InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Angel: Hey, I'm finally back. I'm sorry it took so long, but you know, senior year. Anyway I'd really like to thank my readers and mostly my reviewers. You guys really make me want to continue my story, so keep up the reviews. Love ya much. Orlando: Don't forget the disclaimer, dear.
Angel: Hehehe! Orlando called me dear. Ok, I don't own Inuyasha. If I did, the ending of the series would have been so much better. But I do own the idea of this story.
Orlando: Well that's done. What do you want to do now?
Angel: Thinks. I want to take over Canada. They've had it too good for too long.
Orlando: Excellent idea, I'll call Jack.
@
@
@
@
Chapter 15
 
 
The waiting room was silent as the four waited anxiously for the doctor to give them news about Kagome. They had called her grandfather and Inuyasha's mother and were waiting for something, anything to happen.
“It's been three hours!” Inuyasha said as he paced the floor. “Why hasn't anyone told us anything?” His friends looked at him helplessly and Souta stared at the floor. Just then, the waiting room door burst open and Kagome's grandfather hobbled in followed closely by Inuyasha's family.
“Where is she?” Mr. Higurashi asked frantically. “Is she alright? What happened?”
“Have the doctors said anything?” Mr. Tashio asked a bit more calmly.
“No, nothing,” Inuyasha said. Mr. Higurashi sat down next to Souta and put an arm around him.
“What happened?” Kagura asked.
“The principal of her school tried to kill her,” Sango said bitterly.
“What on earth for?” Mrs. Tashio asked.
“We don't know,” Miroku said.
“I'm looking for the family of Kagome Moralez.” Everyone looked up at the doctor who had just walked in and began speaking all at once.
“Is she ok?”
“Is she awake?”
“Can we see her?”
“Hold on a minuet!” the doctor said, holding her hands up. “You're all here to see Kagome Moralez?”
“We are,” Sesshomaru said coolly. “And we would very much like to know how she's doing.”
“Well we're expecting her to pull through with no complications, but we want to keep her in the ICU overnight just to make sure.” Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. “You can all go in, but one at a time. Who ever wants to go first can follow me.”
“Souta,” Mr. Higurashi tapped his grandson's shoulder. “Did you hear that? Your sister is going to be fine. Do you want to go see her?” Souta nodded and rose with his grandfather and they followed the doctor out of the room.
“I can only let you in one at a time, so one of you will have to wait in the hall,” the doctor explained as they left. A man in a trench coat stepped to the side to give them room to walk out then entered the room.
“Good evening, folks,” he said. “I'm detective Masaru Asano.”
“Hello detective Asano, I'm Tomaru Tashio. What can we do for you?”
“I know this is a difficult time for you, but I need to get the witness' statements. Who actually saw the crime taking place?”
“That would be my younger son and his friends. The victim's brother was there also, but he and his grandfather went to visit his sister. They should be back in a few minutes.”
“That's quite alright, I'd just like to ask you a couple of questions so if you would step out in the hall with me one at a time, I'll only take a couple of minuets.”
“I'll go first,” Inuyasha said. He followed the detective out into the hall.
It took the detective twenty minuets to interview everyone.
“You'll find the man who did this to my granddaughter?” Mr. Higurashi asked.
“We'll try sir,” Asano said.
“If they don't get him, I will,” Inuyasha said dangerously when the detective had gone.
“Don't do anything rash son,” Mr. Tashio warned him. “It wouldn't do anyone any good if you got arrested.”
“Why don't you go see her?” Sesshomaru suggested, placing a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder (Sesshy's almost scarily OOC). Inuyasha grunted, and left.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The room was starch white and dimly lit. Inuyasha sat down beside Kagome's bed and held her hand.
“Don't scare me like that, Kagome,” Inuyasha said, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. “I might wind up in jail if this keeps up.”
“Don't worry about me.” Inuyasha's head snapped up. Kagome flashed him a small smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.
“Hey,” she whispered, wheezing slightly.
“Oh, thank God you're ok!” Inuyasha said, grabbing her up in a hug.
“Cuida te! Don't unplug anything!”
“Sorry! Sorry! You really feel alright?”
“Really, I'm good. My throat's just a little sore, that's all.”
“Oh, you probably shouldn't talk too much. I'll get a doctor or someone for you. J-just stay here.”
“Where on earth could I possibly be going now?” Kagome asked incredulously, pointing to the various medical machined hooked up to her.
“Just…I'll be right back.” Inuyasha forced himself to walk calmly to the nurse's station. He went up to the doctor who had shown him to Kagome's room and tapped her urgently on the shoulder.
“She's awake,” he said, almost itching to run back to her room (aww!).
“Pardon?” the doctor said, confusion etched on her features.
“The woman in 236, Kagome Moralez, is awake.”
