InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taken ❯ Product of His Enviroment ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or the characters therein.

Some of the things Myouga says are probably (and maybe should) be offensive, he explains his position well enough, and I feel the need to remind people (yet again) that what the characters in my stories say do not necessarily reflect my personal beliefs.

I also may have forgotten the proper way to spell Myouga's name, sorry if I messed it up. The next chapter is likely to be longer, but no promises. And yes the choppiness of this and the last chapter is on purpose because of the characters states and such.

Chapter 2: Product of His Environment

InuYasha sat at the base of a tree, he wasn't sure where, he hadn't come back around to thinking about that yet. His legs were drawn up and he had his left arm across his knees with his forehead resting on it. His right arm was draped across the left, his right hand held away from his body still dripped with red human blood and green youkai poison.

InuYasha was crying.

He couldn't remember the last time he had cried, but he cried now. He didn't want to. He thought that he might be crying for what he had done. And he was, that is how it started, but now he was crying for everything. Everything that he had done, everything that had been done to him. Everything he had done to her.

He took her.

He hadn't asked what she wanted. If she wanted to be his mate. He thought that she wanted to be. But he took just her.

He took Kagome.

He raped Kagome.

He couldn't escape that. He couldn't forgive that. He raped her. He lost control; he hadn't wanted to hurt her. But he did. He knew that. He barely remembered what happened.

He raped Kagome.

He took Kagome.

And all for that damn wimpy wolf.

He tried to growl, but it came out as a sob. It was just a fight. One they had been having for years. He didn't even remember what they said. He remembered needing to claim Kagome. To mark her so that Kouga would leave her alone. Leave her to him. But that meant sex. The mark would only stay if his power was in her. He had to leave his seed inside her to complete the ritual. Her consent wasn't necessary.

Except that it was.

To him at least.

He hadn't thought about the sex when he went to mark her. He needed to mark her. So he took her.

InuYasha curled into a ball, lay in the dirt and ground his teeth in his hate. He couldn't go back now. He couldn't face her. He couldn't face his friends. He was the monster that he was always told he was. That he always thought that he was.

"Lord InuYasha?" a small old voice called in the distance.

InuYasha didn't hear it.

"Lord InuYasha!" Myouga landed in front of his face, "What happened?"

"Go away." He croaked, and turned his face to the earth.

Myouga gave InuYasha a once over checking for injuries, "Are you hurt Lord InuYasha?"

"Leave me the fuck alone." InuYasha pulled his gory arm over his face to hide from the flea youkai.

Myouga noticed the blood and poison drying on his hand and hopped over to inspect it, "Ah, you took Lady Kagome as your mate. But I don't see-"

InuYasha sat up startling the flea, "I TOOK her!" He yelled, "We didn't become mates. I took her as my mate, I didn't ask her I just took her!"

Myouga considered him quietly for a moment, "Did she resist?"

InuYasha stared at him in blank surprise, "What…?"

"If she did not resist then I'm sure she will get over-" Myouga tried to comfort his master but was interrupted.

"Shut up!" InuYasha shouted, "This is Kagome Myouga! KA-GO-ME! Not some worthless village wench that half expects that sort of thing!"

"But you marked her." Myouga tried again in a subdued voice, "You made her your mate, surly she will forgive this small lapse-"

"I DIDN'T ASK!" InuYasha roared, "I didn't ask if she wanted to be my mate. Things are different in her land Myouga. People are different. I broke her trust, I failed her…" InuYasha pulled his arms around his folded legs again, "She never should have trusted me. I'm an abomination, a fucking monster."

Myouga sighed, sat on a root next to InuYasha and took a thoughtful pose, "It is the time we live in. Men and youkai that are considered great heroes are not always above taking what they want from innocent girls from time to time. And it is nothing at all to take a mate by force. It is even considered honorable. Kagome's land is different? Perhaps… But you are in this one, and you are no more a monster in that then more then half the males around you. Far less then most, since you did what you did to claim her as your own. But you feel that she will be greatly affected by this anyway?"

InuYasha watched Myouga during his speech. It sounded like something Kagome said once, the product of his environment. But he should have been above that. He hadn't meant to rape her, He hadn't thought about that at the time. He just wanted to mark her, he forgot about the rest.

Myouga sat in silence for a moment, considering Kagome's possible reactions, before he stood to leave, "You must not hide from her, whither she forgives you, or tries to kill you, you must give her that chance. I still believe she might be pleased, you chose her, after all. Also, you have marked her as the mate of a youkai, and Humans and youkai alike will disapprove. If you are not there to protect her, youkai will assume that she has been abandoned and … she will be in danger."

Myouga took several hops away then stopped, InuYasha couldn't tell if he turned back but he heard his parting comment "Still, there is one thing that bothers me… She is a powerful miko and when she is scared and shocked greatly she has been known to pulse with pure miko energy, why did she not do that to dissuade you?"

*

A/N: Myouga is referring to what Kagome did to Madam Centipede; I'm assuming that he's heard of it.

Thank you all for so much for reviewing