't smell him,” he growled.
“He told me to tell you that your friends couldn't help you,” Mr.Higurashi continued. “He knows that Sango is staying with you.”
“That's it,”Inuyasha said. “Kagome, you and your brother are moving in with me and Miroku.”
“No, I refuse to let that beast scare me from my home!”
“Kagome, I can't understand Spanish that well, please, speak Japanese,” Inuyasha asked gently.
“I said, I refuse to let that beast scare me from my home,” Kagome said with a heavy Spanish accent. (For those of you who don't get it, when Kagome is upset, she automatically starts speaking in Spanish.)
“Then Mirouku and I are moving into your house, and Souta is staying ,too.”
“What about my Granpa?” Kagome asked in a defeated tone. (Still heavily accented.)
“I'll stay with a friend in Kyoto,” Mr.Higurasi told his granddaughter. “The main focus here is that you and Souta are safe.” Kagome threw her arms around her grandfather.
I love you so much,” she sobbed. “I'm so sorry.”
“I love you, too, Bumble Bee,” Mr.Higurashi said hugging her back. “And this is in no way your fault. Go home, you need your rest.”
“I'll take you in my car,” Inuyasha offered.
“What about my motorcycle?” Kagome asked. (Her accent isn't so heavy; in a couple of lines, it'll be barely noticeable again ^__^).
“Leave it here,” Mr.Higurashi told her. “I never liked you riding around on that contraption any how. Especially not at night.” Kagome hugged her grandfather once more then let Inuyasha guide her to his car.
“Thanks, Inuyasha,” Kagome muttered before falling asleep in the passenger seat.
“No,problem,” Inuyasha muttered back. Then he thought of something. `Where are Mirouku and I going to sleep?'
 
 
 
 
So, how did you guys like this chapter? Review , and then tell your friends to read my stories, too! Love, peace and hairgrease!
 
 
God bless!
 
Angel15025