“Oh, thank you sir, why don't you go into the waiting room and I'll be in in a few minuets and let you know how she's doing.” Inuyasha nodded and half ran back to the waiting room.
“She's awake,” Inuyasha said as he burst through the door, startling the group.
“What?” Miroku asked.
“Kagome's awake,” Inuyasha repeated.
“And doing very well, I'm pleased to say.” The doctor came up behind Inuyasha. “We're going to keep her over night for observation, but we're transferring her out of ICU. She'll be home by tomorrow.”
“Thank God,” Sango said.
“Can we see her again?” Souta asked.
“I'm afraid not,” the doctor said. “Visiting hours are over for the night and I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave.”
“What time are you discharging my granddaughter?” Mr.Higurashi asked.
“Around three o'clock. If no one is available to pick her up, we can arrange an ambulatory escort.”
“I can't pick he up,” Mr. Higurashi said. “My flight leaves at 12.”
“That's ok,” Sango said. “We can pick her up.”
“Alright then,” the doctor said, checking her watch. “We'll see you tomorrow. Good-night.”
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The next day, Kagome's brother and friends showed up at exactly three laden with bears, balloons, and chocolate.
“Good grief!” Kagome exclaimed. “What, am I four?” She was sitting on her bed wearing jeans and a white tee. A rather old nurse was removing the last bit of machinery as Kagome rubbed her sore neck.
“We just figured it'd cheer you up,” Souta said. He shrugged and handed Kagome a teddy bear. She ruffled his hair and smiled.
“Thanks, but some decent food would've been just fine. No offense,” Kagome said to the nurse.
“None taken,” the nurse said, winking a wise eye at the younger woman. “There's a running joke that it's the sickness that brings the patients in and the food that keeps them here.” She helped Kagome into a wheelchair.
“I can walk you know.”
“I know, dear, but it's the hospital's rules. I'll leave you in you're family's capable hands. Take care of yourself.”
“Will do.” The nurse left and Inuyasha steered Kagome's wheelchair towards the elevator.
“Where's grandpa?” Kagome asked as they waited.
“He had to back to Kyoto this morning,” Souta said, “but he sends his love.”
“Aww man!”
Ding
The elevator doors slid open and Kagome tried to get out of the wheelchair. Inuyasha pushed her back down into the chair.
“Sit,” he commanded (I just couldn't resist, LOL).
“Are you guys going to baby me all day?”
“Most likely, yes,” Miroku said. “But probably longer.”
“Come on, it's not like I'm terminally ill! I didn't die!”
“But you almost did,” Inuyasha said. “We're not letting you out of our sight until that psycho principal is caught.”
“Ay Dios mio!” Kagome said, throwing her hands up in exasperation. “I'll catch him myself in that case.”
“You'll do no such thing,” her friends and Souta said simultaneously.
“ Wow, it just got really cold all of the sudden,” Kagome said sinking into the chair. “Can I at least go to work? I mean I do have bills to pay.”
“She has a point,” Miroku said.
“Besides,” Kagome said a little smugly. “What are the chances that he'd be stupid enough to go back to the school?”
“I guess that's true,” Sango said.
“And Souta, don't you have a ski trip coming up? I'll have to pay for that.” Kagome stared at Souta with wide eyes.”
“I don't have to go,” Souta said, shifting uncomfortably under his sister's stare.
“But you want to go, don't you?”
“Well yeah, but…”
“And I want you to go, so I have to work, right?”
“Yeah, I guess,” Inuyasha said slowly.
“Then it's settled,” Kagome jumped out of the wheelchair as the elevator doors opened onto the lobby. She almost bounced out, leaving he confused companions behind.
“What just happened?” Inuyasha asked, looking confused.
“She did it again!” Miroku exclaimed.
“How does she always do that?” Souta asked.
“You'd think we'd know how to resist that,” Sango said shaking head.
“What happened?” Inuyasha asked again.
“Kagome just did this mind trick thing to get her way, again,” Souta said, exasperated.
“She should been a psychiatrist,” Miroku said.
“And she did the puppy eyes,” Sango added. “She's an evil genius.”
“Hey guys,” Kagome called from the doors. “Sometime today, if you don't mind!”
The four left the elevator and a nurse took the wheelchair away from Inuyasha.
“She's not going to make this easy, is she?” Inuyasha asked.
“Nope” Souta said. Sango and Miroku shook their heads. “She'll probably win, too.”
“Darn it all!” Inuyasha huffed, following Kagome out of the hospital.
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Angel: So what do yall think?
Orlando: It was wonderful.
Angel: Oh, you're just saying that because it's true.
Orlando: Are we still taking over Canada?
Angel: Yeah, of course! (To readers) Review, please, and I'll give you cookies. (To Orlando) Lets go!